Author Topic: Post EVO Hype - Fighting Game General  (Read 147635 times)

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
  • and think about what you're doing
    • Music interests and whatnot
Re: Post EVO Blues - Fighting Game General | Tournament Results Up
« Reply #420 on: December 19, 2014, 10:55:00 PM »
I'm just going to go ahead and cry at the concept of another fun looking fighting game that probably wont be ported to PC. ;____;

You sure about that? The clicky noises at the 12-second mark sound suspiciously like a keyboard...
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Spotty Len

• The Spottiest Len Around
  • Yuuka Master Race
« Reply #421 on: December 19, 2014, 11:15:05 PM »
You sure about that? The clicky noises at the 12-second mark sound suspiciously like a keyboard...
Those are arcade buttons sounds.

EDIT : Unless that was sarcasm, and I'm an idiot.

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
« Reply #422 on: December 19, 2014, 11:18:58 PM »
Those are arcade buttons sounds.

EDIT : Unless that was sarcasm, and I'm an idiot.

No, t'wasnt sarcasm. It's just that I've been watching a lot of RobinLSL's StB vids and the clicky keyboardness was brought to mind here.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 11:26:07 PM by Soichiro W. »
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #423 on: December 31, 2014, 02:09:20 PM »
Apparently Saya from Saya No Uta is playable in that Nitro+ game. Don't know how I feel about that (actually I do, and it's "strong reservations"). Also after seeing gameplay it occurs to me how weird it is that they picked the stealth-based Phantom who rarely directly fights anyone for the fighting game. Cal probably would have made more sense than Ein for the Phantom character. I assume she's an assist or something.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
« Reply #424 on: December 31, 2014, 10:23:23 PM »
The way I am seeing it, they're just throwing in as many characters from Nitro Royale as possible, given some of the strange series reps.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

« Reply #425 on: January 21, 2015, 03:05:29 AM »
EVO game announcements happening right NOW

Confirmed games:
USF4 (wow such surprise)
UMvC3
Smash4 (rip melee)
GGXrd
KI
MKX
P4U

...and Melee :V :V :V

...and Tekken 7 :V

July 17-19 is the date
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 03:58:49 AM by Suikama »

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #426 on: January 21, 2015, 03:50:42 AM »
...and Tekken 7 :V

Arcade Edition  :V :V :V

Spotty Len

• Yuuka Master Race
« Reply #427 on: January 21, 2015, 09:30:08 AM »
...and Melee :V :V :V
Not surprising, but I'm okay with that.
I mean I'm really happy with that.

P4U instead of UNIEL is gonna make some people really angry though.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 09:38:12 AM by Spotty Ren »

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #428 on: January 21, 2015, 11:35:59 AM »
P4U instead of UNIEL is gonna make some people really angry though.
Honestly, despite UNIEL being a much better game imo, the problem is that the NA release still isn't out and we can't really say how popular it will be when it does. P4U was a much better choice because of its popularity (and I think it's even more popular than BB)

The UNIEL community more-or-less expected it. I'd say it's the BB community that'd be really angry though.

Spotty Len

• Yuuka Master Race
« Reply #429 on: January 21, 2015, 12:30:48 PM »
The UNIEL community more-or-less expected it.
Oh, I expected it too, but that is still sad for UNIEL people. I like P4U but I think UNIEL deserved more exposure, if only to get people interested before the game is out, but I guess nobody wanted to put that money on the table.

I'd say it's the BB community that'd be really angry though.
IIRC, I read somewhere that the reception of the game was really negative in Japan since the last update, and that Garireo quit playing the game. Don't quote me on that though.

But more importantly, on which version the game should have been played? BBCP2 has been out for a while in japanese arcardes, but we have yet to see a console version. And I'm not even talking about localization that will take like twenty years considering we are talking about Arc System Works (Europe? What's Europe?). Currently, BlazBlue community is divided in two with Japan on BBCP2 and everybody else on BBCP. That being said, I don't see how this game could have ended up at EVO this year.

Might as well say what I think about the whole game roster.

USF4. Freaking duh.

UMvC3. Not much surprise, the game is still fairly popular in USA, but I feel like its hype is fading. I think it's fun to watch though, but I don't see it being at EVO next year.

SSBU, double duh, it's recent and has a lot of players. I like the game, but I probably won't watch it. I find it boring to watch, but eh, that's cool for the players. Good luck to the commentators.
Of course Melee was going to be at the party too. Apex 2015 gathered more Melee players than for EVO2014, and Melee stayed more popular than even the all recent Smash 4 for this same event, so they probably want to break that record with EVO2015.

GGXrd, and triple duh. I don't play the game yet, but it looks fun, and a lot of people in my association play it. Originally, I wanted to wait for it to come to Europe but eh... ASW Europe are a bunch of assholes. I look forward to it.

As for KI and MKX... I dunno, I don't like those games so I don't know how they fare popularity-wise.

Tekken 7 is a surprise. Players won't have a lot of time to train since it comes out in February, but I guess Namco wanted that exposure.

RIP KoFXIII. o7

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #430 on: January 21, 2015, 01:51:19 PM »
The big problem with UNIEL is that it's not even super popular in Japan either, according to my friend. The big three atm are, unsurprisingly, GGXrd, P4U, and BB, while DBFC is actually a close fourth. Heck, he said there's even more Melty Blood cabinets than UNIEL atm.

I think UNIB's initial reception killed off a lot of the community to give the game a chance even in UNIEL right now is a really good game. It's basically the same with how Hopeless Masquerade's initial reception basically pushed away a lot of possible players to give it a chance if the end result after multiple patches made the game actually decent.

Widermelonz

• Delicious
  • Yum
« Reply #431 on: January 22, 2015, 06:36:05 AM »
SF is a given
Marvel is given
GG is a given
Two smash games, I don't like that. I like smash, but it shouldn't take 2 spots.
I don't play KI, so I can't comment on it.
MKX I can kind of understand, but it's still a big gamble because we have no idea whether or not the game will be competitively balanced enough (think SFxT).

P4U is the giant head-scratcher out of this entire list. BBCP2 hits JP consoles April, UNIEL hits NA consoles February, but P4U2 doesn't even have a release date announced yet for either region. I was hoping for BB to be on the list, and I would've been fine if UNIEL made it instead. But not P4U2, fuck that noise. Who the even plays P4U2 competitively? I know the game's pretty popular to play casually, but the number of competitive P4U2 players is laughably small. The game baaaaaaaaaaarely makes the cut for being a competitive FG, and that's being generous. Even UNIEL is a more competitive than P4U2, and that's a big fucking deal considering the fact that UNIEL has cross-up protection, meaty-throw protection, rising overhead protection, fuzzy protection, no combo variety, and no airtech oki.

yes i mad

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #432 on: January 22, 2015, 11:04:38 PM »
RIP BB. Too bad, it was a lot of fun last year.

What's the state of Xrd balance look like?

Widermelonz

• Delicious
  • Yum
« Reply #433 on: January 22, 2015, 11:25:15 PM »
The general consensus for Xrd tiers from what I've been seeing is like:
S: Zato, Millia, Ram, Faust, Elph
A: Sol, Ky, Chipp
B: Everyone else
C: Chumpkin

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #434 on: January 22, 2015, 11:44:04 PM »
waifu tier strong
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #435 on: January 23, 2015, 02:57:26 AM »
RIP BB. Too bad, it was a lot of fun last year.
I don't know too much about BB in general, but I did see the Top 8 last year. That Grand Finals, man. Hopefully we'll see something like that happen with the games this year.

Two Smash games in interesting. I get the feeling that EVO won't have both games' Top 8s on Sunday though. I just hope they give Smash 4 its chance to shine in its first year and put it on Sunday.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #436 on: January 29, 2015, 04:01:32 PM »
Waifu Fighter announced for Western release this summer

I am so happy right now, because I now I can read Taiga shenanigans in Arcade mode and Dream Duel mode :V

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #437 on: February 24, 2015, 06:30:37 PM »
So UNIEL is out today in NA. Who's picking up a copy? I need more people to play agains-

Woah wait what is this!? New SF V trailer!?

Spoiler:
Looks like he'll be a mix of Decapre and classic Charlie, not expected at all. Also dat Bison.

Spotty Len

• Yuuka Master Race
« Reply #438 on: February 24, 2015, 10:05:59 PM »
Also, 1000+ entrants for both USFIV and Melee for EVO 2015.

This is gonna be good.

Patorikku

• Weird country-bumpkin city-boy hybrid
  • (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #439 on: February 24, 2015, 11:19:50 PM »
I'm actually really curious about UNIEL. From what I've seen of it thus far, it seems to be a pretty technical fighter, but a bit faster-paced than Blazblue. It seems to have a meter system like Melty Blood, too, and I did like how Melty Blood played. (aside from the kind of universal 5B>2B>2C>5C>j.B>j.C>jc>j.B>j.C>air throw combo just about every character could pull off, and those goddamn cats...) How would you guys describe it?

Oh look, I got an image in my signature. Finally.
Click here for Tumblr nonsense.

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #440 on: February 25, 2015, 12:48:29 AM »
I'm actually really curious about UNIEL. From what I've seen of it thus far, it seems to be a pretty technical fighter, but a bit faster-paced than Blazblue. It seems to have a meter system like Melty Blood, too, and I did like how Melty Blood played. (aside from the kind of universal 5B>2B>2C>5C>j.B>j.C>jc>j.B>j.C>air throw combo just about every character could pull off, and those goddamn cats...) How would you guys describe it?
Way more footsie-based. And by footsies, I mean half to full screen footsies most of the time. It's also much more grounded than Melty Blood.

It's really fun in it's own way. And the best part is that it doesn't really overtake Melty Blood, rather it goes well with it. I still go back to Melty Blood for air-dashing crazy combo action and UNIEL for ground-based crazy combo action :V

Widermelonz

• Delicious
  • Yum
« Reply #441 on: February 25, 2015, 01:45:01 AM »

I think UNIEL is slower than UNIEL. UNIEL's reverse-beat on normals makes blockstrings way longer than BB on average. Also, a large portion of UNIEL basically boils down to fullscreen footsies and frametraps during long blockstrings. Also, UNIEL has very few standing overheads, and they're all slow as shit, like 27f average. And you can't do instant overheads either since the game has instant OH protection. And cross-up protection. And wake-up throw protection. And air oki protection. The only thing UNIEL has that's faster is throw tech, 13f vs BB's 15f, but on the other hand UNIEL's hitstun/blockstun throw tech window is 29f vs BB's 27f.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate UNIEL. Hell, I even wish it was on EVO main stage. And even though UNIEL's a newer game, I'd still rather play Melty.

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #442 on: February 25, 2015, 04:09:33 AM »
Air Oki protection is to make up for the fact that when you tech in the air you're in free fall state and can't do anything on the way down like you can in Melty.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #443 on: March 21, 2015, 09:38:01 AM »
MKX just revealed what fighters will be a part of Kombat Pack DLC for MKX.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgMzil1sfio

Spoiler:
Jason Voorhees, Tanya, Tremor, and The Predator

Spotty Len

• Yuuka Master Race
« Reply #444 on: March 31, 2015, 04:25:34 PM »
As of today, Umehara Daigo will retire being a Professional Player and will focus on becoming the best Accountant in the world.

It is sad, but I can't wait to see him body people on the field of accounting. Especially Bill from accounting.

Spoiler:
Also, clicking on lil' Daigo on the bottom right makes him perform his Super. :3c

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Patorikku

• Weird country-bumpkin city-boy hybrid
  • (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #447 on: April 01, 2015, 08:19:15 PM »
prepare your youhous
This is a work of art and I could not have asked for more in life.

EDIT (06/04) because double-posting is wrong and you know it: HOLY HELL I tried playing some online UNIEL in an unranked room and I cannot stop getting wrecked! The skill gap in this game is real, just as I kind of expected it to be. So in that regard, mind if I ask for some advice if anyone's used to a character like Chaos? I mean, I have the basic combo theory of his down, but playing a decent offensive or defensive game is where I really need a hand. That said, it may just be that I need that kind of help on a fundamental level instead.

That said, I did make an observation on how quick a lot of people are on picking up hit confirms, and I could never hope to be that quick on the reflexes, really...

EDIT again: Completely irrelevant to the rest of the post, but I must point out that the quality of anime fighters' soundtracks is truly magnificent.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 06:52:43 AM by Patorikku »

Oh look, I got an image in my signature. Finally.
Click here for Tumblr nonsense.

« Reply #448 on: April 18, 2015, 04:42:54 AM »
Beowulf is out now

Spoiler:
his story mode is more like Annie's story though :V

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #449 on: May 15, 2015, 01:47:55 PM »
UNIELst has been announced

Now featuring whips and Initiative Heat cancels.