Author Topic: Puzzle & Dragons 3: Whatever you do, don't spend money on this game  (Read 214981 times)

Re: Puzzle & Dragons 3: Whatever you do, don't spend money on this game
« Reply #270 on: September 05, 2013, 09:41:45 PM »
for resist odin teams, i recommend two sirens if possible (you just need over 8213 hp to survive hades hits with resistOdin but more always helps with the stage itself) because venus and hera pounds on you every turn so you need to heal every turn or else odin wont kick in. With only one Siren you can still get screwed over with 0 hp orbs, but with 2 + echinda its almost impossible to run out

Also Echidna + Siren + Siren + Lilith has crazy high RCV and if you have a MAX Odin friend then you should meet the HP requirement easily

also if youre doing double luci you can just run 4 rainbow keepers and laugh at everything because HOLY SHIT SO MUCH HEALTH

you dont even need to worry about hades because you have so many rainbow keepers. just pop one every time hades attacks, and by the time you run out, your first rainbow keeper will be charged again
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 09:48:29 PM by Uncle Suikama »

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #271 on: September 05, 2013, 09:51:32 PM »
for resist odin teams, i recommend two sirens if possible (you just need over 8213 hp to survive hades hits with resistOdin but more always helps with the stage itself) because venus and hera pounds on you every turn so you need to heal every turn or else odin wont kick in. With only one Siren you can still get screwed over with 0 hp orbs, but with 2 + echinda its almost impossible to run out

Also Echidna + Siren + Siren + Lilith has crazy high RCV and if you have a MAX Odin friend then you should meet the HP requirement easily

also if youre doing double luci you can just run 4 rainbow keepers and laugh at everything because HOLY SHIT SO MUCH HEALTH

you dont even need to worry about hades because you have so many rainbow keepers. just pop one every time hades attacks, and by the time you run out, your first rainbow keeper will be charged again

Only problem with having a lot of healers on your team is that the devils in the first few stages can give you hell if you can't kill them fast enough. That was a problem last time I did it.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #272 on: September 05, 2013, 10:13:42 PM »
Well the problems to that plan are
1) I only have the one Siren.  I have a Shardan the second level evolution who is skill level 5 I think but absolute garbage stats so I hesitate to put him in place of Enchidna and in RK's spot I have no chance at hitting the HP because...
2) I don't know if I'll have access to a super Odin, I know there's a good chance I'll see more than the 2 non evolved ones that I can use today but I don't want to have to rely on that, as that's what did me in for 2 Heroes
3) ^^^^^ what he said about killing stage 1-4.

« Reply #273 on: September 06, 2013, 01:21:57 AM »
times died to stone dragon carbuncles so far: 3

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #274 on: September 06, 2013, 01:29:07 AM »
Stage 1-4 is my issue with zombie teams too.

Also gl suikama- I'm not even touching stone dagons for a long ass time >>

« Reply #275 on: September 06, 2013, 01:31:54 AM »
that last try was especially painful because I tried to do it with resist stall without realizing blue dragons have friggin 150 HP. all that stalling just to die to carbuncles yet again

I think I'm just gonna try KirinIsis and just one hit everything

...once i have my poor stamina back

Chaore

« Reply #276 on: September 06, 2013, 01:44:18 AM »
Meanwhile I fuck up on AFD Master again.

./facedesk

« Reply #277 on: September 06, 2013, 01:53:56 AM »
AFD master took me 2 tries to clear even on master despite all my isis practice

thing is 7 million hp is a metric fuckton even with double isis madness, so you're going to need to have enough RCV to live for quite a number of turns ( i think it took me around 20ish turns to take it down)

i used Isis, Siren, Berserk, Echidna, Green Dragon, Isis

dual chimeras are instantly killed using berserk's skill to make a bajillion water matches. remember separate matches are stronger than combined ones (for example 2 matches of 3 water orbs is stronger than 1 match of 6 orbs) so after activating berserk try to separate the water orbs so you have as many matches as possible while still getting at least 1 green and 1 red match

make sure to stall enough so you can Echidna before the boss gets a single turn, because he puts up a guard immediately. you can stall a bit on Boss Echidna if need be since she has a chance of doing nothing or just messing with your orbs

during the boss fight, match shit like crazy, focusing mostly on water orbs. If he uses his orb change skill, pop berserk and then try to clear all the light orbs as you combo. Use Siren when necessary.

also i just realized i could have used Uriel to not give a fuck about the light orb change but whatever, there's still legend i guess...

Chaore

« Reply #278 on: September 06, 2013, 01:59:59 AM »
Really I just either accidentally fail to match hearts or get precision bound on a leader.

By all means I should've had a win last night but...bluh. At this rate just spamming expert seems like a better idea. >:

« Reply #279 on: September 06, 2013, 02:33:09 AM »
man i was wondering how satan was possible

then i saw a video of him being cleared with goemon

goemon skill + horus + freyr = 1 shot satan

he has 6666666 hp

ho ly shit

Chaore

« Reply #280 on: September 06, 2013, 02:46:31 AM »
So I need a goemon! Noted.

« Reply #281 on: September 06, 2013, 03:05:19 AM »
if you wanna pull that off you also need freyr and parvati

both of whom are REM only

welp at least you can sub horus with pheonix or hera-ur

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #282 on: September 06, 2013, 03:26:21 AM »
Why would you WANT satan for anything other rhan a goeman team?

