Author Topic: Puzzle & Dragons 3: Whatever you do, don't spend money on this game  (Read 214972 times)

Re: Puzzle & Dragons 3: Whatever you do, don't spend money on this game
« Reply #690 on: October 01, 2013, 05:41:53 PM »
Lucifer evolved

cheesiest monster in the game GET

« Reply #691 on: October 01, 2013, 06:41:13 PM »
...i skilled up naga...

ON MY ALT ACCOUNT HOLY SHIT

WHY IS THIS ACCOUNT SO FUCKING LUCKY

also i got the extra naga from clearing Snake Princess ON INTERMEDIATE

then I fed it AND IMMEDIATE FIRST TRY SKILL UP

WHAT. THE. FUCK?

oh yeah also mythlits drop like flies

from normal dungeons
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 07:59:22 PM by Suikama »

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #692 on: October 01, 2013, 08:54:08 PM »
Oh man I saw an ult. evo. bastet video. *_*

pls.

« Reply #693 on: October 01, 2013, 09:04:31 PM »
i cant wait for the next patch either gungho plssss

Edible

« Reply #694 on: October 01, 2013, 09:09:02 PM »
Will ult evo bastet's awakening stuff be different from regular bastet?

« Reply #695 on: October 01, 2013, 09:16:39 PM »
Awakening abilities are the same for Ult evos always

The thing is if your monster is ult evoed, you need to awaken it using an also ult evoed monster, because awakenings only work with the EXACT same monster

BUT if you ult evo a monster it keeps all awakened levels and awaken levels transfer like +eggs

So what you can do is if say you have an Ult evoed Valk and a bunch of mini valks. You can evo all your mini valks to the pre ult stage (lol good luck with that), then awaken them together so you have one valk that's awoken to level 3, THEN ult it and feed it to your true Valk. That way you dont have to ult evo every single guy you feed to your main guy.

Edible

« Reply #696 on: October 01, 2013, 09:22:42 PM »
Comedy option: Fuck that noise, farm tamadras instead <_<

« Reply #697 on: October 01, 2013, 09:30:58 PM »
Hahahahaha

You thought farming nagas was annoying

I've heard people ran metal dragons like 60 times: 1 tamadra drop

So have fun with that

its definitely more worth it to just go the certain route with farmables like Nagas and save Tamadras for REM Gods or I guess Heart breakers in particular because they take more to evolve than anyone else in the game

Edible

« Reply #698 on: October 01, 2013, 09:32:47 PM »
Still more efficient than trying to farm bastets, amirite?  :fail:

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #699 on: October 01, 2013, 09:35:59 PM »
Kinda lame though how its noticeably less painful for people who get the creatures from now on as opposed to those who had them all along.

Also im reasonably sure they balanced it but I'd lol if they didnt cap the "skill cooldown -1" skill to 1 turn cd. Imagine minerva wuickbombs with 0 turn cd >=D.

Though even a 1 turn CD would be pretty nuts. People who cash and actually have her skill maxed must be lovin it.

Maxed out isis quickheal would be sweet too. Who needs siren leader ability when isis does it as a sub?

« Reply #700 on: October 01, 2013, 09:39:18 PM »
Well she's a REM god so yeah :V

Oh and uh have fun Awakening Metatron :getdown:

Also I was gonna say that Bastet's Awakening skills suck, but Extend time is actually really helpful with her new leader ability and Enhanced Wood attacks turned out to be not bad.

However Poison resist is literally useless right now and it's the first skill you get on her :derp:

Kinda lame though how its noticeably less painful for people who get the creatures from now on as opposed to those who had them all along.

Also im reasonably sure they balanced it but I'd lol if they didnt cap the "skill cooldown -1" skill to 1 turn cd. Imagine minerva wuickbombs with 0 turn cd >=D.

Though even a 1 turn CD would be pretty nuts. People who cash and actually have her skill maxed must be lovin it.

Maxed out isis quickheal would be sweet too. Who needs siren leader ability when isis does it as a sub?
Skill Boost only charges all your skills. It's not the same as a Skill Up as after you activate the skill then it goes on regular cooldown.

Also everyone gets a free Tamadra when the update comes out so you can figure out who you want to give it to now

Obviously I'm going for Isis BV
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 09:41:32 PM by Suikama »

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #701 on: October 01, 2013, 09:46:57 PM »
I'm not sure who to give it to. Kirin has those nice +light orbs, but the people I actually use most of the time are I&I and Tyrannos. I'm not going out of my way for Tamadras. I'll just get them as they come. That philosophy tends to leaves the least mad with this game.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #702 on: October 01, 2013, 10:16:23 PM »
I&I gets Enhanced Water Att as their First Skill which is pretty good for when you pop those Water orb changers and unleash a big combo.

I'll just get them as they come. That philosophy tends to leaves the least mad with this game.
Yep :V The rule is if you dont want it, it will drop :derp:

Also looks like its time for another tier list

Edible

« Reply #703 on: October 01, 2013, 10:53:58 PM »
Oh and uh have fun Awakening Metatron :getdown:

Yeah, call me when metatron actually has a use

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #704 on: October 01, 2013, 11:02:38 PM »

Yep :V The rule is if you dont want it, it will drop :derp:

That's how I got Kirin. I wanted Karin and Lucifer.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #705 on: October 01, 2013, 11:18:08 PM »
Not sure who to awaken, i was going to guess haku but when i went to look at hers she has none. CHINESE GODS SUCH AUIUGHHH!!! (Kidding).
Then i looked at luci, his suck too. In the end im thinking either siggy or venus. I like venus' more but i rarely use her (shes sooo good when she is needed though). Siggy's arent bad but not great but i almost always use him.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #706 on: October 01, 2013, 11:23:37 PM »
Not sure who to awaken, i was going to guess haku but when i went to look at hers she has none. CHINESE GODS SUCH AUIUGHHH!!! (Kidding).
Then i looked at luci, his suck too. In the end im thinking either siggy or venus. I like venus' more but i rarely use her (shes sooo good when she is needed though). Siggy's arent bad but not great but i almost always use him.

What do you mean? Haku gets +reds, blues, and blacks, doesn't she? Are you looking at the evolved version?

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #707 on: October 01, 2013, 11:34:58 PM »
TAMADORA TIER LIST

So here's a priority list of monsters for feeding your first free Tamadora to.

Isis tier
Isis - I'm fucking biased okay

Top tier - if you main one of these guys then Tamadra away (typically good leaders with skill boost as their first ability)
Both Odins - You get Skill Boost right off the bat. Plus if you have an Odin you've probably been pimping him out with +eggs and whatnot for PAL points anyways so why stop now?
Astaroth - If you use her as your primary leader then Skill Boost will be nice for getting all of those gravities up sooner.
Amaterasu - BIND HEAL :D. And also later on BIND IMMUNITY :D :D. If Ammy's your main girl then go for it *coughArashicough*
Norse Gods - They get enhanced att, which doesn't look like it adds that much but technically speaking neither does +orbs (and I think single skillwise this is stronger). But extra damage is extra damage, plus they get another enhanced att at level 3 for more damage. I still do prefer +orbs over enhanced att. damage but hell you can always get both for maximum damage fun. Also Norse leaders are pretty much the only good leaders aside from DarkMeta/Satan that gets this skill and Norse gods are gonna get even more future buffs so go for it.
Dark Metatron- Enhanced att for more damage and then afterwards a skill boost party yay
Chinese gods - You get +Orbs of their main attribute. Definitely worth if you use them as your main leader as it will help you deal EVEN MORE DAMAGE especially once you get more +orbs your subs as well.
The upcoming new japanese gods - holy shit these guys are OP

High tier - good alternatives to the top tier
Hades - He gets +orbs right away so get it if you main a mono dark team, but prioritize your leader first.
Neptune - Same as Hades but for water teams.
Light Metatron - Auto heal is nice, but its only for 500 HP. She does get other good things down the line as well though, like full bind immunity(!), bind heal, and even a skill boost, but good luck getting that many tamadra

Mid tier - mostly leveling up for better later skills tier
Shiva - First skill is extended orb move time which is eh for him cause he's not really a combo kinda guy. His next skill is Skill Boost though which is great so if you main him then feed him one and farm up the next for essentially a skill up on his ability.
Uriel/Gabriel/Micheal - +Atk is meh, but their second skill is Skill Boost, so if you use these guys as your primary leader then you can work towards it with your first Tamadra.
Ares/Hermes/Artemis - Ditto above
Heartbreakers - Same as the trios above but you get +orbs instead of skill boost. +HP is actually pretty good for Valk who needs all the HP she can get, but you mostly want to set up for +orbs to set up a potential 100% enhanced orb party.
Orbchanger Ninjas - Ditto heartbreakers, but they also get skill boost as thier lv 3 ability oh baby.
Golems - They all get +orbs yay. They are 'technically' farmable but as some of you know how well that has gone for me. Still you're better off prioritizing REM gods and Skill boosts.
Venus - first skill is garbage, but then auto heal and skill boost saves the day
Ceres- Bind heal, but you probably don't use her as a leader.
Bastet - poison resist is useless, but enhanced att is good... but it's her level 3 ability, welp. second ability is useful with her ult evo ability but still kinda eh

Decent but who even uses these guys tier
Parvati - She gets poison resist first, but +orbs second. Useful for Green Goemon teams, but who the hell here has one of those?
Lakshimi - No one uses her, but if for some reason you do, then you get a Skill Boost yay
Minerva - No one u(ry

Low tier
Any REM god with a +stat ability. You get 10 +eggs worth of stats, but you're better off going for better skills first. If your lead guy is already fully MAXed out and you still want more stats then sure go ahead.
Elementals - They get skill boost right away and are getting buffed. Other than that they skill are kinda meh but hey buffs are cool.

