Author Topic: Puzzle & Dragons 3: Whatever you do, don't spend money on this game  (Read 214922 times)

Re: Puzzle & Dragons 3: Whatever you do, don't spend money on this game
« Reply #210 on: September 01, 2013, 04:36:46 AM »
Had five stones this morning (one from the 20 million celebration gift egg, four from two daily messages).

Waited until the godfest activated.

"Only" got a Machine Golem (well, three stars DOES classify as "rare"...)

Not too bothered, since I didn't have one yet. And it'll probably work better than my White Knight, once I fuse a few light creatures into it (it only showed up at L4...).

(I will admit there's one situation where I *will* buy a set of six stones--when I have no stones, but I still need to expand the monster box. One stone to expand, the other five to treat myself to the REM, whether or not anything special is planned that day.)

Still, I rather wish there were somewhat easy and/or dependable ways to get my hands on Aesir and/or Ssu-Ling.

Nem

• Grrrr!
  • Gimmie money!
« Reply #211 on: September 01, 2013, 04:58:55 AM »
Because I always wanted a Dino Rider!

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #212 on: September 01, 2013, 11:30:53 AM »
Oh boy Godfest tonight! 
I've got 15 gem eggs and I could use so many of them as a sub so given my luck with these things that means I'm going to come away with like a Dryad, Cupid, and a Mystic Fire Knight who doesn't give the skill up  :V

JUST WATCH YOU GUYS

OK I need to assume I'm getting all garbagerolls more often because I just rolled my 3 shots and got
Suzaku
Ceres
Archangel Metatron

WELL THEN. This sure balances out the last 2 or 3 where I rolled 100% junk.  Now what sort of teams do I build? i am only used to my Ares super-red.  Do I stand a chance at any of the special one day only dungeons now?

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #213 on: September 01, 2013, 02:33:46 PM »
Suzaku will make a great lead to build a team around, especially since you can use Ares as a sub.  Well pulled!

And yes, Suzaku teams will be able to get you through nearly every dungeon.  I recommend finding some other Suzaku friends to pad your friend list.

triangles

« Reply #214 on: September 01, 2013, 03:19:31 PM »
Oh so like my brother who got one during the last Godfest :V

What about the Metatron?  It seems like with +Healer bonus attack passive I could thrown in my Siren, Echidna, Lilith (and I guess at some point evolved Ceres?) and healbot my way through things?  Or no it'll still end badly?

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #215 on: September 01, 2013, 03:30:10 PM »
It's exceptionally good at healbot stuff but that's a pretty slow approach, whereas if you can consistently land suzaku hilarity it will take zero seconds to clear everything :V

« Reply #216 on: September 01, 2013, 03:57:55 PM »
I am 1 dungeon away from legendary earth

ie 2 dungeons away from finally "beating" this game :v

« Reply #217 on: September 01, 2013, 05:08:58 PM »
Holy shit Ancient Fire Dragon's final boss has 10 MILLION HP how the hell are you supposed to take it ou-

Ancient Fire Dragon - Tricolor
MY BODY IS READY

triangles

« Reply #218 on: September 01, 2013, 05:11:07 PM »
WELL THEN time to level my shiny new hilarigod :3. I wonder, is it worth trying the Two Heroes and/or Hera with what I got monored with Ares or I risk with a baby Suzaku?  The former looks doable from what I saw on the wiki assuming I don't get synced vampires cause I can clear 13k + HP for the finale with Ares/Freyr.  The latter... Uh... Maybe going hodgepodge defense with a Neptune buddy?

I told MJP I got a puzzlemon lady he'd approve of "so it's a girl in a Chinese dress showing leg?". Yup.

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #219 on: September 01, 2013, 10:08:49 PM »
I.

Puzzledragonx chose the worst time to adjust the schedule to my time, causing me to miss something.

I was going to get two runs too!

« Reply #220 on: September 01, 2013, 10:09:38 PM »
fuck i was playing lol so i missed super kings too

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #221 on: September 02, 2013, 02:01:57 AM »
So after getting 2 moar stones via mail i could pull another rare.
Got a mystic fire knight, which i already have too, blast.

Im still happy i got venus out of 5 pulls though. I just hope i can evolve and level my luci a decent amount before hera. Pretty sure i can handle hera withou much luck required as soon as i make my luci's hp not suck. I want a hera bad, i still have no gravity users.

« Reply #222 on: September 02, 2013, 09:40:25 AM »
What is this madness.

25 combos.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #223 on: September 02, 2013, 10:04:46 AM »
Seeing as I don't have an isis, and all my good leaders are dark. I think I'm just gonna ignore legendary ardberg.. 10k hp without a better leader than my volcano dragon. ugh. One funny thing is the boss doesn't have any multi attacks. If you have your own odin and you knew a pimped out ammy (or vice versa) with 571 rcv, you can just autoheal the boss, regardless of whatever special attacks it throws at you. I have neither though, qq. I'd have to actually TRY, and be careful and shit, with similarly bad dps, for 10m hp.. ugh... Probably sneeze or something one turn and waste 10 hours of work.

« Reply #224 on: September 02, 2013, 11:16:08 AM »
What is this madness.

25 combos.

rng op

also missed the godfest gdi

Thanks to GreenVirus for the Siggy.
My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #225 on: September 02, 2013, 07:43:27 PM »
Im only now just discovering how aptly named late bloomer dragons are. I thought they were named thus since they were trash until their ultimate evolution. But nope, even after hitting level 50 in their ultimate they still are closer to their level 1 stats than cap, blargh.

Normally i lvel stuff to about 50 and move on but im think80 for this guy, i hope its good by 80. Fortunaty its ruby dragon day, that should help.

Chaore

« Reply #226 on: September 02, 2013, 08:11:38 PM »
Yeah they'll be much better by 80, unfortunate as it is because hell yeah I like dem bad dagons.

Kinda wish I had more of them for EVERY COLOR :D

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #227 on: September 02, 2013, 08:14:23 PM »
Im only now just discovering how aptly named late bloomer dragons are. I thought they were named thus since they were trash until their ultimate evolution. But nope, even after hitting level 50 in their ultimate they still are closer to their level 1 stats than cap, blargh.

Normally i lvel stuff to about 50 and move on but im think80 for this guy, i hope its good by 80. Fortunaty its ruby dragon day, that should help.

I'm guessing you don't have anything else to level? I don't think the late bloomers are worth it.

EDIT: Just did the master version of the Ancient Dragon Dungeon. For a boss with 7 million health, the battle was surprisingly short. The Hera fight felt like it took longer.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 12:11:11 AM by hyorinryu »

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #228 on: September 03, 2013, 02:27:04 AM »
Do you have any form of gravity? I do not so I'm nervous I'll die of old age, especially since all my good stuff is dark pretty much.

AS for the ifrit, yeah I could have leveled up my ares or...or...ffs, I can never remember his name.. red archangel. But I was excited about ifrit because I was gonna make it both red and blue, which means I can use a haku group using all dark and just one ifrit taking over as both red and blue without even spending the cost of 1 god character. I figured the ifrit would be not-suck by level 50 in its ultimate evolution though, if I knew I had to wait to level 80ish I may have thought otherwise, not sure... I really want some more dual element creatures in general too though.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #229 on: September 03, 2013, 03:10:36 AM »
Do you have any form of gravity? I do not so I'm nervous I'll die of old age, especially since all my good stuff is dark pretty much.

AS for the ifrit, yeah I could have leveled up my ares or...or...ffs, I can never remember his name.. red archangel. But I was excited about ifrit because I was gonna make it both red and blue, which means I can use a haku group using all dark and just one ifrit taking over as both red and blue without even spending the cost of 1 god character. I figured the ifrit would be not-suck by level 50 in its ultimate evolution though, if I knew I had to wait to level 80ish I may have thought otherwise, not sure... I really want some more dual element creatures in general too though.

I'd rather put it into Ares or Uriel, preferably Ares. You're going to want to replace Ilfrit anyway.

As for the dungeon, I have Hera, but I didn't use her. I went mono-blue.
7* I&I lvl. 57
CAD: lvl. 30
Siegfried 5* lvl. 40
5 * Siren lvl. 48
Friends 6* Hermes

I&I has 19-6-9 in +eggs and Siren has 0-0-27.
No +eggs anywhere else.

Most of my damage was combo damage.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Chaore

« Reply #230 on: September 03, 2013, 03:42:56 AM »
Yeah ancient Dagon seems pretty easy. Considering farming it for phoenix.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #231 on: September 03, 2013, 05:03:45 AM »
ahh yeah you have the makings of a mono blue, I pretty much have nothing for blue other than siren who hits like a wet noodle, and my siggy, which isn't bad but still needs to evolve. I'm issing a blue dublit. I also would have just stuck with siggy for the same purpose of my ifrit but I underestimated how fast I could level the guy (I didn't even use my blue snowglobe dragon on him yet, waiting for his evolve then I'm burning it).

« Reply #232 on: September 03, 2013, 05:11:16 AM »
> mark devils low priority in PADherder (only moved up from zero so materials list would care about them)
> end up working on devils anyway because they're closest to their level cap and it lets me clear out their evo materials

oooooooooooooooooops. :V

« Reply #233 on: September 03, 2013, 12:54:58 PM »
oh look another berserk drop of course

i dont even care anymore

« Reply #234 on: September 03, 2013, 01:26:33 PM »

Best overkill.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #235 on: September 03, 2013, 01:46:54 PM »
I can't get Anubis to work, even in tricolor.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Chaore

« Reply #236 on: September 03, 2013, 06:15:58 PM »
While binds seem to be my undoing in ancient fire dragon (Aaaaa I forgot devils had them), I got a king gold dagon from the pal machine.

And Valk is 240kish from max level! Score.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #237 on: September 03, 2013, 07:01:14 PM »
While binds seem to be my undoing in ancient fire dragon (Aaaaa I forgot devils had them), I got a king gold dagon from the pal machine.

And Valk is 240kish from max level! Score.

Yeah, I had to one-shot just about everything in order to not die. Also, why do they Devils everywhere? Why not Samurai Goblins. Devils don't let me skill up my Gigas.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Chaore

« Reply #238 on: September 03, 2013, 07:38:19 PM »
Because binds. That's their water counter :v

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #239 on: September 03, 2013, 11:26:21 PM »
So did anyone vote in their poll? I voted for Astaroth.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff