Author Topic: Touhou Blogging Thread  (Read 224960 times)

Chirumiru-chan

• Destitute shrine maiden
  • Yukkuri shiteitte ne!
    • Megagaga
Re: Touhou Blogging Thread
« Reply #930 on: March 24, 2016, 08:33:32 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqhdHdmXtGg (sorry for crappy mic)

I found this out two days ago...and, yeah. It's a safe spot but then Utsuho moves and she kills you.
⑨-chan
1cc: PoDD Rikako (Easy), PoDD Marisa (Easy), LLS Reimu (Easy)

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #931 on: March 24, 2016, 10:20:16 PM »
I don't even know which issue is more pressing: The fact that you don't know what your fps should be like or the fact that you don't know about invincibility frames.

1. What's up with your FPS counter? Was this particular instance because you were recording? The game should run at 60 fps. Some people have some FPS spikes downwards which is fine, but constant 30 fps or whatever means your game is not running correctly. That in turn means that if you tried to submit your runs to anything, they would not get accepted.

2. What you "found" is not a safe spot. The reason why you don't die immediately is because when you die, you have invincibility frames in which you can't die again. They're there (presumably) to allow the player to recover after a death. The sun and Okuu both have a hitbox and you die as soon as the i-frames run out.

3. Okuu doesn't move during that spell. Like, at all. Again, the reason why you die in not her moving but what I said in 2.

« Reply #932 on: April 07, 2016, 04:25:45 AM »
Having finally completed LoLK Hard (PD) with all four characters, I feel like I'm finally starting to get a handle on this game. Beating Junko with Reisen was a thoroughly miserable experience. Sanae is hilariously overpowered. Stage 4 sucks :(

Question: I read that Clownpiece is considered the hardest boss in the series? Is that generally-held opinion, or just one person writing the wiki? I know LoLK is overall considered the hardest main Touhou game.

Nolegs the Cat

• >Sʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ. >Sʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ.
« Reply #933 on: April 07, 2016, 07:27:40 AM »
Question: I read that Clownpiece is considered the hardest boss in the series? Is that generally-held opinion, or just one person writing the wiki? I know LoLK is overall considered the hardest main Touhou game.

Lunatic Junko is probably the answer.
There are bosses in the other games harder than Clownpiece, but she's definitely up there.

« Reply #934 on: April 07, 2016, 11:28:26 AM »
A few weeks ago I finally finished a pointdevice normal clear of LoLK using Reimu. I...I wasn't ready for this!

I knew the game was going to be hard but I didn't expect it to be THAT hard. Stages 1 to 3 were manageable with only 1 or 2 deaths but from stages 4 to 6, every chapter and spellcard was an uphill battle of multiple retries.

Thank goodness the game saves your progress during a run. I had to take many long breaks during gameplay sessions, some lasting for weeks at a time, because trying to clear a spellcard after about 100 retries in a row and still not clear it was simply not fun and became like a chore I reluctantly had to do through sheer force of will.

Oh, and screw Junko's Trembling, Shivering Star spellcard. That spellcard was evil and 1/3 of my total deaths were probably to that card alone. My fingers had trouble trying to rhythmically micro tap through those slim gaps like that and you could not afford to make ANY mistakes or you HAD to start over. Grrr!

So... final retry counter on 100%... 1829

And you know what the funny thing is? I replayed the game on easy mode with Marisa on legacy and I breezed through it with only 2 or so continues.

Is 1829 retries normal for a first run of this game on normal mode? I mean, damn man... damn!

ZUN you glorious bastard, you achieved the status of True Last Boss Cave difficulty without actually having the true last boss. I salute you good sir! o7

Lunatic Junko is probably the answer.

I second that. Clownpiece and her spellcards were more puzzle based, meaning that once you figured out what you have to do and where you have to move, success should come pretty quickly. Junko however is just a sheer test of dodging skill and pattern memorization isn't going to help you much there.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 11:36:05 AM by HalfGrand »

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #935 on: April 07, 2016, 03:36:37 PM »
Hardest is subjective, and in my opinion probably doesn't belong on a wiki. It also applies differently between difficulties-- I've heard it claimed that Clownpiece gains relatively little difficulty between Normal and Lunatic, for example (can't confirm since I didn't have exposure to LoLK as a Normal 1cc player, but Yuyuko and many of the PC-98 bosses happen to be like that).

