Author Topic: You Know You're Addicted To Touhou When ... Vol. 8 Imperishable Night Edition  (Read 222608 times)

When you start imagining what kind of Yugioh deck that fits *insert Touhou Character name here*.

I can't stop imagining how perfect it would be for Alice playing a Gimmick Puppet Deck.
When you know an appropriate video response to this post.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QkNCIUQKGc
Playing Touhou since 18 March 2012. Playing video games since 19XX.
Normal 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS, CtC.
Extra 1CC: EoSD, PCB+Phantasm, IN, PoFV (K&S), MoF, SA, TD, HSiFS, CtC+Phantasm.
Hard 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, CtC.
Lunatic 1CC: EoSD

Aquila

• Sprite animator
  • Productivity is a drug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYD1FUdB0bc The full thing is out!

(You can do ahead and take a guess at who wins)

Abraham Lincoln

• Mendelssohn for President 2016
  • Make Bach Great Again!

This looks like a legitimate Touhou character.

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
No... not really.
Then you're not addicted to Touhou
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

I was walking through a bookstore and did a double-take when I noticed that one of the books on a display was by Akutagawa Ryuunosuke.

Ehh... Sorry but the colors and the detailing on character look quite un-Touhou-like, specially that piano design on her clothes. That looks so tacked on.

If anything she would belong on a japanese RPG or strategy game, which by the way have tons of character designs just like that.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 05:36:52 PM by Not Bigode »

Suspicious person

• Just a humble wanderer
  • How suspicious~

This looks like a legitimate Touhou character.
Make her chin more round, give her big bug eyes, shorten her sleeves, put some frills on her robe, give her a fancy sword, make two ears out of her hairstyle, turn her left hand into a right hand then we're all set.
(the smug face is optionnal)

You Know You're Addicted To Touhou When you see Kokoro here!

Tribow

• pichuun
You Know You're Addicted To Touhou When you see Kokoro here!

(the img)

Great I was watchin this show too. Now I can't unsee it.

oh look at that, new gifs
(I apologize if I made you constantly reload)

There seems to be a fire extinguisher brand called "Yukon"
However, i briefly saw one in a hallway and the writing was stylized in such a way that made me read "Yukon" as "Yukari"
I had to backtrack and look at it closer  :V

When you dream of dodging danmaku and wake up when you pichuun.

Goomba98

• Touhou ga daisuki!
When you realize that Hoopa is the Pokemon equivalent of Yukari.

And also when you think that Zinnia looks like a Len'en character. (Her battle theme even sounds like a combination of Touhou and Pokemon style.)

AlterEgo

• さぁ、かかってきなさい!
When you're starting to can't tell the differences between these two Yukari Rices

jester147

• Touhou, Rhythm Game, JRPG fan
When you play a rhythm game and immediately search for a Touhou song.

Abraham Lincoln

• Mendelssohn for President 2016
  • Make Bach Great Again!
When you and your friend are discussing Russian history, and you accidentally say "Vladimir Len'en"...

When you sitting alone in a room with your PC and just keep praying for one day, Yukari will randomly walk out of a gap and (hopefully) not kill you but pull you into Gensokyo and al (hopefully) protecting you655

flanchanransan

on your English test today, the short answer asked you to relate the book's characters to something else based on traits, personality, etc and you related them to Touhou characters. The book was Dracula so you can probably guess a few of the characters I chose.

Uruwi

• Nightmare of Torrential Precipitation
  • 478 million goober
When you and your friend are discussing Russian history, and you accidentally say "Vladimir Len'en"...

For the first time I'm starting to question whether "Lenin" is the correct spelling. It's starting to look wrong.
foo = foldl $ flip ($)
Highest difficulty 1CCed for each game, by shot type in the original order. (-: never 1CCed on any difficulty, or never used; E: easy, N: normal, H: hard, L / U: lunatic / unreal.)
EoSD [NNNE] PCB [EE--N-] IN [NEEE + Ex Border] PoFV [Mystia N, Mystia E no charge] MoF [EN--H- + Ex Marisa B] SA [N-----] UFO [----EN] TD [NENE] DDC [EE-EHE + Ex Marisa B & Sakuya A] LoLK [PD --N- Legacy ---N] EE [N- + Ex Yabusame] EMS [N-- + Ex Yabusame] RMI [NHN + Ex YaoSuku]
Avelantis (demo) Easy YuukiB 426,077,200

Wait a minute, I thought Len'en was the correct spelling all this time
My life is a lie :o

That you say that you captured the test if you passed it.

Tribow

• pichuun
When you go to a party and you dance like Orin.

oh look at that, new gifs
(I apologize if I made you constantly reload)

Tsuken Yasashi

• Student of War
  • Ready to start fightin' for real?
When you wished your life was kind of like the Sealing Club Members.

Between Two Dimensions - Arc One Complete

"War is a grave affair of state; it is a place of life and death, a road to survival and extinction.  A matter to be pondered carefully..."  -Sun Tzu's Art of War

flanchanransan

That you say that you captured the test if you passed it.

I captured my English test!  (It wasn't that good though but still passed!).  Apparently I was supposed to relate them to objects instead of characters. 

From the choices, for the next book, you choose Doll's House because Alice. 

And the first thing you ask your exchange student from Germany is if he knows what Touhou is.

I was playing ETS 2 and opened the map around France. I thought I spotted a city named Reimu, though after the 2nd look closer I found out that it is Reims, not Reimu.

Lunatic_Reimu

• No Bomb Enthusiast
When you wake up abruptly in the middle of the night, and the last thing you remember was a bullet pattern xD

When you can tell the Buddhadamn difference between Muse and Sakuya.
When you start singing """acapella""" versions of Touhou themes with a friend on skype.
When walking outside and it's snowing, you feel like being in PCB / the Mugenri.
When you try to dodge people or the water out of the shower when it's too hot / cold.
When you distinctly hear the "pichuun~" sound every time you see someone hit by a ball at handball.

When this made you think about Alice...

When you have this drugstore and can't help making a photomontage...

« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 04:32:47 AM by Jonath »

I was at a Goodwill Store today, and saw a dress that immediately made me think it would work well if a parent were to try to have their kid cosplay as Luna Child!  Bows in the right position and everything...

When you buy picks and choose the ones that have "Alice" written over them

When you're in a plane that's trying to land, but the wind is so merciless that just before you should have hit the ground, the captain aborts the landing and takes the plane up again, and you have no idea what's going on, you're circling around and going up and down and every now and then your view is blotted out by Lunatic-difficulty rain being driven past the window...

...and your automatic instinct is to close your eyes and pray to Kanako-sama.

Fortunately, we landed safely.