No tier (typically guys that can be farmed)
Descend Gods -  Zeus/Heras/Satan/Goemon/etc - Their first skill sucks (except for Satan) All of these guys are farmable and although it costs 880k xp to evolve them, you're better off saving tamadra for REM monsters and just farming these guys for awakening.
Mystic Knights - Same as the heartbreakers, but their first skill is IMO the worst in the game. Also these guys can be farmed, which is the biggest reason to not consider them, except for maybe if you main ADK and really really like him.
King Slimes - most of them just get stats (which they do need), Bubblie gets Skill boosts which is amazing, but all of these guys can be farmed easily. If you've ever tried skilling them up, well this is 100x easier.
Lucifer - +atk seems like a big waste. Maybe if Lucifer is your main leader and there's no one else you give a fuck about. But even then you're better off giving it to Hades or something.
Healer girls - Oh hey finally a use for all those Dryad copies you got from the REM! :D

Absolutely not
Horus - useless
Ra - USELESS, ITS ALL USELESS AAAAAA
Dungeon Dragons - You can very easily farm them up and feed them to each other for awakening. Please don't waste your precious tamadras here.
Anyone farmable really
Anyone REM god you have duplicates of. Just evolve and use the duplicate.

SO WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN?
If your main leader is in the Top or High tier, then go ahead and let them eat your first Tamadra. If your favorite leader is Mid tier and you also own a higher tier leader who you dont use as much (like hyo's Kirin or Triangle's Leilan), then you can either choose to either feed the higher tier or your main and farm a second Tamadra for that skill boost/+orb bonus (in the case of triangle's Ares, O4rfish's Shiva, and Chaore's Hermes). Either is fine. For those of you who are still using Siren as a primary leader, it's probably best to hold onto the little bugger for now until you get someone good from a Godfest or something.

tl;dr
feed your main leader unless their skills suck

Also Ghaleon you have to awaken your Haku for both of our sakes :V :V :V
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 11:57:05 PM by Suikama »

« Reply #708 on: October 01, 2013, 11:39:10 PM »
Also Edible if you hate your Metatron so much then you're probably best off going with Valk. Bastet's first skill sucks while Valk gets HP which she desperately needs. She then gets +orbs as her second skill which is also great. Hell the final +50 atk is good too.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #709 on: October 01, 2013, 11:51:10 PM »
Blarg i was looking at non evo haku thanks.

And your lis missed venus, whose skills are good minus her first.
First is lame but 2nd is 500 autoheal which is better than it seems because if you're using her, you are taking advantage of 60% (possibly more depending on friend)  damage resist, so itll be over 1000 hp of effective reheal for something that isnt even normally a healer.

I was able to clear legendary samurai light dragon using her and minerva, thats 80% reduction, so 2500 damage effectively self-healed damage every turn if i had suh an ability.

Then she gets skill boost too =p, which frankly, i find dungeons i need resistance leads for, i tend to need my skills ASAP in those dungeons more than any other (mostly cuz the resist is for the boss and not the trash so the trash is the biggest threat).

« Reply #710 on: October 01, 2013, 11:55:14 PM »
lol oops i totally skipped over her because i saw two way attack and just went nope

All the Roman gods are decent, but also kinda situational because they are only useful as leaders for dungeons they resist

I wouldn't feed them my first tamadra but I would get to them eventually

Okay I did skip a few others that I didnt think deserved mentioning because they arent really used as leaders or used at all.
Starter dragons
They do get skill boost but only as their third ability. Also you can farm them from certain dungeons. If you really have no one else to awaken then I guessss you can go for it but eh imo a waste.

Ripper dragons
Same as above. Their first two skills are really useless as an additional 4% reduction on top of their 50% reduction skill really only amounts to an additional 2% reduction. Also farmable, so just... dont.

Carbuncle/Goblin/Ogres/Devils
If you're using them, they get really good awakening skills, but you can easily easily easily farm them please dont waste tamadra on them please please just dont

Late bloomer dragons/Riders
They get good skills but they still suck as subs. If you pulled 123091 of these guys from the REM just awaken them with each other.

Hino/Orochi/Susano
See "Any REM god with a +stat ability."

Yomi
If you're using Yomi in an anubis team then awakening is actually a good idea. +orbs and a whole extra second to move orbs is great, but really only for Anubis teams.

Virtra
If you're using him on a mono dark team then you actually get some good damage + skill boost with him.

Toy dragons
Resist skill ugh. Bind resist is useful but they need to be level 3 ughh

Mythical Beast
If you're lucky enough to have one of these, they get some good skills, but not as their first one. Especially Phoenix's trolly auto heal godfuckingdammit.

Sticker girl
Auto heal and bind heal are nice but first skill is just +hp

Other archdemons
If you're using them as leaders then sure, otherwise nah

Anubis
level 3 extend move can be useful, but bind resist is in front. would have been nicer if he just has 3 extend moves. okay that would be fucking awesome actually.

Athena
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 12:19:51 AM by Suikama »

Edible

« Reply #711 on: October 02, 2013, 12:00:41 AM »
Also Edible if you hate your Metatron so much then you're probably best off going with Valk. Bastet's first skill sucks while Valk gets HP which she desperately needs. She then gets +orbs as her second skill which is also great. Hell the final +50 atk is good too.

Yeah I was planning on awakening valk anyway, she's in practically every team I run regardless

« Reply #712 on: October 02, 2013, 12:26:03 AM »
For Healer teams in general you want pretty much everyone awoken as much as possible because you get a bunch of stats out of it.

+HP and +ATK for Valk. +HP and +Atk for Echidna. +HP for Siren (and Auto healll). and +HPx2 for King Shynee. For a total of +500 HP for 1 valk, +600HP if you have two.

It's probably best to save Tamadra for Valks and then just farm and evolve the rest.

Also if anyone else wants team awakening consulting then feel free to ask because I just fucking love theorycrafting
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 12:34:41 AM by Suikama »

« Reply #713 on: October 02, 2013, 01:44:22 AM »
ugh i just realized beating valk with goemon partly hinges on NOT getting any water demons on floor four

i just know im gonna get fucked over

oh hey the masks CAN ALSO BIND

Edible how did you clear this shit
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 01:46:56 AM by Suikama »

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #714 on: October 02, 2013, 02:19:48 AM »
ugh i just realized beating valk with goemon partly hinges on NOT getting any water demons on floor four

i just know im gonna get fucked over

oh hey the masks CAN ALSO BIND

Edible how did you clear this shit

If it makes you feel better, I'm going to tackle it with a Snow Dome Dragon team. It'll take forever, and if I get a fire demon, I'm screwed. I also have to tank several Valk blades to the face for like 30-50 turns.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #715 on: October 02, 2013, 02:28:36 AM »
So I may have just maxed my echidna.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #716 on: October 02, 2013, 02:36:09 AM »
hmm, so I was thinking I'd have an advantage with valk cuz of my venus but then I noticed pretty much none of the trash is light, and many of them can nearly 1shot a venus resist team I make... Looks like I'd just have to double luci+hera sub it. The boss herself would be pretty hairy though because she'd kill me in 3 turns with an all black beef team using her weak attack. 2 turns if I had a siren, which probably I shouldn't since my siren's skill level is just 3.. yarg. Even all that, the triple demon round is pretty serious... Yeahh. I think I'll just say out of my resources still....

oh wait.. I was looking at mythical. herp....
Legend looks like I might be able to do it with a bit of luck regarding no bad luck streaks with hearts. But still will be close since my luci and hera are still only level 50ish, my siren isn't pimped out, and only skill level 3, and I don't even know if I have the teamsize to fill up the last two slots with both rainbowkeepers, maybe. not sure. Maybe I'd use echnida instead of siren. I just find I do better with her. She doesn't heal directly but gives me 4 turns to do so. When does Valk use her 10 turn shield though, turn 1? PDX doesn't say. Is it a 1 time use?

« Reply #717 on: October 02, 2013, 02:47:21 AM »
Her shield is one time 1st turn use

Also if you have a dual luci team with three gravities you can actually one hit kill Valk even on Mythical :V

Also I think its possible to clear Legend with Haku since she's dark
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 02:49:06 AM by Suikama »

« Reply #718 on: October 02, 2013, 03:02:33 AM »
Yeah proooooooobably Ammy for me though I am trying to branch out a bit. (Did pull a Shiva this morning, my mono options are expanding!)

Also loooooooool (attached). And I wasn't even really trying, just popping skills. :V

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #719 on: October 02, 2013, 03:27:41 AM »
Yeah proooooooobably Ammy for me though I am trying to branch out a bit. (Did pull a Shiva this morning, my mono options are expanding!)

Also loooooooool (attached). And I wasn't even really trying, just popping skills. :V

I've only done that in tricolors. Sadly, it's more practical to have some of the orbs not be blue for combos. I learned that the hard way dealing with the demons.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff