Author Topic: Miscellaneous Questions 5: Ask Question, Receive Answer  (Read 221871 times)

Re: Miscellaneous Questions 5: Ask Question, Receive Answer
« Reply #900 on: July 05, 2015, 05:44:14 AM »
Touhou already has a record as "most prolific shooting game series" or something like that.

« Reply #901 on: July 05, 2015, 05:46:20 AM »
There is a total number of 52,000 normal attendees at the latest Reitaisai, which is the highest ever in its history according to official announcements on Niconico Live. (Source)
This is a pretty interesting fact as there's a decline in the number of participating circle spaces comparing to the past: 4,015 this year in comparison to the peak of 5,013 in Reitaisai 10 two years ago.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 05:50:14 AM by Nerios »

Abraham Lincoln

• Mendelssohn for President 2016
  • Make Bach Great Again!
« Reply #902 on: July 05, 2015, 06:41:07 AM »
Where does ZUN usually find the pictures and textures for his jewel cases and menu screens?

Drake

« Reply #903 on: July 05, 2015, 08:38:08 AM »
Various texture/pattern collections, the vast majority being commercial collections. He has a ton of these that he picks from.
One example: 日本の伝統文様 CD-ROM素材250

Essentially the point is that he buys a bunch of these kinds of collections as to not pay vast amounts of royalties instead.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

game2011

• magneiptVE
    • Unsurpassed ??asual Dating - Real Women
« Reply #904 on: July 06, 2015, 05:25:53 AM »
Are there any popular Youtube (PewDiePie, Vinesauce, JonTron, etc.) gaming channels that has Touhou stuff, even if it's only one video?

Thanks in advance!

Spotty Len

• The Spottiest Len Around
  • Yuuka Master Race
« Reply #905 on: July 06, 2015, 05:46:04 AM »
Are there any popular Youtube (PewDiePie, Vinesauce, JonTron, etc.) gaming channels that has Touhou stuff, even if it's only one video?
I guess... raocow? He did play Super Marisa Land. I don't remember seeing these kinds of popular channels have Touhou stuff.

Drake

« Reply #906 on: July 06, 2015, 06:10:36 AM »
Slowbeef got into shmups several months back and renounced several years of misplaced revulsion to Touhou (as games), if that counts for anything. He eventually 1cc'd SA Normal.

Touhou was passively referenced in Idea Channel's episode about bullet hells.

Raocow's popularity has a pretty local scope and it already includes Touhou fans so I wouldn't count him.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #907 on: July 06, 2015, 08:28:15 PM »
In one of Jerma's TF2 videos, one of the "Baby Shpees" featured in the video had the username "Yuyuko Saigyouji". Does that count? :V

game2011

• magneiptVE
« Reply #908 on: July 07, 2015, 04:23:44 PM »
In one of Jerma's TF2 videos, one of the "Baby Shpees" featured in the video had the username "Yuyuko Saigyouji". Does that count? :V
Looking for videos that show stuff from it, so no.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 03:09:06 PM by game2011 »

« Reply #909 on: July 09, 2015, 05:03:03 AM »
It was a joke :V

game2011

• magneiptVE
« Reply #910 on: July 09, 2015, 03:30:19 PM »
Has there been any toys (action figures, Nendoroids, etc.) of Touhou 14 characters yet?  I can't find any...

Thanks in advance!

« Reply #911 on: July 10, 2015, 08:20:34 PM »
I know that this is quite morbid, but if Sakuya's knives couldn't cut Tenshi's skin, I wonder what might happen if she (Tenshi) was gassed, electrocuted, hanged, drowned or hit with a blunt object?

PK

• Border of Whatever
« Reply #912 on: July 10, 2015, 08:57:04 PM »
I know that this is quite morbid, but if Sakuya's knives couldn't cut Tenshi's skin
Speaking of which, I always had the impression that it was just Sakuya's excuse for losing to Tenshi (since Sakuya defeated Tenshi before, and she certainly used her knives to do so). As in "i lost because of stupid knives that don't cut, not because she's better", or something like this.

Suspicious person

• Just a humble wanderer
  • How suspicious~
« Reply #913 on: July 12, 2015, 02:36:42 PM »
I know that this is quite morbid, but if Sakuya's knives couldn't cut Tenshi's skin, I wonder what might happen if she (Tenshi) was gassed, electrocuted, hanged, drowned or hit with a blunt object?
Celestial people's bodies are very sturdy compared to regular humans, so we can't be sure that whatever can seriously harm regular people work as efficiently on celestial people. Celestial people are also supposedly more or less poisonous to youkai while humans are delicious for them, so we can't say for sure that their bodies are the same inside(?) too. Anyway,the harmful stuff are usually about how damaging they are ;pain is irrelevant since she can withstand it, so :

