Author Topic: You Know You're Addicted To Touhou When ... Vol. 8 Imperishable Night Edition  (Read 222546 times)

an unmatched sock

• Um...what's this?
  • Should I be concerned? I think I should be concern
I made instant(?) ramen today while listening to Primordial Beat. It was the most epic ramen ever.

(I say (?) because it's not instant-in-a-cup-in-microwave, it's a 3-minute in boiling water with seasoning packet type. I'm not sure how to classify it, since it's not instant, yet not...traditional? I guess that would be the right word.)

KingofBaka

• The Strongest!
  • and the Dumbest!
I was taking a test a couple of days ago and one of the questions had someone named Chen.
Also, in my online world history class, I was reading about Medieval Japan and one of the era's was apparently called the Heian era.
Normal 1cc: IN,EoSD,MoF,PCB,LoLK-P(403 Retries(Hope to Improve))
Extra Clear:PCB
ISC: All Stages Clear !

My dad was talking about his bowling team this afternoon and he mentioned that their name is "Team Nein."  My reaction was along the lines of, "Thanks for making me think Cirno started talking German for no real reason!"

Shio Yamote

• Like a Miko
  • OMG! Clipdeaths!
When you hold the shift key to try to focus in a completely different game  :V
1cc's:
Normal: All
Hard: PCB, IN, TD
Lunatic: IN
Extras: EoSD, PCB Extra+Phantasm, IN, MoF, SA, UFO, TD

Monkeypro257

I started guessing 9 in my math classwork and it turned out to be correct. O_o

KingofBaka

• The Strongest!
  • and the Dumbest!
Lately, I have been noticing more Touhou references popping up whether it's a name or I misread something.
A couple of days ago, the word of the day in my school was agile. I sit pretty far away from the board in my second period and I misread it as Aya ???.

Also, on the PSAT test, there was a question that had the name Chen in it.

Delfigamer

• * Merry, bride, absolute (HR)
  • of course the best girl never wins
You know you're addicted to MotK when seeing user status here:
The Box
No one can escape my Roukanken

you first think about this guy, and only after some time remember it's Youmu's sword.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 05:36:57 PM by Delfigamer »

The Jealous Witch did nothing wrong.

The results of my Touhou obsession have gotten to my Pokemon playing.  Don't worry, no story or character spoilers here as I've been taking my sweet time with the game (and even if I had one I'd think it's too soon to say anything about that reaction).

1. I had a good laugh at a swimmer named Marissa, even though it's spelled differently.

2. There was this one class (not sure exactly since I saw it only in a Chateau battle where people go by ranks and I'm not sure if there's an equivalent outside) that was in black and red with detached black sleeves.  I was calling the girl "Ponytailed Dark Reimu" the entire battle.

3.  One of the new Abilities is called Magician, and is the Hidden Ability of the Fennekin line and a single new standalone 'mon.  It steals held items with attacks.  I immediately began laughing my head off and yelling something about Gamefreak employees playing too much Touhou, and Marisa using a Hidden Ability Fennekin in one of her book heists.

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
Probably something that I shouldn't be joking about, but the new lamp I installed in my room randomly flashes and sometimes turns itself on and off while I'm not using it. I don't know why, but I imaginaed that Yukari was trying to communicate with me the first time it happened  :V And I also imagined PIKACHU used FLASH! but this is not a Pokemon community

The nova of the ocean of the cleverness

I was in my Youmu cosplay for a Halloween party today and already in a Touhou mood.  But when a friend started talking about a very trollish GM in a DnD game he heard about, I had to answer with this...

"Moral of the story, never let Yukari Yakumo GM any paper and pen RPG!"

Siro

• Not your usual oni.
  • Captured by spirits.
I was watching the news this morning, and I saw something about a funeral's donation box being stolen from. Had a Reimu moment.

