Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishment Thread 22: Impossible Spell Cards are No Match For Us!  (Read 212694 times)

Noobzor

• Grazing is fun
  • I like grazing
Congratulations Jovial :3
Hard 1cc's: all windows games :3
Lunatic 1cc's: EoSD, PoFV, PCB
My replays

Congratulations!

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
Congratulations, you deserve your victory.

Ranko Hoshino

• ゆっくりしていってね!!!
  • Take it easy!
    • Ranko's Gaming Blog
Congratulations! :toot:
Currently needing to do more Touhou stuff
My Touhou Replays
IN Yukari Spell Practice: 218/222
Chat with me, maybe?: https://discord.gg/0bbmWG5ankaeyTzH

Congrats Jovial!

Things I've done (and maybe will improve):
SA L6MNB | SA Lunatic 3b Scorerun | MoF LNB | PCB LNB |DDC LNB

Mr Jovial

• Commander of the Whale Legion
  • ~Having a whale of a time~
Here's the video and thanks for the congratulations and support ( ?◡?)/

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
You know, this is all the more impressive after having seen the gradual build-up of both successively better LNBs and failures. It shows how much practice this really takes. Not something I'd ever do, that's for sure.

Spoiler:
Now to go for score?

haha noob, do the same thing on IN lunatic ultra no focus no vertical movement.

in all seriousness congrats. Still trying to 1cc with all teams on easy in IN.
Touhou games 1cced(sadly on easy mode) MOF,DDC,IN,TD,POFV,UFO,EOSD,SA

Ghost

• Fluke dodging is the best tactic.

IN 134th clear. Full LNN, no failed last spells.
Will post a video link tomorrow, takes quite a while to upload a full run :<
Video here.

Well done!
You deserve it after practicing so hard for it.

Nindella

• That cat!
  • Nyaaa...
    • Youtube Page!
Here's the video and thanks for the congratulations and support ( ?◡?)/

Congrats!!  :D
Youtube Channel!
Please check it out for Touhou commentaries, LPs, piano transcriptions and more!
My Touhou replays!

Well done, Jovial.

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.

And another DDC Easy world record retaken.
Replay - Screenshot
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 01:36:16 AM by Karisa »

Deceit Sign "Reverse Needle Attack" Lunatic timeout

200 tries... How can a spell card that's only 20 seconds long be so hard to timeout?

Things I've done (and maybe will improve):
SA L6MNB | SA Lunatic 3b Scorerun | MoF LNB | PCB LNB |DDC LNB

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
Belated congrats to Jovial. Very nice work dude, we all knew you'd pull it off.

As for recent stuff, I've only just gotten back into the swing of things (busy with work, which I'm thankful for). But another IN Stage 6B run that only failed Rising World might as well count, because that means I'm back to where I used to be. I also hadn't seen any of the other Last Spells in weeks lol, I'm almost surprised I didn't choke on one of them instead.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 12:49:28 AM by ふねん1 »
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Lord Scalgon

• Trying to get used to things...
Grats, Jovial!

Aside from that, I kinda had a random thought, and this would be more of a "joint" accomplishment, if anything...if it does happen.  Is anyone down for a joint ISC timeout run?  I already timed out a good 10 cards so far (which I know isn't much), but it's just an idea.

Spoiler:
Frowning upon Day 10 for obvious reasons...even though the very last one is the easiest of all the ten cards...
Current ambition: NBND VoWG timeout.  Best run: NB1D

I honestly think 10-4 is pretty much humanly impossible to timeout. Surviving the first spinhell phase is hard, but manageable because it's consistently the same so you can build up muscle memory, and Remilia is also centered on the screen. After the first wave, though, Remilia randomly moves, which not only throws the possibility of muscle memory out of the window, but means that going through the side she is closest to is even tighter than it was before (less distance Remilia is from a wall = less distance between the knives at that wall - and the first wave is already quite tight), and can be ridiculously tight if Remilia moves quite horizontally towards a wall.

The only way I could see it being remotely possible for a human is avoiding going to the wall closest to her by taking advantage of the fact that you only have to go about 3/4s of a counterclockwise circle around Remilia. Which I guess means starting the spinhell phase in the bottom left corner if Remilia is closer to the left side, and starting at the top right corner (lol) if she's closer to the right wall. And getting good enough at improvising the different speeds you need to move at certain positions on the screen, accounting for the difference Remilia's position will make (further away from her = gotta move faster). Still really ridiculous and still probably unreasonable.

Then of course there'll be just the straight up painful ones that I'm not sure anybody would wanna do (5-2, 10-7).
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 05:15:51 AM by Star King »

Ranko Hoshino

• ゆっくりしていってね!!!
  • Take it easy!
    • Ranko's Gaming Blog
I got a TD Normal 1cc with Marisa, and I got her parallel ending too! :toot:

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=34950

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LzXKuQaLqY
My Touhou Replays

Lord Scalgon

• Trying to get used to things...
I honestly think 10-4 is pretty much humanly impossible to timeout. Surviving the first spinhell phase is hard, but manageable because it's consistently the same so you can build up muscle memory, and Remilia is also centered on the screen. After the first wave, though, Remilia randomly moves, which not only throws the possibility of muscle memory out of the window, but means that going through the side she is closest to is even tighter than it was before (less distance Remilia is from a wall = less distance between the knives at that wall - and the first wave is already quite tight), and can be ridiculously tight if Remilia moves quite horizontally towards a wall.

