Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 -12F  (Read 243472 times)

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 -12F
« Reply #240 on: February 10, 2014, 04:30:31 AM »
Alright, thank you.

A few more questions: Is there any point to farming FOEs? Aside from achievements and such.

Also, anybody has any tips to floor 10? It's the start of the desert strata which probably means that
Spoiler:
orin
won't be as effective of a trash cleaner as she was being in the jungle strata. Note: I haven't actually tried it I'm stopping for now.

Also, have this picture of
Spoiler:
Tenshi
paralyzing my Reimu at 9999 ATB[/url].

And I've heard about a "Jewel of Great Awakening", what is the difference between that and the regular Jewel of Awakening?

Funny moment of the day:
Spoiler:
Orin
procs Extra Attack... 8 times in a row. Unfortunately it was in a concentrate but hell that would've been AWESOME if it was in a boss fight.

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
  • I have returned from the nothingness once more...
« Reply #241 on: February 10, 2014, 04:32:19 AM »
Yup

http://i.imgur.com/NIHSwTN.png

Hooray!

By the way, has anyone noticed that Marisa has some seriously long hair in her portrait?
There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

Sahgren

« Reply #242 on: February 10, 2014, 05:04:19 AM »
That seems to be a habit of this artist. Hair is either shoulder or knee length.

A few more questions: Is there any point to farming FOEs? Aside from achievements and such.

Also, anybody has any tips to floor 10? It's the start of the desert strata which probably means that
Spoiler:
orin
won't be as effective of a trash cleaner as she was being in the jungle strata. Note: I haven't actually tried it I'm stopping for now.

And I've heard about a "Jewel of Great Awakening", what is the difference between that and the regular Jewel of Awakening?

You need to beat 30 FOE to recruit
Spoiler:
Flandre

Nature and Cold worked particularly well throughout the entire desert strata for my runs.

I'm fairly certain the Great Awakening never gets used up, so you can just throw a subclass on everybody.

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #243 on: February 10, 2014, 05:10:56 AM »
Alright, thank you.

Early F.O.Es give decent experience when you can fight them, and they also tend to have good/decent items as well for that point in the game, like the GetItUp V. That is, if you're willing to try and farm them.

ShiroiMahotsukai

• White Mage with a Twist
« Reply #244 on: February 10, 2014, 08:53:55 PM »
A UK debit card is indeed sufficient to purchase from Melonbooks.

In other news the base game is v1.130 can I go straight to patch 1.203 or do I need to update in stages? Also how do I add the Translation patch?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 09:23:52 PM by ShiroiMahotsukai »
"The eyes are the windows that let us gaze upon the soul"

jaxter0987

• Umiiro Shoujo ni Miserarete
  • Umi is love, Umi is life
« Reply #245 on: February 10, 2014, 09:47:43 PM »
A UK debit card is indeed sufficient to purchase from Melonbooks.

In other news the base game is v1.130 can I go straight to patch 1.203 or do I need to update in stages? Also how do I add the Translation patch?
You should be able to patch straight through to 1.203.

The translation patch is simply a matter of copying over the executable and running that. You'll need to get the translated image files from the first post of the translation thread as well though.

ShiroiMahotsukai

« Reply #246 on: February 13, 2014, 01:10:40 AM »
Patching straight through works fine and thanks for the information about the image files.

In other news Rumia is amazing! My main DPS against the F.O.Es on 2nd and 3rd floors. In the latter case Dark Side of the Moon was the only thing that could deal any damage to it because of mind piercing. With buffing from Keine and speed and mind debuffs from Cirno and Kogasa(probably unneeded) respectively it went down to spamming of DSotM at level 9. It did oneshot anyone it hit however and I was terrified Chen was gonna fight me afterwords.

Thata no Guykoro

• I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
« Reply #247 on: February 14, 2014, 05:44:28 AM »
 So I've beaten
Spoiler:
the mirror
- thanks for the advice, everyone - and now I've got to deal with
Spoiler:
the magatama

This time around I've got some solid tanks (Momiji and Youmu - turns out that with skills, levelup bonuses, and equipment, the halfghost is a surprisingly solid wall), but my main issue is
Spoiler:
being unable to do enough damage before the HP-reduction and multi-target attacks whittle me down.

I've got Kasen,
Spoiler:
Sakuya
, and Rumia to switch in and out as main damage dealers, as well as Nitori and
Spoiler:
]Utsuho
to nuke; anyone else who would be good to bring along?

Sahgren

« Reply #248 on: February 14, 2014, 07:52:08 AM »
If you're just looking for character suggestions: The magatama is weak to Dark, so
Spoiler:
Reisen
pulls double duty with both debuffing and damage. Orin does too with a bit less emphasis on the debuffing.

