Author Topic: Puzzle & Dragons 5 - So I heard you like fruity dragons  (Read 125004 times)

Re: Puzzle & Dragons 5 - So I heard you like fruity dragons
« Reply #210 on: January 07, 2014, 03:11:06 AM »
SO HOW ABOUT THEM FLAME MECHDRAGON SUZAKU SKILLUP MONSTERS
I somehow think this is a task not worth starting given the drop:stamina rate and then I see that Metatron get skill ups in a similar fashion and I kinda want those, since I'm thinking of giving her two tamadra + my 2nd Meta = bind resist/recovery funtimes but but that drop rate on top of skill up hell :(
Did you ever get it?  (I hope I wasn't wrong on the dungeon it'd be in)
Or just roll the friendegg machine 20 times :V :V :V
it's a mere 4-5% chance of getting one

then you have to feed it a pengdra

then evolve it

just to try to get one skillup :V

the low invade rate is probably the worst part especially since it's a 50 stam dungeon

and the easier difficulties have an even lower invade rate iirc

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #211 on: January 07, 2014, 03:14:08 AM »
My apologies.  I feel I am addressing the core elements of points you may be trying to make, namely the dismissal of nebradisk as an option as he is an inferior choice to other critters.

You were not, unfortunately. You were simply picking a single part of my argument and calling me inexperienced actually. It was rather frustrating, and on 40+ hours of little to no sleep and with some stress I may have snapped a bit hard and I apologize.

You very much did not discuss why he still has a spot, which is why I haven't really gone into why without support he's far too weak to hold up a proper stall, and how wasting slots in burst to make support dramatically lowers damage which is very inefficient and will make the team fall- which is why he's not a proper option at all in burst, frankly. I also find the idea of getting skills back up somewhat mixed though my minds a bit too fuzzy to properly express why for king slime teams I think it might not be strong enough (except perhaps for draggie knight, but ADK teams....ADK teams.) it's certainly nowhere near as strong for non-slime teams.

In short, I believe he's not a proper option so much as a trap.

'Emergency Odin' can be taken three ways, I suppose.  The first would be as a ghetto odin substitute, good for sleeping through normal dungeons.  The second would be as I described him above.  The third would be what I believe was your intended use, as an emergency option for unplanned situations, which we've addressed.  I meant the first two and you meant the third, which is where our disagreement lies.

The first is okay I guess? I'd straight up just get an actual Odin friend however, since most odin players seem very generous and Odin is overwhelmingly stronger than Nebradisk as a leader. At that, the ad-hoc Ama you can farm (Siren) is incredibly strong still and farmable on a much easier basis! There is nothing too wrong, and while his stats are subpar he should handle most normal dungeons alright.

The second I believe is for getting skills up- Again, my minds a bit fuzzy for this one but I believe it's too weak in non-slime teams and mixed for slime teams, especially due to him needing support really. Not really a good use for him.

The third was how I interpreted it and we both agree he can't possible work for it.

Angelit converts random orbs to hearts when it attacks, every turn, unless it's below 20% HP (at which point it murders you), meaning Siren is not necessary to bring along.  Healing in this situation becomes trivial, which is one of the reasons why a nebradisk works well here.

This may legitimately be the one niche use for nebradisk then.

Just uh, word of warning- If Angelit drops below 50% (He's going to drop below 50% because you're going to do AOE burst damage of atleast 1.7 mil to destroy devilit with a healer team which will leave him at 25%) so you need to bait that out since it's aimed directly at leaders before you swap.

And uhm, Even then to kill Devilit that leaves about 5% leeway before angelit goes straight up fuck your shit so if you accidentally do too MUCH damage... uhm. May have issue.

So yeah playing with fire.

Also in addition to this I may note that an ultra gravity does 30% and would kill both of them straight up.

So using nebradisk is actually fairly dangerous and completely unnecessary assuming you can do 1.7 mil burst with a healer team -1 slot.

So uh while he works, he's actually the run around and unnecessary option for the job.

I apologize if I have come across as rude; we appear to have had differing interpretations of the actual subject matter being discussed.  I hope we can move on without continuing further non-game-related remarks.

I accept your apology and apologize for snapping a bit hard, I'm very often abrasive as I'm somewhat blunt in how I speak- but i really don't mean much vitrol and generally care and enjoy most people in this thread. Except suikama.

Suikama's a jerk.

(i'm joking ilu suikama)

« Reply #212 on: January 07, 2014, 03:17:34 AM »
I somehow think this is a task not worth starting given the drop:stamina rate

Yeah I am nooooooooooooooot bothering between that and having to evo them (at least not yet, we'll probably have it again in a whole bunch of months or so :V).

At least you don't have to evo anything for Nebradisk skillups. :V

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #213 on: January 07, 2014, 03:22:16 AM »

I read somewhere that the invade rate for chasers is something like 1 in 50

Did you ever get it?  (I hope I wasn't wrong on the dungeon it'd be in)

Yeah I did get one.  Which means TIME FOR EVOLVED GOEMON... tomorrow when I get a red keeper

« Reply #214 on: January 07, 2014, 03:38:41 AM »
I read somewhere that the invade rate for chasers is something like 1 in 50

Yeah I did get one.  Which means TIME FOR EVOLVED GOEMON... tomorrow when I get a red keeper
so that's like 50*50=2500 Stam for a chaser*5=12500 Stam per skill up*6=75000 Stam for a max skilled girl

Sounds legit

Even if that was for the easiest difficulty it's still like 25000 stam

Chaore

« Reply #215 on: January 07, 2014, 05:36:49 AM »
So apparently Angel gets a twinlit Ulti evo too.

It's completely inferior to the regular ulti evo and lacks glasses to boot!

But this makes me wonder if we're sticking twinlit evos on everything now ;w; (mommy no i don't want to run heaven and hell a million times)

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #216 on: January 07, 2014, 06:11:41 AM »
So apparently Angel gets a twinlit Ulti evo too.

It's completely inferior to the regular ulti evo and lacks glasses to boot!

But this makes me wonder if we're sticking twinlit evos on everything now ;w; (mommy no i don't want to run heaven and hell a million times)

I'm tempted to see what a 2/6/1 healer team can do though. That said, I'll get the glasses one first. I really want to see what Alraune's and Siren's ults will do.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Chaore

« Reply #217 on: January 07, 2014, 06:13:44 AM »
I'm tempted to see what a 2/6/1 healer team can do though. That said, I'll get the glasses one first. I really want to see what Alraune's and Siren's ults will do.

If siren gets dark type I swear i will go luci and never come back

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #218 on: January 07, 2014, 06:15:49 AM »
If siren gets dark type I swear i will go luci and never come back

You already have drawn joker though. Personally, I'm hoping for green.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Chaore

« Reply #219 on: January 07, 2014, 06:46:10 AM »
You already have drawn joker though. Personally, I'm hoping for green.

Fuck DJ though. His awakenings are pretty bad and his ulti is frankly subpar only helped by the fact he had okayish stats already.

Dragon in Motley HAS put him slightly above the other toy dragons in usefulness because you can now farm him but yeahhh...

Siren, especially if she got buffed as much as angel has, would be a -great- benefit in a Luci team.

I get the sad feeling she might mirror angel and be light though ;w;

« Reply #220 on: January 07, 2014, 07:14:11 AM »
Green would be hilarious though because I would literally have a 5-color mono team. :V

Hell with ulti Kamui I'd even have all 5 represented specifically as sub-elements.

Chaore

« Reply #221 on: January 07, 2014, 07:17:37 AM »
meanwhile triple fucking big demons with a double flash bind on the same god damn piece of shit turn

i swear to god all I want is a stone from a completely trivial dungeon why couldn't luci have gotten bind resist

« Reply #222 on: January 07, 2014, 07:32:35 AM »
pls haku skill ups

PLS

Thanks to GreenVirus for the Siggy.
My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

« Reply #223 on: January 07, 2014, 11:00:36 AM »
so that's like 50*50=2500 Stam for a chaser*5=12500 Stam per skill up*6=75000 Stam for a max skilled girl

Sounds legit

Even if that was for the easiest difficulty it's still like 25000 stam
pls haku skill ups

PLS
e: dammit mobile

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #224 on: January 07, 2014, 01:26:01 PM »
At least you don't have to evo anything for Nebradisk skillups. :V
Yeah this is probably the better option for me, let's be space pony buddies  :toot:
I don't remember what team I used for Legend, I think it was Ares & Dark Friends with resist buddy?  It was the single use for the UFO puzzlemon I've had yet is all I remember.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #225 on: January 07, 2014, 04:58:00 PM »
Wow, what are they thinking with that new angel.
Hey guys! You know how roman leader skills were useless beyond early game and we had to buff them alot only for that entire tree of gods being completely unwanted still for our player picks!? Lets copy and paste those useless leader bonuses on to something for healers thats 10x harder to get than a valkyrie! Best of all since its on healers, the total stats will be inferior to gemeric roman lead team too! Oh yeah, make sure the activated skill still sucks ok?

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #226 on: January 07, 2014, 05:05:43 PM »
Say what you all want, I think she looks awesome and would happily use her. I'm getting kind of tired of all the 'this doesn't satisfy my late game need' whining when hi I'm not in late game yet and getting something obtainable and good for the point I'm at would be pretty fantastic too <_<

That said, the glasses one is Amaterasu Ohkami but with better RCV so I'd be all over that instead. And it's easier to make, too.

« Reply #227 on: January 07, 2014, 05:09:59 PM »
megane is fucking moe

the other one is eh

megane all the way

Edible

« Reply #228 on: January 07, 2014, 05:21:17 PM »
Will upgrade my otherwise-useless cupid to Glasses Moe Angel because she's cute.  OTHER REASONS ARE IRRELEVANT.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #229 on: January 07, 2014, 05:26:45 PM »
Say what you all want, I think she looks awesome and would happily use her. I'm getting kind of tired of all the 'this doesn't satisfy my late game need' whining when hi I'm not in late game yet and getting something obtainable and good for the point I'm at would be pretty fantastic too <_<

That said, the glasses one is Amaterasu Ohkami but with better RCV so I'd be all over that instead. And it's easier to make, too.

Well, it's just that by the time by can get the angelits needed for the archangel, you are most likely going to be late-game. Said dungeon doesn't even have a consistent 0-stone build to my knowledge. That said, since healers have monstrous RCV, it might be viable to take an ulted archangel and either another ulted archangel or a valkyrie.

Same problem with the dragons really. By the time you can reliably get them and field them for their team cost, you don't really want them anymore.

Will upgrade my otherwise-useless cupid to Glasses Moe Angel because she's cute.  OTHER REASONS ARE IRRELEVANT.

I would, but Kirin, Verche, and Valkyrie want the light xp. I might do it for Alraune though. I'll need another one though.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #230 on: January 07, 2014, 07:53:00 PM »

Point is it is NOT obtainable until you're tackling mythicals...

Chaore

« Reply #231 on: January 07, 2014, 10:16:12 PM »
Wow, what are they thinking with that new angel.
Hey guys! You know how roman leader skills were useless beyond early game and we had to buff them alot only for that entire tree of gods being completely unwanted still for our player picks!? Lets copy and paste those useless leader bonuses on to something for healers thats 10x harder to get than a valkyrie! Best of all since its on healers, the total stats will be inferior to gemeric roman lead team too! Oh yeah, make sure the activated skill still sucks ok?

I get the feeling the buffs were to make them better Subs more than anything actually :v Gungho doesn't give a proper shit for anyone outside of their burst meta anymore. That said while it didn't change their numbers (Which given super Yomi, could have been a thing it seems if it was done later) it sure as hell made them stronger, and they're probably easier to use in the descends and specials you can use them in, so the ulti actually really helped- they're just still at odds with the burst meta.

2/6/1 is also a type of team we've never seen before too- I don't have much hope for it though, a potential x18 with king slime is still pretty weak and x6 still isn't big game numbers. The added tankyness is still tied to a relatively low HP team too so it won't do major things.

I wonder if one of the girls will get a norse wannabee skill. x2 Rcv ho!

Also as a sub Light/Light Angel could be okay for burst actually. She's high attack, and her active is useful for Metatron if you need to pop to full after an accident (Moreso than quick heal because she's on color -and- easier to skill up) My problem is she drops way more HP for that attack and only really seems to come with a better stat spread as a leader. It's a thing though.

