Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 -12F  (Read 240748 times)

jaxter0987

• Umiiro Shoujo ni Miserarete
  • Umi is love, Umi is life
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 -12F
« Reply #120 on: December 28, 2013, 05:00:26 AM »
Thanks, m8

Here's the full thing if anyone wants.
(http://www.mediafire.com/download/5pnxoh24gv504rb/LoT2+CharaGraph+for+LoT1.rar)
I guess I should consider remaking my LoT1 CharaGraph using LoT2 art myself.

I just now realized that all of LoT1 characters have returned in LoT2.

Edit: Phew, that took awhile. Anyways, the reason why I didn't just use yours is that a lot of the characters were cut off by the stats on the right side of the screen in the status window. That and I tend to be very particular about how I want things to look.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 08:30:01 AM by jaxter0987 »

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #121 on: December 28, 2013, 12:30:06 PM »
Is there already an English patch for LoT2? I don't really want to start playing it if I can't read anything.

« Reply #122 on: December 28, 2013, 01:33:37 PM »
Is there already an English patch for LoT2? I don't really want to start playing it if I can't read anything.

You can follow http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,15439.0.html.

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
  • I have returned from the nothingness once more...
« Reply #123 on: December 28, 2013, 09:39:55 PM »
Yo, everyone. If anyone cares about level up rates info for the remaining characters from the JP wiki and is too lazy to look there themselves, well... (I'm putting everything under a spoiler tag for the sake of spoilers...)

Spoiler:
Chen: 42
Nitori: 53
Parsee: 54
Wriggle: 52
Kaguya: 71
Mokou: 61
Nazrin: 60
Hina: 51
Orin: 58
Satori: 68
Yuugi: 64
Suika: 69
Kanako: 69
Tenshi: 62
Yuyuko: 64
Yukari: 67
Eiki: 60

Renko and Maribel are not listed at this time...

There you go.

Note that if this info is inaccurate for any reason, then it isn't my fault that it is so. Blame the JP wiki for being out of date.
There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #124 on: December 29, 2013, 02:23:40 AM »
*sigh* So, I am an idiot for forgetting(If it was mentioned) or not knowing that the Strengthened
Spoiler:
Golden Orb of Reverse Time
, or any of them have now full resistance to Death... Never again try to use instant death on bosses... Lesson learned...

jaxter0987

« Reply #125 on: December 29, 2013, 04:49:42 AM »
*sigh* So, I am an idiot for forgetting(If it was mentioned) or not knowing that the Strengthened
Spoiler:
Golden Orb of Reverse Time
, or any of them have now full resistance to Death... Never again try to use instant death on bosses... Lesson learned...
They're bosses so I just assume they're always immune to Death. Pretty sure it was never mentioned whether or not they were vulnerable to Death.

I really shouldn't have been able to beat them the way I did.
Spoiler:
I forgot that the Golden Orb of Reverse Time and Golden Orb of Canopy both explode for ~80k damage when they're the only orbs left. Completely lucked out with Aya evading the blast.

« Reply #126 on: December 29, 2013, 04:56:04 AM »
Spoiler:
I forgot that the Golden Orb of Reverse Time and Golden Orb of Canopy both explode for ~80k damage when they're the only orbs left. Completely lucked out with Aya evading the blast.

Spoiler:
Explosion is based on their current hp, after the first explosion, they are left with 1 hp, if they use explosion again without any form of gaining hp, they will do 1 damage (this also applies for any other mobs you meet throughout the game).

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #127 on: December 29, 2013, 10:53:39 PM »
They're bosses so I just assume they're always immune to Death. Pretty sure it was never mentioned whether or not they were vulnerable to Death.
Bad assuming then, one of the normal ones was not. The first boss and one of these bees weren't too resistant to death.

jaxter0987

« Reply #128 on: December 30, 2013, 03:48:29 AM »
Bad assuming then, one of the normal ones was not. The first boss and one of these bees weren't too resistant to death.
Those two were some of the first bosses so it didn't matter that they weren't immune to Death. Even their Strengthen versions weren't that hard to require capitalizing it, though I certainly abused it for the Evil Nut Eater. If there was some challenging boss (*coughs* Shredding Amneseri) that wasn't immune to Death and I assumed so, then it would have been a bad assumption.

