Author Topic: Post EVO Hype - Fighting Game General  (Read 147634 times)

KingofBaka

• The Strongest!
  • and the Dumbest!
Normal 1cc: IN,EoSD,MoF,PCB,LoLK-P(403 Retries(Hope to Improve))
Extra Clear:PCB
ISC: All Stages Clear !

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
Re: A Challenger Appears - Fighting Game General
« Reply #211 on: February 03, 2014, 09:33:49 AM »
I've uploaded the videos of my SG matches onto the tubes: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC29U61_flhPMEGtE4CT2nnw. I coulda totally maybe gotten a win against the Fortune dude, I've noticed he does nothing but blockstrings into rekka. But I panicked and started making stupid mistakes.

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #212 on: February 03, 2014, 06:24:09 PM »
Notes on everyone who played:
Fightest: Dropped Valentine for the tourney. Ran Filia/Double. Considering the usefulness of Silver Chord assist, which is little, the first match was effectively a mirror until Squigly came in. Not comfortable with that so I swapped Squigly to point, which was much more effective.

Stuffman: Dropped Double for the tourney. Ran solopara. Fightest noted this but Stuffman did a bit of autopilot neutral, with two Napalm Shots into jHP. Not much else to say.

tooEZ: Uuuugh, really laggy connection. Would just freeze up randomly, which is wonderful when it's Bella/Val. Took the first round convincingly but lost the second to really bad times to freeze; has a tendency to launch into air command grab and punishes techs reliably. Annoying. Forfeited the third match because fuck that connection.

G0nard: Solo Fortune. Simple enough. What solo fortune's want to do is get the head out as soon as possible. His blockstrings were really simple, just long. Solo fortune mixups are limited mostly to rekka high/low; punishing the rekka high with Daisy Pusher was fun. Squigly's air neutral game is strong vs solo Fortune if you keep the head in mind.

DuSouto: tooEZ's brother apparently, which meant a shared a connection. Fun times. But no Bella, so I'll stick with it. Fortune/Filia. He actually swapped out Filia from hairball to Updo assist because he was annoyed at my Squigly air game, apparently. Lost the second round to lag, or rather lost any chance of coming back in the second round to lag, but fuck it won the third one convincingly. Squigly's level 3 scares 90% of people into just holding downback, which is wonderful considering Squigly's throw game.

notes for self: My double is still weak and I need to work on her. I need to do other things with Filia in neutral besides IAD. Squigly performance was satisfactory. I need better oki. No chance to practice snapback combos either.

in case anyone wants to rib off my new squigly combo:
cLK cMK sHK jMK jHP land jLK jMK jHK j236MK cLK cMK sHK jLP jMK jHK j236HK > backdash cHP (ends in undizzy burst bait, silver chord after for ez punish)

cLK cMK sHP>HP seriacancel cLK cMK sHP>HP seriacancel cMP sHP>HP seriacancel sLP cHK jMK jHP land jLK jMK jHK j236HK (same result as above, more damage because seriacancels)

anytime you launch someone, you can substitute in a reset by waiting a few frames and grabbing them midair. Cancel into j236LK for combo pickup. Anytime you seriacancel you can instead pause for about three frames(??) and grab, but this is unsafe and shouldn't be spammed. Canceling any light normal into a seriacancel>grab is much tighter and can be done as fast as possible.

Thanks for hosting the tourney Shima! I'll try to have my stream stuff setup if we do this again. And seriously people, if you sign up, show up. Or at least tell us prior you're not attending so that we don't wait.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 07:31:58 PM by Amra »
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #213 on: February 04, 2014, 12:36:47 AM »
Sorry I couldn't make it. I had to watch my nieces.

Though I do want to ask: How many of you are going to pick up/have BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma? I tried to convince my friend to play Melty Blood again and failed, but he still plays BB. I'd love to have some groups when the game is out in NA.

Me, probably. I'll have to buy a PS3 first, but I'll need it eventually for Persona 5 anyway, so I'll pick it up on release if I can budget it the new console before then. I guess if it comes down to it I can sell my 360 and its games at the last minute.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Widermelonz

• Delicious
  • Yum
« Reply #214 on: February 04, 2014, 03:17:21 AM »
Though I do want to ask: How many of you are going to pick up/have BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma?

I have BBCP. I would be super super super excited if we have a tournament for it eventually.

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #215 on: February 04, 2014, 09:53:02 AM »
Not comfortable with that so I swapped Squigly to point, which was much more effective.

You're still a jerk.

I need to do other things with Filia in neutral besides IAD.

Filia might have clicked for me finally after a bunch of people gave me pointers, and she very, very desperately needs assists to open up the opponent. Going in with IAD is often recipe for a bad trade with anyone who outpokes Filia, and that's basically everyone.

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #216 on: February 04, 2014, 06:44:46 PM »
Squig's spacing is just superior, and its much easier to charge seria with more people alive. My Squigly play is also mostly meter independent so there's no point not having Squigly on point.
Sugoiiii~

Jmyster

• Knives
« Reply #217 on: February 05, 2014, 12:48:00 AM »
Nice to see some BB players. Perhaps we could set up a tournament a few days after the NA release? I'll definitely want at least a day or two to brush up on the new Hakumen.

