Author Topic: Shattered Reality Border [+ Looking for a team]  (Read 2759 times)

Shattered Reality Border [+ Looking for a team]
« on: August 05, 2013, 06:31:44 PM »
Hello! I'm new to Maidens of the Kaleidoscope, and I made this account specifically so I could a team to help me working on my Touhou fan-game, Shattered Reality Border. The list of people I currently have working on it are as follows: [This list could change]

Story: TamashiXIII
Art: Aiko1010
Music: TamashiXIII
Dialogue: TamashiXIII
Proofreading: Lukesky180
Scripting: dollswar354
Background: [Empty]

I know that I'm doing a lot, but it would be nice if somebody would help me out with one or two of those. I'm not the best composer, and unfortunately I have no current way to show you the music that I've composed. [Unless you have a PS3, PSN, and LittleBigPlanet 2. If that's the case, then feel free to add me on the PSN and I can show you my OST as soon as I can. Username: NekoSoul] This project currently isn't being worked on, because of the lack of tools and proper staff to be able to work on it. [No music program, no tablet, ect.] If there are any decent composers, writers, background designers, or anything I should also be aware of, it would be appreciated if you joined my [currently nameless] team, and helped out.

Basic Plot

Reimu, our heroine, was enjoying another day of peace and quiet. Gensokyo had been quiet for some time at this point. No visitors, but that was almost expected. However, it seemed too quiet. There was a slight chill in the air, the wind blowing slightly harder. Must have been a storm. As Reimu looked out over the horizon from her spot on the shrine, she saw the cause of all of the wind. A storm was far away. It all seemed normal, but the thing that was odd was the mountain that was never there. She couldn't help but wonder what it was, and that was when Yukari appeared. She seemed worried, which was in it's self worrying.

Yukari explained that the storm was from the border of Gensokyo being broken. The Youkai were acting up because of this, especially spirits. Reimu took this opportunity to finally do something. She set out to find the cause of the storm and solve yet another incident, which potentially threatened the existence of Gensokyo.

Special

1: Extra + Phantasm [Because I've composed two versions of the Extra Stage theme and I like both of them, I'm planning on making the shorter version the Phantasm theme. So, there will likely be a Phantasm mode.]
2: Male characters [This is a Touhou fan-game, but that doesn't mean that I have to make all of the characters girls. The Stage 5 and Final Stage characters are going to be males, and that's all the information I'll give you for now unless you're a part of making the game.]

Ideas

I'm actually planning on making an entire series of games, but they don't take place in Gensokyo. Well, they do, but it's not the Gensokyo that everybody knows. It's an Alternate Gensokyo that only a few can get in and out of. In fact, all of the characters I made for Shattered Reality Border will show up in the series at one point or another. The Alternate Gensokyo idea came from when I was thinking of the plot of SRB.

If you would like to IM me, for information or anything else, feel free to add my Skype [TamashiXIII] to your contacts, or you can message me via deviantART [TamashiXIII] or send me a message right here on this website. Thanks for reading!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 09:31:15 PM by TamashiXIII »

Imosa

• Any sufficiently advanced technology
  • is indistinguishable from magic
Re: Shattered Reality Border [+ Looking for a team]
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 02:38:16 PM »
Why don't you post any information on what you're actually making?

SeasideCharizard

• Mysterious Flying Donation Box
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 09:32:16 PM »
Depending on what exactly this fangame is, I may be inclined to join as a writer, background designer and/or artist.
Beware that with art in particular I get lazy time and time again and my experience in drawing humanoid figures is terribad though :P
(Special effects and writing though, I can definitely do that :V)

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2013, 06:57:14 PM »
Why don't you post any information on what you're actually making?

Yeah, that would probably be a good idea. Sorry, I've been kind of rushed lately. As I am right now.

So, I'll post a quick pre-story for this game.

Reimu, our heroine, was enjoying another day of peace and quiet. Gensokyo had been quiet for some time at this point. No visitors, but that was almost expected. However, it seemed too quiet. There was a slight chill in the air, the wind blowing slightly harder. Must have been a storm. As Reimu looked out over the horizon from her spot on the shrine, she saw the cause of all of the wind. A storm was far away. It all seemed normal, but the thing that was odd was the mountain that was never there. She couldn't help but wonder what it was, and that was when Yukari appeared. She seemed worried, which was in it's self worrying.

Yukari explained that the storm was from the border of Gensokyo being broken. The Youkai were acting up because of this, especially spirits. Reimu took this opportunity to finally do something. She set out to find the cause of the storm and solve yet another incident, which potentially threatened the existence of Gensokyo.

Sorry if that was too short. Again, I'm rushed. I promise I can type more in a few days, when I have time. Here is a bit more information about what I'm planning for the game.

1: Extra and Phantasm Stages
2: At least two male character bosses
3: Possibly Marisa as a playable character as well [Since my original idea was to just have Reimu as the playable character.]

I WILL be posting more information as soon as I can. Expect that to be within the next few days.

Depending on what exactly this fangame is, I may be inclined to join as a writer, background designer and/or artist.
Beware that with art in particular I get lazy time and time again and my experience in drawing humanoid figures is terribad though :P
(Special effects and writing though, I can definitely do that :V)

I would be very glad if you'd help me, since backgrounds are really hard.

PhantomSong

• The Ghost Living through Everyday Life.
  • Eh, it doesn't matter.
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2013, 02:51:20 AM »
Oh~ Tamashi? It's me, Lman! As you can see I go by PhantomSong here. :v (Just thought I should note that~)

(Though I didn't realize I was going to be a scripter... o3o I thought I was just assistant dialogue writer  :ohdear:)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 02:53:15 AM by PhantomSong »

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2013, 03:44:49 AM »
I read the description and my jaw dropped when I saw "Alternate Gensokyo" because I was creating a fan fiction about an Alternate Gensokyo. And was planning to make a danmaku game series on it. XD
It seems we both have the same ideas. Except for the part of the male/custom characters. And the Alternate Gensokyo was another Gensokyo that symbolizes the evil side of Gensokyo.
This was my fan fiction.
But since I decided to redo the story, there is nothing there yet.

Good luck with your games. And this seems interesting, I will keep this game in mind.  :3
Currently a normal player

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
  • Git ready, git set, PUUSH!
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2013, 03:42:11 PM »
Which language are you going to be programming/coding/scripting in?

PhantomSong

• The Ghost Living through Everyday Life.
  • Eh, it doesn't matter.
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2013, 07:02:29 PM »

He's using LittleBigPlanet 2, but he hopes to have it Danmakufu...
(I know this because he has discussed this with me so much.. .xD)

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2013, 03:48:04 AM »
I read the description and my jaw dropped when I saw "Alternate Gensokyo" because I was creating a fan fiction about an Alternate Gensokyo. And was planning to make a danmaku game series on it. XD
It seems we both have the same ideas. Except for the part of the male/custom characters. And the Alternate Gensokyo was another Gensokyo that symbolizes the evil side of Gensokyo.
This was my fan fiction.
But since I decided to redo the story, there is nothing there yet.

Good luck with your games. And this seems interesting, I will keep this game in mind.  :3

Yeah, I may not have the MOST original idea, but with my idea of infinite realities, literally anything is possible. But, I'm going to make sure that I keep the impossible stuff toned down. The Alternate Gensokyo in my game(s) is just one of the many copies of Gensokyo. Each new copy is made by the decisions of the residents, creating a sort of tree if you look at each time-line.

I was hoping for somebody to script it in the same style that Mrs. Estacion was scripted in, to make it more "official". However, this will be difficult as scripting from scratch is hard work, so this will likely be made with Danmakufu. Although, more complicated scripting will require it to be more like Touhou and Mrs. Estacion and such, since I want my game(s) to work very much like those.

Oh~ Tamashi? It's me, Lman! As you can see I go by PhantomSong here. :v (Just thought I should note that~)

(Though I didn't realize I was going to be a scripter... o3o I thought I was just assistant dialogue writer  :ohdear:)

I changed it, since you sent me that message on dA. ^^;

Lukesky180

• Knight of the Hungry Ghost
  • Yuyuko-sama!
    • HSE-Endeavor's Robotics Team
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2013, 04:19:17 PM »
This project seems interesting.

If possible, I can help with proofreading the Story and Dialogue!  :D
>This is the little mistress.
>Oh, hello little one!
Is this my dream, the destiny to behold?
~Sister of Scarlet~

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2013, 12:20:27 AM »
This project seems interesting.

If possible, I can help with proofreading the Story and Dialogue!  :D

Any help would be appreciated! ^^ If you need, you can add my Skype so we can speak via IMs.

Lukesky180

• Knight of the Hungry Ghost
  • Yuyuko-sama!
    • HSE-Endeavor's Robotics Team
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2013, 02:41:18 PM »
Any help would be appreciated! ^^ If you need, you can add my Skype so we can speak via IMs.
Of course! I will do that now.
>This is the little mistress.
>Oh, hello little one!
Is this my dream, the destiny to behold?
~Sister of Scarlet~