Author Topic: Puzzle & Dragons VIII - DO NOT PURSUE LU BU Edition  (Read 114447 times)

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
Re: Puzzle & Dragons VIII - DO NOT PURSUE LU BU Edition
« Reply #870 on: April 16, 2014, 07:13:35 AM »

Sounds good, but who will be leader? Hera-Ur or DQ Hera?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 07:15:34 AM by O4rfish »
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #871 on: April 16, 2014, 07:17:28 AM »
light hera will be leader of course... her leader ability will be hera type atk*5.

That pic looks awoken though, I wonder what normal light hera will look like... or is that normal.. it's already got a bit too much flashy explody looking stuff. Hera herself looks great though.

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #872 on: April 16, 2014, 10:03:46 AM »
Finally got that god-forsaken mystic mask after having to deal with what was probably the closest run of Room of the mask I've ever had.

Which is great don't get me wrong, but I still need the Carmine Mask.

Well, at least I'm one step closer to my Grand Tyrannos.

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #873 on: April 16, 2014, 11:32:46 AM »
Finally got that god-forsaken mystic mask after having to deal with what was probably the closest run of Room of the mask I've ever had.

Which is great don't get me wrong, but I still need the Carmine Mask.

Well, at least I'm one step closer to my Grand Tyrannos.
Trust me, the worst is behind you if you have the Mystic.  Go go go!

Also got a Pterra(+3 rec) and ANOTHER Vert egg(+3 hp) from the present exchange, so thanks Bio!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 11:43:22 AM by Jq1790 »
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

« Reply #874 on: April 16, 2014, 04:16:54 PM »
Red Valk is R/L so yeah definitely a Gigas replacement especially for Suzaku

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #875 on: April 16, 2014, 04:55:46 PM »
Depends on whether you need RCV or hp :p

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #876 on: April 16, 2014, 05:49:03 PM »
Ow ow ow ow the third stone dragon is owwwww
alternatively, number four is ijji

Considering grinding up the Dark/fire one so I can stall on #3's keeper a bit, not to mention I'd get some of my recovery back for tagging out TAMADRApurin.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #877 on: April 16, 2014, 11:24:27 PM »
Is it just me, or are the puzzle dragon forums down?

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #878 on: April 16, 2014, 11:41:31 PM »
I never visit it but checked and it's busted for me.

« Reply #879 on: April 17, 2014, 05:28:08 AM »
Its norse gods and angels for the upcomjng godfest.

Yep im skipping this one. I dont want another freyr.

Thanks to GreenVirus for the Siggy.
My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

« Reply #880 on: April 17, 2014, 05:46:09 AM »
I need a Luciiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

ugh why did I spend so many stones on Hera-Is earlier (and she didn't even drorp because Legend)

why did I spend like any on Take yesterday

ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I could have had 4 pulls all free

Jq1790

« Reply #881 on: April 17, 2014, 06:35:15 AM »
Silly me didn't realize it was Super Sapphire time til it was part way in, and due to my low Stamina I had to spend two stones for two runs at it.  At least the first round leveled my Drawn Joker from 1 to 48(had I think a king, a super, and 3 highs or something.  It got a Super when I fed.) so now IT's leveled enough.  Once I finish the other run at some point I'll probably save it til I get the two Amelits I need to evo Lilith and then try my luck there too.

It ws glorious having had  W/D Neptune friend though.  Almost 10k poison damage, used on the final floor to annihilate everything.

Drawn Joker's nice for this dungeon because it so happens to be one of the types it resists.  Lucky coincidence, that.

« Reply #882 on: April 17, 2014, 07:35:03 AM »
damnit I got wrapped up in dorking out over my FE:A ships and missed my supers :V

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #883 on: April 17, 2014, 08:12:16 AM »
Only thing I'd want out of upcoming godfest is Thor or Freyr and I really don't feel like trying for them. Might do one pull just for the sake of doing so but that's all.

EDIT: Okay, Raphael would be nice too.
EDIT2: Oh, and I got two super kings and one normal king out of one round of Supers 8)
(makes up for the shitty luck I've had with them recently really.)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 08:25:43 AM by Mishou Maisuri »

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #884 on: April 17, 2014, 11:43:43 AM »
Not gonna pull this godfest, Freyr is essentially Grand Tyrannos just not a Dragon which means he's inferior and Uriel doesn't give bonus attack.

If I would pull, it would be for that slim chance that I would get something like a Red Odin or a DMeta. I would appreciate a Gigas, actually. :c

« Reply #885 on: April 17, 2014, 12:19:22 PM »
satan should make trifruit easy right?

>tamadra binds Satan

nope

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #886 on: April 17, 2014, 12:59:18 PM »
Not gonna pull this godfest, Freyr is essentially Grand Tyrannos just not a Dragon which means he's inferior and Uriel doesn't give bonus attack.

Enjoy yourself while you're still at the part of the game where dragons are still viable party members. ^^;

Freyr has the benefit of boosting both fire and attacker types at ultimate evo, which allows for better party combinations and meshes well with King Flamie, which is really important when taking on later-game bosses.

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #887 on: April 17, 2014, 01:28:27 PM »
By the point I get there I'll be Horus-ing my way through, if I ever hit a wall where not even a well-crafted Horus team can pierce, then I'll go cry myself in a corner.

I still pray that one day they'll reduce Zaerog's ridiculous cost, give him some decent stats and allow me to do my Dream All-Dragon Team

I mean, we already have our own slime (Draggie) now all we really need is a decent Leader, Zaerog seems like the best bet but dat team cost is like :fail:
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 01:30:30 PM by Sacchi Hikaru »

Jq1790

« Reply #888 on: April 17, 2014, 01:39:55 PM »
Haha, yeah, Zaerog's pretty ridiculous.  I couldn't even run his ult'd form at all at my rank  haha, much less actually make a team with him.

It really is disappointing that dragons are so 'meh' mostly thanks to normally subpar actives, given the game name.  (I mean, Zaerog's is nice, but most of them...)

« Reply #889 on: April 17, 2014, 02:12:45 PM »
I'm pretty sure if you can beat Zaerog then you can afford his cost

You need to have 100 stamina to even fight him in the first place

And then you have to be able to grind it because there's only a 33% chance of him dropping

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #890 on: April 17, 2014, 02:18:02 PM »
But 110 cost.
Oh if you don't want any other dragons sure.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 02:21:24 PM by Bio »

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #891 on: April 17, 2014, 02:39:06 PM »
I think the ridiculous cost is the reason why nobody even uses Zaerog and Kouryu in the first place. And as far as I see it they're the only potentially good Dragon leaders.

I mean ADK Zeal seems to be a thing and Draggie himself could do something but x2,5 and x3 multipliers just don't seem like much when compared to a x3,5 unconditional + best gravity and a x4.

« Reply #892 on: April 17, 2014, 02:42:11 PM »
Eh even something like Zaerog, Voice, Draggie, Ronia, Ronia is like 259 cost which I can still afford but I still haven't beat Zaerog so :derp:

I think the ridiculous cost is the reason why nobody even uses Zaerog and Kouryu in the first place. And as far as I see it they're the only potentially good Dragon leaders.

I mean ADK Zeal seems to be a thing and Draggie himself could do something but x2,5 and x3 multipliers just don't seem like much when compared to a x3,5 unconditional + best gravity and a x4.
Actually it's more likely the fact that other leaders like Kirin are just plain way better :derp:

Also you NEED a really good leader just to get them in the first place. Zaerog and Koryu are like the two hardest dungeons in the game like seriously cost isn't an issue at all

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #893 on: April 17, 2014, 02:43:22 PM »

Well, when you consider the how 3.5 guy has negative RCV and an active on 35 turn cooldown unless you skill it up while the x4 guy requires you to maintain full health in a type known for crap RCV, things start to look more even. I think they should give Fagan a row enhance or two tbh.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #894 on: April 17, 2014, 02:57:14 PM »
With two Zaerogs, Draggie, ultimate Hadar, CDKV, and maybe Caol-Ila for that recovery, you have a bunch of monsters with a really solid attack and multiplier. You also have bunches of skill boosts, so a max skilled Draggie is likely to be ready in even the shortest of dungeons. So I would speculate. Two gravity abilities as well, if you can stall that 15 turns.
I like the potential.

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #895 on: April 17, 2014, 03:01:11 PM »
Also, do we know why Draggie's Enhance is only 2.5x when the other slimes get a x3?

I mean I thought at first because Dragons have good attack but Attackers obviously also do so I'm like  :wat:

« Reply #896 on: April 17, 2014, 03:02:38 PM »
That team has literally almost 0 RCV. Like 400 or something. I don't think you can stall on anything with that.

Also, do we know why Draggie's Enhance is only 2.5x when the other slimes get a x3?

I mean I thought at first because Dragons have good attack but Attackers obviously also do so I'm like  :wat:
cause puzzles and dragons is a lie more like puzzles and gods or puzzles and subtypes or puzzles and anything but dragons

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #897 on: April 17, 2014, 03:21:10 PM »
That team has literally almost 0 RCV. Like 400 or something. I don't think you can stall on anything with that.
cause puzzles and dragons is a lie more like puzzles and gods or puzzles and subtypes or puzzles and anything but dragons

Well, it does have better stats than the other slimes, though it's not that much. As for the attacker thing, does anyone use king flamie? All the attacker teams I see are row spammers.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #898 on: April 17, 2014, 03:31:12 PM »
puzzles and anything but dragons

A good name.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #899 on: April 17, 2014, 03:31:30 PM »

The big puzzle is why does this game have dragons.