Author Topic: Crawl Relay Revival, 0.14 Edition  (Read 71559 times)

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
Re: Crawl Relay Revival, 0.14 Edition
« Reply #360 on: November 06, 2014, 06:27:13 AM »
Pirate is next, going to be at a con this weekend. When I get back, punch me to update the damn OP. Thanks NNR

« Reply #361 on: November 10, 2014, 06:28:53 AM »
Gonna need to pass it off to the next guy, I've got exams and stuff.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #362 on: November 10, 2014, 05:41:37 PM »
Raitaki then, is up.

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #363 on: November 12, 2014, 06:18:39 AM »
Ho boy. I get to do Tartarus all over again? Lovely.
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki, if both of us ended up as mafia
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- I would be so angry
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- that I will snap and give into my rage

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #364 on: November 12, 2014, 07:03:58 PM »
Good luck >.>b

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #365 on: November 15, 2014, 05:41:17 PM »
Ooookay, iiit?s time for me to clear Tartarus again like a boss! Andalsowhyisourmaxhp176/202
Since we only have one pot of restore abilities on us, I opt to wear the ring of sustain abilities in place of regen. And it?d have been nice if NNR grabbed some more food when he stopped by stash ; v; And urgh, what happened to the scrolls? The staves? Especially the staff of death or something that I liberally used to Dispel Undead everything and anything? FFFFFFFFFFFF

It appears the roulette and silentspecterrng are far more lenient this time...Hello again, Ereshkigal!

DAMNED CHEATER
Urgh, this is a lot harder than last time for some reason. She smited quite a lot, and melee can?t take his health down fast enough >_> What I?d give for some scrolls of recharging right now ; v; Did I get hella lucky with melee attack rolls last time or something?

Oooh, so that?s how it is. The fucker has been healing herself for like, 30% of her health every time >___________>

So...I teleported myself out and...what the fuck?

WELP. I fucking jinxed it, didn?t I. Remind me to never comment on how nice the RNG is within its earshot again.

That death pissed me off. Signing up again. Dead on turn 135279 according to morgue.
Also, I think we need to grab our supplies. All our scrolls were gone except for the tp scrolls for some reason, and so were the evocables and the staves. At the very least I think we should grab a scroll of remove curse or two (hellroulette), a fan of gales (the instant distance is so good) and the staves of death and cold (death is for dispelling undead throughout Tar, cold is for fridge later). The current relatively empty inventory might be good for carrying chunks, but at least for Tar that isn't necessary since we can OoD and dispel most things, and while fighting with the Hell lords it isn't very hard to have existing simulacra block a corridor while you head out the back and call pizza delivery.
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #366 on: November 15, 2014, 05:49:30 PM »
Ok, Totaku, you're up. I am officially 5 updates behind on the OP ;_;.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #367 on: November 16, 2014, 03:41:55 AM »
And it?d have been nice if NNR grabbed some more food when he stopped by stash ; v;
Who needs food when we have PIZZA DELIVERY
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #368 on: November 16, 2014, 04:25:55 AM »
A lot of things in the hells don't give piety though ; v; And why eat dragons)ry when you can MAKE SIMULACRA

Also honestly now that the RNG magically took away our ability to easily stab Eresh to death I've no idea how we're supposed to kill her when she pretty much spams silence as much as she could. Maybe scroll of a immolation a bunch of undead and kaboom? All the scrolls are gone for some reason though ;_;

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #369 on: November 16, 2014, 03:11:39 PM »
I dunno what happened to our consumables, but I dropped everything useful in the Hell area, so look around.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Totaku

• The Traveling Otaku of Gensokyo
  • I want to be a little NEET moon princess
« Reply #370 on: November 25, 2014, 03:15:31 PM »
Dammit, I've had my messaged deleted not one, but twice. I'm fed up with it so I'm only going to give the short story.

1. Wakasagihime is alive.

2. Tartarus is done

3. Coytus is done.

4. Dis is almost complete.

5. I used up what recharging scrolls I needed to survive.

6. Orin's not in a happy mood with corpse deliveries, use her aid wisely.

Sorry guys, but I had my message deleted twice (once from your brother, and a second time from the power company turning off you power to do a transformer maintenance, you get kinda fed up.... so yeah sorry... no story... I feel I left you hanging for too long....

So here's the save. Beat the Dispatar and go for the Abyss, we're more than ready for that location.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 06:13:48 PM by Totaku »
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otaku Kind.
Tsunami Channel Home of  Japanese webcomics Artist Akira Hasegawa.
My Deviant Art site gallery
Now I Twitter

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #371 on: November 26, 2014, 05:33:17 AM »
Next is Serela, do us proud.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #372 on: December 03, 2014, 02:43:06 AM »
I kept thinking "Okay, I'll have more time once the weekend is over and I don't have to go to my job and I've made progress on my collegework" but nope I actually still have a lot of work left, with it being the last week of classes right now. Whilst it's true I'm already procrastinating way too much, I totally can't justify crawling for 2~3 hours when I have so much work I'm supposed to be doing. The next person can go ahead and take their turn if they want, otherwise maybe I'll be able to get it done next monday/tuesday???
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #373 on: December 03, 2014, 06:44:20 PM »
This post would have been super cool sooner. Anyway, NNR, time to grab another rune,

« Reply #374 on: December 17, 2014, 05:58:57 PM »
I was halfway. HALFWAY. Knocked out dis like a chump, was on the way to lom.

And somehow when i come back the save breaks.

I'll go cry a bit. If noone wants to wait for me to report I'll just swap with someone else.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #375 on: December 17, 2014, 06:05:23 PM »
But I thought it was...

okay I have no idea who's turn it is anymore

I would have gone ahead and done it myself by now since NNR never seemed to do it either, but my life has steadily been spiraling harder, so. :T

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #376 on: December 18, 2014, 06:34:24 AM »
Oh, NNR was supposed to post he was busy or something, it did shift to Pirate, yeah. Sorry, I'm bad at OP maintenance, might eventually clean it up when I have a free moment and I'm not half asleep.

« Reply #377 on: December 19, 2014, 07:39:51 PM »
"It's Dis!" The mermaid exclaimed.

"It's Dis," her spirit companion agreed amicably.

And so Wakasagihime's adventure in the depths of the dungeon continues. What adventures and terrors lay in store? There is no need for pause, the question is answered within moments.

"That's a really big lizard," Wakasagihime said.

"It's a serpent."

"A really big lizard serpent," she amends.

The demonic serpent let out a roar that blew miniature shards of metal at her, encrusting her slightly curled hair with bits of steel.

"That's not very nice," she frowned, picking off the metal bits whilst chanting in an ominous language with equal nonchalance. Towering giants of ice surrounded her, and charged at her enemy without a single finger lifted by her.

In mere moments. the chanting and roaring was replaced by low, helpless whines as the serpent of hell was beaten to dust by simulacra.

Unfortunately some things are simulacra proof, but Wakasagi trudges on.

Eventually Wakasagihime encounters a large and overbearing door. Everything about it seemed foreboding, as if calling for her to retreat. But the mermaid knew nothing about retreating. Not because she was particularly courageous, but because she was utterly oblivious to danger.

And so the door is pushed open...with expected results.

"A welcoming party!" She exclaimed.

"A murdering party," the spirit said unenthusiastically.

And as per usual, simulacra rose at her command, forming a giant barricade at the entrance.

No sooner had she done so however, did the lord of Dis emerge from the thick fog she had conjured.

"Thou who art dare to trespass, prepare to be crushed!" He roared, stabbing his scepter into the iron floors. An unpleasant quake emanated from the impact; proof that this lord of hell was no pushover...

...Except Dispater is not simulacra proof.

"This is a really nice staff," Wakasagihime comments, as the body of Dispater is buried in simulacra, leaving only his arm visible and a low, guttural screaming.

And of course, the expected.

Treasure, but little Wakasagihime saw fit to take.

"That was a good one," she yawned, "I'm glad bringing just one apple as my only source of permanent food didn't cause me to run out, forcing myself to rush back to the vestibule whilst dying from starvation, and being chased by a tormentor an-"

She stopped and blinked in confusion, as the spirit gave the most disturbed and angry look it could muster with its wisp-like features.

This never happened.

Sometime later, Wakasagihime steps into the portal of Pandemonium, the last few places left to explore.

"We need to find the runes, you see," she explained to the spirit, "there are like...five? One demonic one, and four from the mighty lords of Pandemonium!"

It nodded slowly, "And, we have to train and clear the levels as we search, yes?"

"What are you saying? We're going straight for the Pandemonium lords!"

And there came one of the many loud groans that reverberated through the dungeon.

And so Wakasagihime dived through the halls of pandemonium, till she met with the aura of Lom Lobon, echoing the same emotion of disappointment and exasperation that came from her companion. Like a sweeping force of death and destruction she swept through the entire land, reducing most if not all the residing demons into a quivering pulp.

And then...

The cruel pandemonium lord Lom Lobon surveys the newcomer with his single eye. His words reverberated throughout his lair as he addressed her. An oppressive, overwhelming voice.

"Want some tea?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5PvBzDlZGs Appropriate music

The battle was a raging tide that swept between the two. Wakasagihime, with her seemingly endless torrent of glacial monsters, and the barrage of lightning and ice from Lom Lobon.

However, it was becoming clear; Wakasagihime will lose this fight. Her foe was too strong; bearing incredible magic that could reduce her minions to vapour within mere moments of chanting, whilst she herself was too weak to participate in the fight.

"Your time has come," Lom Lobon boomed, "Submit an-"

The mermaid was no longer seen, as the dome of crystal was filled with a choking curtain of multicoloured fog and smoke. When the pandemonium lord finally caught a glimpse of her green kimono, she was already standing by the very door he was guarding.

"Halt!" Lom Lobon roared, conjuring a fierce storm of raging winds to envelop his enemy, but it was too late. As if mocking him, the door was slammed shut in front of him. And as every dungeon dweller knows, not even the fearsome strength of a tornado could break the sturdy hinges of a door.

By the time Lom Lobon broke into the room housing his rune, Wakasagihime had already disappeared, leaving faint traces of translocational smoke in her wake. His forlorn groans could be heard even outside his lair.

There was little to do after. With some cajoling from her spirit that running around with 40 hp rotted and another 40 hp gone from frail 2 and thus ending with a grand total of 120hp was a bad idea, she chugged down some cure mutations and became just about mutation free. Thanks to having mistakenly misplaced her supplies, she also had to run around grabbing random scrolls and items, and a teleport ring that would serve her well in times of distress.

The last she saw her spirit companion had been quite a while, as he continued to dive through different regions of pandemonium; but it would be bakc, and hopefully she would have nothing but more success to show for it.

Miscellaneous notes:

Curse all of you scurvy laden dogs who walked around with zero supplies. Especially you Totaku. Going into hell with ONE. ONE apple. No don't tell me your gamble paid off, or that Kiku can feed Wakasagihime. That's just poor management of resources and you're going to start wondering why you're at 4 star piety and start ironically advising people to stop using Kiku's deliveries.

I managed to restock the heal wand, but the teleport wand is completely empty and recharge scrolls don't grow on trees.

I brought the ice staff along for those needed times of ozo cleansing, and a teleport ring for non emergency teleports (we only have three scrolls available). Also a bunch of useful evocables.

I picked up translocations for phase shift and controlled blink because both are incredibly useful and  I don't know why you people never took it. Ice bros and corpse rot was dropped; they served well but no longer. If anyone desires to take up summons again you'll have to find some other spell to drop. Still waiting on Glaciate.

Scumming whilst looking for demonic rune is encouraged.

We're training stealth, translocations and throwing. I haven't shown it now, but I've brought some nifty nets for throwing on any of the lords but Cerebov. Good for delaying them whilst they get hammered on for simulacra. Stealth is good for running away, and better fog abuse. Once Cblink is usable, throwing is at 10 and the stealth manual i picked up is used up we can get to training something like polearms or other melee oriented skills; most of our magics are good enough at this point.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 06:56:40 PM by NotaPirate »

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #378 on: December 20, 2014, 07:34:30 PM »
All right, Totaku next, and thank you very, very much for that update, Pirate, I know it was one hell of a hassle with the corruption of the file.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #379 on: January 13, 2015, 07:03:45 PM »
WELL APPARENTLY TOTAKU CAN'T READ

At this point, I need an activity check and am effectively wiping the sign up list now. Tell me if you're still interested, when you can actually make a damn post, and in 72 hours I will see if the run is worth continuing.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #380 on: January 13, 2015, 11:26:30 PM »
RIP

I'm available again. If you decide the run should be discontinued we could just cut things short and make a plan for grabbing the orb and running, although we also only have to grab a couple more Pandaemonium Runes to totally finish out I think? It's been awhile.

« Reply #381 on: January 15, 2015, 06:22:47 PM »
Same. I'm all up for passing files between two people if need be, but I'd like to see a 15 rune run through.

Totaku

« Reply #382 on: January 15, 2015, 07:28:01 PM »
I will sign up, but keep in mind my life has been hectic lately so I'm going to make this my last chance to prove myself I can keep myself going. So if I fail this time, I'll voluntary drop out due to having too much going on ATM.
Now I Twitter

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #383 on: January 18, 2015, 07:11:17 AM »
OK! So, Serela, Pirate, Totaku. I guess we can get through with 3. Serela, take the next turn, you have 72 hours.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #384 on: January 21, 2015, 03:39:32 AM »
man I sure am lazy good thing deadlines exist to rope me into line and force me to have fun

Hi Wakisagi it's been awhile! Okay let's wander around until something happens. 157.3k turns.

I haven't even left the starting room and I'm bad at this, excuse me while I remember how to properly play without dying.

Right.

There isn't a lord on this floor so I should just take each portal to a new section I see until one appears, right? I think that's right. Okay let's go.

Riiiiight the simulacrum don't follow me. I should have rested my health back first too. This was a bad idea. Maybe I can just move into some deep water and...

This was also a bad idea.

Much better. Now I only have to deal with one. At a time, at least.

Erm. This maybe isn't a shitty situation. Maybe.

the fuck?! D:

It didn't work out. I think the abyss is easy at this point so I could do that? (I'd proceed to just waste most of my turn getting out and back, though.) I could try teleporting and hope I don't run into more enemies? I guess I should try teleporting first. ....it sends me into the same room. Whyyyyyyyy okay let's do that again.

IS THIS SOME KIND OF BAD JOKE

Next one warps me into a nice corner with some big ice monster and a blizzard demon which I can actually melee to death and then rest up. Whew. I thought that was just going to be a chain of hopeless shenanigans leading to an early death. But then I get assaulted whilst resting and very nearly die again. And then again before I can barely recover at all, forcing me to use the heal wand. I believe I am doing this wrong. Actually, it just never really stops happening. Eventually I manage to rest up, summon simulacrum, and stomp through to another portal. And then do it again. Except a brimstone demon evaporates my simulacra and I get stomped by a mob whilst slipping out through another portal, and then the monsters on the end of -that- one usher me into a teleport trap, and then I kill myself with Ozucubo's Refridgeration oops.

`-`

According to the morgue I died on turn 152660!

edit:In hindsight this was really just the result of me playing super lazily, and was pretty dumb; I mostly just worked off "Make simulacrum, OoD some stuff, and spearpoke when applicable". I could have gotten away with this earlier in the game, but doing a last minute run when I'm already at mental-state of "it's bedtime" was a pretty bad idea overall and I tried to cruise when I really should have been... actually using the cool loot we had and keeping up helpful things to protect me.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 04:03:47 AM by Selery »

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #385 on: January 22, 2015, 08:59:43 PM »
All right, good try Serela,

1. Pirate
2. Totaku
3. Serela

Pirate, you got 72 hours.

« Reply #386 on: January 26, 2015, 05:00:10 PM »
Triple The Fun

"You know, I had this really bad dream about playing around recklessly and getting myself killed."

The spirit floated beside her, looking particularly puzzled despite lacking any facial features to speak of.

"Is that not every time?"

There was an awkward silence.

"Well! That's just rude!" Wakasagihime pouted.

The land of pandemonium was a harsh one, but Wakasagihime handled everything just fine. Something along the lines of being too lazy to summon corpses and using simulacra every time, only to meet some very nasty situations. But of course Wakasagihime being Waksagihime she lived through it all.

And so came the inevitable.

"I'm not feeling too well, to be honest," Wakasagihime complained, "you know those uhh, nex...nexo...Amanojaku..."

"Neqoxec!" Her companion interrupted, "what in the world is an Amanojaku even-"

"Neqoxecs!" Wakasagihime nodded profusely, lighting up at the name, "one of them did something to me! Uh...what was it...

But before she could speak, her surroundings seem to warp, and the mermaid found herself in a most dangerous situation.

"Oh, that's right," She slapped a fist against her palm, "something about randomly teleporting-"

"Do something about those things already!"

She obliged, blasting the monsters with a cocktail of frigid temperatures and good ol' fisticuffs, but there was worse in the distance.

Mnoleg wasn't one to be chatty. Infact being a mass of tentacles and other indescribable body parts probably made it impossible for him to speak. But that was fine; no banter was needed before she blasted her adversary to itty bits.

That is, until she found herself running out of magic.

"Oh, no worries I just need to- hrrk!"

"Oh, that didn't feel too good." Wakasagihime stumbled a little, as her blood was transfused into magic, "I think I feel a little anemic."

"A little is an overstatement!"

But simulacra being simulacra, Mnoleg was subsequently pounded into dust, his summoned eyeballs freezing into cubes the moment they arrived. And after several moments of lollygagging, almost getting killed, running around and getting random teleported, Wakasagihime happens upon the next rune.

"...Wait a second!" Wakasagihime said in a horrific voice, "...I think I'm dying!"

"Not the first time and never will be the last," her companion sighed, 'get moving!"

"W-Wait! I've got a great idea!"

"No-"

And at once, she stepped into the portal, into the unknown void that was the abyss.

Thankfully the abyss was a little less murderous. The door to the dungeon was in front of her, but Wakasagihime had other plans. She roamed, through the first level, to the second, and to the third, fiending off the abyssal enemies that were perhaps a welcome change to the dreary monotony of the pandemonium halls.

And then suddenly...

"Freeze!" Wakasagihime shouted as the door burst open, literally freezing the unfortunate hell knight apart. as she did so. It was a brilliant pun that she had been meaning to use but never found the correct moment.

And then the rune, laying before the scattered remains of its unfortunate guards.

"Back...and off we go again!" The mermaid cheered, as the background slowly fades into an eerie darkness.

Off wakasagihime went, clearing the level and subsequently meeting the pandemonium lord Gloorx...

"...I forgot my simulacra!" Wakasagihime exclaimed., just as the pandemonium lord rushed at her without reservation.

"You only noticed now?!"

Off the mermaid went, escaping the clutches of Gloorx, only to find herself half dead as usual, but nonetheless alive. And when she returned to challenge Gloorx proper, there was little resistance to be had.

As Gloorx Vlog fell, Wakasagihime slumped to the ground, exhausted from the entire fiasco that had happened.

"You know, I feel like I'm almost..just hurrying towards the goal. I don't know why."

She played with the dark rune, angling it so that it reflected the dim lighting that seemed to come from nowhere.

"I wonder...what will happen once I reach the end..."

Notes; Nothing to note. Turn off translocations, keep training stealth until the manual is used; it will be useful in keeping alive. I swapped the hat of high council for a helmet of intelligence to be able to cast controlled blink earlier, but you can swap back whenever you feel like it. After stealth, probably weapons or defenses next.

Only Cerebov and the demonic rune is left; do your best, whoever's next.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 07:03:30 PM by NotaPirate »

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #387 on: January 26, 2015, 08:21:44 PM »
That would be Totaku! Good going, we might see this end eventually!

1. Totaku
2. Serela
3. Pirate

Totaku

« Reply #388 on: January 30, 2015, 06:17:17 AM »
I'm sorry about this, but an unforseen situation has fallen upon me IRL. Long story short, my job is preparing to give me extra hours to work and thus I'll be running a 9-10 hours shift each day pretty much.... So due to that, I'm going to be limited on what I can do while I adjust to my new schedule.... Therefore I have to drop out all together... I'm sorry, but I was worried something like this would come up...
Now I Twitter

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #389 on: January 30, 2015, 06:18:51 AM »
Kay, Serela's turn.

1. Serela
2. Pirate