Author Topic: Puzzle & Dragons 5 - So I heard you like fruity dragons  (Read 124871 times)

MatsuriSakuragi

Re: Puzzle & Dragons 5 - So I heard you like fruity dragons
« Reply #690 on: January 17, 2014, 02:24:55 PM »
Yeah, Vritra is definitely going in my luci team when I have the cost. May as well take advantage of that extra 100000 damage, especially since I tend to stagger my luci blasts so I can use them every 17 turns- this way I can combo twice as often...

Susanoo I'm still unsure about. Like, I can definitely see him in my Suzaku team, but in place of who? And Susa's also Balanced too so he'll be good on a Homura/Kamui/Cu Chulainn team too, but...  Hmm. Suikama get in here and explain what is so great about him because he seems like little more than an enhanced Keeper of Forest who isn't as good as Keeper of Rainbow :s

And while I was thinking Susa's leader skill was pretty lame, I just realized it would work well when paired with Odin, reducing at least one hit to next to nothing. Combine that with awakened healers that recover HP every turn and that could be pretty useful...  But it'd be a hella weak stall team too unless I toss luci in as a sub and Vritra to combo, then have Alraune use active skill for hopefully a close to full recovery? Hmm.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 02:39:08 PM by Mishou Maisuri »

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #691 on: January 17, 2014, 03:10:43 PM »
And while I was thinking Susa's leader skill was pretty lame, I just realized it would work well when paired with Odin, reducing at least one hit to next to nothing. Combine that with awakened healers that recover HP every turn and that could be pretty useful...  But it'd be a hella weak stall team too unless I toss luci in as a sub and Vritra to combo, then have Alraune use active skill for hopefully a close to full recovery? Hmm.

Odin works way better with an auto-heal. Keep in mind Susanoo's leader skill would only shave off 5% more at that point :v

Really while he could be ~*~Super Rad~*~ as the only all resist in the game without a limitation...it's just too low to be worth it. You can get 44% with two Susanoo but that's using both leader spots and I tend to find resist+auto heal better than double resist anyway.

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #692 on: January 17, 2014, 04:24:04 PM »
Susano has better stats, 5 turns instead of 3.
Part of a healthy textbook Horus team. Green is decent colour.

Speaking of which I can finally make a full fledged Horus team. Thank you godfests for being great and allowing me to obtain these 4 flaming falcons and nothing I ever need.

Chaore

« Reply #693 on: January 17, 2014, 04:26:17 PM »
Susano has better stats, 5 turns instead of 3.
Part of a healthy textbook Horus team. Green is decent colour.

Speaking of which I can finally make a full fledged Horus team. Thank you godfests for being great and allowing me to obtain these 4 flaming falcons and nothing I ever need.

hahaha holy shit did you really pull 5 hourses

that is beautiful and i am sorry for your loss (You even have spares if you max awaken one)

« Reply #694 on: January 17, 2014, 04:36:00 PM »
Yeah, Vritra is definitely going in my luci team when I have the cost. May as well take advantage of that extra 100000 damage, especially since I tend to stagger my luci blasts so I can use them every 17 turns- this way I can combo twice as often...

Susanoo I'm still unsure about. Like, I can definitely see him in my Suzaku team, but in place of who? And Susa's also Balanced too so he'll be good on a Homura/Kamui/Cu Chulainn team too, but...  Hmm. Suikama get in here and explain what is so great about him because he seems like little more than an enhanced Keeper of Forest who isn't as good as Keeper of Rainbow :s

Susanoo is good for Egyptian teams because he covers the green sub role. Also him combined with Echidna = so much stall.

Compared to Keepers and golem Susanoo has better RCV, which is important since you still need to heal while their ability is active. Also 5 turns vs 3 on the same cooldown.

He doesn't work so well though if you dont have good stats, so his effectiveness is limited until you reach the lategame. He's also a bit situational since if the boss hits way to hard he won't be of any help, but in other situations like the Stone Dragons he beats out Echidna because he doesn't care about status shields.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #695 on: January 17, 2014, 05:10:05 PM »
Vrita/luci sounds like a good combo but i find earlyish game luci alone omgwtfbbqowns everything with his nuke anyway, and when it starts to reach a point where he cant, you will prob have access to gravity, which compliments him better, and is paired with better stats too.

