Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishment Thread 21: Time to go FULL SHMUP  (Read 186700 times)

Re: Touhou Accomplishment Thread 21: Time to go FULL SHMUP
« Reply #90 on: August 31, 2013, 10:18:08 PM »
Related to the lasers visually glitching out, perhaps?

I believe so, yes.
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #91 on: August 31, 2013, 11:09:25 PM »
1.00a replays shouldn't desync on 1.00b. All my B-shot 1ccs were done before the 1.00b patch and I've tested it myself.
Hmm, interesting. Never got to test it, but thinking on it I suppose there isn't a whole lot between versions that might mess with the replays (the two I posted before were both with ReimuB, if that helps). Probably just my cautious side acting up, though given this is a programming issue, you can understand why. :V
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #92 on: September 01, 2013, 12:45:43 AM »
Didn't get the blind DDC ex clear I wanted but 3 attempts is fine too :>.

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #93 on: September 01, 2013, 03:39:03 PM »
I love Seija.

Ghost

• Fluke dodging is the best tactic.
« Reply #94 on: September 01, 2013, 06:52:57 PM »
Cleared UFO extra, so I've now beaten all of the main windows series (not 9 or 12.8) extra stages. It really does feel very similar to EoSD's extra stage.

SA's extra is on a whole different level to the other games imo, that or I'm just bad at it, it took way longer to beat it than the other ones...

I guess now I'll go back to trying to clear EoSD lunatic.

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #95 on: September 02, 2013, 09:15:21 AM »
Well, I can't just stop at capturing it 100 times right?
Seija's last spell timeout!

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2C1692LSe8w
Replay attached

« Reply #96 on: September 02, 2013, 06:38:45 PM »
Awww yeah. MoF 1cc on Normal.

Only SA and UFO normal left.

AND THEN I GOT MY SECOND CLEAR ON EOSD EXTRA. New High Score too!
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=30188
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 07:39:35 PM by Zarakava »

« Reply #97 on: September 02, 2013, 09:39:12 PM »
I got a UFO LNB in about 1 hour worth of attempts. :3

Whopping 12 misses lol. I haven't played this game very much over the last months, like only a few boss rush matches or so. I really didn't expect to win this but I did.

1 miss stage 2
3 miss Stage 3
2 miss Stage 4
4 miss Stage 5
2 miss Stage 6

Plenty of room for improvement but I'm still pleased with the results. It showed obvious signs of rust and I played rather stupidly on a handful of occasions too. Most of my practice is done with NBNUFO routes. LNB is a fun challenge in this game i think. There are a couple of scenarios in this game where silly mistakes can easily do you in but with tons of lives as the red ufos allow for you, there is a lot of room for error so failing the easier things isn't as frustrating. I am sure I can at least shave off 6 miss with enough playing.

My problem is that I don't play enough full credits and just stick to practice for too long, burning myself out on that before even getting around to doing full credits. Let's try to change this. And revitalize my skills on Shou maybe :V that fight just went all sorts of wrong.

Turns out testing a technique I've only heard about in the middle of a run wasn't the smartest idea ever. I killed shou at the wrong time while safespotting the 3rd non and she slammed right into me as punishment. It is stuff like that I need to get rid of.  :)

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=30191

I'll of course try to improve this in the future. I'll make a comeback to UFO I think. I've gotten tired of DDC for now.

Zil

« Reply #98 on: September 03, 2013, 01:29:08 AM »
Speaking of no bomb runs...

PoDD LNMNB

« Reply #99 on: September 03, 2013, 01:34:45 AM »
That's insane! Do you mean no miss as in not even taking a hit? Amazing!

Immortal Momiji!

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #100 on: September 03, 2013, 01:35:13 AM »
So DDC Ultra just came out. 

This is extremely silly.

Also somehow managed to blind 1cc lunatic ultra.