Cat

« Reply #249 on: February 15, 2014, 12:18:24 PM »
I'm kinda guilty of making this account just to ask this, but can someone please direct me to the v1.203 download? I've spend 3 hours now looking for it, and I can't find it :<

Gesh86

• Buddha may forgive you...
  • but Byakuren won't!
« Reply #250 on: February 15, 2014, 12:59:19 PM »
I'm kinda guilty of making this account just to ask this, but can someone please direct me to the v1.203 download? I've spend 3 hours now looking for it, and I can't find it :<

The newest patch is on the developer's homepage, but not yet in the section of LoT2. If you're on the main site (http://www.geocities.jp/aaa_3peso/), scroll down a little until you see the December 19th blogpost. That's where the two links are.

Oh, a direct download mirror is also in here, on page 1 of the thread...

Cat

« Reply #251 on: February 15, 2014, 01:03:32 PM »
The newest patch is on the developer's homepage, but not yet in the section of LoT2. If you're on the main site (http://www.geocities.jp/aaa_3peso/), scroll down a little until you see the December 19th blogpost. That's where the two links are.

Oh, a direct download mirror is also in here, on page 1 of the thread...

I am so stupid for not seeing those mirrors at the first page  :V

Thank you sincerely  :3

« Reply #252 on: February 15, 2014, 04:28:19 PM »
excuse me
how can i pass this rock ? i dont understand ... work 88 times?
http://imageshack.com/a/img543/9819/2xmu.png
thank you ^_^

ShiroiMahotsukai

« Reply #253 on: February 15, 2014, 07:44:36 PM »
Get 88 or more achievements I believe that one means.

Clearing floor 5 now at lv16 and Komachi and Kogasa just destroyed that fire crystal. With high fire resistance and the Edokko God of Death on Komachi and Forgotten Item on Kogasa damage piled up everyone time someone else charged in but was unable to switch out and got killed while Kogasa seemed reliably able to inflict Terror despite it's resistance so kept herself buffed and used little MP. Poison wouldn't stick and Wriggle got one-shotted however so it was a long fight.

Went back to the shrine afterwards and realised that I had three levels of exp stocked up. I keep forgetting to go back there.

Does anyone know what chance the Main equips that inflict ailment have? Silence on Youmu hits almost every time against a variety of enemies and yet I've never seem Heavy hit anyone - Aya has this one if it matters.

Sahgren

« Reply #254 on: February 15, 2014, 07:52:40 PM »
excuse me
how can i pass this rock ? i dont understand ... work 88 times?
http://imageshack.com/a/img543/9819/2xmu.png
thank you ^_^

If I remember correctly, it was stated that you have to create 88 items at Nitori's for that one. The wording is just as obscure in Japanese, so it isn't just a translation misstep.

ZXNova

• Life is an explosion!
« Reply #255 on: February 15, 2014, 08:57:23 PM »
So I'm on the 12th floor and I'm really having a problem with the Shining Mirror. This is my first playthrough of the game, and I never played LoT1 before. Now putting that information aside, I noticed that at the beginning of the battle, the mirror is doing basically no damage after I buff up Koma's and Meiling's mind with Reimu's and Keine's defense buffs. In fact, some attacks deal 0 damage. This is when they have about 70%+ Mind. However, I'm not sure if it's when I get the boss to half HP, or after a certain amount of turns, it just suddenly does loads of damage. Even with 100% Mind Koma and Meiling are taking 1000+ damage from it's AoE physical attack, and they're resistant too! And don't forget about the Ancient Curse, oh god. I'm playing at the recommended level too. Any advice that can be given?
(And since this is my first run, I'm pretty sure I've done some stupid things already.)

Cat

« Reply #256 on: February 15, 2014, 10:10:14 PM »
Aaaaagh.. I think I got myself stuck on 17F..

Heeeelp ;A;

ZXNova

• Life is an explosion!
« Reply #257 on: February 15, 2014, 11:41:00 PM »
Well, I managed to beat the Shining Mirror finally. I just had to switch Meiling for Parsee. Meiling just doesn't have good enough dark and mystic resistance to deal with that thing. Even if you try to mintage it with items, she'll have no shock resistance. So switching to Parsee meant much more mind, already very dark and mystic resistance, and I just gotta simply fix her shock resistance. I also had to use Sakuya and Aya's speed buffs more. Those speed buffs really helped near the end when the mirror destroyed everyone's mana.  Just had to allow Kaguya enough time to replenish her mana, then switched her in and out to use her Swallow's Shell or whatever it's called. Did about 10k per hit, got rid of it. Now off to the Magatama.

But since this is a help thread, I do have another question.

What do all the statuses do the bosses/enemies exactly? Besides the obvious ones like poison, paralysis, and shock.