Gassing and electrocuting : going by gameplay mechanics, Tenshi takes damages from Reisen's gas spellcard and Iku's lightning attacks like everyone else in the game, so these must work on her in one way or another since these deal some damage. Not sure if the gas itself'll harm her organism, body, nervous system or whatever, though ; and nothing is said about how electricity affect celestial folks's bodies. It should be less effective than when it's used on normal humans, though

Hanging and drowning : with a sturdy body like that, maybe nothing would break if she is hanged, so it'll be about how suffocating would affect her. She have a nose so maybe she breathes? so not being able to breath could be an issue. If breathing is not needed, then no problem

Hitting with a blunt object : pretty sure the blunt object would get hurt. The knives don't pierce her so these might as well be blunt objects, but these still deal some damage

Gameplay mechanism is a very cheap reference, but there's not a lot of information about how celestial people's bodies work, so...  :X

Sagus

• Spin, Hina, spin
  • Spin like there's no tomorrow
« Reply #914 on: July 12, 2015, 02:51:53 PM »
I assume the same laws governing damage to youkai apply to celestials, hermits and etc; the only thing that can really harm them are strong spiritual attacks. Just random physical damage would be entirely ineffective and would heal very quickly.
Peketo's Drawing Stuffs
Despite the name, it's mostly 3D models.

My fanfics.

game2011

• magneiptVE
« Reply #915 on: July 12, 2015, 04:03:14 PM »
Has there been any toys (action figures, Nendoroids, etc.) of Touhou 14 characters yet?  I can't find any...

Thanks in advance!

« Reply #916 on: July 12, 2015, 05:41:43 PM »
Thinking of every single game there is (other than Fairy wars I suppose), can you guys think of any case other than Youmu in PCB where a character has an "attack cut-in" when they use spellcards? 

I guess there's also the Prismrivers and Stage 5 Nazrin, but other than that I suppose there's none, yes?  I've seen some of it in a few fangames and it looks so cool during boss battles!

« Reply #917 on: July 13, 2015, 03:40:12 AM »
I assume the same laws governing damage to youkai apply to celestials, hermits and etc; the only thing that can really harm them are strong spiritual attacks. Just random physical damage would be entirely ineffective and would heal very quickly.

Unlike Youkai, Hermits and Celestials are closer to humans on how they take damage. They generally don't actually have the same resistances that youkai have. So, physical attacks can usually inflict damage on them.

Speaking of which, I always had the impression that it was just Sakuya's excuse for losing to Tenshi (since Sakuya defeated Tenshi before, and she certainly used her knives to do so). As in "i lost because of stupid knives that don't cut, not because she's better", or something like this.

The first time any of the characters face Tenshi, she was playing the bad guy. So, even if the attacks have no real effect, she was probably pretending to get beaten. Sakuya probably realized this when Tenshi was a bit more serious the second time around.

« Reply #918 on: July 13, 2015, 05:15:29 AM »

Actually, I'm more interested in which girls can no-sell Sakuya's knives as easily as Tenshi.

From this fact we know that Sakuya lacks in strength, so even with her time stop, she don't have much options against opponent with though skin/defenses. So who do you think can do the same thing?
Though since we can't measure the toughness of Tenshi's skin, it may be hard to pick out the candidates other than Oni Devas (I assume so and it seems likely, I don't think it is ever mentioned)  and Byakuren with enhancements (said to be tougher than steel in SoPM and so far I don't see any reason to doubt it).

Sagus

• Spin, Hina, spin
« Reply #919 on: July 14, 2015, 12:48:03 AM »
Unlike Youkai, Hermits and Celestials are closer to humans on how they take damage. They generally don't actually have the same resistances that youkai have. So, physical attacks can usually inflict damage on them.
And this information comes from...?

Akyuu doesn't comment on celestials' physical resilence on PMiSS, but says that "it is said" that hermits have bodies that "are tougher than steel". It stands to reason that celestials, being basically just a "higher" hermit, would be similar or stronger. But other than that and Tenshi's resistance to Sakuya's knives, we don't have any info on how easily they take damage.

I based my statement merely on the fact that they, like youkai, are spiritual creatures. It could go either way, I guess, but there isn't really anything indicating which would be more likely.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 12:52:19 AM by Sagus »
Peketo's Drawing Stuffs

My fanfics.

« Reply #920 on: July 14, 2015, 07:26:57 AM »
And this information comes from...?

Akyuu doesn't comment on celestials' physical resilence on PMiSS, but says that "it is said" that hermits have bodies that "are tougher than steel". It stands to reason that celestials, being basically just a "higher" hermit, would be similar or stronger. But other than that and Tenshi's resistance to Sakuya's knives, we don't have any info on how easily they take damage.

I based my statement merely on the fact that they, like youkai, are spiritual creatures. It could go either way, I guess, but there isn't really anything indicating which would be more likely.

This is more generic youkai knowledge over any touhou reference. Youkai are practically immune to physical attacks because of what they are. They are made from beliefs, so physical attacks have little to no effect on them.