Chaore

« Reply #283 on: September 06, 2013, 03:47:12 AM »
if you wanna pull that off you also need freyr and parvati

both of whom are REM only

welp at least you can sub horus with pheonix or hera-ur

I -have- horus and freyr which is why I said that you doofus :v

« Reply #285 on: September 06, 2013, 12:43:37 PM »
holy shit Ra, Susanoo, AND Orochi how have you not beaten this game yet

Ra, Echidna, Susanoo, Orochi, Hades is pretty much my dream team. no boss can stop this onslaught of pure damage

triangles

« Reply #286 on: September 06, 2013, 02:58:34 PM »
So I've been doing Hera's dungeon for ??? how long and just made it to Minerva!  Had to use a stone on Venus cause I lifted my finger too early and WHOOPS.  But man I'm relying on poison anyway because depending on what colors I combo I ain't breaking that defence  :ohdear:  At least it's practice for Neptune?

But my logic is spending a few stones given I have dismal luck during Godfests (this last one was the exception) is worth it to get a superpuzzlemon.

« Reply #287 on: September 06, 2013, 03:46:58 PM »
you can speed things up a little bit by making small 1 combos on turns where you're already full hp and there's no threat of damage, since poison ticks every turn you can speed up your damage by plowing through unimportant turns, especially during hades where after he lands a hit and you heal to full, you get a few turns where nothing happens

just be careful that you dont forget to heal all the way to full :derp:

triangles

« Reply #288 on: September 06, 2013, 06:53:31 PM »
Yay I win the prize :toot:  Man am I glad you can just close the lid and put the game on pause otherwise I don't even know what I'd probably have cried.

just be careful that you dont forget to heal all the way to full :derp:
:derp: :derp: :derp: Did this once when I got distracted the turn right after I had used the Siren and my delay was still on cooldown.  Hahaha that was a bit scary but after using all 3 turns of the emergency OHSHIT Rainbow Keeper skill + super massive wombo 10x cascade combo with 3 sets of hearts I caught back up.

Chaore

« Reply #289 on: September 06, 2013, 06:59:53 PM »
holy shit Ra, Susanoo, AND Orochi how have you not beaten this game yet

Ra, Echidna, Susanoo, Orochi, Hades is pretty much my dream team. no boss can stop this onslaught of pure damage

Surprisingly Evolving and leveling all this stuff is hard. :v

Ra and Susanoo are new acquires too- Honestly atm I'm more interested in dagon dungeons (War, Ancients) and leveling/evolving than plowing through errything.

« Reply #290 on: September 06, 2013, 07:26:44 PM »
i have so many stupid dragons from these dungeons lets tra-wait shit

Chaore

« Reply #291 on: September 06, 2013, 07:35:18 PM »
...I think you completely misinterpreted what I said :v

also -fuck binds- again.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #292 on: September 06, 2013, 08:00:17 PM »
Im currently at hera herself, she's got like 66% health left and my twin lucis have about 6 more turns until they can nuke again. 0 stones so far but her herself is giving me some pretty hairy moment.
Heart orbs havent totally abandoned me yet but there hVe been a few times where i make like an 8 combo and only get 1 or 2 more hearts out of the deal.

Really wishing i had a hades instead of luci at this point =p. i also wish i took ecchi-nida instead of my 68 vampire lord. I knew his active would be near useless (was actually good for killing hades in time though), but i wasnt sure if id have enough hp to survive hades without his x4 hp.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #293 on: September 06, 2013, 11:13:18 PM »
Beat Hera again. No stones this time. I even got a mystic dark knight out of it. Maxed out Sirens are beautiful things. Now on to Zeus/Valkyrie.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Chaore

« Reply #294 on: September 06, 2013, 11:46:06 PM »
Hmm.

I could gather myth/dubmythlits for the multiple things I need to evolve, try hera and engage in shenaniganry that might nab me a shiny.

Or I can infuriate myself by trying and messing up on the same thing.

Ten bucks I know what I'm trying!

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #295 on: September 06, 2013, 11:46:47 PM »
Hmm.

I could gather myth/dubmythlits for the multiple things I need to evolve, try hera and engage in shenaniganry that might nab me a shiny.

Or I can infuriate myself by trying and messing up on the same thing.

Ten bucks I know what I'm trying!

What's your team look like?

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Chaore

« Reply #296 on: September 06, 2013, 11:53:09 PM »
My Mono-blue for AFD is Hermes/Sieg/MechWarrior/Siren/FenrirKnight/I&I. It can reach and beat ardberg I just keep messing up or getting binds on I&I or Hermes.

My collection for building a Hera team is Here. I'd run an Odin/Resist I'd think.

And for mythlits I have Shiva. :v

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #297 on: September 06, 2013, 11:55:31 PM »
3 stones for two heras and  MIK. Now I have to level them ...
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #298 on: September 07, 2013, 01:54:12 AM »
I had to blow 2 stones on hera.. once because the game pulled one of those surprise 16 orb combos out of nowhere when I was at near full health, took ALL my heart orbs, and didn't give me ONE in return.. and failed to do so like 6 turns after. yay.. the 2nd time was just me derping twice in like 5 turns (I was stressed ok? qq)

hopefully now that edible has a hades for me to use it'll be easier (2.5X effective hp and rcv instead of 2.0x for hera (and hades, who incidently was the 2nd hardest boss), as well as massive dps increase without the hp sacrifice via gravity, yay!).

I also am using ecchi-nida for my last slot instead of vampire lord, would have been better even with luci's 2x bonus, but now I have one less luci so not only is it better anyway, but I sacrifice less stats to boot.

triangles

« Reply #299 on: September 07, 2013, 03:47:55 AM »
Wait I'm supposed to go fetch multiple Heras?
Forget that noise I'm not wasting X many hours doing that slogfest of a dungeon again  :colbert: 

Once she evolves Hera's gonna be a star member in my future Astaroth counterattack devil hilari-team ohoho.