The only way I could see it being remotely possible for a human is avoiding going to the wall closest to her by taking advantage of the fact that you only have to go about 3/4s of a counterclockwise circle around Remilia. Which I guess means starting the spinhell phase in the bottom left corner if Remilia is closer to the left side, and starting at the top right corner (lol) if she's closer to the right wall. And getting good enough at improvising the different speeds you need to move at certain positions on the screen, accounting for the difference Remilia's position will make (further away from her = gotta move faster). Still really ridiculous and still probably unreasonable.

Then of course there'll be just the straight up painful ones that I'm not sure anybody would wanna do (5-2, 10-7).

Basically what I had in mind anyway regarding the difficulty behind 10-4, but not the possible solutions to it.  Maybe somewhere down the road, someone may pull it off, but I don't know.  Most likely a 1CC lunatic scorerunner would have the best chance in my opinion.  Not to forget to mention 10-8 because...well, clipping through the obstacles are inevitable.

Worse comes to worse, I just might consider days 1 to 9 only.  10 is a bonus, I guess.

As for my part, I've timed out 3-6, 3-7, 4-4 (anyone can accomplish this one), 5-1, 7-1, 7-4, 7-8 (sadly, I accidentally overwrote this one), 8-1, 8-2, and 9-6.  No-item timeout, by the way.  Screw small hitboxes.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 04:06:50 AM by Lord Scalgon »
Current ambition: NBND VoWG timeout.  Best run: NB1D

Nolegs the Cat

• >Sʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ. >Sʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ.
*clap clap clap*
Nicely done, Jovial!

... Now I need to get back on with my NNN of MoF :P

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
Here's the video and thanks for the congratulations and support \( ?◡?)/

Good god, you finally did it? Congratulations!

Mr Jovial

• Commander of the Whale Legion
  • ~Having a whale of a time~
DDC Perfect Stage 6  on lunatic. Surprisingly easy, even with the extra difficulty of dodging the 2nd nonspell. Also had trouble with stupid stuff like "The Seven Issun-Boushi" because stacked glowing bullets form an  unintelligible mass to me :V
Oh well, was something I wanted to do for a while but then IN 1ccs stole took up all my time...

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
So I'm warming up a bit this morning with some Rising World, aiming for 5 captures to get my mind into things (yes I stole from Jovial's training methods, don't hurt me lol).

I captured the card in 4 of my first 5 attempts. None of them seemed particularly lucky either, my mind was pretty focused at the time. Naturally it took a while to get the fifth capture because by then I was losing focus again, but I thought my little experience this morning was pretty cool.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

I recently finished my Touhou normal 1-cc grand tour, which entailed me 1cc'ing all the windows games (Except PoFV) on normal. I only 1cc'd each of them once, except IN, which I 1cc'd with all 4 teams, both endings.
I'm currently working on StB, and after I full clear that I'll go back through the games getting their hard 1cc's.

Ranko Hoshino

• ゆっくりしていってね!!!
  • Take it easy!
    • Ranko's Gaming Blog
My Touhou Replays

Finally managed to get a Hard mode 1CC of Imperishable Night! Was a little surprisingly as I bungled some easy stuff on Stage 3 and 4 and wasn't in good shape going into stage 5 but I somehow had 3 lives going into stage 6. Grabbed a capture of Kaguya's 3rd last spell too which I've always had trouble with though I didn't get the other four (lol).

With that that's 5 games Hard 1CC'd (PCB, TD, DDC, MoF, IN in that order). Next will probably have to be EoSD though the lack of lives will be tough. There's also SA, TD and DDC extras which I still haven't been able to beat and CtC which I still haven't managed to 1cc on normal (granted I just discovered it more recently)

PurpleTheGuy

• Purple and Violet
Hey everyone, it's been a while! Sorry I've been gone for a while, just been writing programs and code everyday, more-or-less.

Well, anyways, I finally got my first ever 1cc of Embodiment of Scarlet Devil in lunatic mode! I've been wanting this clear since late August, and well, it finally happened, and it was when I actually had time to play again for a little bit! :D

Took me long enough to do, heh.

EoSD lunatic mode 1cc

Well, this makes EoSD the 4th Touhou game I've cleared in lunatic mode, and I guess I'll go beat Flandre next (Or I might do some other thing, I don't know, hmm...), though I'll have to put that one off for a while, due to school stuff (again, writing programs & codes and all that good stuff, lol). Getting a little closer to beating all of the Touhou STG games on lunatic, and me playing other STGs more and more often as well.

Well, that's that for now, I guess! :)

finally got a 1cc of TD on easy. this took way to long. I really suck at this game for some reason.

PoDD Reimu Lunatic 1cc

I've been having fun playing PoDD the past few days. Managed to clear it earlier today.

Ranko Hoshino

• ゆっくりしていってね!!!
  • Take it easy!
    • Ranko's Gaming Blog
My Touhou Replays

got a blind 1 cc on pofv. Shikeki was basically impossible on first try, second time i think the match literally lasted a minute and i won. this game is weird but it has been fun from what i have played so far. very fun.