Light/Water is straight up the better Leader imo though. And also straight up way hotter oh bby sorry valk i know you want exp but I want my glasses Angel.

I did not catch that Light/Water got a leader upgrade, that's downright sexy actually. If that happens to the other healer girls too... ./whistle.

See the problem is more she's really inferior to her counterpart. Apparently originally Water/Light was the angelit one which makes...sense. She'd be great if you could ulti her normally but you can't.

And yes, Sorry, a lot of us analyze the larger meta of the game then sticking straight to early game. We're sorry this straight up makes you sad that we're not catering strictly to what may effect you and to how a monster effects the game as a whole.

Well, it's just that by the time by can get the angelits needed for the archangel, you are most likely going to be late-game. Said dungeon doesn't even have a consistent 0-stone build to my knowledge. That said, since healers have monstrous RCV, it might be viable to take an ulted archangel and either another ulted archangel or a valkyrie.

It's a descend, it won't have a far too consistent 0-stone alright :v

See above for what I think of 2/6/1 builds.

4/4/1 Healer won't work because Healers tend to be defunct on Hp. Yeah they'll have okay (Not really good enough still) RCV for stalling but their HP will be really really low for stall. They'll be pseudo luci-ish if they run King Shynee too, which could make them work because they have a burst option- but Luci really thrives off of dual luci and Shynee is a really big stat weakspot as well. I can't think up a straight up build for 4/4/1 at the moment since i'm still recovering for heavy sleep dep but I don't really see it.

It'll straight up be worse than Luci AND harder to build so yeah I don't see it being popular atleast.

Edible

« Reply #232 on: January 07, 2014, 10:23:33 PM »
And yes, Sorry, a lot of us analyze the larger meta of the game then sticking straight to early game. We're sorry this straight up makes you sad that we're not catering strictly to what may effect you and to how a monster effects the game as a whole.

Okay, uh.  Chaore, you need to knock this sort of thing the fuck off.  It's not called for.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #233 on: January 07, 2014, 10:46:16 PM »

4/4/1 Healer won't work because Healers tend to be defunct on Hp. Yeah they'll have okay (Not really good enough still) RCV for stalling but their HP will be really really low for stall. They'll be pseudo luci-ish if they run King Shynee too, which could make them work because they have a burst option- but Luci really thrives off of dual luci and Shynee is a really big stat weakspot as well. I can't think up a straight up build for 4/4/1 at the moment since i'm still recovering for heavy sleep dep but I don't really see it.

It'll straight up be worse than Luci AND harder to build so yeah I don't see it being popular atleast.

True, it may not give like Kirin levels of awesome, thinking about it, what if people didn't team with Valkyrie? How about Bastet or metatron instead? That allows for a multiplier of 2-8 or 7, with 24 or 21 being if you run King Shynee. I'm thinking something like: Arch-Valkyrie-Angelion/Siren/Coc Healer-Echidna-King Shynee. Maybe not the best team ever, but it's not like she'll be useless. This is assuming you didn't get anything interesting from the rare egg machine.

Personally, I think Alraune will get the Atk/RCV thing.

Also, like Edible said, you should probably chill out a bit.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #234 on: January 07, 2014, 10:54:26 PM »

Yeah because we're all at endgame good to know

Seriously, are you even listening to the things you're saying? Knock it off.

Edible

« Reply #236 on: January 08, 2014, 01:10:13 PM »
Anubis is too cool.

« Reply #237 on: January 08, 2014, 01:12:14 PM »
in other news, Isis is now +210

only 87 more +eggs to go :derp:

(kinda wish I didn't give 42 of em to Echidna way back when)

Edible

« Reply #238 on: January 08, 2014, 01:14:36 PM »
(kinda wish I didn't give 42 of em to Echidna way back when)

Her ult evo is gonna come out and you'll be like YES PLUS EGGS WILL GO HERE.

« Reply #239 on: January 08, 2014, 01:16:58 PM »
only if her subtype isn't light, which it most likely will be

yay angelit gives everyone a light type what a great help for egyptian teams

on the other hand if ecchi uses a devilit and goes to the dark side instead then omg