Author Topic: Puzzle & Dragons 3: Whatever you do, don't spend money on this game  (Read 214910 times)

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
Re: Puzzle & Dragons 3: Whatever you do, don't spend money on this game
« Reply #900 on: October 10, 2013, 11:24:30 PM »
With Freyr and Griffon you only get 3 enhanced att abilities. You need to break 5 for it to be worth it and the other subs for Goemon (echidna, RGG) dont have it

And yeah Hera-Is gets +blue orbs

As does Siegfried who is technically a descend boss as well

But you're making the entire board red/green anyway. there aren't a lot of options for comboing there.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #901 on: October 10, 2013, 11:44:47 PM »
well you really dont want to awaken phoenix on a Goemon team because gunghooooooooooo

and Freyr is meh but if you have him on your team then why not

huh after playing with +orbs for a bit, it turns out they only add up when matched together

so if i match a set with 2 +orbs in it, it shows a 1.12x on it

but if i match 2 different sets each with 1 +orb, it shows 1.06x on each

according to the pad wiki, it says that "Each matched + orb will raise the final Fire type damage by 6%" which means that in the second case the final damage gets increased by 6% and then 6% again for a total of 12.36% damage

so I guess just like with separating orbs for combos, separating +orbs also results in extra damage but i'm not 100% sure it works that way
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 12:40:17 AM by Suikama »

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #902 on: October 11, 2013, 01:34:41 AM »

About as good as you can get out of this stupid dungeon :V

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #903 on: October 11, 2013, 02:30:02 AM »
I need Dragon Fruits out of that thing eventually, but it never wants to give me any anyway so I just don't bother. 

In other news, finally got my Harpie Demon evolved, so I'm happy.  Used the Super Gold I'd been saving.  Went from L1 to L40.  It was fun.  Not sure what to focus on now.  Maybe Echidna so her stats stop sucking so badly?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 04:42:49 AM by Jq1790 »
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #904 on: October 11, 2013, 03:28:24 AM »
I need Dragon Plants out of that thing eventually, but it never wants to give me any anyway so I just don't bother. 

In other news, finally got my Harpie Demon evolved, so I'm happy.  Used the Super Gold I'd been saving.  Went from L1 to L40.  It was fun.  Not sure what to focus on now.  Maybe Echidna so her stats stop sucking so badly?

What do you have? Btw, I think I still need to add you back.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #905 on: October 11, 2013, 04:41:59 AM »
What do you have? Btw, I think I still need to add you back.
I don't have one of those PADHerder things set up because it takes too long, so lemme look at my box(newly expanded to 60 capacity.  Is that enough?).

Excepting random materials and the TAMADRA, etc. I have:
Icedragon Plesios/L44
Devil Dragon/L56
Undine/L31
Green Dragon/LMax
Hellray Harpie Demon/L48
Vampire Lord/L30
Titan/L8
Pyro Demon/L46
Taur Demon/LMax
Mystic Fire Knight/LMax
Echidna/L23
Dark Dragon Knight/L19
Freyja/L24
D'Spinas/L13
Lil' White Dragon/LMax
Lil' Blue Dragon/LMax
Mystic Stone Knight/L17
Apollo/L5
Puzzdroid/L8

As for adding me back, that's up to you.  I go in spurts playing this due to slow progress, so I can never guarantee how long I'll stay active.  If I start feeling like I'm getting somewhere, I might stick around longer, but if I keep feeling like I'm running into a wall, well...

EDIT:  Edited previous post.  I meant to say I need FRUITS, not Plants.  Those are easy to get.
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #906 on: October 11, 2013, 09:46:25 AM »
I got 0 plants from the dungeon in like 20 tries when I was new.
Now I need plants not fruit, and the damn final wave always gives me a fruit. yarg.. at least it's still a cool 5k exp.

as for having an on and off schedule. I suggest just not playing much at all, dont' worry about stam.. just log on each day for the free magic stone which is a common as fuu event. hoarde them for a kickass godfest like Id id for chinese+angel. and roll em all. hopefully you'll get something juicy. I got haku and luci and holy carp was that a gamechanger. I went from struggling to clear any master difficulties other than tuesday to doing them without even worrying about whats inside, and being able to clear 4X as many legendaries as I could masters. I could do even more if I wasn't haveing a hard time keeping all my godly new @#%#@% leveled up =P.

Speaking of godfest.. Japanese+angel coming soon. I think I'll pass since I already have a luci and Uriel. And none of the Japanese gods really seem like they'd compliment any of what I have well., Though I'm scared that when Japense gods get ultimates finally, they'll own.. wut do.

Though I think waiting might be smart.. the next godfest is probably something godly like chinese+egyptian.. or chinese+new japanese..
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 09:52:00 AM by Ghaleon »

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #907 on: October 11, 2013, 02:25:04 PM »
I don't have one of those PADHerder things set up because it takes too long, so lemme look at my box(newly expanded to 60 capacity.  Is that enough?).

You D'spinas, Vampire Lord, and Dark Dragon Knight, so you can make a pretty good dark team if you evolve them. Just get a few Rainbow Keepers and you should make a lot of progress.

Speaking of godfest.. Japanese+angel coming soon. I think I'll pass since I already have a luci and Uriel. And none of the Japanese gods really seem like they'd compliment any of what I have well., Though I'm scared that when Japense gods get ultimates finally, they'll own.. wut do.

Though I think waiting might be smart.. the next godfest is probably something godly like chinese+egyptian.. or chinese+new japanese..

If they get good ults, just roll them next time.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #908 on: October 11, 2013, 03:35:17 PM »
Hello angelfest my old friend gimme luci please he's all I want that isn't chinese

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #909 on: October 12, 2013, 04:13:50 PM »
I like the Jewel tower. I've gotten a bunch of highs, +eggs, and 2 dub-lits.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Edible

« Reply #910 on: October 12, 2013, 05:08:37 PM »
I named my protagonist in pokemon x Bastet >_> <_<

Hopefully I can give her green contacts or something

Chaore

« Reply #911 on: October 12, 2013, 05:22:03 PM »
Man running an adhoc Suzaku team...

I like the three-color chinese girls, they're actually pretty easy and fun. Maybe I should save my stones for a chinese fest.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #912 on: October 12, 2013, 05:31:44 PM »
I like the Jewel tower. I've gotten a bunch of highs, +eggs, and 2 dub-lits.

I get some highs but thats it. Cleared masters 6 times nd haven gotten one single +egg.
+eggs hate me qq.

Chaore

« Reply #913 on: October 12, 2013, 06:10:47 PM »
I keep getting one-shot by the boss on master and burst damage teams don't do enough to even significantly dent.

Tower of jewel sucks. >:

« Reply #914 on: October 12, 2013, 06:29:24 PM »
Meanwhile I have finally gotten my hands on a tablet to play this on (though it's technically a work tablet so I don't know how long I'll have it). Arashi's advised me to wait for the godfest tonight before I start pulling, and gave me a list of what to look out for; I should be able to post details late tonight or sometime tomorrow!

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #915 on: October 12, 2013, 09:50:15 PM »
I keep getting one-shot by the boss on master and burst damage teams don't do enough to even significantly dent.

Tower of jewel sucks. >:
I beat it once with my monored because I got lucky and got two green carbuncles that I could melt.  It took 4-5 failures after that to realize that was an outlier.  Now I bring my Astaroth with a Lucifer buddy for the sweet morning star + wood/water counter attacks.  It's slower but with 36,000+ HP and 4x recovery I don't worry quite as much (I still do a little if they're sync uggggh what a BS boss fight)

Meanwhile I have finally gotten my hands on a tablet to play this on (though it's technically a work tablet so I don't know how long I'll have it). Arashi's advised me to wait for the godfest tonight before I start pulling, and gave me a list of what to look out for; I should be able to post details late tonight or sometime tomorrow!
Welcome to the party!  Yeah the Godfest starts 11PM EST so might as well wait.  Archangel Lucifer, who is arguably the best leader, is up for grabs and some people reroll over and over for that guy specifically so a 3x increased chance (of a tiny probability to be fair) at him is a good thing! 

If you haven't already, might as well start the tutorial and just stop before the 5th stage.  Save some time if you need to reroll - hopefully you'll get lucky though!

« Reply #916 on: October 12, 2013, 11:29:23 PM »
welp turns out the eco dungeon does not get any x2 rates?

Edible

« Reply #917 on: October 12, 2013, 11:53:16 PM »
Does it really need x2 rates?  I think I've always gotten everything to drop.

Maybe x2 would be useful for farming eco tiny in master instead of heaven sent, but...

« Reply #918 on: October 13, 2013, 03:05:56 AM »
Welcome to the party!  Yeah the Godfest starts 11PM EST so might as well wait.  Archangel Lucifer, who is arguably the best leader, is up for grabs and some people reroll over and over for that guy specifically so a 3x increased chance (of a tiny probability to be fair) at him is a good thing! 

[22:01:37] <rdj522> ...
[22:01:39] <rdj522> ...........
[22:01:46] <rdj522> You are going to kill me, aren't you. ;_;
[22:01:52] <@ArashiKurobara> did you get a Luci? :V
[22:01:57] <rdj522> Archangel Lucifer.
[22:02:01] <@ArashiKurobara> YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
[22:02:10] <@ArashiKurobara> I mean yeah I want one but I'm super-happy for you <3

I honestly wasn't expecting to get it on the first godfest roll I did!

Anyway, my ID is 338,277,280. Let's see if I stick with this and hopefully help people out.

triangles

« Reply #919 on: October 13, 2013, 03:13:02 AM »
MJP got the puzzlemon I wanted (Uriel for more monored shenanigans) but at least now he's got something respectable!  Hooray for newbie luck!

I rolled Yomi, that means I have to go do the ECO collab over and over otherwise I'm going to kick myself in the future doesn't it  :fail:
I still have 19 of the stupid space invaders to feed Ares for skillups clogging my box because I hate grinding for the red lowbie evolve masks :ohdear:

« Reply #920 on: October 13, 2013, 03:21:33 AM »
MJP got the puzzlemon I wanted (Uriel for more monored shenanigans) but at least now he's got something respectable!  Hooray for newbie luck!

I rolled Yomi, that means I have to go do the ECO collab over and over otherwise I'm going to kick myself in the future doesn't it  :fail:
I still have 19 of the stupid space invaders to feed Ares for skillups clogging my box because I hate grinding for the red lowbie evolve masks :ohdear:

HAVE FUN EVOLVING TINYS

god I'm not even trying to evolve more than one but I still need a billion fuckin' dubtopalits and for once Friday Dungeon this week dropped all dubmythlits all the time

Sure I needed those too but I need both!

Edible

« Reply #921 on: October 13, 2013, 03:31:25 AM »
Oh, I have enough stones for a roll, why not.

>another amaterasu

:getdown:

I guess I can ... awaken her now? <_<

triangles

« Reply #922 on: October 13, 2013, 03:46:22 AM »
HOLY CRAP the evo fodder for tiny bear hat girl that is ridiculous  :colonveeplusalpha:

And that's like even assuming I can get them, my best shot is devil counterattack hilariteam since my Metatron and healgirls sure aren't beefy enough and rofl monored heals.  Is master even worth it for the one I need?

Chaore

« Reply #923 on: October 13, 2013, 04:18:41 AM »
First Pull AA luci.

With a plus.

What the fuck this never happens to me.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #924 on: October 13, 2013, 06:35:46 AM »
HOLY CRAP the evo fodder for tiny bear hat girl that is ridiculous  :colonveeplusalpha:

And that's like even assuming I can get them, my best shot is devil counterattack hilariteam since my Metatron and healgirls sure aren't beefy enough and rofl monored heals.  Is master even worth it for the one I need?

On the bright side, if you just want skill ups, you don't need to evolve the tinys. I'd just stick to master.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #925 on: October 13, 2013, 06:57:11 AM »
On the bright side, if you just want skill ups, you don't need to evolve the tinys. I'd just stick to master.

... oh my bad I didn't realize that one had the skill right from the first stage. I'm evoing one the whole way just 'cause I didn't have a Change the World-er to start with but not fussing over skillups so I just assumed it was like the rest of the stuff. :V

FALSE ALARM

triangles

« Reply #926 on: October 13, 2013, 01:46:05 PM »
Blegh drop rate is trash and I don't have a pressing need for Change The World cause Yomi doesn't fit with Suzaku so maybe I'll just pretend I rolled her in the next Godfest.

But MJP got another stone and rolled Amateratsu so yay but he only has 30 team points total ahh early game.

« Reply #927 on: October 13, 2013, 04:27:18 PM »
Early game is kind of hilarious with high-level friends, isn't it? (thanks Arashi <3)

I'm not sure if I should really be running so many of one color this early on, but Attack Stance - Dark -> Light Orb Change seems to be working well so far.

Chaore

« Reply #928 on: October 13, 2013, 10:18:18 PM »
ANCIENT LIGHT DAGooooNNNN

It had to be the ancient dagon for the color I didn't just get a shiny mon for. Buh-

wait does luci count as light for feeding purposes.

Edible

« Reply #929 on: October 13, 2013, 10:49:01 PM »
wait does luci count as light for feeding purposes.

You'd think so, right?  But no, it only counts primary color for the feeding bonus.