Author Topic: Puzzle & Dragons 3: Whatever you do, don't spend money on this game  (Read 214953 times)

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
Re: Puzzle & Dragons 3: Whatever you do, don't spend money on this game
« Reply #540 on: September 21, 2013, 03:42:03 AM »
I wanted 3 sticker girls.

I rolled twice.

-I got the two I didn't want-.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #541 on: September 21, 2013, 04:40:30 AM »
Godfest is x3 god ratio... How good is carnival ratio?
Even if its food im scared ill get pierdra AGAIN.

what the heck, imma do 2 pulls, more than half of this is REALLY good and I got lucky TWICE today with a couple irl things, lets hope I'm lucky in the game too.

Here goes:
Vampire, cupid... doh
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 05:01:05 AM by Ghaleon »

« Reply #542 on: September 21, 2013, 05:16:32 AM »
dammit bowmore

dat defense

i shoulda brought neptune

Chaore

« Reply #543 on: September 21, 2013, 06:43:10 PM »
Carnival ratio is the base shitty chance to get a gold.

So uh, generally don't pull no matter how good the carnival looks.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #544 on: September 21, 2013, 10:32:15 PM »
I decided to do one pull for the heck of it. I mean, I have Kirin, and 10 stones. Why not?

I got a Lucifer.

Spoiler:
An Archdemon one.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #545 on: September 22, 2013, 05:20:31 AM »
guys how do you horus

Thanks to GreenVirus for the Siggy.
My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #546 on: September 22, 2013, 05:32:38 AM »
guys how do you horus

Cram in as much utility as you can and match ALL the orbs.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Chaore

« Reply #547 on: September 22, 2013, 06:52:45 AM »
Alternatively, Heart breakers and Echidna.

Alternatively, be a bullshit wizard like everyone god damn else that plays.

then sob because every board is tri-color

« Reply #548 on: September 22, 2013, 07:02:39 AM »
then sob because every board is tri-color

And then you run Isis or Anubis instead. o/

« Reply #549 on: September 22, 2013, 07:52:03 AM »
Im getting the hang of horus now.

I need a naga.

Thanks to GreenVirus for the Siggy.
My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

« Reply #550 on: September 22, 2013, 08:28:08 PM »
every time i horus i fuck up

isis is way better anyways

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #551 on: September 22, 2013, 08:36:30 PM »
I prefer isis for most things but if its green dungeon, horus for sure.

Lol, between having a love deity cosmo venus, and a lucifer (double damage nuke), light war dragon is cake. I might actually be able to no stone legend.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 12:35:55 AM by Ghaleon »

« Reply #552 on: September 24, 2013, 06:43:12 PM »
Aaaand Koryu's awakening skills are triple resist...

so basically Kirin food :derp:

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #553 on: September 24, 2013, 11:06:41 PM »
Bastet Ult Evo: "Leader Skill: Combo counts at 3 is 2x ATK and increase by 0.5x ATK for each combo up to 5 combos."

Her ability's still pretty weak, but better than it was at least.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #554 on: September 25, 2013, 12:46:32 AM »
Thats actually pretty good if you want an isis ability with a monoish team.

Edit: since they actually buffed her leader abigy, maybe da greek gawds will get improvements in that area too yay.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 01:00:53 AM by Ghaleon »

Chaore

« Reply #555 on: September 25, 2013, 02:21:11 AM »
Unlikely.

Like, Bastet's leader ability was improvable by keeping the numbers the same, just changing how it worked. The greek god's can't be changed except by changing the numbers.

The most realistic of this would be a 2x/1.5x/1.5x spread or so. And even then thats just too versatile a spread to have a decent boost attached onto.

At the same time 1.5x modifiers alone are frankly p.useless so it's also like why the fuck use apollo or perse.

The 1.5x gods are frankly just kinda meh and that's not fixable.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #556 on: September 25, 2013, 03:25:54 AM »
Imo a 1.8x/1.8x/1.8x would be pretty satisfactory.