Also, the sun was starting to come up, so the sky had an awesome looking red mist/fog/I don't know from where the sun was. I thought that Remilia caused it.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
You specifically look for a Female Contrary Inkay to call Seija Kijin.

You name your Fennekin 'Miko' because Reimu and imagine it's wand is a gohei.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

KingofBaka

• The Strongest!
  • and the Dumbest!
At my school, there was this Halloween dress-up day at school. So, I was on high alert for touhou costumes.
In one of my classes, someone walked in with a hat that looked like Yukari's, so I looked at her to see if she was dressed up like Yukari which she was not.

Also, a couple of days ago, I thought I saw Aya on a shirt but it was actually something else that looked similar to it.   

I'm in my Youmu cosplay for Halloween and am hoping to answer the door a few times in it (but sadly it's dreary so I dunno if we'll get many kids).  Though my crazy mind is making jokes about Yuyuko sending Youmu out Trick or Treating to bring her back candy...

Mr Jovial

• Commander of the Whale Legion
  • ~Having a whale of a time~
I'm in my Youmu cosplay for Halloween and am hoping to answer the door a few times in it (but sadly it's dreary so I dunno if we'll get many kids).  Though my crazy mind is making jokes about Yuyuko sending Youmu out Trick or Treating to bring her back candy...

I somehow feel this was actually made for you?

Siro

• Not your usual oni.
  • Captured by spirits.
Re: You Know You're Addicted To Touhou When ... Vol. 8 Imperishable Night Edition
« Reply #255 on: November 01, 2013, 01:52:55 AM »
Ahh yes, Halloween. I wasn't a Touhou character in general, but I had a scythe and dark robes to make me look like some sort of death god. I basically shouted out things related to Touhou, such as:

"The Yama will be displeased!"
"If you don't  want that candy, I'll donate it to Reimu. I'm sure she'll love it."
"You don't want ME to judge you? I'll let the Yama take care of that."
"Now now, don't be a Yuyuko with that candy."
"Are you Parsee (yes, I think its an actual term) of how much candy I have?"

Other than that, just your normal Halloween. Some jump-scares here and there, but nothing legitimately scary.

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
Re: You Know You're Addicted To Touhou When ... Vol. 8 Imperishable Night Edition
« Reply #257 on: November 01, 2013, 07:16:32 PM »
I'm doing a Touhou OC for my reading/writing character project....

Am I doing it wrong?
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

« Reply #258 on: November 01, 2013, 07:27:51 PM »
Minecraft 1.7.2, playing again. There's this "Super Secret Settings..." button that applies shaders and, well

Hi there Seija, enjoying the cubic world?

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
  • I am still here. Sometimes.
« Reply #259 on: November 02, 2013, 08:31:36 AM »
When there's talk about crating a mascot for a winter event at your school, you think of secretly adding Letty into it.

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #260 on: November 03, 2013, 10:52:55 PM »
Saw a picture of a cosplay cafe waitress. A young girl with shoulder-length black hair and white rabbit ears. Had to do a double take to make sure it wasn't Tewi cosplay.

KingofBaka

• The Strongest!
  • and the Dumbest!
« Reply #261 on: November 04, 2013, 03:32:31 AM »
I was playing DBZ Budokai Tenkiachi 3. I was facing off with Super Buu in a Dragon History match and Super Buu said " I am the strongest."
So naturally, the first thing my mind thought up of was basically " No! Cirno is and will always be the strongest!"

Also, I decided I needed a theme song for some odd reason. ???
It took me one second to come up with this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUsd6l_7cZ4

SIRookie

• I have no idea what I'm doing
« Reply #262 on: November 05, 2013, 02:12:19 AM »
The other day humidity hit ~87% where I am, but the wind chill brought the air temp down to just over 60. My friend said "I'm surprised the air isn't freezing/there isn't ice forming in the air" or some variation of that. To which I chuckled, but before I could say anything he added on "I know exactly what you're going to say -- something about Cirno, right?"
"It's not like I was thinking about her spell card 'Freeze Sign: Perfect Freeze' or anything" and immediately started laughing. Everyone else in the room started giving me blank stares, and the same friend said "You're in too deep, man". I had to excuse myself.
(I admit it was a bit of a stretch but I had been playing earlier that day and it was on my mind at the time)

You know you're Touhou addict when you deny your level of involvement, but your friends profile you.
My rebuttal for this is since they are Nintendo and Sony fanboys just mentioning how many games/characters/songs they have memorized comparatively.