Replay

site

Also What.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 01:37:47 AM by Jaimers »

Seppo Hovi

« Reply #101 on: September 03, 2013, 01:35:25 AM »
What.

Congratulations, Zil.

Nindella

• That cat!
  • Nyaaa...
    • Youtube Page!
« Reply #102 on: September 03, 2013, 01:36:34 AM »
Speaking of no bomb runs...

PoDD LNMNB

Congratulations!!  :D  This is awesome!  :3

Congrats to Jaimers too~

You're both crazy!  :derp:
Youtube Channel!
Please check it out for Touhou commentaries, LPs, piano transcriptions and more!
My Touhou replays!

Zil

« Reply #103 on: September 03, 2013, 01:41:58 AM »
That's insane! Do you mean no miss as in not even taking a hit? Amazing!
Oh heavens no. I certainly took damage a few times, just not against Yumemi. :derp:

The recording is in the works.

« Reply #104 on: September 03, 2013, 02:36:23 AM »
So DDC Ultra just came out. 

Also somehow managed to blind 1cc lunatic ultra.

Replay

site

Also What.

Awesome. I tried myself but game overed at the survival, I was playing without autobomb but using MarisaB. The life counter broke before the final boss so I had no way of replenishing ;_; Got 1.6 billion score :p

1cc'd extra on my first credit though, 1 spell captured, like a champ. Even more hilarious to play ultra with MarisaB!

Oh heavens no. I certainly took damage a few times, just not against Yumemi. :derp:

The recording is in the works.

Oh well, that's still crazy! Looking forward to the video.

Immortal Momiji!

Zil

« Reply #105 on: September 03, 2013, 04:39:30 AM »
Well it's up, much sooner than expected. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xHlfOyb0Sc

I've actually always wanted to get a run in less than 20 minutes, so I guess I can check that off my list too.

Phoenon

• Let's Rock, Baby
  • Woop Woop
« Reply #106 on: September 03, 2013, 06:56:30 AM »
Aaaand beat Extra Stage in Koumajou Densetsu 1, only took me 2 hours, Flandre gave me a pretty hard time while learning her patterns.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jve2SmRt0W4

Now on to Koumajou 2 I guess.

Drake

« Reply #107 on: September 03, 2013, 08:47:24 AM »
Speaking of KDII, I finally got a perfect stage 3 and the perfect stage 2 revisit (on hard no subs). Perfect stage 4 was hilariously easy in comparison.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #108 on: September 03, 2013, 10:49:24 AM »
Hah, delayed much  :D

Awesome game though, should go play it again even though I suck at it.

« Reply #109 on: September 03, 2013, 02:13:04 PM »
Seija's 3rd boss spell is so much fun. It was very fun dodging it on the top of the screen no-vert, although I hate bad RNG :(
Also DDC ReimuB is crazy weak  :ohdear:

Jaimers

« Reply #110 on: September 03, 2013, 11:06:05 PM »
It's been a while.

DDC Perfect Stage 4A Lunatic

And a few Ultra cards shown off.

Might try Extra as it really doesn't look that difficult. The Midboss is harder than the Boss somehow though.  :V
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 11:08:00 PM by Jaimers »

Jaimers

« Reply #111 on: September 04, 2013, 06:51:00 PM »

DDC Lunatic No Bomb 1cc! o/

Mino ☆

• PCB player.
  • Touhou Hobbyist
« Reply #112 on: September 04, 2013, 07:27:23 PM »
Welcome to the club, Jaimers! Damn, you finished with way more lives than I did.

Mr Jovial

• Commander of the Whale Legion
  • ~Having a whale of a time~
« Reply #113 on: September 04, 2013, 08:44:47 PM »
Feel slightly intimidated by the other posts in this thread but oh well. Lunatic 1cc of UFO which took me a while. 154 attempts at Busy Rod :/

On a different note, I've 1cc'ed almost everything that I want to and only EoSD and PCB remain so here's a question:

What do after 1ccs? I wanted to start doing no bomb runs, perfect stages and similar but have no idea where to start soooo any suggestions?

Zil

« Reply #114 on: September 04, 2013, 11:00:13 PM »
No miss with Ellen! I'm on fire! (edit: youtube)

What do after 1ccs? I wanted to start doing no bomb runs, perfect stages and similar but have no idea where to start soooo any suggestions?
Play PoDD you know you want to
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 04:23:57 AM by Zil »

chum

« Reply #115 on: September 04, 2013, 11:05:49 PM »
Scoring of course (and congrats)

Aaaanyway, I timed some stuff out in DDC No-Focus.

Stage 3 Lunatic: all cards
Stage 4 Lunatic: Benben's second, Yatsuhashi's second
Stage 5 Lunatic: Seija's third, others were timed out with focus for now, since I'm very bad at the whole reverse control thing
Stage 6 Lunatic: Sukuna's second and fourth
Extra: Second midboss, Raiko's first, second, fourth, fifth, eighth, and her survival

Bonus: First extra midboss spell was timed out in the upper right corner, without horizontal movement (with focus). If I moved down too much, I simply forced myself to go back up.

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #116 on: September 05, 2013, 12:09:18 AM »
Feel slightly intimidated by the other posts in this thread but oh well. Lunatic 1cc of UFO which took me a while. 154 attempts at Busy Rod :/
And that's a lot? I had 649 attempts.

As for what to do next, learn the scoring systems if you haven't already. Each game's is distinct, and it adds plenty of complexity to even Easy mode, much more interesting than no-bombs in my opinion (though others may disagree). (Also the MotK scoreboards need more activity)

Mino ☆

• PCB player.
  • Touhou Hobbyist
« Reply #117 on: September 05, 2013, 01:23:24 AM »

Now that you've gotten this far, you have two options:

You can either hone your survival skills and pursue them further by doing No Bomb runs. This is probably the easier route. You could get some pretty cool survival achievements.

Or you could start scoring. Scoring is probably more rewarding in the long run. It'll take lots of dedication and tolerance, but with perseverance you will surely succeed! People nowadays acknowledge scoring more than survival. And survival has sort of lost its touch in the community. You'll get more experience with the games and more respect from your fellow peers through scoring.

Or you could just try both, or do whatever you feel like.

Jaimers

« Reply #118 on: September 05, 2013, 08:03:46 AM »
DDC LNB 1cc is youtubed!

Also this is apparently a pretty good score somehow. I'm guessing clear bonus is pretty huge in this.

Mr Jovial

• Commander of the Whale Legion
  • ~Having a whale of a time~
« Reply #119 on: September 05, 2013, 04:08:08 PM »
I had 649 attempts

I will now never consider anything a lot of attempts because there will probably always be someone with more

As for what to do next, learn the scoring systems if you haven't already. Each game's is distinct, and it adds plenty of complexity to even Easy mode, much more interesting than no-bombs in my opinion (though others may disagree). (Also the MotK scoreboards need more activity)

You can either hone your survival skills and pursue them further by doing No Bomb runs. This is probably the easier route. You could get some pretty cool survival achievements.

Or you could start scoring. Scoring is probably more rewarding in the long run. It'll take lots of dedication and tolerance, but with perseverance you will surely succeed! People nowadays acknowledge scoring more than survival. And survival has sort of lost its touch in the community. You'll get more experience with the games and more respect from your fellow peers through scoring.

Probably going to go with the survival route. I don't like safespotting at all and scoring pretty much requires it. I also don't like using shot types which I personally consider overpowered since they're usually used on scoreruns (eg I thought UFO's Sanae B was OP though there will probably be those who disagree). Also, I always hated managing bombs so you don't waste them so no bombs should feel quite refreshing. Might scorerun in the future though.

Thanks for all your advice  :D
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 04:41:16 PM by Mr Jovial »