Author Topic: Puzzle & Dragons 5 - So I heard you like fruity dragons  (Read 124870 times)

Re: Puzzle & Dragons 5 - So I heard you like fruity dragons
« Reply #360 on: January 11, 2014, 05:34:56 PM »
I just do triple heartbreaker (gigas, sieg, chu) + echidna for maximum combos

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #361 on: January 11, 2014, 05:46:01 PM »
this is luci in a nutshell, easy but killing power tends to rely on luci nukes and gravity.

in a way, this is probably why gungho hideously neglects stall- it's not FAST AND FURIOUS AND EXCITING enough.

I doubt its cuz exciting...
Fast = faster clears, AND faster deaths, which means more motivation to spend stones on stam refills and death revives.

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #362 on: January 11, 2014, 05:58:32 PM »
I doubt its cuz exciting...
Fast = faster clears, AND faster deaths, which means more motivation to spend stones on stam refills and death revives.

Luci getting screwed also gives a sense of 'No way! I'm so close, just one more try' from personal experience.

Infact, I probably would've spent less stones using horusu I think :v

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #363 on: January 11, 2014, 06:00:49 PM »
That may be true but i still think it is likely that they feel faster = more frequency of "need a stone" moments.

« Reply #364 on: January 11, 2014, 07:59:11 PM »

Siegfried MAXed o/

« Reply #365 on: January 11, 2014, 08:12:56 PM »
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice, mine's nowhere near max level but at least he is max evo'd (thank you blue snow globe for polishing off the second stage).

And Two Heroes last night dropped the Highlander, so now the only heartbreaker I'm missing is Valk! (I'd've been fine with either, really, Highlander is a thing I was lacking and Berserk means a chance to skillup - god knows that farmable or not I am no fucking way going to try to awaken heartbreakers by feeding dupes, dat xp curve too strongk.)

« Reply #366 on: January 11, 2014, 08:22:03 PM »
I still need to awaken Siegfried one more level.

Thing is right now I have both a tamadra and an extra mid level Siegfried, and on one hand it will cost me a milion exp and a bunch of evo materials just for one awakening if I use the extra siegfried.

On the other hand I have no other use for him and if I just used the tamadra then he becomes a dead weight in my box. Also I'm not really in a rush to get 50 extra attack on him so I can save the Tamadra for someone else.

Also I spent 200 stam on blue dragons today and got 0 tamadras
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 08:24:29 PM by Suikama »

Chaore

« Reply #367 on: January 11, 2014, 08:35:21 PM »
That may be true but i still think it is likely that they feel faster = more frequency of "need a stone" moments.

Yeah that'd be likely I admit. Oh well, maybe one day they'll change things. I can dream.

Also the final weekend dungeon was pitifully easy. Is this the power of Isis?!

« Reply #368 on: January 11, 2014, 08:40:33 PM »
I still need to awaken Siegfried one more level.

Thing is right now I have both a tamadra and an extra mid level Siegfried, and on one hand it will cost me a milion exp and a bunch of evo materials just for one awakening if I use the extra siegfried.

On the other hand I have no other use for him and if I just used the tamadra then he becomes a dead weight in my box. Also I'm not really in a rush to get 50 extra attack on him so I can save the Tamadra for someone else.

Yeah I mean I'm in no rush to, if I do at all, just holy crap I have no desire to do it the hard way. :V

Chaore

« Reply #369 on: January 11, 2014, 10:53:02 PM »
Created two teams for twinlits in the very far future.

Obviously need to level/evo some stuff in them (including if I have the time skilling up grav users- I will not have the time no way in hell) but yeah I want initial thoughts I guess

« Reply #370 on: January 11, 2014, 10:56:26 PM »
technically skilling up gravities doesn't really need time since you can only do it on Hera days

but it does cost like a hundred stones :V

also you can just go fuck gravities and go FULL DELAY MODE with Horus, Ecchi, Susanoo, Orochi, Batman once F/L horus comes out

Chaore

« Reply #371 on: January 11, 2014, 10:58:33 PM »
technically skilling up gravities doesn't really need time since you can only do it on Hera days

but it does cost like a hundred stones :V

also you can just go fuck gravities and go FULL DELAY MODE with Horus, Ecchi, Susanoo, Orochi, Batman once F/L horus comes out

I need to do twinlits to get F/L horus.

