Author Topic: Puzzle & Dragons 5 - So I heard you like fruity dragons  (Read 124874 times)

Re: Puzzle & Dragons 5 - So I heard you like fruity dragons
« Reply #570 on: January 16, 2014, 12:55:02 AM »
Personally, the twinlits seem like a really poorly designed dungeon.
oh on the contrary

it is a very well designed dungeon

for $$gungho$$

also >athena

Chu doesn't really hit THAT hard. If you have a team with really good RCV you can just keep tanking his hits. Also at 50% hp he alternates between using gravity and attacking so you only need to heal 8k every 2 turns (since the gravity cant kill you)

man i wish i could beat athena with this team. it would be hilarious :V
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 01:03:21 AM by Suikama »

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #571 on: January 16, 2014, 01:15:07 AM »
also >athena

Chu doesn't really hit THAT hard. If you have a team with really good RCV you can just keep tanking his hits. Also at 50% hp he alternates between using gravity and attacking so you only need to heal 8k every 2 turns (since the gravity cant kill you)

8k is kind of a lot for most teams

i know isis waifu has a lot of recovery but she's kinda abnormal :v

« Reply #572 on: January 16, 2014, 01:18:48 AM »
well that and i keep watching videos of all +297 clears :V

dammit japan do you have no mercy for the weaker player ;-;

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #573 on: January 16, 2014, 01:37:29 AM »
i've been in the same poring tower round since 2:30

it is 8:30 now

i've already used a stone on cheapass triple-sync'd demons

i swear if I don't get a poring out of this I am gonna probably not throw my phone across the room and keep trying because fuck this

Chaore

« Reply #574 on: January 16, 2014, 01:38:44 AM »
i've been in the same poring tower round since 2:30

it is 8:30 now

i've already used a stone on cheapass triple-sync'd demons

i swear if I don't get a poring out of this I am gonna probably not throw my phone across the room and keep trying because fuck this

matsy matsy stop

masterings aren't worth it they're pretty bad

« Reply #575 on: January 16, 2014, 01:40:24 AM »
do you see now chaore

do you see the terrible power of lucifer and why gungho wishes he never existed

Chaore

« Reply #576 on: January 16, 2014, 01:45:34 AM »
do you see now chaore

do you see the terrible power of lucifer and why gungho wishes he never existed

how does this even

what

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #577 on: January 16, 2014, 01:46:01 AM »
matsy matsy stop

masterings aren't worth it they're pretty bad

i don't even care i have wasted over five fucking hours on just five rounds of this shit and god DAMN it all I am getting that mastering

:colbert:

« Reply #578 on: January 16, 2014, 01:49:30 AM »
how does this even

what
i mean how painful and unfun playing lucifer is

like if Lucifer was still the optimal leader for new lategame descends a lot of people would get turned off this game pretty quickly

i don't even care i have wasted over five fucking hours on just five rounds of this shit and god DAMN it all I am getting that mastering

:colbert:
matsy pls at least use someone with x2 attack ;-;

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #579 on: January 16, 2014, 01:54:38 AM »

like if Lucifer was still the optimal leader for new lategame descends a lot of people would get turned off this game pretty quickly

playing stall is so BORING holy fuck have been at this silly puzzle game so long I can smell colors and see sound and i want to claw my eyes out

I've tried. Without x2HP or x2RCV it's just too hard for me at this point :(

« Reply #580 on: January 16, 2014, 01:55:13 AM »
playing stall is so BORING holy fuck have been at this silly puzzle game so long I can smell colors and see sound and i want to claw my eyes out

who do you haaaveeee

gives us all the detailssss

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #581 on: January 16, 2014, 01:58:30 AM »
Right now I'm using:
Seraph of Dawn Lucifer lead
Keeper of Rainbow for HP and defense if needed
Drawn Joker for hearts
Ghostring because I need SOME source of damage that isn't all 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
Dub-Mythlit because I only had 1 cost left
and Lucifriend

it is worth noting that on EVERY FLOOR but floor 5 so far this round has had at least two demons on it. Fuck these bastards forEVER

Chaore

« Reply #582 on: January 16, 2014, 02:01:15 AM »

this isn't normal at all because demons are complete dicks and one of luci's weaknesses???

i know you're all paru because you're stuck with a low-tier leader like isis but plz

playing stall when you have more control over the situation than LOL DEMONS ENJOY NOT EVEN SCRATCHING US is a lot better

it's still plinky but it's not how monotonous and flows a lot better because unlike most teams you can take hits and actually recover

demons you just need to store orbs, keep healing, and unleash a big combo and it sucks

and then die because pitiful everything else

good plan B)

the best way is to go 4x attack 2 Hp/Rcv, you have higher attack than luci but much more workable hp and rcv

it's like luci but better against trash mobs and worse against bosses and completely useless latergame

Right now I'm using:
Drawn Joker for hearts
and Lucifriend

it is worth noting that on EVERY FLOOR but floor 5 so far this round has had at least two demons on it. Fuck these bastards forEVER

this is because the only other mob poring master has then porings is demons and porings are ~uncommon~

« Reply #583 on: January 16, 2014, 02:08:58 AM »
Right now I'm using:
Drawn Joker for hearts
and Lucifriend

I meant leader monsters in general

this isn't normal at all because demons are complete dicks and one of luci's weaknesses???

i know you're all paru because you're stuck with a low-tier leader like isis but plz

playing stall when you have more control over the situation than LOL DEMONS ENJOY NOT EVEN SCRATCHING US is a lot better

it's still plinky but it's not how monotonous and flows a lot better because unlike most teams you can take hits and actually recover

demons you just need to store orbs, keep healing, and unleash a big combo and it sucks

and then die because pitiful everything else

good plan B)

the best way is to go 4x attack 2 Hp/Rcv, you have higher attack than luci but much more workable hp and rcv

it's like luci but better against trash mobs and worse against bosses and completely useless latergame

this is because the only other mob poring master has then porings is demons and porings are ~uncommon~
burst teams can take hits and recover just fine

you just need +297 eggs on everyone :V

or just have a bunch of heartbreakers cause they all have good stats minus Valk (well she brings good rcv which is also very necessary)

also i meant if mats has a x2 atk leader then it can be at least be paired with a x2 HP/atk or x2ATK/RCV friend

also also 2/4/2 mono color can actually handle descends fine but they need significant investment (like farming goemon skillups oh boy >_>)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 02:11:52 AM by Suikama »

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #584 on: January 16, 2014, 02:23:35 AM »
i didn't get the poring

after all that time

i didn't get the fucking poring

and only ONE poringlike drop

the rest are fucking demons

seven fucking demons

oh and to add insult to injury not a single one skillup'd my hellray harpie demon

i hate this game i hate it so much

I meant leader monsters in general

also i meant if mats has a x2 atk leader then it can be at least be paired with a x2 HP/atk or x2ATK/RCV friend
Uhhhh let's see, now that I can actually look at my box...

I have Seraph of Dawn Lucifer, Suzaku, UmiYama, Blazing Phoenix Knight Homura, Dark Liege Vampire Duke, Love Deity Chaos Venus, Hellray Harpie Demon, Drawn Joker, Dino Rider, and Top Droidragon

you can tell that some of these I haven't really even touched and others i have gone all-out on

(and honestly if the lattermost can actually reflect the damage I take and wipe out the enemies that would be GLORIOUS)

but at least I took so long doing this dungeon that I only have to wait an hour until I have enough stamina to try again right? riiiiiight?

« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 02:29:03 AM by Mishou Maisuri »

« Reply #585 on: January 16, 2014, 02:29:03 AM »
You could pair Dark Liege Vampire Duke with a friend D/D batman for a 2/4/2 dark team. it will play a bit like lucifer but trading HP and RCV for much better attack

or you could run suzaku with my Isis and one hit everything :derp:

Chaore

« Reply #586 on: January 16, 2014, 02:30:34 AM »
You could pair Dark Liege Vampire Duke with a friend D/D batman for a 2/4/2 dark team. it will play a bit like lucifer but trading HP and RCV for much better attack

i'd suggest duke if you haven't practiced suzaku/are bad at comboing because while suikama's girth is mighty it is probably gonna lead to some pretty low hp

« Reply #587 on: January 16, 2014, 02:32:39 AM »
well my isis alone has 3700 hp so even if all your subs are only around 1k that's a 8700 hp team which is enough to tank a demon hit if you mess up

not enough for surviving mastering though (you can clear expert really fast at least :derp:)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 02:36:00 AM by Suikama »

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #588 on: January 16, 2014, 02:36:04 AM »

I've actually already tried the first option and I just didn't have enough HP and RCV to handle it, unfortunately :(

And I'd try the latter but if I take a single hit I'd probably be ruined. :(

i'd suggest duke if you haven't practiced suzaku/are bad at comboing because while suikama's girth is mighty it is probably gonna lead to some pretty low hp

See I probably would if I had the cost to support it! Like, if I could cram three RKs in there for HP I would be fine but... well, cost.

I can try again, I suppose, if not only because I'm at my wit's end. I can say for sure that I think I've become hella good at comboing at this point because well I've had h o u r s upon h o u r s of practice now but I still don't feel confident enough to try Suzaku/Isis if not only because I'm not sure how to build the team. Though I have a feeling Top Droidragon would have a nice spot in there because fuck your defense.

oh my god stop posting so I can respoooond

well my isis alone has 3700 hp so even if all your subs are only around 1k that's a 8700 hp team which is enough to tank a demon hit if you mess up

not enough for surviving mastering though (you can clear expert really fast at least :derp:)

Yeah, Mastering would be my biggest worry because I don't think I have anything that can tank that. :(

« Reply #589 on: January 16, 2014, 02:40:55 AM »
For Isis/Suzaku subs, first of all echidna is the best  sub if you have one.

After that keepers are pretty good because of thier high HP and thier active ability will save you from a few mastering hits. One green and one light if you can (for suzaku).

Heart breakers are good for keeping the combo train going strong.

Other than that, anyone you have with good stats to fill the gaps.

it would be so helpful if you had a padherder

Chaore

« Reply #590 on: January 16, 2014, 02:43:46 AM »

HEY SUIKAMA I HAVE A PAD HERDER TELL ME WHAT TO DO FOR TWINLITS B)

edit: relatedly i just got the pun in arashi's signature

arashi has lost all of the cool points for being donut >:<

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #591 on: January 16, 2014, 02:45:01 AM »
For Isis/Suzaku subs, first of all echidna is the best  sub if you have one.

After that keepers are pretty good because of thier high HP and thier active ability will save you from a few mastering hits. One green and one light if you can (for suzaku).

Heart breakers are good for keeping the combo train going strong.

Other than that, anyone you have with good stats to fill the gaps.

I have an Echidna, but she's not fully evolved yet, nor is she skilled up at all. Does that matter?

And I think I have a green and a light keeper lemme check-- no, the only keepers I have atm are fire, light, dark, and rainbow.

The only heartbreaker I have is Dark Liege Vampire Duke and I don't think he'll fit >.o

And yeah I may as well finish setting up padherder god knows I don't want to play anymore right now

Chaore

« Reply #592 on: January 16, 2014, 02:47:46 AM »
I have an Echidna, but she's not fully evolved yet, nor is she skilled up at all. Does that matter?

And I think I have a green and a light keeper lemme check-- no, the only keepers I have atm are fire, light, dark, and rainbow.

The only heartbreaker I have is Dark Liege Vampire Duke and I don't think he'll fit >.o

And yeah I may as well finish setting up padherder god knows I don't want to play anymore right now

Evolved- no her stats are pretty awful and near max in second evo

skilled up, yeah that's pretty important especially if you're no hitting

also yeah pad herder is useful even if i wish it auto updated off my account

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #593 on: January 16, 2014, 02:56:18 AM »
http://www.padherder.com/user/Matsuri/

there I added all of my significant ones I guess

also I had a keeper of water too that I missed so there's that

« Reply #594 on: January 16, 2014, 02:57:07 AM »

any ecchi is good

Suzaku, Ecchi, Light keeper, now you need a green sub. What do you got?

HEY SUIKAMA I HAVE A PAD HERDER TELL ME WHAT TO DO FOR TWINLITS B)

edit: relatedly i just got the pun in arashi's signature

arashi has lost all of the cool points for being donut >:<
i'm pretty sure i already did :V

what you have right now is pretty good. Double delay, gravity + I'm assuming you're gonna have Odin over Valk unless you evolved your valk recently

the real challenge then comes down to skill (and luck)

you have to clear the first wave and stall on it

then you have to clear stage 2 in the time you get with your first delay (which still isnt much cause they have a lot of hp and not a long attack time)

then if you dont have enough hp you have to stone stage 3, delay, kill the dublits (easier than stage two at least) and then stall on tamadra

and then the real hard part comes with the final boss where you have to make crazy orb matches to kill them

there is one trick though that you can do during the tamadra. if you move an orb but make no matches from it, it doesnt count as a turn for activating your skills, BUT it still winds down the clock on binds, so you can take your time as if you have a permanent change the world on and set up a really nice board for your first attack on the twinlits. as long as you dont kill the tamadra by accident...

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #595 on: January 16, 2014, 03:03:28 AM »
any ecchi is good

Suzaku, Ecchi, Light keeper, now you need a green sub. What do you got?

padherder updated. Alraune maybe? UmiYama?

« Reply #596 on: January 16, 2014, 03:04:50 AM »
http://www.padherder.com/user/Matsuri/

there I added all of my significant ones I guess

also I had a keeper of water too that I missed so there's that
I don't see suzaku there :derp: oh it updated

anyways

Suzaku, Homura, Echidna, Keeper of Light, Poporing, Isis

HP: 8719

cost: 73 which you should have enough for

Plow through demons, stall on poporing, try to reach mastering with all skills up. Then echidna, suzaku, and keep making red/light/green combos. Use poporing or homura if you dont have enough orbs. If the mastering is about to attack, use light keeper to take one hit. You get 9 turns to deal 900k damage which shouldn't be too hard if you keep making good matches.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #597 on: January 16, 2014, 03:08:22 AM »
hmmmm.

Without a friend leader, I have 2385 RCV. Think that's enough to deal the Cu Chu?

EDIT: Masterings are legit. Get a whole team of them and you'll clear just about every tri-color ever. They're good enough that Max Murai saw fit to feed his Susanoo to one for the +s.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 03:11:57 AM by hyorinryu »

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Chaore

« Reply #598 on: January 16, 2014, 03:13:19 AM »
hmmmm.

Without a friend leader, I have 2385 RCV. Think that's enough to deal the Cu Chu?

EDIT: Masterings are legit. Get a whole team of them and you'll clear just about every tri-color ever. They're good enough that Max Murai saw fit to feed his Susanoo to one for the +s.

>feed susanoo

why would you ever

sure susanoo is pretty crap stat-wise and his skill isn't really great but it's mastering

« Reply #599 on: January 16, 2014, 03:15:20 AM »
>feed susanoo

why would you ever

sure susanoo is pretty crap stat-wise and his skill isn't really great but it's mastering
it's Max Murai

he probably already has like 3 of them max skilled +297