Chaore

« Reply #557 on: September 25, 2013, 04:42:28 AM »
I think you missed what I meant.

Like. Entirely. Because you just changed the numbers when I said you can't.

The problem with that and my suggestion is you stack them you get 3.25x to everything which is a really good bost to everything. And yes it's technically 'under' 4x boosts but holy fucking shit you can actually have that large of boost to everything. That's huge and really fucking broken for monos.

This is shitty for the meta in a lot of ways (For one it flatout destroys 4/2/2s and makes attack 2x leaders shitty because you can't really work a team that isn't outdone by tri-leaders) and generally does not make up for 'fixing' a few 'meh' monsters.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #558 on: September 25, 2013, 04:55:41 AM »

Apollo and Percy aren't bad. Their stats are pretty good. They rival the Norse god ultis. People use Apollo in Kirin and Athena. And with the devil typing I'm sure Percy will see more use.

The RGB gods are in a far worse position. They could probably use stat buffs.

I think Shiva and Lakshmi need a remake. Especially Lakshmi. Her ability makes starter dragon look good, and it doesn't even feel like a fortune teller move.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Chaore

« Reply #559 on: September 25, 2013, 05:03:53 AM »
Shiva has been utterly -destroyed- by the new puzzdroid ulti. I'm not sure we can recover him.

Lakshimi simply never had a chance.

I don't think Gungho does remakes though so uh. Yeah! That's a thing forever and ever now.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #560 on: September 25, 2013, 05:36:32 AM »
Shiva has been utterly -destroyed- by the new puzzdroid ulti. I'm not sure we can recover him.

Lakshimi simply never had a chance.

I don't think Gungho does remakes though so uh. Yeah! That's a thing forever and ever now.

I wouldn't say utterly destroyed. Shiva still bests him in stats and is a different color. The only thing Puzzdroid changed was that you won't see Shiva wedged into random blue/green teams that need an armor killer. In terms of function, I'd argue Norses got screwed over harder with the slimes.
Yeah, I doubt Gungho does remakes. It'd probably piss off the 5 people who actually like Lakshmi's ability.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #561 on: September 25, 2013, 07:23:48 AM »
well yeah slapping devil on her might be useful for some groups, I haven't really looked at devil groups myself but whatever. as for 1.8X3 not being an option because it makes 4/2/2 groups obsolete, frankly I already do think they're kinda there for just about everything but lazy spam dungeons. For anything that you need to be serious for and place an effort, It doesn't seem like those are very viable unless you have like the absolute best possible collection of subs for a specific dungeon with no compromises at all.. That and I wasn't meaning 1.8 exactly. I don't think there's like no line at all between totally useless, and overpowered. There's got to be SOME number that makes their leader abilities useful, but not op.

But yeah, maybe the devil thing is enough for devil based groups.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #562 on: September 25, 2013, 01:41:36 PM »
well yeah slapping devil on her might be useful for some groups, I haven't really looked at devil groups myself but whatever. as for 1.8X3 not being an option because it makes 4/2/2 groups obsolete, frankly I already do think they're kinda there for just about everything but lazy spam dungeons. For anything that you need to be serious for and place an effort, It doesn't seem like those are very viable unless you have like the absolute best possible collection of subs for a specific dungeon with no compromises at all.. That and I wasn't meaning 1.8 exactly. I don't think there's like no line at all between totally useless, and overpowered. There's got to be SOME number that makes their leader abilities useful, but not op.

But yeah, maybe the devil thing is enough for devil based groups.

It'll be a great boost to Hera-Ur lead teams, as they tend to suffer in the RCV department. As for mono-teams, mono-blue can tackle Goemon, Two Heroes, and Hera-Ur. I remember someone saying that all they need to do is make the mono-leads give 2.5 instead of 2 attack.