Still a fair bit away though. Damn waiting. Had I the extra cash, I might have picked up the original JP release, but what can you do.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #218 on: February 05, 2014, 03:38:18 PM »
I just had somebody who doesn't own a PS3 but intends to buy one later this year offer me the special edition copy he pre-ordered until he gets a console, so that makes the expense of buying the system a little lighter given that I won't need to get the game for a while. I've been trying to get back in practice, but it's hard to make the time. I managed like twenty minutes of play in the last two weeks. :derp:

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
Sugoiiii~

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #220 on: February 07, 2014, 08:25:31 PM »
e: wait nevermind didn't read properly
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 08:31:40 PM by Amra »
Sugoiiii~

« Reply #221 on: February 11, 2014, 01:51:07 AM »
T__T

I'm out for a while and missed the MBAACC tourney :(

anyways, besides MBAACC and IaMP/Soku, I'd like to join tournaments for

- Aquapazza: Aquaplus Dream Match (PS3)
- Arcana Heart 3 (PS3)
- Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R (PS3)
- BlazBlue ChronoPhantasma (PS3)

however, GG and especially AP don't seem to be netplayable across countries, unless you guys want to try anyways.
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

KingofBaka

• The Strongest!
  • and the Dumbest!
« Reply #222 on: February 11, 2014, 03:12:12 AM »
http://shoryuken.com/2014/02/10/lab-zero-games-targeting-march-release-for-skullgirls-encores-big-band/
Also, the ps3 version of Skullgirls encore is released tomorrow in North America.

I still have to wait though as the Xbox 360 version is coming in the near future :(.
Normal 1cc: IN,EoSD,MoF,PCB,LoLK-P(403 Retries(Hope to Improve))
Extra Clear:PCB
ISC: All Stages Clear !

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #223 on: February 13, 2014, 04:59:47 AM »
My blood has been so melty this last week. I played about 300 games against Rou with my H-Vakiha against his C-Kouma over the last... 5 days? It's about even, but it's really interesting how the mindgames continue to evolve and extra layers of yomi show up over time (as well as general improvements in play of course). It's a pretty interesting matchup aside from that, with H-Vakiha being an incredibly mobile mixup-heavy rushdown character made of glass and Kouma being a beefy grappler with excellent air normals and powerful combos. The amount of times I've been dunked mid-pressure...

[22:42] <Roukan> You're like
[22:42] <Roukan> That boss in every RPG
[22:42] <Roukan> Where you get halfway through the fight and they recover half their health

[22:29] <Tsapz> A part of me dies every time I get that shield and Kouma goes through the counter

We need another Melty tournament soon, last one was awesome fun.
Let's fight.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #224 on: February 13, 2014, 05:35:58 AM »
Man, I love playing Skullgirls, but I can't combo worth a damn, and people combo me from 100-0. If they repeat I break it and then they resume comboing again. Especially Squiglys, I dread Squiglys.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #225 on: February 13, 2014, 11:57:38 PM »
Man, I love playing Skullgirls, but I can't combo worth a damn, and people combo me from 100-0. If they repeat I break it and then they resume comboing again. Especially Squiglys, I dread Squiglys.

Mike Z is apparently looking into ways to make combos shorter and reduce the crazy amount of damage flying around.

« Reply #226 on: February 14, 2014, 12:02:41 AM »
Little Mac confirmed for smash

damn he looks fast

PLUS he has super armor AND an OHKO :o

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #227 on: February 14, 2014, 12:08:17 AM »
Little Mac confirmed for smash

damn he looks fast

PLUS he has super armor AND an OHKO :o

I got my main now. Little Mac is my real man now.

« Reply #228 on: February 14, 2014, 12:10:00 AM »
Also he has a super tiny hitbox which is only a good thing in smash

he looks hella op

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #229 on: February 14, 2014, 12:38:03 AM »
Mike Z is apparently looking into ways to make combos shorter and reduce the crazy amount of damage flying around.

Dizzy limit was cut by like 110 a few patches ago and the undizzy burst bar was added then too. I'm interested to see how he does it.
Sugoiiii~

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
  • and think about what you're doing
    • Music interests and whatnot
« Reply #230 on: February 14, 2014, 02:05:10 AM »
oh my FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDD

(and from what I can tell they want to get the other onto steam also)
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #231 on: February 14, 2014, 04:47:34 AM »
oh my FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDD

(and from what I can tell they want to get the other onto steam also)

Isn't this a notoriously unstable port? Or am I thinking of something else?

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
« Reply #232 on: February 14, 2014, 04:57:36 AM »
Isn't this a notoriously unstable port? Or am I thinking of something else?

Pretty sure that was CS on the DS if you're looking for unstable BB ports

Either that or GfWL's
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #233 on: February 14, 2014, 05:39:42 AM »

« Reply #234 on: February 14, 2014, 04:06:44 PM »
i hope kirino is bottom tier

Jmyster

• Knives
« Reply #235 on: February 14, 2014, 07:41:52 PM »
A part of me is tempted to get the steam version of CT, but then I just look slightly to the left and see my PS3 copy gathering dust on the shelf.

...and that reminds me I'm still waiting for the PS3 GGAC+R patch in the US.  :fail:

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #236 on: February 17, 2014, 07:46:07 AM »
How to play Melty Blood, courtesy of Roukan, featuring both him and myself. Pro strats all up in this netplay like nobody's business, it may actually be a little too full of crazy yomi for some to handle. Watch with caution.
Let's fight.

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
« Reply #237 on: February 17, 2014, 11:15:21 PM »
Oh wow this has been a journey of discovery
(yes that's me for those who dont follow me)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 11:17:04 PM by Soichiro W. »
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Widermelonz

• Delicious
  • Yum
« Reply #238 on: February 19, 2014, 10:27:52 PM »
GGXrd ArcLive 3 Stream Video. Xrd looks really really nice. Diggin' the RCs and FRCs

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #239 on: February 24, 2014, 06:05:42 AM »
I had a ton of homework and an exam tomorrow I haven't studied for free Sunday, so I gathered up my Xbox and all of my games, sold the whole lot, and bought a way higher-end PS3 than I intended because that was all that was available to me and I didn't feel like trying a bunch of places. So I'm ready for New Blazblue now, and I didn't spend a dollar unless you count all of the dollars I spent on those games.