Another situation I've found myself in is when people ask what religion I am/what I believe in.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 02:18:45 AM by SIRookie »

Shio Yamote

• Like a Miko
  • OMG! Clipdeaths!
« Reply #263 on: November 05, 2013, 07:18:19 AM »
Today in my math class, I was doing some exercises. After some time my teacher wrote the results in the blackboard and oh my gawd one of them was 999! I just tought to myself ''OMG this can't be a coincidence! Cirno must be among us!''  :*
1cc's:
Normal: All
Hard: PCB, IN, TD
Lunatic: IN
Extras: EoSD, PCB Extra+Phantasm, IN, MoF, SA, UFO, TD

SIRookie

• I have no idea what I'm doing
« Reply #264 on: November 05, 2013, 08:08:04 PM »
Here's a couple more that happened today:
Friend posts on Facebook about Pokemon and writes "IN Gen V..." and the firs thing you think of is "Imperishable Night", not that it's a typo
Setting up DnD characters for a game we're starting this weekend: First one is female half human who lives in a human village, and is respected by residents... no that's not original, let's try again. White-haired human... and uses fire... god damn it...

KingofBaka

• The Strongest!
  • and the Dumbest!
« Reply #265 on: November 05, 2013, 09:53:27 PM »
At school, I swear I saw someone with hair like Byakuren. It looked like everything was correct including the colour.

Also, I was in my 7th period doing a project with a program called Alice. Alice is a program to teach students to animate in 3d. So we had a project to create a story and I wanted to put some Touhou references in it. I was aiming for Marisa to appear and do a Master Spark but they did not have any female witches in the Alice object files. So, I did the next best thing and I had a dragon do Final Spark.  :V

Mr Jovial

• Commander of the Whale Legion
  • ~Having a whale of a time~
« Reply #266 on: November 06, 2013, 07:27:58 PM »
On Monday, I got told that a girl was looking for me. This to me was abnormal. My school has separate buildings for boys and girls and we're taught separately. The only time we can meet is at either morning break or lunchtime break. But since I'm enough of a hikikomori to redefine the term, I've never actually spoken to another female student. Why did I post this here? I was too busy to go and find out who it was so I ignored it until the end of the day when I started to worry. "What if it was a Gensokyian?" :ohdear:

P.S: No, I don't know if "Gensokyian" is a legitimate term.

« Reply #267 on: November 06, 2013, 08:34:28 PM »
I saw a girl on the cover of an anime magazine today and did a double take because I thought she looked like Kaguya.  Then, on the bus I take back, I thought I saw a guy who looked like ZUN come out of a store in one of the shopping centers on the highway.

Burning Love

• Flan is not a pudding! (I think)
    • Burning Love' Blog
« Reply #268 on: November 08, 2013, 04:11:44 PM »
When your steam profile is a Touhou character. And you play one multiplayer game and meet another player with another Touhou character as his/her profile.
(And both of you start chatting about Touhou inside the game).
Still waiting for a good sig. image

KingofBaka

• The Strongest!
  • and the Dumbest!
« Reply #269 on: November 08, 2013, 04:38:23 PM »
Yesterday, I saw someone at my school who was wearing Reimu's ribbon. It was the same style and color as Reimu's. I also saw someone wearing something on there head that had the exact same color like one of Yuyuko's butterfly's.

Today I was tapping out Crimson in the Black Sea and U.N. Owen was her on one of those big erasers when I got bored at my school.