It was the Paralyzing Wasp not the Poisoning Wasp, which is why the Strengthen version of the paralyzing one is a joke compared to the poisoning one.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 03:50:54 AM by jaxter0987 »

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #129 on: December 30, 2013, 03:06:38 PM »
You just said what I tried to say in my previous post. lol.

That aside, what's with that new update on the official site? There is no new patch, but... Something about a trial of a "幻想紀行" on Comiket 85...

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
  • I feed on your tears...
« Reply #130 on: December 30, 2013, 07:02:55 PM »

That aside, what's with that new update on the official site? There is no new patch, but... Something about a trial of a "幻想紀行" on Comiket 85...
It's the trial for another game they are making with CUBE TYPE http://www.cubetype.com/ (it's the down right image on the top 4 images). It's an action RPG that looks to be more like Youyou Kengeki Musou (dat 3D Youmu game (which btw, the 3D Remilia demo they made for C84 was amazing, I'm looking forward to the full version)).

I think the only thing they are selling for LoT2 is just the full version of it, with the most recent patch (the Append Disk, as they call it)
I stared into the abyss, and the abyss didn't stare back. Even the void doesn't want to be my friend :(

Now working with Touhou-Online in French

jaxter0987

« Reply #131 on: December 31, 2013, 02:13:57 AM »
Mind if I ask you to clarify? I'm having trouble understanding your thought process.
(If you don't feel like it or whatever, just ignore this.)

Sequence of events as I understand it:
  • You mentioned bosses and whether or not some were immune Death.
  • I said I assumed they were all immune.
  • You said that it was a bad assumption, since there were some bosses that weren't immune.
  • I said that its not a bad assumption because those bosses weren't particularly difficult.

So what exactly were you trying to say in your previous post(s)? None of them sound like what my posts are saying O.O

I think the only thing they are selling for LoT2 is just the full version of it, with the most recent patch (the Append Disk, as they call it)
Do you think its safe to assume that 1.203 is the final patch unless they make a "Plus Disk" for LoT2 then?

« Reply #132 on: December 31, 2013, 11:00:25 AM »
Hello, it's been a while and due to being busy with other stuff I haven't looked much into LoT2 at all yet.

Is the game completely translated already?
There's no link to an english patch on the wiki page, so I guess it isn't? Is it still being worked on?

jaxter0987

« Reply #133 on: December 31, 2013, 11:41:39 AM »
Hello, it's been a while and due to being busy with other stuff I haven't looked much into LoT2 at all yet.

Is the game completely translated already?
There's no link to an english patch on the wiki page, so I guess it isn't? Is it still being worked on?
The English patch is still currently being worked on, though there is a partial patch that has most things translated except the story and a few new items and events from the newest patch.

You can follow the translation thread here

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #134 on: December 31, 2013, 05:15:18 PM »
So, I'm trying to get Achievement 38, the one which requires you to defeat all FOEs before one respawns. I've defeated the FOEs: 1 on Floor 2, 1 on Floor 3, 1 on Floor 4, 2 on Floor 5(one of them is 8 eyed serpent which is also on Floor 4), 1 on floor 7, 1 on floor 8, 2 on floor 10, 1 on floor 15 and 1 on floor 16. Am I missing something here or must I find someway to fight
Spoiler:
Yuugi
as well...?

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #135 on: December 31, 2013, 05:18:35 PM »
No, you're missing one on 17F.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #136 on: January 01, 2014, 12:22:29 AM »
By the way is this ( http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/6885/g74y.png ) the complete map for the 9F, including the extra area? Because looking at the files on the data folder, it seems there is more walkable area, however it looks like it is inaccessible... At least directly. So I'm asking this to confirm. Is it accessible now and I've missed something or is what I've found possibly for a later patch?

