Author Topic: You Know You're Addicted To Touhou When ... Vol. 8 Imperishable Night Edition  (Read 222573 times)

UnendingEmpire

• Jack of all trades
  • Cultured Tastes Since 1994
When you collect Touhou themes for your Firefox browser.
Also when you point out that your Firefox browser's theme is Nitori.

ItsCalledBorrowingZe

• Lemme borrow that book Patchy!
  • Alright then... MASTA SPAAAAAAKU!
When you constantly have to remind yourself not to call someone named Andre Flandre instead. It doesn't help that he's short...

Snakebite969

• Caution
  • Touhou + Physics = Explainable danmaku
When you improve.

Also when your entire youtube history contains a lot of Touhou remixes, and Touhou concerts

ALSO when within one of those concert videos you see a cool guitar, try to find it on google images, fail, and then screenshot it and add it to your tumblr, then link it to a forum you think will be interested.

Goal: 1cc touhou 11 normal
Goal 2: beat any extra stage

Lunatic_Alice

• Seven Colored Puppeteer
When you call all of your problems, "incidents"

aranicar

• The Expressive Poker Face
  • Wasting time again
When you start naming customizable things in games after Touhou characters.  My Yukari class battleship and Alice class carrier in Starsector.  :D

They still haven't changed the Canada flag to US.

RaintheNoob

• "This is the risk of taking it easy.Drop dead easy."
  • My name is Koishi,and I am a wizerd.
    • Doodles and stuff
When you retry the whole game when you get Pi-Chun'd  before the first boss fight.

Abraham Lincoln

• Mendelssohn for President 2016
  • Make Bach Great Again!
When you can't help but address Ayanami as Ayayayayanami.

ItsCalledBorrowingZe

• Lemme borrow that book Patchy!
  • Alright then... MASTA SPAAAAAAKU!
When the Tetris Effect finally happens to you, and you see Danmaku when you close your eyes (more specifically, Chen Danmaku).

Misfortune!

• I'M THE LIGHTBRINGER!
  • I'M THE FUCKING UNIVERSE!
When you can say the full name of every Touhou game (may or may not include 1-5) and it's spin-offs. From memory. In order. In rapid succession.
"Wha...wha...whazzat? Whazzat? You just wanna play a game that doesn't have six metrosexual Jonas Brothers in it? Well FUUUUUUUCK YOU! This is what you get, fuck you! Square Enix: Because fuck you guys!" -JonTron
"The lessons bronies shared with us about loyalty, friendship, fame, obsession, transcendental idealism, rectal prolapse, and erotic plush toy construction shall not be soon forgotten." -Alex Barry

Justin

• Grand High Poobah
  • what is life
When you begin using Danmaku dodging strategies while playing dodgeball in gym class.
Current Goals (BC I guess this is a thing):
1CC all 2hu on normal: All clear!
1CC all 2hu on hard: LLS, EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF
Clear all extras: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, SA
SA Hard Mode is kicking my butt ;-;

So I've been replaying the PSX era RPG SaGa Frontier recently, and had a hilarious thought happen.  You see, there's a character named Mei-ling in it.  Now, she's a Light Magic/Gun user by her default equips and skills, but this is a game you can make anyone anything if you work hard enough.  She wasn't getting the points to use her skills, so upon reading algorithms about how it works and realizing Strength was part of the equation (and her STR stat was only 3) I started having her punch things to gain STR.

Immediately, I get the mental laughs of her working out with Meiling of Touhou and learning how to use martial arts from her (they also have a similar fashion sense, albeit in different colors, in addition to their almost exact name).  I then had to push the crazy crossover idea out of my mind...though I did get the adorable mental image of half-breed Asellus getting advice from Byakuren on how to reconcile her dual race.

Abraham Lincoln

• Make Bach Great Again!
I collapsed the other day, and I was lucid enough to remember that the House Set arrange of Kobito of the Shining Needle was playing on loop in my head.
This is not healthy.

UnendingEmpire

• Jack of all trades
  • Cultured Tastes Since 1994
When your computer password has a Touhou-related hint so that nobody else you know can figure it out.

When there are mostly Touhou songs on your playlist.
Or Cirno invading your desktop background. And fanfic ideas.

KirisameMar_113

• Dodging is fun when I realise my X button broken
For me?
- When I called myself marisa
- When I tried to move randomly when it's raining like Sakuya's EoSD Stage 6 Spellcard
- When I called the girl that I like Cirno
- When I called someone a touhou character based on his/her characteristic (which is similar to the touhou character)
- When I tried to attempt wearing reimu cosplay even I am not a girl (failed because the size of the costume didn't fit with me)
- When I draw cirno on an exam
- When I stick touhou drawings near my computer
- When I have to wear glasses because of playing SA
- When I can imagine each attacks while I'm listening to touhou musics
- When I hear touhou music while I'm studying
- When I tried to decorate my telescope project with green snakes and frogs (like sanae)
- When I always sing touhou songs with random meaningless japanese words  (which sounds like japanese).
Normal 1cc : PoDD, LLS, MS, EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC
Hard 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, SA
Lunatic 1cc: EoSD, PCB
Extra : MoF, SA, DDC
Current Goal : DDC Hard 1cc or IN Final B Lunatic

I spend too much time searching for recently uploaded Touhou videos on Youtube.
People sure do upload tons of music. I just want to find the occasional blind Let's Play, since blind reactions to Touhou games are great.
Playing Touhou since 18 March 2012. Playing video games since 19XX.
Normal 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS, CtC.
Extra 1CC: EoSD, PCB+Phantasm, IN, PoFV (K&S), MoF, SA, TD, HSiFS, CtC+Phantasm.
Hard 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, CtC.
Lunatic 1CC: EoSD

Hieda no Akyuu

• Ninth Generation Savant
  • The Archiver of Gensokyo
~ When you begin to write as much as Hieda no Akyuu does.
~ When you drink the kinds of tea Hieda likes.
~ When you try to dye your hair purple like Hieda's.
~ When you're descriptive, and literate but a little shy like Hieda.
~ When you are busy, busy, busy with writing or archiving things like Hieda.
~ When you can not stop listening to "Child of Are."
~ When you begin to create your own personality and such for a character, if they aren't given one in the touhou series, so you make one that is best for the character.

:)

Needed some Touhou music in the background while playing an online game without its own music.  Found out I forgot to transfer said music from the backup drive following the reformat I had to pull a few weeks back.  Am now thanking ZUN, Kanako, Suwako, Shinki...and every other god in Gensokyo that I made that Touhou MP3 Player...

@Hieda No Akyuu

By the way, Akyuu is her given name, while Hieda is her family name. This is because in Japanese, (X) no (Y) would mean (Y) of (X) in English. Thus, 'Hieda no Akyuu' would be 'Akyuu of Hieda' in English.

Put all my Touhou music back on the computer at last, and then go and have a party listening to it all night!

Goomba98

• Touhou ga daisuki!
@Sssgth: So it's also like the German "von" (as in Ludwig von Beethoven)?

Abraham Lincoln

• Make Bach Great Again!
Fairly sure it's Ludwig van Beethoven.

And then I find myself hilariously wondering if Haruna's second upgrade is going to be Reimu.

Well, whatever it is, Goomba here is wrong; Beethoven is his surname, while Ludwig is his given name. It's just that artists tend to be referred to with their last names.

Justin

• Grand High Poobah
  • what is life
When your first thought when your up arrow key breaks is, "Oh God, how will I play Touhou now?!"
Current Goals (BC I guess this is a thing):
1CC all 2hu on normal: All clear!
1CC all 2hu on hard: LLS, EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF
Clear all extras: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, SA
SA Hard Mode is kicking my butt ;-;

When you have an entire Touhou configuration package for windows...
Icons, Cursor, Background, Theme, Screensaver, Bootskin, Sounds, Avatar, and little flying chibis
Wonder if I'm missing anything.

Normal 1ccs - EOSD, PCB, SA
Extra 1ccs - PCB

When you have an entire Touhou configuration package for windows...
Icons, Cursor, Background, Theme, Screensaver, Bootskin, Sounds, Avatar, and little flying chibis
Wonder if I'm missing anything.

The games.

Abraham Lincoln

• Make Bach Great Again!
When the painting of Kaguya you made several years back still hangs on your wall till this day...

When you call all of your problems, "incidents"
The definitions of the two words were very similar to begin with.

When the painting of Kaguya you made several years back still hangs on your wall till this day...

Pictures, please?

an unmatched sock

• Um...what's this?
  • Should I be concerned? I think I should be concern
when you have to restrain yourself from populating your Tomodachi Life island with different Touhous. Constantly.

Yatakarasu

• Always failing, sometimes winning!
  • Fail mode activate!
When you keep naming your female/gender neutral pokemon after Touhous.

Seriously, all of the female Inkay I catch are named Seija. I have an Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres named Letty, Raiko, and Mokou (respectively), Garchomp named Tokiko (don't ask), Honchkrow named Okuu, Krookodile named Anastasis (don't care if not from a canon game), Dragonite named Meiling, Shiftry named Hatate, Nidoqueen named Sukuna, Huntail named Iku, and Metagross named Nue. I think I have a few more but I can't remember right now.

Normal Clears: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC
Hard Clears: PoFV, SA, TD, DDC
Extra Clears: PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC
Current touhou goal: Improve! ...1cc more Hard Modes