Author Topic: Puzzle & Dragons 3: Whatever you do, don't spend money on this game  (Read 214989 times)

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
Re: Puzzle & Dragons 3: Whatever you do, don't spend money on this game
« Reply #960 on: October 14, 2013, 11:58:39 PM »
Huh, well it sounds like a really good deal.  I'll need to look into that come this Friday then.  With the Ogre thing if I was doing the zombie team idea, I'd want it as low a level/unevolved as possible, right?  To keep HP down, I mean.

I'd also probably want a rainbow team to do this, correct?  For better chances to deal damage, I mean.  Also I'll require an auto-healer for insurance, IIRC?  This'll be my first time running one so I figured I'd ask about it.  I've only ever done plain teams with no real strategies involved, or the Water/Dark team from before.
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #961 on: October 15, 2013, 12:16:20 AM »
Zombie team using ogre: The idea is to have some hit points but not too many, and your friend leader is a Siren or someone who heals you up to 70% or more each turn. Since you have lots of Demon attacker monsters, you can easily have a team with not too many hp. The ogre leader ability saves your life if you take one hit at 70% or more life. If you get hit twice in the same turn ... don't get hit twice in the same turn.

Mask/Spirit team using Shiva or Top Droidragon: Have as few colors as possible, preferably mono-red (Shiva) or mono-green (TDD). Bring someone with a breath weapon if you can, like a Tyran or Green Dragon.

Stall without dealing damage for as many turns as possible, preferably 22 turns, until Shiva is ready. Once you use him, if you kill everyone in that turn, his effect will carry over to the next stage, and keep carrying over until you leave someone alive for a turn. If you run out of orbs, use breath weapons instead. A great team would be 5 Red Dragons and Shiva, or 5 Green Dragons and TTD. You'll have to soak the hits from the spirits on the first floor, so bring some hit points.
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #962 on: October 15, 2013, 12:35:37 AM »
Yeah, you want the ogre to be low level so whatever level he drops at just roll with it.  Same with your team - you can even put evolution mats in your party, since you'll be doing 1hp to the dublits even if your regular puzzlemon were there. 

I actually prefer to have as mono-color as possible so you can burn a sync dublit down quickly.  The way it works is as long as your HP is above 70% of your total, you'll survive any single fatal hit with 1 hp.  Assuming the autohealer is high enough, you'll be auto-recovering enough HP each turn that as long as you make at least 1 match (doesn't have to be an attack) and you don't eat two dublit hits in one turn, you cannot die.  You'll need to stockpile orbs of your main color in the corners before hitting the 4th and 5th stages - you'll likely have at least 2 synced, and it'll take 10 hits to kill one.  Here's a video of how it goes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjrEhUV_eX8 if you haven't practiced storing orbs before, give it a watch so you know what's up.

The other method O4rfish mentioned is running with a Shiva buddy, or I guess now also the Top Droidragon.   The two of them have the active skill that brings enemies' defense to zero - this will one shot all of the dublits with any normal puzzlemon - and it carries over to the next stage if you kill everyone on the screen.  You need to stall on the first or second stage until the active is ready, it's 22 turns so I still recommend a mono-color team so you can just match off colors and stock up the main color as you wait,  Shiva is red and Droidragon is green, but really as long as 5 guys are the same color that'll 2-shot the dublits and 3-shot the dubmythlits if something goes wrong and you need to clear one during your final waiting rounds (boo sky combos) 

EDIT:  ^^^^^^ yeah what he said.
EDIT^2:  If you want add me (number in firstpost, I just cleared out some friendspace) and if you poke me here or with an in-game mail I'll switch to my Siren if you don't have one on your list already.

Jq1790

« Reply #963 on: October 15, 2013, 01:11:12 AM »
Might just do that, though I do have one or two people with fully evolved Sirens in my list another potential one(and one I can effectively toggle on at will if you're online here) can't hurt!

I should probably hunt down Arashi's again if her list is available too because Ammy...  Thanks for all the help everybody!

« Reply #964 on: October 15, 2013, 02:23:56 AM »
So it looks like I'm not quite tough enough to take on the Tower of Giants just yet, unless I borrow Arashi's Ammy constantly which I don't want to do. orz

Fortunately Neptune Glacier was a good place to get coins for fusions before bed, so maybe I can make it in the next day or so.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #965 on: October 15, 2013, 02:54:43 AM »
jq, do you have a puzzdroid?

Also, I would only do the Friday dungeon on 2x drops when your chances are 1 in 3. Otherwise, they're a bit worse. Zombie teams also take forever too. At the stage you're at, I think it may be more lucrative to shoot for Rainbow Keepers instead. Just take an Odin friend and make sure you can heal back about 4k every 6 turns. It'll take a while though, but Rainbows >>mythlits.

Also, got a Tama in the ruby dungeon. This one is for Kirin.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 03:08:23 AM by hyorinryu »

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Jq1790

« Reply #966 on: October 15, 2013, 03:02:55 AM »
jq, do you have a puzzdroid?

Yeah, grabbed it when the event happened recently.  You're gonna refer me to fully evolving it to a Top Droidragon or something for its Search ability since that acts like The Third Eye?  It's something on my list of things to do, just I hadn't prioritized it.  Should I do so?

EDIT:  Also, do we have an IRC channel or anything for P&D?

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #967 on: October 15, 2013, 03:06:59 AM »
Yeah, grabbed it when the event happened recently.  You're gonna refer me to fully evolving it to a Top Droidragon or something for its Search ability since that acts like The Third Eye?  It's something on my list of things to do, just I hadn't prioritized it.  Should I do so?

Very definitely.  Search/Third Eye utterly trivializes wednesday/friday expert dungeons.  Just charge it up on round 1 and sweep through the rest of the dungeon, since you'll 1-shot every mask and the ability carries between waves if you kill everything in one turn.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #968 on: October 15, 2013, 03:22:23 AM »
Very definitely.  Search/Third Eye utterly trivializes wednesday/friday expert dungeons.  Just charge it up on round 1 and sweep through the rest of the dungeon, since you'll 1-shot every mask and the ability carries between waves if you kill everything in one turn.

It's also preferable because if with him, you can take a ogre and an autohealer with you.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Edible

« Reply #969 on: October 15, 2013, 04:21:16 AM »

Jq1790

« Reply #970 on: October 15, 2013, 04:28:56 AM »
Wow.
Welp.  Looks like for the first time in months, Youmu's leaving my desktop.

Edible

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #972 on: October 15, 2013, 10:09:08 AM »
Eh, i strongly suggest rainbow dublits over keepers early game... I got raibow keepers quit early and i never used him until much later because his 25 cost made using him all but impossible with my strter god!

I used MULTIPLE rainbow dublits for so damn long though

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #973 on: October 15, 2013, 01:06:10 PM »
Bubbly ate two clones, got max awaken, and one skillup. I think it would be really cool if they had ultimate evolutions, or a standard evolution that required a super king or something.

Anyone have a Goemon I can borrow for Hera?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 01:22:46 PM by O4rfish »

« Reply #974 on: October 15, 2013, 01:51:39 PM »
you can use mine

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #975 on: October 15, 2013, 02:24:27 PM »
Eh, i strongly suggest rainbow dublits over keepers early game... I got raibow keepers quit early and i never used him until much later because his 25 cost made using him all but impossible with my strter god!

I used MULTIPLE rainbow dublits for so damn long though

Jq's been playing for a while though. I guess we need to know how much team cost he has to make a decision. Farming dublits sucks though. Especially if your doing zombie.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Jq1790

« Reply #976 on: October 15, 2013, 02:35:23 PM »
Been playing a while, but haven't necessarily been playing as much as you might think.

Level 51, with max team size of 60.

Btw, I'm gonna guess Hera's a no-go since I dont have poison?  (would need helper to have Rondo of healing, which I don't have either,plus would need to have a Ogre leader anyway.)

Edible

« Reply #977 on: October 15, 2013, 02:43:16 PM »
Hera is technically doable with a resolve team, but you'd be throwing a lot of stones away.  I wouldn't bother with her this early in your PAD career~

Jq1790

« Reply #978 on: October 15, 2013, 03:01:16 PM »
Hera is technically doable with a resolve team, but you'd be throwing a lot of stones away.  I wouldn't bother with her this early in your PAD career~
Thought as much.  I just had tovask since I TECHNICALLY have the stamina to do it.  Oh well, time to see if I can beat some other places and hopefully get some decent exp for my monsters or something.  Did take the time to get a RedKeeper for evolution purposes, though part of me wonders if I should have bothered yet.  Oh well.

EDIT:  Just looked and it seems it wasn't a waste, since now I've got almost everything to evo my Echidna when I get her max leveled!  Just need a Rubylit and a Mythlit, neither of which should be hard to come by.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 06:00:31 PM by Jq1790 »

Edible

« Reply #979 on: October 15, 2013, 05:56:09 PM »
Apparently Zeus ult evo is going to require enhance materials that are only available from a different descend, or something (?)

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #980 on: October 15, 2013, 06:00:44 PM »
Thought as much.  I just had tovask since I TECHNICALLY have the stamina to do it.  Oh well, time to see if I can beat some other places and hopefully get some decent exp for my monsters or something.  Did take the time to get a RedKeeper for evolution purposes, though part of me wonders if I should have bothered yet.  Oh well.

The usual Odin/Chaos Devil Dragon takes a long time too. I'd hate to think how long resolve would take.

As for team cost, you could fit in a rainbow keeper especially if you haven't evolved everything . The vampire lord/dark mystic knight/Rainbow Keeper/chaos devil dragon isn't that far over 60. In the time it takes to get that thing running, you'll probably be able to fit the team cost.

Apparently Zeus ult evo is going to require enhance materials that are only available from a different descend, or something (?)
I wonder why they can't just buff Zeus. It's not his dungeon isn't hard. I can understand Hera, but not Zeus. I wonder if they're going to do the same for Hera. I remember a while back the guy mused about doing this for the both of them.

In other news, wow, hera-Is stats are really good. She's only lvl 26 unevolved and she has ripper stats. Also, maxed skilled my valkyrie and fed 5 blue space invaders to I&I for a skill-up. I don't think I'll be able to max skill I&I.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Edible

« Reply #981 on: October 15, 2013, 06:03:01 PM »
Zeus is still really good by himself.  His leader skill has been outclassed (and was never that great to begin with), but he still has 35% gravity and ~5400 stats.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #982 on: October 15, 2013, 06:48:43 PM »
Zeus is still really good by himself.  His leader skill has been outclassed (and was never that great to begin with), but he still has 35% gravity and ~5400 stats.

People seem to prefer weaker gravities that require less stalling. I thought Zeus was really good when he was released, to the point where they had to make preemptive strikes for him and Goemon.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Hyper Dunk

• I'm a Double Dragon.
  • I will fight everyone.
« Reply #983 on: October 16, 2013, 05:07:09 AM »
I started playing this on Friday and I'm enjoying it more than I expected to. Right now my party is Machine Golem MK.II, Samurai Ogre, Dryad, Marine Goblin and Genie.

ID is: 314,673,283

ErASeR MOdER MAxiMUM

• sad to the core core core
  • SIE SIND DAS ESSEN UND WIR SIND DIE J?GER
    • tumblr
« Reply #984 on: October 16, 2013, 05:10:06 AM »
I'd like to think my team is becoming substantially less shit. I also don't think I could make it through a single dungeon without any kind of auto heal. :ohdear:

haha ya im bak lol
3dpig.tumblr.com follow my tumbler

Edible

« Reply #985 on: October 16, 2013, 02:26:05 PM »
blugh bastet ultimate evolution where

Jq1790

« Reply #986 on: October 16, 2013, 07:14:37 PM »
I'd like to think my team is becoming substantially less shit. I also don't think I could make it through a single dungeon without any kind of auto heal. :ohdear:
What kinda team do you have?  I'm not exactly great at this game either, but I don't end up needing autohealing so much, so maybe I could help?  Barring that, there're plenty of ridiculously good people in this thread as well.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 07:44:24 PM by Jq1790 »

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #987 on: October 16, 2013, 07:33:53 PM »
there're plenty of ridiculously goof people in this thread as well.

Hey!  >:(

« Reply #988 on: October 16, 2013, 07:37:34 PM »
Plus at least the auto-heal I bring to the party is pretty damn good auto-heal. :V

Jq1790