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #137 on: January 01, 2014, 12:49:49 AM »
By the way is this ( http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/6885/g74y.png ) the complete map for the 9F, including the extra area? Because looking at the files on the data folder, it seems there is more walkable area, however it looks like it is inaccessible... At least directly. So I'm asking this to confirm. Is it accessible now and I've missed something or is what I've found possibly for a later patch?
It's not accessible right now. They might have plans with it for a later patch, or might decide to do nothing with it (kinda like the 22F that was in the txt dump in 1.151, but got dumped in the most recent patch)

Do you think its safe to assume that 1.203 is the final patch unless they make a "Plus Disk" for LoT2 then?
They will maybe get a few more for bug fixes? but in terms of big content patches, I don't think we'll be seeing another one, at least, not in the next few months, unless they announce something on their website (because they are also working on another game, so they have to concentrate their efforts there too)
I stared into the abyss, and the abyss didn't stare back. Even the void doesn't want to be my friend :(

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #138 on: January 01, 2014, 03:13:35 AM »
Patches 1.2+ are the plus disk of LoT2, as kuilfrayt said. It is the "Append Disk". Only this time they were wise enough to make a free patch for the people who bought the game.

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #139 on: January 01, 2014, 03:52:54 AM »
No, it isn't.

The developers planned to release a Append Disk for Comiket 85, but they didn't have enough time to make one after releasing a big-content patch in December.
So they tried to make a trial version of the Append Disk for Comiket, but they didn't have enough time to make that, too.
Signature

jaxter0987

« Reply #140 on: January 01, 2014, 04:20:38 AM »
Isn't Great Catastrophe supposed to target the MP of every member of your party and not just the frontline? Staring Igmaruji just used it and it only took away MP from the frontline...

Edit: Same thing happened with Great Calamity but with HP. Did they change this in the most recent patch? 0.0
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 04:24:24 AM by jaxter0987 »

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #141 on: January 01, 2014, 04:33:18 AM »
No, it isn't.

The developers planned to release a Append Disk for Comiket 85, but they didn't have enough time to make one after releasing a big-content patch in December.
So they tried to make a trial version of the Append Disk for Comiket, but they didn't have enough time to make that, too.

Oh my, I guess I read that wrong then. So we should expect more content soon then

jaxter0987

« Reply #142 on: January 01, 2014, 06:26:20 AM »
Um... the final boss just dropped Orujasu Shamshir...

I'm going to try to reproduce it but I'm pretty sure he's not supposed to drop anything (Unless you happen to be fighting the Strengthen version which I wasn't).
It doesn't drop any items (other than those usual stat gems), the Godly Katana is actually added to your inventory after the first time you defeated the strengthen version.
That's what I thought, so I'm wondering how I randomly got another Orujasu Shamshir while fighting it. So far, I haven't been able to reproduce it but I'll keep trying. I needed more Stat gems anyway. I'll also take back what I said earlier about the final boss not dropping HP TP and MP gems. Seems like I was just unlucky.
I'm an idiot, the Guardian Statues of Heaven were the ones that dropped the Orujasu Shamshir.

Isn't Great Catastrophe supposed to target the MP of every member of your party and not just the frontline? Staring Igmaruji just used it and it only took away MP from the frontline...

Edit: Same thing happened with Great Calamity but with HP. Did they change this in the most recent patch? 0.0
It seems the moves the final boss uses are different than Great Catastrophe and Great Calamity. The version the final boss uses indeed targets everyone. The fact that the move wasn't translated should have clued me into the fact that it might be a new move.

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
« Reply #143 on: January 01, 2014, 07:56:15 AM »
It seems the moves the final boss uses are different than Great Catastrophe and Great Calamity. The version the final boss uses indeed targets everyone. The fact that the move wasn't translated should have clued me into the fact that it might be a new move.

Then, the version of those attacks that every other boss has been using is supposed to only target the entire frontline, and not the people in reserve?

That sounds like a real lightening up on the difficulty in that case, not that I'm complaining.

Edit: Since I just found out that leaving a table in a set of quotes makes it impossible to quote properly, and I have two things to say. One is this information:

Level up Rates for the Characters that don't have them listed on the Touhou wiki, but are listed in the JP wiki...
Spoiler:
Chen: 42
Nitori: 53
Parsee: 54
Wriggle: 52
Kaguya: 71
Mokou: 61
Nazrin: 60
Hina: 51
Orin: 58
Satori: 68
Yuugi: 64
Suika: 69
Kanako: 69
Tenshi: 62
Yuyuko: 64
Yukari: 67
Eiki: 60

Renko and Maribel are not listed at this time...

Subclass Growth Rate Boosts

HPATKMAGDEFMNDSPDMPTP
Guardian0.8--0.40.4--4
Monk-----0.6-6
Warrior0.60.40.4----4
Sorcerer--0.4-0.4-22
Healer----0.4-2-
Enhancer----0.4-2-
Hexer-----0.433
Toxicologist0.4-----24
Magician----0.40.26-
Pharmacologist0.8---0.4-24
Strategist---0.40.4-24
Gambler-0.40.4-----
Diva0.4----1.0-4
Transcendant0.30.30.30.30.30.3--

And two is a question. How do I input any of this info into the LoT2 Touhou wiki?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 06:18:41 PM by Kirin no Sora »
There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

jaxter0987

« Reply #144 on: January 01, 2014, 08:08:41 PM »
Then, the version of those attacks that every other boss has been using is supposed to only target the entire frontline, and not the people in reserve?

That sounds like a real lightening up on the difficulty in that case, not that I'm complaining.

Edit: Since I just found out that leaving a table in a set of quotes makes it impossible to quote properly, and I have two things to say. One is this information:

Level up Rates for the Characters that don't have them listed on the Touhou wiki, but are listed in the JP wiki...

Subclass Growth Rate Boosts

And two is a question. How do I input any of this info into the LoT2 Touhou wiki?
Putting the individual level rates for the characters should be really easy and I could (and probably should) go do it right now.

For the subclass information, that should go on the subclasses page but I have no idea how to format it...

Edit: I wish I knew the rating scale for level up difficulties. Might take longer than I expected, since I'm going to have to take note of everyone's level up difficulty value and make an educated guess at how they're ranked (F, E, D, C, B, A, S).

Edit2: Came up with a relatively arbitrary distribution of level up difficulty ranks. I'd like some input before I put these up on the wiki. I tried to make it somewhat like a bell curve.
Spoiler:
S Rank                      A Rank                           B Rank                                    C Rank

Chen 42                   Hina Kagiyama 51         Parsee Mizuhashi 54           Alice Margatroid 59
Cirno 44                   Hong Meiling 52           Reisen Udongein 56             Keine Kamishirasawa 59
Minoriko Aki 48      Reimu Hakurei 52         Rinnosuke Morichika 56      Aya Shameimaru 60
Mystia Lorelei 49    Rumia 52                       Momiji Inubashiri 57           Eiki Shiki Yamaxanadu 60
Kogasa Tatara 50    Wriggle Nightbug 52     Maribel Hearn 57                Marisa Kirisame 60
Renko Usami 50     Nitori Kawashiro 53      Iku Nagae 58                        Nazrin 60
                                                                         Rin Kaenbyou 58                  Sakuya Izayoi 60
                                                                         Sanae Kochiya 58                 Youmu Konpaku 60
                                                                                                                        Eirin Yagokoro 61
                                                                                                                        Fujiwara no Mokou 61
                                                                                                                        Kasen Ibaraki 61
                                                                                                                        Tenshi Hinanawi 62
D Rank                              E Rank                          F Rank

Komachi Onozuka 64      Satori Komeiji 68        Byakuren Hijiri 70
Yuugi Hoshiguma 64       Flandre Scarlet 69       Utsuho Reiuji 70
Yuyuko Saigyouji 64         Kanako Yasaka 69      Kaguya Houraisan 71
Ran Yakumo 67                Suika Ibuki 69             Patchouli Knowledge 71
Yukari Yakumo 67            Suwako Moriya 69
Yuuka Kazami 67              Remilia Scarlet 69
Looking at the list, I'm thinking that I could probably
Spoiler:
Bump Satori up to D rank to make it look more like a bell curve. Of course, I could just keep things as they are and wait until Renko and Maribel get their Level Up Difficulty calculated, since that could change some things. Never mind, my list was missing Yuuka.

Edit3: Does anyone know if characters in your party get more experience than characters left in Gensokyo? (Aside from obvious skill bonuses that affect experience gain.) I figure we could estimate
Spoiler:
Renko's and Maribel's
Level Up Difficulty by comparing them to the other characters.
Edit3.5: Never mind, I forgot that I can just compare them to other characters that have been left in Gensokyo. I've added them to the list with my estimate.