EDIT: Toydragon buffs and Ookunisushi buffs, yay. I just need to see what the water knight ult-evo looks like now.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 02:15:29 PM by hyorinryu »

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #563 on: September 25, 2013, 02:54:01 PM »
Toy dragon buffs? Nice.
Anybody know any high level light-ult minervas? I need one to tackle legendary light war dragon. I almost did it with a low level one but the samurai goblin+tree dude attacked me at the same time for BARELY more than my maxhp... That goblin was at like 5% health too qq. I fant imagine the last 2 waves would have been any trouble with 80% resistance and double damage luci.

« Reply #564 on: September 25, 2013, 04:39:04 PM »
poring tower yaaayyy

time to finally skill up all these heartbreakers

Chaore

« Reply #565 on: September 25, 2013, 04:44:01 PM »

4/2/2's overall obsoleteness is kind of moot. The problem is that shoots them straight in the foot and is a bad thing because that's -not- what the trimono leaders are supposed to do. There is like an exact reason tri-mono leaders are 1.5 and it's because they're not -supposed- to be better than 4/2/2 teams.  That's the real problem.

Also nope! No line. You can't nestle between meh and op because the problem isn't the numbers it's where it's going (Everywhere). There are literally too places where you can go with that! Meh boosts- where we currently are, which is just too weak to be relevant or Decent boosts- which are too strong BECAUSE the boost goes everywhere. The core problem is how the skill is, not the numbers.

So no there really isn't a number that solves that. They're just kind of in a bad place because gungho doesn't want them overtly better than 2x leaders, but not having them overtly better makes them kind of useless. So yeah.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #566 on: September 25, 2013, 05:24:56 PM »
I disagree about a magical lack of decent balance area in the world of balancing numbers, but I wont argue that.

But The thing is I think that you're worried too much about them making some other older already pretty obsolete leaders MORE obsolete. I'm thinking that they should just put all the weaker ones up to par with the new stuff rather than worry about holding anyone back so that they don't make the other stuff that still needs buffing even more obsolete.

But the rcv on devil thing is good enough. Not every god needs to have a great leader ability, good sub stats are fine too IMO. My only beef with persephone is that her activated ability really is pretty limited in use if she isn't the leader (or some other mono dark team lead). Most gods who are made to sub more than lead generally have activated abilities that kinda work well no matter who your leader is.

Chaore

« Reply #567 on: September 25, 2013, 08:02:33 PM »
I...

What? No. Bad. Tri-mono stuff like Apollo and Perse are not Newer shinier stuff than 2x leader for gods sake they're -in the same god damn pantheon as several 2x leaders- You don't get to argue they're older and more obsolete! For god's sake I'm arguing them on the same level as the 2x leaders because that's the kind of stuff they're comparable to and MEANT TO BE COMPARABLE TO BY DESIGN. Their boosts are lower because they're being compared to the 2x to 2 stats leaders.

I am worried about them obsoleting them because that is exactly the kind of leaders they're directly comparable to and in the same bracket as. Like. Exactly.

I am not however worried about making them punch against egyptian, chinese, lucifer etc. teams because that's way out of their bracket and really fucking revolutionary to try.

What I'm doing is keeping them realistically in their bracket.

If you want to try and argue why we should make mono-teams have bigger stronger numbers that's another talk entirely and one that ends in me telling you the trick to making mono-teams more popular is dungeon design that encourages playing mono-teams instead of making mono-teams stronger.

« Reply #568 on: September 25, 2013, 08:08:45 PM »
other colors need better subs

mono black is op because fucking gravities for days on top of lucifers

everything dies, no effort needed

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #569 on: September 25, 2013, 08:12:44 PM »
Chaore I understand the point you're trying to make but you shouldn't be making it to Ghaleon, you should be making it to Gungho (who will ignore you because they're already giving persephone et al an ult evo which will, given the endless power creep of the game, improve her and her friends dramatically)