« Reply #372 on: January 11, 2014, 11:06:53 PM »
well after you get it then?

i mean the first team you posted is fine even for not twinlits and stuff so i was talking teamcomps in general

specifically for twinlits though double delay is pretty good as long as you get lucky with stage 1

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #373 on: January 11, 2014, 11:16:00 PM »
I'm thinking I might use the blue, green, and red mystic dragons for my mono-teams.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Chaore

« Reply #374 on: January 11, 2014, 11:21:17 PM »
well okay in that case hahah fuck no batman is awful and cutting out a gravity for his useless ass is a terrible damn idea

gravities help both with room 3 and the boss  whereas batman can't be used on the boss and has a longer delay than ecchi-sama too so if hes up she is for room 2

double delay is great and actually far better than slotting in susanoo since he can't be used to survive after angrilit and only has situational use before devilit dies

I think the elongated time is technically less damage per turn too? not sure on that

I'm thinking I might use the blue, green, and red mystic dragons for my mono-teams.

they've passable stats but i wouldn't slot them in over anything useful honestly

and it also depends on who you're leading with

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #375 on: January 11, 2014, 11:31:06 PM »

they've passable stats but i wouldn't slot them in over anything useful honestly

Norses and Starters. I imagine that they would be good for those times you need to press all the button and oneshot the thing into oblivion.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #376 on: January 11, 2014, 11:39:51 PM »
well okay in that case hahah fuck no batman is awful and cutting out a gravity for his useless ass is a terrible damn idea

gravities help both with room 3 and the boss  whereas batman can't be used on the boss and has a longer delay than ecchi-sama too so if hes up she is for room 2

double delay is great and actually far better than slotting in susanoo since he can't be used to survive after angrilit and only has situational use before devilit dies

I think the elongated time is technically less damage per turn too? not sure on that

yeah the biggest downfall of reduced damage vs stall is you have to focus on healing at the same time which can really screw up combos (unless you're Bastet). I can never pull off a good combo when I have low hp and need to heal at the same time :<

i'm not sure why you swapped hades for hera though in your second team cause your hades is much stronger :V

oh yeah you can also replace Valk with Ra to make floor two trivial

so then you stall on stage one, ra stage 2, delay stage 3 and then kill all but tamadra, then stall again and fight the boss
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 11:42:44 PM by Suikama »

Chaore

« Reply #377 on: January 11, 2014, 11:48:05 PM »
Norses and Starters. I imagine that they would be good for those times you need to press all the button and oneshot the thing into oblivion.

tbh no because switching is a bad skill

Nazca is bad because if you're at full health why switch for a minor (only x6 over x4) damage boost that goes away the moment you're hit, like, ever.

baalbek is better because staying below 50% is easy when you killed your recovery, but worse because you can't switch it away when you need to heal now and it's a minor boost that will cut your rcv straight in half and bring your doom quicker

anti is probably the best because x5 is massive and a x10 boost is nothing to sneeze at, however you're at 5% which is hard to hit to use her and you're fucked the next turn but she's the most usable

so again not over anything useful is my reccomendation

i'm not sure why you swapped hades for hera though in your second team cause your hades is much stronger :V

oh yeah you can also replace Valk with Ra to make floor two trivial

so then you stall on stage one, ra stage 2, delay stage 3 and then kill all but tamadra, then stall again and fight the boss

I thought Hera was a flat out stronger monster and didn't need the light typing

turns out she just has more hp so hmm

also no i can't because i need ulti valk for green type in that team (unless ecchi-sama gets green type) though ra's not a terrible idea

« Reply #378 on: January 11, 2014, 11:51:32 PM »
oops

also hera is a late bloomer which is really annoying because she'll always be weaker than you expect until you hit like level 80+

e:oh hades is too

hera-is ftw

Chaore

« Reply #379 on: January 11, 2014, 11:58:37 PM »
oops

also hera is a late bloomer which is really annoying because she'll always be weaker than you expect until you hit like level 80+

e:oh hades is too

hera-is ftw

yeah hera-is might be better

she doesn't have main dark but the main problem is usually devilit

and she has more hp always so

hera and hades have more flat attack but she's ahead till 50-60 and will have better other stats at that point

« Reply #380 on: January 12, 2014, 12:07:23 AM »
On a random note, I wish Joker had skill-up food cause he has the best active in the game :V

I mean he's the only monster who can give the possibility of gravity every 10 turns :V

...okay aside from max skilled kirin >_>

In general though his potential actives are almost all pretty great for Isis/Bastet. The Chinese Girl actives wouldn't work with Horus/Ra/Kirin or any other chinese girl since it's a random tricolor but it's great for combo leaders and Isis. Same with Orb refresh (free skill boost if you get at least 1 skyfall match from it), Change the World, and Gravity.

Of course the main problem is the stupid dragon breaths, but hey it's obviously a fun active, and it wouldn't be Joker without it :V
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 12:10:45 AM by Suikama »

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #381 on: January 12, 2014, 12:50:23 AM »
Incidently, hades is later bloomier than hera too. For example a level 70 hades is compareable to like a level 50 hera.

Anyway i intend to lead with a light/dark hades (which i have), have 2 ecchis, my level 99 hera, and... Not sure yet, my luci for final nuke i guess?
Ideally ill have a light/dark hades sub too.

Ill have to be careful about managing their hp though, that final 20% will be tough with such a slow damaging team.

« Reply #382 on: January 12, 2014, 01:01:09 AM »
i'm not sure if luci is possible for twinlits because when the devilit uses his poison, that's a instant kill regardless of how much hp you have

Chaore

« Reply #383 on: January 12, 2014, 01:08:51 AM »
i'm not sure if luci is possible for twinlits because when the devilit uses his poison, that's a instant kill regardless of how much hp you have

No it's not, at all.

The problem is more you need a lot of sheer bulk so it's not really practical for the person on the short.

Also he means to lead with dual resist.

« Reply #384 on: January 12, 2014, 01:14:18 AM »
No it's not, at all.

The problem is more you need a lot of sheer bulk so it's not really practical for the person on the short.

Also he means to lead with dual resist.
oh what the fuck pdx you're wrong AGAIN >:/

unless 6 color orbs LITERALLY MEANS 6 orbs but not heal orbs

okay wow that's actually what happens okay i thought it was a beelzabub kinda deal :/
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 01:15:53 AM by Suikama »

Chaore

« Reply #385 on: January 12, 2014, 01:16:07 AM »
oh what the fuck pdx you're wrong AGAIN >:/

unless 6 color orbs LITERALLY MEANS 6 orbs but not heal orbs

It means literally six orbs turn into poison blocks. Only six.

Clicking the skill reveals that on PDX. :v

« Reply #386 on: January 12, 2014, 01:18:36 AM »
man for angelit it says 1x? which means 1 of all an element

but then devil says 6x? which then means 6 orbs welp

also holy crap the luci got lucky as hell turn one

Chaore

« Reply #387 on: January 12, 2014, 01:20:47 AM »
man for angelit it says 1x? which means 1 of all an element

but then devil says 6x? which then means 6 orbs welp

also holy crap the luci got lucky as hell turn one

it's like acid blossom and probably how all poison skills will be coded

also yeah needing good board for turn 1 is pretty much a thing but i imagine that's a thing for everyone bar isis

« Reply #388 on: January 12, 2014, 01:21:36 AM »
Bastet doesn't really care about your starting board either, unless you're playing mono green Bastet or something

holy shit these skyfalls

how many tries this did luci run take

lol +297 on everyone except ecchi only has +1 for some reason
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 01:27:03 AM by Suikama »

Chaore

« Reply #389 on: January 12, 2014, 01:30:58 AM »
lol +297 on everyone except ecchi only has +1 for some reason

ecchi doesn't scale as well since luci doesn't effect her