Author Topic: MoF Boss Practice and other things  (Read 20495 times)

MoF Boss Practice and other things
« on: May 21, 2014, 10:40:34 PM »
MoF Boss Practice

Bombs are still enabled.  You can still disable them by pulling the X key out of your keyboard though!  Midbosses also remain because I don't think it makes sense to remove midbosses for something like this, regardless of what Drake tells you ;).  And bombs are OP in this game anyway, so it's not like they last more than 2-3 seconds either if you want to skip them.  I dumped a powerup fairy in stage 1 as well so you won't be at 0 power if you decide to play it as a boss rush, and the faith it drops should allow you to reach the extends through caps and boss items.

VoWG+PWG Practice

What it says on the tin.  Kanako and Aya skip to these spells respectively.  PWG will also infinitely loop, though it won't record your captures for some reason.  I don't think this is a big deal really, but I also have a non-looping version that does record them if you'd prefer that instead.

PCB Boss Practice (Alternate version)

Original thread for alternate version.  Special thanks to rsy_type for this one.  All stages work properly, but no midbosses.

PCB is an absolute mess to work with.  I'm not gonna lie - I basically stole an existing patch that skips the stages and restored the boss timers for this.  There's a few things wrong with this one that will not be fixed by me - Stage 1/2 don't work at all, stage 3's first Alice doesn't appear (I think this is a good thing anyway though - since she appears so early normally, skipping to second Alice is nice), Lily doesn't appear, and you'll be at really low power if you try to use this for Extra, Phantasm, or play from stage 1.  Still, it's nice for practicing most of the bosses from stage 3 onward.  Feel free to fix this up and post it if you want.

DDC No Flip

Because fuck Seija.

DDC Nonspell Practice

Nons in the spell select will be relative to their position.  If the boss has more spells than nons then I left in the spells, with the exception of Shinmyoumaru, who has Benben's (4B) midboss nons.  I spent about 3-4 hours trying to make other nons work in the filler spaces too but the game kept crashing, so the other mids will have to wait for boss practice.  I really don't know why only bowl-loli seems to work, but she does.  Kagerou and Cirno's nons are only selectable on Hard/Lunatic, since those are the only modes they had a spell on.  The extra stage midboss non will end when one girl's lifebar ends (instead of both) - I'm not really sure how to fix something like that.  I didn't bother to make the stages themselves playable after I was done either - this is strictly for the spell practice.  I haven't bothered to test it, but you'll probably hit a nonspell and have it infinitely loop into itself or something if you try to actually play it.

ISC Mima Sprite

Replaces Seija's sprite with Mima's.  Sprites shamelessly stolen from Johnny Walker's dnh Mima player script.  No change to the shot itself.  I wasn't going to post this since it doesn't do much but I figured since I already made it I may as well.

I may work on a TD/DDC boss practice later too, depends when I feel like it.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 10:45:37 PM by Great Birdhou Daishougakusen »

Drake

Re: MoF Boss Practice and other things
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 10:48:52 PM »
regardless of what Drake tells you ;)
u fuker i tel u wot

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

redlakitu

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 10:49:06 PM »
DDC No Flip

Because fuck Seija.
This alone is enough to make you a hero in my eyes.

Jirachi

• Wish Maker
  • yawn...
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014, 10:58:29 PM »
Books Practice pls. :>

Also, while TD/DDC has a built-in boss rush that can be enabled with Cheat Engine. Still has bombs and replays desynch even if it's enabled so it's more of a debug feature. A more polished one would be welcome.

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2014, 11:06:57 PM »
Books Practice pls. :>

Also, while TD/DDC has a built-in boss rush that can be enabled with Cheat Engine. Still has bombs and replays desynch even if it's enabled so it's more of a debug feature. A more polished one would be welcome.
Brook made a books thing but I'm not sure who all has it.  I think Cactu does but I dunno...  I don't think she posted it on MotK, and I haven't seen her on IRC in a while so I can't really ask her about it :<.

Also the TD/DDC boss rush that Ethansilver posted are kinda buggy - especially the DDC one.  Yoshika crashes the game if she times out, Wackysacky doesn't show up (but Cirno does, and uses her spell even on easy and Normal), and Benben won't appear regardless of shot type.  I think there were other things too, but yeah.  It's messy.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 11:09:41 PM by Great Birdhou Daishougakusen »

Lord Scalgon

• Trying to get used to things...
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2014, 12:21:53 AM »
Speaking of VoWG, let's say I attempt a timeout of it - will recording this part be viable through the replay method or do I have to record this timeout attempt live?
Current ambition: NBND VoWG timeout.  Best run: NB1D

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2014, 12:28:02 AM »
VoWG+PWG Practice

:ohdear: What's this ?A single spell card practice...?

Jirachi

• Wish Maker
  • yawn...
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2014, 12:30:16 AM »
The books practice .dat Ikachan/Brook gave me awhile back

Awesome, thanks! :)

Speaking of VoWG, let's say I attempt a timeout of it - will recording this part be viable through the replay method or do I have to record this timeout attempt live?