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #936 on: April 07, 2016, 08:45:08 PM »
I have not been playing very much (say compared to when I was playing IN extra) but for some time now, I have been working on Phantasm with ReimuB. Give or take, I'm at 50 hours of playtime now and it is about that amount of hours where I draw my first conclusions about a new category, usually.

My score is still very bad and only barely qualifies as something that scores (1.3 billion right now) but I think I have a decent understanding of most things in the stage right now. My biggest issue so far is that, at the end of the day, I don't understand everything and that is quite horrible (well that, and I'm bad at dodging). For starters, I don't understand the very first border of the stage; or rather how to bomb properly to get it consistently. Too early and you don't get the border, too late and you kill fur balls whose bullets you're supposed to graze. Furthermore, I don't know how precise the positioning is for the bomb. Because of not knowing how it works, I can't tell what I am doing wrong when I don't get it. Of course, as it is the very first thing in the stage, it's not problematic to reset over it a few times but it is quite annoying when I get stuck for a long time because of something like that. Other than that, the grazing during the border is incredibly precise if you want to graze every bullet; moreover there doesn't really seem to be any cues for when to move so I end up moving more often than necessary, losing me more graze even if all of my taps were to be very small. It is likely something I just have to get a feel for through muscle memory.
One thing I am glad about is that managed to figure out the section after that. When I started, I thought it was an autistic mess and it drove me nuts, but it turns out it's not that bad. Of course, it's possible to go the extra mile and graze here and there, get extra cherry+ for a better border than what everyone else does but that is probably not something I need to care about just yet, even if inevitably I'll try to do it the way Yu-suke does way too soon.

When it comes to the mid boss, I'm being pretty scrubby to be honest. Missing graze on every attack with bad borders. For the non spell, it's mostly because I try to not do something too risky. I am not at the point where I need to risk my life for extra 30 graze during a border yet. Of course, over the course of the whole attack it is far more than that but outside of borders, each graze is only 2,000 score (actually 3,000 until 10,000 graze total but endgame bonus caps at that number and I reach that much either way). On the second spell though, the reason why I lose graze is because it's an incredibly difficult spell. Yu-suke gets 800, which is what I take as a benchmark to see how well I did and most of my attempts just end in dying. The best I have done was 650 once or twice. This is no doubt one of the spells that I have to practice the very most. Super precise unfocused bullet/laser hugging isn't one of the things I do very often, after all.

The second half of the stage portion is where I lose most of the cherry max. For now, that is acceptable, albeit not pleasant. The timings for the border breaks seem to be hanging in the air but maybe I just haven't found any useful cues yet. I haven't seen anyone screw them up the way I do so I suppose there must be something people look at when they break their borders. I lose like 30,000 cherry max when I do all this well, which isn't very good. I hope to improve this soon. Other than the borders, I also miss some graze outside of them, but again, it is only 2000 per graze so for now I can bear that loss.

Yukari herself Is mostly very easy or very hard for me. Only a few attacks have moderate difficulty (penultimate or the first survival for example). The ones that are consistently very difficult are the Ran spell (8th) and the final but I have personal issues with the laser spell (3rd) and DBDB (7th) because I can't dodge. Of course, when I say easy, I mean right now, scrubbing it out more or less. Doing any of the grazing spells well is likely going to be at least somewhat tough. Examples of this are the swastika spell (6th) and also the multi laser thing (5th) most likely. But overall, I believe I have a better understanding of the boss fight than the stage portion. I don't want to go through each and every pattern because some are self explanatory, and I don't think anyone who has managed to read this far wants to know about how to stream the non spells and that kind of stuff (once I have a good run I can do that and give numbers and everything but not now). But there are some attacks I want to talk about and some things I have noticed like comparing replays and doing bad math.

The graze you get on the laser spell is random nonsense. It can be as low as 900 but it can also go as high as 1200. That is regardless of your ability to sit close to a laser but rather RNG depending on how the lasers spawn around you. You can be lucky and get 4 lasers spawn on top of each other or you can have horrible luck and only get 1. This is pretty stupid and Yu-suke gets quite good RNG overall (1,100 graze). The average seems to be somewhere between 1,000 and 1,100, by the way. A funny coincidence is that if you were to misdirect the pattern for the whole timer as you do in the beginning, it would be about the same as getting slightly better than average RNG, meaning you get about 1,100 graze (obviously impossible since the waves speed up).
Another thing I want to talk about is about the Swastika spell, in relation to the 6th and 7th non spells. In the world record for ReimuB, Yu-suke gets a border on the 6th non spell, three borders on the spell and no border on the 7th non spell. That's bad! You're supposed to get a border on the 7th non spell as well. At first I was quite confused why he chose not to get the border. And foolish as I was, I assumed it was on purpose originally. Ultimately, the reason for it is because of a bad cancel on the 6th non spell. The more centered on the screen Yukari is, the better the cancel will be. By timing out the non spell for graze like Yu-suke did, he had no choice but to go for a bad cancel, changing the pattern on the swastika spell. In his current PB, he gets the borders on the first red (and then another red and the third one is blue) but getting the border on red means the third border will not have run out by the time the last blue wave finishes because the start of the last blue is when you get it. The correct pattern is to get the first border when the spell starts - on the first blue wave, and then the other two borders are on red, meaning the correct pattern for the borders is blue-red-red and not red-red-blue. As he result of getting the wrong pattern, Yu-suke starts the 7th non spell with 20,000 cherry+ and not 35,000 to 40,000 or so. If you are Yu-suke, missing a border at this point in the run is over ten million from just that - not to mention the score you lose from missing the extra cherry max. Getting this border is fairly simple to do by being safe and give up some graze to ensure a good cancel on the 6th non spell. This is important to note even if I don't want to beat Yu-suke because it's more or less free extra score.
On an unrelated note, DBDB is horrible for me because I can't dodge. I have to improve on that. It's pretty free if I wasn't so bad at that.

I mentioned earlier that the Ran spell is one of the consistently difficult attacks (unlike the laser spell or DBDB, which can go from easy to super hard). There are a few reasons for that: First of all, not dying is hard. The best way to do this spell is to move from one corner to the other back and forth while shooting Ran for cherry+ and grazing her laser for, well, graze. The way this works is that Ran has her own hit box and and by shooting her, you can get an extra border during the spell. Now, the ideal is that you get a border at the very beginning of the spell, one border in the middle and one border after the spell. however, getting all three borders is very tight with the cherry+. What I mean is, you can miss the last border easily. I'm sure everyone who has played this stage knows Ran aims herself at you. You are in the corner when she does this and while that you shoot her. If you move too far out of the way (i.e your tap is too large) you do not hit with all your shots, which gives less cherry. On the other hand, if you tap is too small, you just die by being rammed. If you miss the right tap two or three times, you are likely to miss the third border (Yu-suke misses the right tap twice and doesn't get it - again, over ten million lost from just the border itself). The other thing is the amount of graze. It can vary a lot and for now, I am not quite certain where the last 100 graze I miss come from. Presumably better laser grazing. I'll have to look into that. It's also important to note that PCB does not have the drumming sound yet so you have to pay attention to Yukari's health on your own. So to summarize: You have to pay attention to
1. your cherry+; making sure you don't make the tap out of the corner too large.
2. Yukari's health, as you do not want to kill her too early but she also needs low health at the end so you don't accidentally time out the spell.
3. Graze. The harder you go at it, the better for your score, obviously.
These three things are what you need to pay attention to while you're in perpetual (unfocused) motion. If you stop moving, you may not make it into the opposite corner in time, thus losing graze and cherry+. You have no time to think. Being slow with anything means you will miss something vital, most likely cherry+. I believe this spell is the hardest thing in the stage and may be even more difficult to do well than Honest Man's Death. Obviously, to me it is harder since I practiced one spell 3,500 times and the other one like 150 times but I'll see how the difficulty even out after a lot of practice.

The survival spell is weird. Not because the pattern is strange but because the way the lasers give graze seems to vary on something and I don't know what it is yet. Right now, I can get 1,600 graze fairly consistently on a capture (Yu-suke gets 1,670) so it's not like I'm doing horribly but something is missing in my approach and I'll have to see what it is. Once I find out how exactly the graze behaves in correlation to the lasers, I think I can match Yu-suke at least.
The last thing I want to talk about is how amazing the final spell is. It's definitely my favorite attack in this stage and it's just a lot of fun doing it. I think I like it as much as I liked Imperishable Shooting. But it is also very difficult and at the end of the stage. No doubt I'll lose some good runs to it but it's just the kind of attack that is super fun to try and optimize. Lots of motion using the whole screen. The best kind.

If you have managed to read all this, congratulations. I'm not sure I would have. w

« Reply #937 on: April 23, 2016, 04:07:01 AM »
Reimu's small hitbox has been a thing since PCB, but I don't think I've ever appreciated it more than I do in LoLK. Junko is an absolute nightmare with Marisa, Sanae, and Reisen, but Reimu's tiny hitbox makes her attacks so much more bearable, both in Stage 6 and Extra Stage. Never thought some of the hardest danmaku I'd ever face would be this shit.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 04:40:05 AM by Sen »

Das

• w e w
« Reply #938 on: April 23, 2016, 04:10:13 AM »
I have unlocked the newest difficulty in SoEW, it's called "w9"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkLA5vPCDAM&feature=youtu.be (video)

I dont know how this happened, I dont know why it happened, but it was hilarious and the ROM is still like this.

Karisa

• Extend!
« Reply #939 on: April 24, 2016, 08:13:40 AM »
Congratulations on unlocking the legendary World 9!

Though seriously, I think your settings somehow were corrupted-- initial bombs and lives were affected too (in the display, and in the stage clear bonus). Were your high scores on regular difficulties also corrupted? Can you even select regular difficulties? (You can back up your game before switching to regular difficulties to preserve the glitched setting, since the PC-98 games' settings/scores are stored within the game.)

Also "Rank" is actually the difficulty bonus (which is glitched, unsurprisingly), while "Stage" is actually the rank bonus. The game mislabels it. Not a translation patch error, since the original Japanese mislabels it too apparently.

Power/point item value seems to have been multiplied by 128 when added to the actual score (power items worth "1000" add 1280, and for example at 4:48 you gain an item worth "5120000" points, but it actually adds 51200*128=6553600 points, raising your score from 53153340 to 59716940). However, the displayed numbers are multiplied by 100 instead. Maybe it's trying to append the usual "x2"/"x4" characters, but there are no characters corresponding to this w9 difficulty, so it defaults to "00" instead?

Oh, and that score went far beyond 375 million. Z would be 9+26=35 ten millions already, so 12 additional characters (if I counted correctly: "Sc", "or", "e  ", "Po,", "wer", "Pl(", "iyer", a space, "B(', ")mb", "Hi", and another space) would've been enough for 475 million?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 08:16:31 AM by Karisa »

Emerald Mint

• Gemstone
« Reply #940 on: May 24, 2016, 04:38:30 AM »
I've been playing Touhou less than before over the past several months. While it's mostly not at all, I still feel a need to relive certain novelties once in a while. Danmaku in general has made a difference in how I approach thinking in other areas and I'm grateful.

However, I feel as if I've reached the limitations of the games and their mechanics. There are elements which I want to expand on add new ideas in most of the games, which would open up new strategies and ways to play. Feeling that I have to play the same way each time did get me bored in the long run, and on top of that, I was already quite limited in my ability to change them to my needs and interests. On top of that, I was taking my competitive side a bit too seriously on the inside, so I had to let that go through abstinence.

Looking back at one of ZUN's works about Momiji, there is mention that she plays a large chesslike boardgame where different pieces and rules are invented all the time, and compares it to the human world where the game ended up getting smaller and more constrained.
Maybe I'm just being stubborn, but that's how I see the Touhou games these days. More as a novelty sealed in stone.

« Reply #941 on: June 03, 2016, 05:23:52 PM »
I hate this. I hate LoLK. I hate Hecatia. I hate Junko. I hate their bullets. I hate the hitboxes. I hate the hard time Marisa has in extra. I hate Lunatic Impact. I hate Pristine Danmaku for Killing a Person (like wtf is up with that). I hate all of it.

Mr Jovial

• Commander of the Whale Legion
  • ~Having a whale of a time~
« Reply #942 on: June 08, 2016, 11:17:57 AM »
Well, I took a bit of a break. I could tell you that it was because I had exams and was revising but truthfully the spare time I had between exams and revision was spent on steam. I got demotivated and didn't really want to do a TD LNNN so stopped for a bit. Exams finished about a week ago and I started playing again today. Decided I wanted to go do what I had lots of fun with before : IN survival. Going to mix things up a bit by using Alice solo and going through 6A though. Gave it a playthrough to unlock the stages, stages 1-3 become noticeably harder because of Alice's awful spread and slow movement not to mention there's plenty of attacks where I'd normally destroy familiars but can't anymore. Mystia's last non and Keine's first non are horrible like this. 4A and 5 aren't much different to be honest. 5 is probably the second easiest stage somehow. 6A is the same but Astronomical Entombing is problematic because again, can't destroy familiars. Going to be interesting trying to LNNN like this but I think it's possible.

Nolegs the Cat

« Reply #943 on: June 12, 2016, 05:46:17 AM »
Turns out that I have stage 6 practice unlocked for Youmu in TD lunatic for some reason.
As a joke, I decided to XXC through Miko with her to see what It'd get in terms of score.
I had 198m, 124k PIV at the end. Did I do it right? :V

EDIT: Another run had 222m and 132.7k PIV. Am I still doing it right? :V
This is so silly. Why is it so fun?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 07:45:26 AM by Nolegs the Cat »

Karisa

• Extend!
« Reply #944 on: June 12, 2016, 05:30:01 PM »
TD with the lives stage practice gives... I suspect it'd be efficient to do most of your suicides earlier for PIV deathtrances, leaving just enough resources to stay in front of Miko all the time at the end.

If you have stage 6 unlocked but not earlier stages, it's because you used Youmu to practice a spell in that stage-- you can do that to unlock stages with other characters in TD/DDC if you have a spell unlocked with one character.

zephyredx

• Car = ma
« Reply #945 on: June 19, 2016, 05:59:33 AM »
Just completed a Lunatic 1cc of MoF, which is pretty reinvigorating. This is my second Lunatic 1cc, after SA. It went much more smoothly than my SA Lunatic 1cc because I had become less immature as a player and come to understand lots of principles about the psychology of playing Touhou. For example, not every mistake spells absolute doom on the run, and bombing an easy section is probably okay for the run even if it may be embarrassing to admit to my friends. Back when I did my 1cc of SA about 4 years ago, I was an extremely volatile player. Some of my runs would be smooth as butter, while other runs would see mistakes compounded by more mistakes until I just restarted the game in frustration. I still experience volatility today, being human and all, but its impact on my psyche has definitely been quelled to the point where I can witness a terrible misdodge, and not freak out. For one, I find that taking deep, rhythmic breaths helps. While I am glad about this overall improvement, I do somewhat miss the rush of adrenaline from back when I was a less experienced player, where whenever I reached the final spell of the game, it seemed like judgment day was at my doorstep. When I did Virtue of Wind God, I felt unnaturally calm, and the only thought in my head was, "statistically speaking, I have a low but nonzero chance of winning." My next goal might be to tackle either UFO or DDC on Lunatic. Thoughts?
Why is Youmu afraid of Unzan?

Because the things that her sword cannot cut are next to nun!

Nolegs the Cat

« Reply #946 on: June 19, 2016, 10:47:32 AM »
How Real Men (TM) do Yuyuko's final spellcard in TD!

This is... easier than it looks, actually. I usually don't go that close though. I probably have ~50% consistency with it.
Lunatic is a whole other story, though. It's really hard on lunatic. :V

It's also way harder if you get as close as Mithril - 'real' point blank, basically, where you get much more spirit gains.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 12:42:08 PM by Nolegs the Cat »

« Reply #947 on: June 24, 2016, 11:09:53 PM »
I death-bordered to midboss Chen during a run (replay). I thought it was kinda cool, so I wanted to share.

Nolegs the Cat

« Reply #948 on: June 25, 2016, 05:16:22 PM »
I might go for TD hard no bombs?
-shrug-
Doesn't seem like it's that hard.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 05:30:18 PM by Nolegs the Cat »

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #949 on: July 09, 2016, 04:18:21 AM »
So I haven't touched any Touhou games for like over half a year, so I'm expecting to be rusty as hell when I boot up DDC. A bit of time with Spell Practice, and I'm relieved to see my skills haven't totally deteriorated lol. Some of the hardest stuff is still throwing me for a loop, but I bet I'll be ready to tackle some more of my to-do list in short order.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Ghost

• Fluke dodging is the best tactic.
« Reply #950 on: July 10, 2016, 06:39:22 PM »
So I got a new BenQ monitor which is pretty nice to play Touhou on

I rarely have time for these games anymore cos I'm more focused on Uni and smash 4, but I played some EoSD and PCB today, and aside from forgetting stage routes I did ok lol. It's frustrating to play the games without investing a lot of time into them at once though.

Is there a touhou discord server people here use? (and if not, one should probably be made, replacing the pinned IRC channel lol)

Mino ☆

• PCB player.
  • Touhou Hobbyist
« Reply #951 on: July 11, 2016, 02:32:38 AM »
Long time no see, FreeGoth!

Do you have any current Touhou goals that you were interested in doing?

Ghost

• Fluke dodging is the best tactic.
« Reply #952 on: July 11, 2016, 11:10:31 AM »
Nothing in particular yet!

PCB is throwing a fit not letting me play in fullscreen with vpatch atm, maybe if I figure that out I'll play it properly more (survival with reimu or scoring probably)

Zigzagwolf

• Kuruminist Touhou Player
« Reply #953 on: July 11, 2016, 01:51:29 PM »
That moment when you decide to play some MS EX for scoring, get Yuuka's score up to 159m and believe Pietoro didn't cheat his 203m Yuuka EX score (I can definitely get 190m+ in a good run according to my estimations.) but you set savestates to use and after a few times of using them the game corrupts the .hdi file and you lose all your scores and your access to the extra with all shots. ;____;

Luckily I still got screenshots and videos. Also Prinny gave me his .hdi file of MS with all shots in MS EX unlocked So I can continue to score all shots, since I did unlock them myself before. (I did set a few new scores in it, but lower than my PBs for Marisa, Mima and Yuuka. I actually improved my Reimu score but Reimu doesn't really seem to do well in the extra so I doubt that means anything.)

Another edit, I devised a route for Reimu in the EX and I'm estimating this route could get around 185m+ if executed correctly, I could be wrong in that but the route should be fine. It is still a bit tough to execute and Reimu really has a hard time at both the stage portion and Alice (even surviving the second laser pattern with Reimu is already a bit tougher than I expected.) as of now I have 145M with her (I had 136m before but improved it a little bit, all runs seem to go wrong horribly at some point, but I'll try to push her to 180m+ for the very least, for Yuuka I want 190m+ (I'm expecting I can do that, I could aim for 200m+ but I kind of doubt I could do that with her, it is just an interesting thing to do I guess.)

Yet another edit not much later: Expect me to pop up here more often and post walls of rambles, I kind of need a place to lose my rambles which at times do contain some pretty interesting things. Also wanting to mention that I do too many things at once! Learning SSS on Hard for a bit a moment ago, now NMNB attempts in DDC's EX (best I got is 1MNB, not speaking about the run I did before the DRC started which is an NMNB clear.) I kind of dropped YSZK's stage opener graze because it's ridiculous how much rng is involved and the difference is about 1m arriving at Raiko anyways (my route now if I reach Raiko gets around 102,7m usually, the 7 seems to happen again often so that is why I decided to add the 7 there, since usually the score swings a bit around in the 100k's.) And then there's MS EX scoring too, too much focus on too many things but I'll be able to keep track of those things is my guess.

Expect me to edit 7ever: Improved Reimu to 165m, Kind of wrecked that run into a saltmine by dying to the Cheetos lasers pattern that Alice has (I was trying to get a good bullet clear and kind of dodged 3 waves, it's kind of scary how much you got to dodge and how hard it is to predict things.)  Also didn't get a good semifinal pattern clear (which I had to bomb collect, oh well.) The death + extra bomb were obv not devised, I'm expecting my devised route would definitely get atleast 180m+ with Reimu, so I'm expecting to get that if I push a bit more.

Instead of Extra! Extra! Extra! I'm the kind of guy to scream: "Edit! Edit! Edit!" anyways, time to get serious. Improved my Reimu EX score to 171,4 Million and a no miss too, had two terrible pattern clears costing me the 300 point items extend and a 180m+ run, on another note, I have set my eyes on getting 180m+ with her as much as I've set my goal on improving my Yuuka score a bunch. I should focus on what is more important right now though... DDC for the DRC, 6 days left is still pretty nice and cozy, guess I'll focus on getting another NMNB in that EX first before I continue on improving those scores then.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 10:05:20 PM by Zigzagwolf »
Raid Kappatalism for great Kurumi!

Youtube channel My Youtube channel, I hope you enjoy my Touhou runs.

Choco Beam

• おやすみしな
« Reply #954 on: August 02, 2016, 12:58:11 AM »
As much as I like to continue scoring on UFO, I have stop playing to focus on other stuff. It sucks to stop right now especially since I'm starting to get more consistent at the game (just passed 150 hours of playtime) and also very close to my arbitrary goal of 2.5B on Normal. I was planning to score on Hard and Lunatic too after Normal but I guess I have to hold off those plans for now. I will probably start playing again somewhere around late 2017 or early 2018. Hopefully I won't get too rusty by then.

« Reply #955 on: August 10, 2016, 11:36:42 PM »
So I've been playing Touhou for a little over a year, or a little under if you subtract my hiatus, but up to now I've only played three different games. Today I expanded my repertoire by trying out Imperishable Night. Fun times. I really enjoyed the feeling of finding my way through completely unfamiliar patterns, so I want to take things slowly and space out getting the other games, so that I still have that feeling a few more times to look forward to.

For some reason I found Keine much, much harder than Reimu.

« Reply #956 on: August 14, 2016, 01:04:59 AM »
So after practicing eosd for these past few years (yea..literally years.) on and off i tried something new today called PCB. i rarely play pcb but somehow on my first try i got to the last stage xd. im so mad that i can get to the same place in IN PCB as eosd even tho ive been practicng for awhile.

« Reply #957 on: August 14, 2016, 02:21:34 AM »
So after practicing eosd for these past few years (yea..literally years.) on and off i tried something new today called PCB. i rarely play pcb but somehow on my first try i got to the last stage xd. im so mad that i can get to the same place in IN PCB as eosd even tho ive been practicng for awhile.
That's likely because playing the same games so much made you annoyed by them and as playing them become some kind of routine you started to subconsciously focusing less when you played them, which if you aren't very skilled in this kind of games and often even if you are skilled can easily means defeat, on the other hand when you played PCB you where more focused because you didn't knew that game so well and because of that you did better than usual, this thing is also one of my biggest problems when I play Touhou, the solution is to play various games instead of focusing on one at least in my case

« Reply #958 on: August 14, 2016, 02:34:00 AM »
That's likely because playing the same games so much made you annoyed by them and as playing them become some kind of routine you started to subconsciously focusing less when you played them, which if you aren't very skilled in this kind of games and often even if you are skilled can easily means defeat, on the other hand when you played PCB you where more focused because you didn't knew that game so well and because of that you did better than usual, this thing is also one of my biggest problems when I play Touhou, the solution is to play various games instead of focusing on one at least in my case

hmm i might try that solution

« Reply #959 on: August 15, 2016, 12:44:35 PM »
Is it weird that I cant get past stage 4 on easy UFO yet I can perfect byakurens flying saucer final spell on lunatic in practice mode on first try. I honestly don't understand UFO system but easy mode I find really easy but still run out of lives. I can capture most nonspells and some spells. Other than that I get walled by stages constantly.