Hermits aren't in this category. Hermits are humans or youkai (to a lesser extent) who have done extensive meditation on their path to enlightenment. They are generally very strong because of their practice, but they aren't made of something different like youkai. So, most hermits are more like very well trained humans, super tough, super strong, but still human. Same strength and weaknesses of a human, except less so than a human, since they are simply tougher.

Celestial's bodies are even tougher than hermits because they ate heavenly peaches, as mentioned by Tenshi. That said, nothing states they are any different from humans, just that they are much much tougher.

I am unsure if a celestial is affected by spiritual attacks any more so than a regular human is. That said, a hermit is definitely not affected by spiritual attacks more than a human, since most of them are humans.

« Reply #921 on: July 14, 2015, 12:23:19 PM »
Has this chinese fan touhou (pc-98) book already come out?

- https://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/1923999

Sagus

• Spin, Hina, spin
« Reply #922 on: July 14, 2015, 04:17:36 PM »
This is more generic youkai knowledge over any touhou reference. Youkai are practically immune to physical attacks because of what they are. They are made from beliefs, so physical attacks have little to no effect on them.

Hermits aren't in this category. Hermits are humans or youkai (to a lesser extent) who have done extensive meditation on their path to enlightenment. They are generally very strong because of their practice, but they aren't made of something different like youkai. So, most hermits are more like very well trained humans, super tough, super strong, but still human. Same strength and weaknesses of a human, except less so than a human, since they are simply tougher.

Celestial's bodies are even tougher than hermits because they ate heavenly peaches, as mentioned by Tenshi. That said, nothing states they are any different from humans, just that they are much much tougher.

I am unsure if a celestial is affected by spiritual attacks any more so than a regular human is. That said, a hermit is definitely not affected by spiritual attacks more than a human, since most of them are humans.
Hm. You do have a point. And in the absence of other evidence, I think your explanation seems more logical.

Though it should be noted that there is an element of the supernatural for hermits as well. "Training" alone can't really explain humans surviving by eating only morning mist, giving a youkai a power-up if they are eaten by them, or living for hundreds or thousands of years. This doesn't really make them youkai-like beings, as you said, but I imagine that belief could affect their abilities to some extent.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 04:22:00 PM by Sagus »
Peketo's Drawing Stuffs

My fanfics.

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #923 on: July 14, 2015, 10:32:09 PM »
This is a question probably nobody knows how to answer, but I will still give it a shot. Does anyone know what software was used to make Labyrinth of Touhou 1's music?

Sweetness and love~ ♥

« Reply #924 on: July 14, 2015, 11:11:18 PM »
The music for that game was made by like 4 different, probably completely unrelated people. You should also be more specific. Which tracks stood out the most for you? Do you want to know which synthesizers were used or which DAW was used to compose and mix the music?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 11:19:44 PM by Not Bigode »

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #925 on: July 15, 2015, 03:57:13 PM »
Which tracks stood out the most for you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fZpKvamPgU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9Z9qEqzrp4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8swFt8av28

Do you want to know which synthesizers were used or which DAW was used to compose and mix the music?

Knowing both would be pretty helpful. But I'm more interested on the DAW.

Sweetness and love~ ♥

game2011

• magneiptVE
« Reply #926 on: July 16, 2015, 03:54:07 AM »
redacted

<Tengukami> Please stop the self-bumping. If no one answered the first two times, no one knows or wants to answer.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 05:52:02 PM by Tengukami »

Abraham Lincoln

• Mendelssohn for President 2016
  • Make Bach Great Again!
« Reply #927 on: July 17, 2015, 01:35:47 AM »
As of late, there has been a rumor going around that ZUN composed quite a few Kantai Collection soundtracks, such as this and numerous other Spring 2014 BGMs. Could anyone possibly confirm if ZUN indeed was involved in these soundtracks?

« Reply #928 on: July 18, 2015, 05:29:33 PM »
I saw a Chinese made MOBA game with multiple Touhou characters (and at least 15 other stolen IPs) and would like to know if anyone here knows how or can get in touch with TSA
I would like to bring that game to ZUN's attention, and hopefully he will take legal measures to protect his IP
I do not speak or read Japanese, and will likely require help with that as well

« Reply #929 on: July 18, 2015, 06:47:44 PM »
I saw a Chinese made MOBA game with multiple Touhou characters (and at least 15 other stolen IPs) and would like to know if anyone here knows how or can get in touch with TSA
I would like to bring that game to ZUN's attention, and hopefully he will take legal measures to protect his IP
I do not speak or read Japanese, and will likely require help with that as well
Oh yeah, 300 Heroes. What a hilarious game, it rips off absolutely everything. That game is still around?
Playing Touhou since 18 March 2012. Playing video games since 19XX.
Normal 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS, CtC.
Extra 1CC: EoSD, PCB+Phantasm, IN, PoFV (K&S), MoF, SA, TD, HSiFS, CtC+Phantasm.
Hard 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, CtC.
Lunatic 1CC: EoSD