It should sync.

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2014, 12:48:13 AM »
I could save a replay no problem, so it's compatible.
For stages 4 and 6, yes. For 1-3 and 5 is the regular boss practice it seems (though on a "full" run you won't get past stage 4).

Things I've done (and maybe will improve):
SA L6MNB | SA Lunatic 3b Scorerun | MoF LNB | PCB LNB |DDC LNB

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2014, 01:20:47 AM »

This is all I ever wanted in this world

Except an EoSD boss rush with PATCHOULI RUSH, that would be nice too

but yeah

:)

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2014, 01:35:11 AM »
VoWG refers to Virtue of Wind God (風神様の神徳, Kanako's final spell) and PWG is Peerless Wind God (無双風神, Aya's timeout/survival spell).

Oh

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2014, 02:45:31 AM »

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2014, 03:30:01 AM »
Would recommend grinding the FUCK out of PWG.

Two out of Two Steves agree, grinding PWG is good for your health.

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2014, 06:08:17 PM »
Man this patch... The books start lasting for too long after dodging 7 or 8 books in a row! Pls fix.

« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2014, 12:51:26 PM »
Updated with DDC Nonspell Practice

Jirachi

• Wish Maker
  • yawn...
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2014, 12:22:10 PM »
Man this patch... The books start lasting for too long after dodging 7 or 8 books in a row! Pls fix.

It becomes more awesome when you fix your rank at max using CE. :V

Oh and a patch for Rings of Death grinding would be greatly appreciated. :3

(and if not impossible, an infinite -or really long lasting- timeout phase-only QED :V)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 12:27:32 PM by Jirachi »

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2014, 02:35:31 PM »
It becomes more awesome when you fix your rank at max using CE. :V

(and if not impossible, an infinite -or really long lasting- timeout phase-only QED :V)

Mm yes, but after the first wave only 5 books spawn instead of the usual 6, so really the patch is only at 83% power ;P

You could practice either of those boss attacks infinitely by freezing the timer. The book patch was nice because there was no real way to do that.

Jirachi

• Wish Maker
  • yawn...
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2014, 03:17:18 PM »
Err, how to I freeze the timer?

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2014, 04:47:04 PM »
Not the same thing, but I remember yorgje wanting to make an IN nonspell rush a long while ago. ...and well, he got banned not long after, so I've never heard about it again. To all of you who are still in contact with him, do you know what became of the patch?
Lunatic 1ccs: MoF (ReimuB)

Jirachi

• Wish Maker
  • yawn...
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2014, 04:52:48 PM »
Not the same thing, but I remember yorgje wanting to make an IN nonspell rush a long while ago. ...and well, he got banned not long after, so I've never heard about it again. To all of you who are still in contact with him, do you know what became of the patch?

This? It's the patch the translators use (had a specific name, forgot it) that he restored the normal nonspell timers I think (and it's just stage 4-6 and extra).

There's also this LFS practice patch vcz (who deleted his account here) made around the same time.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 04:54:26 PM by Jirachi »

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2014, 04:53:55 PM »
Nevermind, Jirachi got it already.

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2014, 10:22:15 PM »
This? It's the patch the translators use (had a specific name, forgot it) that he restored the normal nonspell timers I think (and it's just stage 4-6 and extra).

There's also this LFS practice patch vcz (who deleted his account here) made around the same time.
Very nice, thanks a lot.
Lunatic 1ccs: MoF (ReimuB)

Mr Jovial

• Commander of the Whale Legion
  • ~Having a whale of a time~
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2014, 03:27:13 PM »

:fail: Of course, that patch had to skip the one thing I wanted to practice: Tewi's 1st...

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2014, 03:57:24 PM »
Tewi's first nonspell is thirty seconds into the stage practice, it's not very difficult to get to.

Mr Jovial

« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2014, 04:44:44 PM »
It's actually 80 seconds but I get what you mean. I just find it tedious to practice extensively and I'm pretty sure it's the attack I fail most in an IN 1cc, mostly because I'm too lazy to practice it :V. I guess I'm just too used to using spell practice.

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2014, 08:49:22 AM »
How do you install these? Just put it in the game directory?
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

Mr Jovial

« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2014, 12:24:33 PM »
In the folder containing the game you should have something called thXX.dat where XX is the number of the game (eg th10.dat for MoF). You need to replace the regular .dat file with the one you want on this thread then rename the new one to thXX.dat. Don't overwrite the regular .dat file though, just move it somewhere else and then move and rename the new .dat file.

« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2014, 09:29:17 PM »
Apparently I messed up the PCB link and linked to MoF twice :blush:.  It's fixed now though, thanks to dxk for letting me know :>.  Also added my spriteswap for ISC to play as Mima.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 09:35:04 PM by Great Birdhou Daishougakusen »

Mino ☆

• PCB player.
  • Touhou Hobbyist
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2014, 05:28:24 AM »
Anyone have Ethan Silver's TD boss rush?

His website is down so I can't access it.