Vrita's ultimate looks so cool though, honestly though, i think stat/cost wise, he just may have the worst ultimate in the game =p (excluding ones with silly drawbacks for specific purposes). Susanoo is definately one of those gods that everyone would benefit to have though, stalls, spikes, whatever. His active is just so good and useful. Spike teams can rely on it to survive one shots for decent lengths of time, and stall... Well duh.

Its really an amazing active that is good for any team against any foe (except ones designed to one shot anyone no matter what). Its kinda like a less potent active than ecchi's only it works against shield bosses too! Id say he's a great score imo.

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #696 on: January 17, 2014, 06:15:14 PM »
GungHo just gave me 50 free magic stones  :getdown:

I purposely pulled before the Godfest last night when the Midnight Gala started because the only thing I was going for was Gryps Rider. Apparently they announced that the 'Godfest was LIVE' in the news bar before it was actually live, and since I rolled in that window of time they compensated me for all the rolls I did.
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

Chaore

« Reply #697 on: January 17, 2014, 06:16:02 PM »
GungHo just gave me 50 free magic stones  :getdown:

I purposely pulled before the Godfest last night when the Midnight Gala started because the only thing I was going for was Gryps Rider. Apparently they announced that the 'Godfest was LIVE' in the news bar before it was actually live, and since I rolled in that window of time they compensated me for all the rolls I did.

ahahaha oh god

well you're set for twinlits

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #698 on: January 17, 2014, 06:28:19 PM »
Mastering get.

About goddamn time.

And huh, I suppose I'll work on Susanoo after all. At the very least, I can use it in place of my light keeper and replace poporing with drops for type coverage.

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #699 on: January 17, 2014, 09:15:11 PM »
Max skilled my Siegfried, Megalodran, 2nd Siren, Vampire, Lilith, and Mastering. Valk is at 5, Angelion at 4, Titan at 5. 24 Poporings waiting on a Cu Chuu, and 28 Ghostrings waiting on a 2nd Lilith (regretting feeding off the ones I got from Satan now >_<)

Chaore

« Reply #700 on: January 17, 2014, 09:27:37 PM »
Max skilled my Siegfried, Megalodran, 2nd Siren, Vampire, Lilith, and Mastering. Valk is at 5, Angelion at 4, Titan at 5. 24 Poporings waiting on a Cu Chuu, and 28 Ghostrings waiting on a 2nd Lilith (regretting feeding off the ones I got from Satan now >_<)

meanwhile i uh

i got a level on my second siren (because if theres demon siren i may want two copies)

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #701 on: January 17, 2014, 09:42:37 PM »
2 stones and I maxed out all my heartbreakers :toot:
Much better than 2/5 of an ice golem!

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #702 on: January 17, 2014, 09:46:28 PM »
For whatever retarded reason, I've only gotten like 3 of sieg's skillup materials and like a dozen of everything else (that I don't need).

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #703 on: January 17, 2014, 11:31:11 PM »
24 Poporings waiting on a Cu Chuu
Holy...Wish I had that many...Wondering if I shoulda kept to Poring Tower instead of spending time in the Shrine of Spirits today...  The few I got over the last couple days wound up as duds.  Same with the ~5 or 6 Big Baddies for my Vampire Lord thus far, which was kinda annoying, but not surprising.
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #704 on: January 18, 2014, 12:13:39 AM »
Oh and I did decide to take a spin on the golem machine anyway because why not - I too am now a member of the Susano club Woo tank town for Suzaku :toot:

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #705 on: January 18, 2014, 12:17:00 AM »
Holy...Wish I had that many...Wondering if I shoulda kept to Poring Tower instead of spending time in the Shrine of Spirits today...  The few I got over the last couple days wound up as duds.  Same with the ~5 or 6 Big Baddies for my Vampire Lord thus far, which was kinda annoying, but not surprising.

Well thanks to 2x drops on Expert you will get a guaranteed drop on 9 of 10 floors, so it's good times especially if you need to max skill other stuff.

Update, max skilled Valk and 2 away from max on Angelion. But I can skill that up outside of poring tower sooo.. DONE! (At least until I get a second Valk)

Chaore

« Reply #706 on: January 18, 2014, 12:44:04 AM »
this just in, Light Alraune isn't complete trash like Light Angel!

Yeah she gives up healer type which is a thing but healer type wasn't really using her anyway. Unno if balanced really wants her though.

Stats are a lot better than Light angel, not the best trade- 200 rcv for 200 hp and 80 attack is kind of less worth it, and well her leader skill is also less iffy because maybe there's good tankyness in balanced? It's certainly not as bad as tossing it at healer. Not great, but yeah.