Edit4: Not really related but I just thought of a reason why I should care about Level Up Difficulty (at least in the context of LoT2). If you have a high Level Up Difficulty, each level has more impact on your overall stats. The whole point of characters like Cirno is that they get less stat gain per level but more levels to compensate. So if you're doing a Hardmode run where level caps matter, you should be playing with some of the slower leveling characters.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 10:00:25 PM by jaxter0987 »

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
« Reply #145 on: January 03, 2014, 05:12:42 PM »
I don't personally think that a bell shaped curve in level up rates is going to matter much...

But otherwise, go right ahead and throw that info in.

jaxter0987

« Reply #146 on: January 04, 2014, 12:14:46 AM »
I decided to run through all the characters and readjust their stat growths, affinities and their ratings, and resistances and their ratings.
While using the Level Unification and Level Down Character functions, I ran into this:
[attach=1]
Imagine my surprise when I thought Kasen somehow had a base ATK of  372. Turns out both functions are still buggy as they don't properly take away Skill Points and Level Up Bonuses at times.

I don't personally think that a bell shaped curve in level up rates is going to matter much...

But otherwise, go right ahead and throw that info in.
I just figured I'd stick to the standard. It was my understanding that most rating systems adhere to a bell curve. I'll likely end up making bell curves for stat growth ratings as well, after I finish adjusting them.

Edit: Just noticing that so far (I've done the first two character pages) everyone has been buffed for the most part. I particularly noticed that Cirno, while getting slightly debuffed in HP, had everything else buffed and 24 more base EVA. Looks like they're trying to make the baka more viable. However, due to affinity changes Cirno now has the worst weighted total affinity.

Ouch, Hina took a huge hit to her SPI affinity...
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 01:19:06 AM by jaxter0987 »

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #147 on: January 04, 2014, 12:48:55 AM »
I decided to run through all the characters and readjust their stat growths, affinities and their ratings, and resistances and their ratings.
While using the Level Unification and Level Down Character functions, I ran into this:
[attach=1]
Imagine my surprise when I thought Kasen somehow had a base ATK of  372. Turns out both functions are still buggy as they don't properly take away Skill Points and Level Up Bonuses at times.
I don't know if I would call this "buggy", but more "not made to work like that". The way I see it (and maybe that's just because I'm not great at programming), but having the program memorize every skill/bonus points you spend, in the order they are spent, might be too complex for the game. The way they could've done it would have been to reset your skill/bonus points allocation every time you level down a character, but that would get annoying after a while, the management in Hard Mode would become way too long and bothersome in my opinion.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #148 on: January 04, 2014, 01:08:43 AM »
Yeah, more or less you still get a minor bonus from overleveling via an extra few skill points and level up bonuses to allocate to stats. When it was bugged was when it was first introduced, and didn't calculate the numbers properly at all, making it so repeatedly unifying the party level up and down gave the characters infinitely increasing points to use >>
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

jaxter0987

« Reply #149 on: January 04, 2014, 01:29:26 AM »
I don't know if I would call this "buggy", but more "not made to work like that". The way I see it (and maybe that's just because I'm not great at programming), but having the program memorize every skill/bonus points you spend, in the order they are spent, might be too complex for the game. The way they could've done it would have been to reset your skill/bonus points allocation every time you level down a character, but that would get annoying after a while, the management in Hard Mode would become way too long and bothersome in my opinion.
I could see how challenging it would be for the program to work the way I imagined it.
I'm not exactly stellar in programming myself (evident by the fact that I hadn't considered the technical limitations the game might have).

It's not hard to fix the problem using in game methods, just bothersome to do so. I have to manually take away the level up bonuses and use the Magic Library's Skill Reset function (after the character's been leveled down to 1) to get the proper number of Skill Points. Doing this a few times already irks me but since I've started already, I'll follow through and finish the rest of the characters.

Not quite related but having a limited number of Tomes of Reincarnation is also a bother, since I suddenly remembered that status ups from the Magic Library affect a stat's growth rate.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 01:33:32 AM by jaxter0987 »