Author Topic: You Know You're Addicted To Touhou When ... Vol. 8 Imperishable Night Edition  (Read 222499 times)

Re: You Know You're Addicted To Touhou When ... Vol. 8 Imperishable Night Edition
« Reply #630 on: November 28, 2014, 09:58:12 PM »
When in school, while you are learning about Nicanor Parra (a chilian poet) , the teacher mencions the incident of the cup of tea , and you immediatly imagine how that would be the plot of a new touhou game.

Goomba98

• Touhou ga daisuki!
Re: You Know You're Addicted To Touhou When ... Vol. 8 Imperishable Night Edition
« Reply #631 on: December 04, 2014, 09:26:35 PM »
I met ANOTHER Touhou fan at school in science class today.

Abraham Lincoln

• Mendelssohn for President 2016
  • Make Bach Great Again!
« Reply #632 on: December 04, 2014, 11:55:21 PM »
I met ANOTHER Touhou fan at school in science class today.

Count yourself lucky! :P I personally haven't met anyone else who was a Touhou fan yet.

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #633 on: December 05, 2014, 12:00:49 AM »
Count yourself lucky! :P I personally haven't met anyone else who was a Touhou fan yet.

Depends really, I found someone where I am which made me happy, but all they ever talk about when I see them are the fandom memes, all I want is a deep meaningful conversation of the games, music, and characters.
Touhou Fugyouseki ~ Nightmare of Sleeping Girl English Patch
I run a crappy YouTube channel, check it out if you wish~

« Reply #634 on: December 05, 2014, 01:34:44 AM »
Depends really, I found someone where I am which made me happy, but all they ever talk about when I see them are the fandom memes, all I want is a deep meaningful conversation of the games, music, and characters.

At least they don't obsess over lewd/H works like my real life friends who are into Touhou.

Discussing Touhou with them can give me migraines.

« Reply #635 on: December 10, 2014, 04:23:26 AM »
I know I'm addicted to Touhou because I got a new computer and I instantly installed Labyrinth 2 on it... And because I got all giddy when I found out about the new circle arranges that came out when I was away.  :blush:

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #636 on: December 10, 2014, 03:03:51 PM »
At least they don't obsess over lewd/H works like my real life friends who are into Touhou.

Discussing Touhou with them can give me migraines.

Sheesh how obsessed are we talking?

« Reply #637 on: December 10, 2014, 03:11:43 PM »
Sheesh how obsessed are we talking?

Whenever they chat me up about Touhou, they first send me lewd/borderline H pics either just for the hell of it or because the pic they found really caught their eye.

Most topics about fanwork lead to H doujin and etc.

To be fair, their knowledge of canon is as extensive as a year worth of being a fan. And they play the games too.

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #638 on: December 10, 2014, 06:33:24 PM »
Whenever they chat me up about Touhou, they first send me lewd/borderline H pics either just for the hell of it or because the pic they found really caught their eye.

Most topics about fanwork lead to H doujin and etc.

To be fair, their knowledge of canon is as extensive as a year worth of being a fan. And they play the games too.

Wow, I'll admit I have my moments but the first thing? Talk about being open...

Goomba98

• Touhou ga daisuki!
« Reply #639 on: December 11, 2014, 09:25:33 PM »
Speaking of science class and Touhou, I drew a create.swf-looking Nitori saying "For Science!" on my test sheet. My helper teacher asked me who it was.

Mr Jovial

• Commander of the Whale Legion
  • ~Having a whale of a time~
« Reply #640 on: December 11, 2014, 09:37:07 PM »
2 days ago I was at the University of Southampton for a "visit day" which included an informal interview. The interviewer just went through my personal statement and my reference. Now my reference is written by my teachers and I hadn't seen it. What surprised me was that, a year ago I did a presentation on Touhou to my class and that had been mentioned in my reference. I giggled a bit when I saw it because how often does Touhou come up in a university interview :V

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
« Reply #641 on: December 12, 2014, 02:00:37 AM »
I did a presentation on Touhou to my class

Please tell me that you still have it.

I want to take a look at it, I did a presentation about Touhou for my Chinese school's final assignment.
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

Razzi Zadhna

• bye chagen
« Reply #642 on: December 12, 2014, 02:48:28 AM »
I heard Settle It in Smash a few days ago and I was like "yo I should make some Touhou raps". 2 problems though:

1: I haven't composed music in 2 years, and I have almost zero training besides a high school Music Theory class I took those two years ago

2: I am not a very good rapper. Probably a better rapper than singer. But still not very good

Razzi Zadhna

• bye chagen
« Reply #643 on: December 12, 2014, 02:48:45 AM »
EDIT: Oh goddammit how this become a double post

Mr Jovial

• Commander of the Whale Legion
  • ~Having a whale of a time~
« Reply #644 on: December 12, 2014, 07:12:12 AM »
Please tell me that you still have it.

I want to take a look at it, I did a presentation about Touhou for my Chinese school's final assignment.
I should really have called it a talk, because we had to just stand up and talk read off a script for a few minutes. I don't have the script anymore but it wasn't great. I forgot to explain that so many situations have a pattern and from there you apply a strategy. I also showed a video, went with my PCB stage 5 perfect because for whatever reason, it looks incredibly clear so I thought it would be better in case the projector wasn't great but I didn't realise that the start of the stage theme is rather quiet and I based the volume off of that. It meant that some people found it quite loud. They weren't particularly serious talks though, some of the topics my friends did were oranges, the 5 second rule and how to give a class talk.

« Reply #645 on: December 15, 2014, 04:00:28 PM »
When you almost run out of hard drive space on a 1TB drive due to Touhou files.

Your Everyday NEET

• Part time Researcher & Let's Player, full time NEET, also an eel
« Reply #646 on: December 17, 2014, 08:40:07 AM »
Found an arcade game called Rhythmvaders EX. Oh wait, that game looks like Groove Coaster on iOS, meh I already played it. Wait, there's Bad Apple in it and Perfect Math Class too? I MUST PLAY IT.

Razzi Zadhna

• bye chagen
« Reply #647 on: December 20, 2014, 05:19:41 AM »
My mother dragged me and my father to a performance of The Nutcracker today. The first thing I thought when I saw the dresses of the ballerinas was "damn, those are some pretty 2hu outfits". Then I remembered that ZUN probably got a lot of inspiration from those kinds of dresses.

« Reply #648 on: December 23, 2014, 12:54:34 PM »
When you see a Marks and Spencer's sign (M&S) and the first thing thing you think of is Mystic Square.

Your Everyday NEET

• Part time Researcher & Let's Player, full time NEET, also an eel
« Reply #649 on: December 24, 2014, 05:35:42 AM »
Speaking of department store, whenever I saw Stradivarius store, the first that always came to my mind is Lunasa Prismriver special pass from Touhou Soccer.

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #650 on: December 24, 2014, 05:48:27 AM »
When you see a Marks and Spencer's sign (M&S) and the first thing thing you think of is Mystic Square.

I hate when I see signs like that. I have a college here abbreviated UNO and all the road signs say UN of O. Guess what it reminds me of? Har har!

Abraham Lincoln

• Mendelssohn for President 2016
  • Make Bach Great Again!
« Reply #651 on: December 24, 2014, 03:36:44 PM »
When the music you play on the piano sounds distinctively Japanese.

« Reply #652 on: December 26, 2014, 08:24:01 AM »
When you think so much about Touhou, that you lurk the Shrine Maiden forums daily and almost never post anything even though you really want to, because your too lazy to.

(I apologize if this post made no sense.)
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

« Reply #653 on: December 26, 2014, 05:01:18 PM »
When you think so much about Touhou, that you lurk the Shrine Maiden forums daily and almost never post anything even though you really want to, because your too lazy to.

(I apologize if this post made no sense.)

Yeah...I fall under this.  I'm usually very shy unless I have something to say.  But love the atmosphere of Touhou a whole lot.

Razzi Zadhna

• bye chagen
« Reply #654 on: December 27, 2014, 03:39:47 AM »
I'd post here more often if there were more actual discussion. But these forums seem kinda dead right now, not at all like what an old friend of mine said (he had been on like five years ago or so). He remembered this place being a lot more active.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #655 on: December 27, 2014, 03:49:21 AM »
I'd post here more often if there were more actual discussion. But these forums seem kinda dead right now, not at all like what an old friend of mine said (he had been on like five years ago or so). He remembered this place being a lot more active.

I think it depends on the amount of updating you're used to for a given site (I've been here longer than 5 years, and the activity here doesn't feel significantly greater or less than it was), but also, there's the tried and true tautology that people sit and wait for discussions to happen without trying to start them or move them along.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Razzi Zadhna

• bye chagen
« Reply #656 on: December 27, 2014, 04:10:30 AM »
I brows everything from Anime News Network (which gets tons of posts every minute) to two conlanging forums where posts can be literally hours apart at times, so I'm used to pretty much everything. My point though was on how this forum, TARC, can just go limp at times. There's not many threads made and they don't get posts very fast. I have a few ideas for threads but they're either:

-Stuff that's way too tiny and insignificant to deserve a whole thread to itself

-Stuff that's been discussed a lot and tends to devolve into endless drama (men in Gensokyo, etc.)

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #657 on: December 27, 2014, 04:25:26 AM »
My point though was on how this forum, TARC, can just go limp at times.

Well, places have downtimes. Given the nature and demographic of TARC (mostly newcomers to Touhou in general, usually high school to college aged), that downtime can extend through school and family times. But again, there is literally nothing stopping you from adding content, which takes us to

I have a few ideas for threads but they're either:

-Stuff that's way too tiny and insignificant to deserve a whole thread to itself

-Stuff that's been discussed a lot and tends to devolve into endless drama (men in Gensokyo, etc.)

- Add it to an existing discussion OR pad the thread idea with related thoughts to encourage discussion

- I don't see how any particular topic necessarily has to devolve into endless drama (with a few exceptions, as per the sticky, such as power levels and such), but if you don't mind me saying - and this is not at all meant as a criticism of you, personally - there are always ways of phrasing things in a non-inflammatory way, as well as ways to re-rail discussions gently when they start to veer off.

I mean, if you're shy or hesitant because you're afraid of kicking up negative reactions don't let that stop you. I think the staff here defaults on assuming good faith in the posters here. But, as always, waiting for content to happen is less likely to make it happen than making it happen yourself.

Pardon the derail guys, but I wanted to address this because I think it's pretty important to site behavior as a whole.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #658 on: December 27, 2014, 08:04:50 AM »
Pardon the derail guys, but I wanted to address this because I think it's pretty important to site behavior as a whole.

These things happen, each individual also might just post in certain threads too. Personally I tend to stay in artwork threads but rarely participate in others since I prefer to read about lore or game talk about touhou since I have only a year experience with it. I also have yet to see a talk turn into the whole men in gensokyo issue, only thing came close was for writing a story and examples of trope in touhou stories.

Back on topic:
When you think of a game series and try to find if there is a touhou version of it. Then you get surprised by the results.

« Reply #659 on: December 28, 2014, 06:21:54 AM »
I don't know if it's the case...

There's a really cool movie called "Bunraku" and, given its nature, i (barely made an effort to) made a search if there was any Touhou cross with it :v

...Didn't get the results i wanted but came a across a fun little doujin called "Bunraku Maiden" or something like that

Also, this might not only encase Touhou, but i thought that Santa Claus must be the best Danmaku player ever (or at least the one with the highest stamina/endurance) since he has to travel all over the globe in  a single night without getting shot dow by firewoks :V

EDIT: And after posting this, i have no idea what the hell made me inmediately search for an Ace Combat cross with Touhou :V
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 06:25:39 AM by BlazervaniaX »