Cat

« Reply #258 on: February 16, 2014, 09:57:43 AM »
What do all the statuses do the bosses/enemies exactly? Besides the obvious ones like poison, paralysis, and shock.

If I recall correctly, SIL lowers MAG and MND, HVY lowers AGI(spd) and TRR lowers ATK and DEF. I think Poison and Paralysis also reduced some stats, but not sure which.

Edit; Holy heck, Just encountered a
Spoiler:
Golden Mushroom
on 17F. Are there any more of these? What do they do?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 10:03:41 AM by Cat »

Gesh86

• Buddha may forgive you...
  • but Byakuren won't!
« Reply #259 on: February 16, 2014, 12:49:56 PM »
Aaaaagh.. I think I got myself stuck on 17F..

Gets you straight where you need to be, without any more teleport-choices afterwards.

Cat

« Reply #260 on: February 16, 2014, 03:28:46 PM »
Thank you for helping me once again, Gesh.

ShiroiMahotsukai

« Reply #261 on: February 17, 2014, 12:35:19 AM »
Is it worth attempting to beat Tenshi on 6F? I'm lv22 so obviously I can't pierce her defences even when fully debuffed and she's one-shotting my characters. She has some great drops but are any of them uniqueworth the hideous amount of grinding it'd take to survive long enough for poison to do its job?

Sahgren

« Reply #262 on: February 17, 2014, 01:19:19 AM »
The Weekly Item Discovery Den and Small Discount Sets will be lost forever, but those just give extra 1.6% drop rate on items and a 1% discount. Personally, I'd say those aren't worth it. It's ultimately up to you though; you'll need to get into the mid 30s at least to have a shot and 40+ if you don't want to rely on luck.

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #263 on: February 17, 2014, 01:39:02 AM »
6F Tenshi will still drop 3 items if you manage to deal some damage before she runs away (about half of her HP, I think).
The other drops you can get when you defeat her is powerful, but you can get them in infinite quantities in later floors.
Signature

« Reply #264 on: February 17, 2014, 07:43:18 PM »
so the boss rush didnt spawn on client with english patch ....
my client with english patch is 1.151
do we have english patch for 1.203 ?
sorry for my bad english

Sahgren

« Reply #265 on: February 18, 2014, 08:44:17 AM »
It takes a bit of digging, but you can find the 1.203 English patch in this thread.

« Reply #266 on: February 18, 2014, 05:42:46 PM »
I've got a couple of questions. One is just that I'm not entirely sure mine patched right. I ran the patch as is recommended, but when I start up the game, it still has the previous version at the top of the window? It reads 1.151 on startup.

Also, does anyone have any tips on how to make poor Youmu work? I pump everything I can into her attack and try to use her as a 2nd slot off tank but she never does as much damage as nearly anyone else, even when buffed.

It sounds like there's some post-game content now, too, so I guess that's what to get started on after beating the final boss?
"Let's live our lives heroically,
Let's live them with style..."

Sahgren

« Reply #267 on: February 18, 2014, 08:37:20 PM »
1. I've got a couple of questions. One is just that I'm not entirely sure mine patched right. I ran the patch as is recommended, but when I start up the game, it still has the previous version at the top of the window? It reads 1.151 on startup.

2. Also, does anyone have any tips on how to make poor Youmu work? I pump everything I can into her attack and try to use her as a 2nd slot off tank but she never does as much damage as nearly anyone else, even when buffed.

3. It sounds like there's some post-game content now, too, so I guess that's what to get started on after beating the final boss?

1. Did you update both the Japanese version and English version up to 1.203? I'm not too certain about how the English patch works, but it may require you to have the Japanese version up to date as well. Mine currently reads as 1.203 on both.

2. If you're specializing Youmu in offence, you're going to want to switch her to the back line and re-switch her to the front line at your soonest possible convenience after she attacks. Youmu's fast, but not fast enough to make up for her high delay attacks. Swapping her out and in lets her get in more hits by resetting her timebar to 7500.

3. Might as well.

« Reply #268 on: February 19, 2014, 01:52:56 PM »
Hello everyone, i'm here to have help for a.. little problem with the text, i don't know if i'm the only one, or i'm missing a font, but.. Simply put, text are too long and get cut off.

... Or to explain in a single image :

http://puu.sh/729e9.jpg

And it's happen for a lot of skills, achievement, and some item. That kinda annoying.

But i guess i'm missing a font? I didn't found it in the english patch folder. Can someone help me please?

Thanks you.

( I know i've alerdy posted this in the translation project, but if it's annoy some people, then i'll delete this post. )

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #269 on: February 19, 2014, 02:56:41 PM »
The translation patch is in a fairly rough state, so it's just like that. Nothing to really do about it.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore