Author Topic: Suwako no Danmaku Pyonpyon Daisansaku by UTGSoftware is now FREE!  (Read 5399 times)

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
The first of two Suwapyon games is now free to download! The announcement can be found here. The download for the game can be found here. Just click on the link where it says "○ダウンロード37.8 MB (39,648,297 バイト)."

For those who aren't familiar with the games, it is a 3D bullet hell that was released in 2010 at Comiket 79. The game is solidly built, has built in replay support and high scores - all in all it's just interesting to try to hop through hoops of danmaku. There are a total of 6 difficulties to flail through, with the game even having a Total Last Boss. All in all, it's definitely worth checking out.

Visit #sokumaidens on irc.ppirc.net for discussion and matchmaking for a wide variety of fighting games!
Feel free to message me if you need anything!

Arcorann

• hey catgirl
  • Surprisingly unkempt
Re: Suwako no Danmaku Pyonpyon Daisansaku by UTGSoftware is now FREE!
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 04:35:51 AM »
I saw this mentioned a couple of days ago, but back then it still linked to suwapyon_trial.zip, so I wasn't sure what was going on. Let's see how my new computer handles this.

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 03:00:21 AM »
Has anyone figured out the gameplay mechanics yet?

Here are a few things I've noticed:

- Point items add .01 to your life. If you're hit, you lose 1.00 - graze/200  (.40 minimum, I think). Yes, for some reason, graze reduces damage.
- PIV starts at 50,000 on Easy, 100,000 Normal, 150,000 Hard, 200,000 Lunatic, and 300,000 Extra. Coins increase your point item value by 500 on Normal, 250 on Easy (haven't tested anything else).
- Grazing increases your point item value somehow; it seems to affect both the value directly and the rate of increase. I think there's a multiplier involved.
- PIV decreases significantly if you're hit. I don't think it's affected by bombing.
- The PIV seems to reach a cap if you go for a while without being hit, but the cap increases somehow as the game goes on. I think it's something like PCB's cherry/cherrymax. It's hard to tell what increases this cap, though, with the PIV not visibly displayed except when you collect a point item. However, I think it's related to graze somehow...
- The number of items dropped after each boss phase seems to depend on how quickly you finished that phase. So stalling for graze is probably not worth it on later bosses; it might actually be worth spending bombs on a few phases if it happens to give you additional items.

It seems to me that scoring in this game would be MoF-like: primarily about not being hit, then about using spare bombs on stages for point items. Not sure, though.

Also I noticed there's a stage 7 on the replay screen. Anyone know when it's relevant?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 07:31:21 AM by Karisa »

Arcorann

• hey catgirl
  • Surprisingly unkempt
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2013, 07:21:53 AM »
Stage 7 appears on Ultra difficulty. The PIV formula is in the manual.

I'll write up this stuff on the wiki some point soon.

Darth_Sirov

• Gensou Rounin
  • Profile Loading... Please Wait Warmly.
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2013, 02:19:24 PM »
I just tried this and died quite a lot even on easy. I am still learning how and when to jump. Fun game though.

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
  • and think about what you're doing
    • Music interests and whatnot
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2013, 02:37:19 PM »
For those not in the know, Stage 7 is (boss-only and) lifted directly from the final boss of Royal Edoma Engine, which was made on the same engine.

e; modified to include vid
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 12:58:03 AM by Soichiro W.K. »
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2013, 11:55:47 PM »
Quote from: Soichiro W.K.
I would say the name but I forgot as to what it was
You mean "Royal Edoma Engine" (王立エドマエンジン)? Yeah, that's one of PlatineDispositif's games. A number of UTG's works take after or refer to them in some way or another.

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
  • and think about what you're doing
    • Music interests and whatnot
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2013, 12:56:39 AM »
You mean "Royal Edoma Engine" (王立エドマエンジン)? Yeah, that's one of PlatineDispositif's games. A number of UTG's works take after or refer to them in some way or another.

Yes, there we go. Thanks. Editing my post accordingly...
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Monkeypro257

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2013, 07:03:32 AM »
Just did a Blind Run on the game in Normal mode. Passed it and was a lot of fun. :D (Despite Reimu, almost killing me >_>) When I went to the Extra stage, I quickly lost all lives at Kogasa, but I somehow managed to make it to Satori.