She's flat up not worth twinlits though, Gungho is really dropping the ball with these two again sadly- but they were always the worst healer girls.

I'm just glad because she's not as straight up awful as light angel statwise.

devil siren hype

« Reply #707 on: January 18, 2014, 01:03:21 AM »
Godfest rolls:
-- Shardran
-- +1 Basilisk
-- Archangel Uriel (not Yomi, but may see some use?)
[tried running Valk on Legend, once again died to the stupid devil wave, bought a six-pack of stones and just kind of gave up when I saw that Valk never lets her status protection lapse even for a moment]
-- Hades (also not Yomi, but hey it's another gravity)

I guess I'm pleased with this?

Chaore

« Reply #708 on: January 18, 2014, 01:19:46 AM »
Oh also hey Suikama guess what the sonia fruits have a use

FOR THE ON COLOR BAD DRAGON ULT EVOS :V

Edit; And the ripper ult evos!

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #709 on: January 18, 2014, 03:12:00 AM »
Ugh. Im having better luck with mythits today than ever before... But i wanna save stam to die horribly on twinlits more than once.

Chaore

« Reply #710 on: January 18, 2014, 03:14:10 AM »
Ugh. Im having better luck with mythits today than ever before... But i wanna save stam to die horribly on twinlits more than once.

You'll have all weekend iirc so :v

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #711 on: January 18, 2014, 03:29:33 AM »
Oh right, anyone want to swap Presents?  I keep forgetting I still have mine from when they reset everyone so they got extras.  (Hoping to get a Tyrra or whatever the fire one's base form is, personally, since I don't really need any of the other ones, but whatever, figure it's still a 1 in 5 chance.)
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #712 on: January 18, 2014, 05:13:59 AM »
apparently there is an incoming hello kitty collab coming for jp

crossing fingers for it to come here i want a sanrio team

« Reply #713 on: January 18, 2014, 05:24:07 AM »
Did I... just... what.

EDIT: TWICE IN A ROW
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 05:33:27 AM by Arashi Kurobambi »

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #714 on: January 18, 2014, 05:48:19 AM »
Did I... just... what.

EDIT: TWICE IN A ROW

Hooray! \o/

Ran Goddess Descended Legend with my Byakko team, 2-stoned but got the Valk sooooo I'm pretty happy.

I'm trying to stop myself from attempting to skill it up over the next two hours >_< Need to save my stones for twinlits.

Chaore

« Reply #715 on: January 18, 2014, 05:57:35 AM »
Hooray! \o/

Ran Goddess Descended Legend with my Byakko team, 2-stoned but got the Valk sooooo I'm pretty happy.

I'm trying to stop myself from attempting to skill it up over the next two hours >_< Need to save my stones for twinlits.

TWINLITS WILL BE FUN.

I likewise i am tempted to stone for some delicious cu chu/sieg/valk skill ups, but I don't...entirely want to I suppose?

Like I basically trust my luck to be flat out wasted stone. Earlier I was just gonna sleep butttt

« Reply #716 on: January 18, 2014, 06:19:07 AM »
Oh also hey Suikama guess what the sonia fruits have a use

FOR THE ON COLOR BAD DRAGON ULT EVOS :V

Edit; And the ripper ult evos!
yeah I know but pffffff they're so bad loldragons

also chu cu maxed o/

still can't get mythdubs though goddamnit

Chaore

« Reply #717 on: January 18, 2014, 06:20:43 AM »
yeah I know but pffffff they're so bad loldragons

also chu cu maxed o/

still can't get mythdubs though goddamnit

the stats blocks on a few are pretty decent except well

not nearly worth the materials

why does gungho keep making hard evo materials its a bad idea ;w;

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #718 on: January 18, 2014, 06:26:49 AM »
Hooray! \o/

What do you plan on twinlitting? From what I've seen, unless you really want a new a leader, twinlits won't do much for you.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Chaore

« Reply #719 on: January 18, 2014, 06:44:55 AM »
What do you plan on twinlitting? From what I've seen, unless you really want a new a leader, twinlits won't do much for you.

Yomi for a DMeta sub.

It's legit because he's got a disgusting attack stat- even if his awakenings and skill are not useful for DMeta.

edit: also he's on type unlike sonias :v
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 06:58:51 AM by Chaore »