Author Topic: Touhou 13.5 東方心綺楼 Hopeless Masquerade: Countdown to Mima  (Read 145944 times)

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
Re: Touhou 13.5 東方心綺楼 Hopeless Masquerade: Countdown to Mima
« Reply #120 on: May 22, 2013, 10:32:45 PM »
No, there are a number of people that, with every new game release announcement, unironically start speculating about how Mima is going to appear.

This is the only thing about announcements that really ticks me off. She hasn't come back, and no matter how much people like her, the chances of her coming back are really slim. Actually try and think about who the real "antagonist" is going to be (I put that in quotes because, well, we don't know the intentions of said antagonist).
At this point, with character information at an end for now and Sunday on the horizon, all I'm hoping is that my story predictions were right. Then again, a lot of people probably share my thoughts, so... yeah. ^^;
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

« Reply #121 on: May 22, 2013, 11:08:24 PM »
This is the only thing about announcements that really ticks me off. She hasn't come back, and no matter how much people like her, the chances of her coming back are really slim. Actually try and think about who the real "antagonist" is going to be (I put that in quotes because, well, we don't know the intentions of said antagonist).
At this point, with character information at an end for now and Sunday on the horizon, all I'm hoping is that my story predictions were right. Then again, a lot of people probably share my thoughts, so... yeah. ^^;

maybe she won't come back, maybe she never left. (most people forget this other possibility, but ZUN's not telling anyone which of them is true, at least for now.)

figuring out antagonists for the TH games would require some large amounts of luck and knowledge on japanese culture, history, etc.. too much information to derive possibilities from, imho.

I'll disagree with you, though, in that I hope (pun not intended) that the gameplay is solid, fun and competition-friendly, beforehand.
My weird pattern figuring sense says that, as an after thought, HM "has" the "mission" of surpassing the low expectation caused by it being based on Astra Fighters, while DDC also "has" the "mission" of being more interesting, gameplay-wise, than TD. (like KoF XIII had to fight against the backlash its predecessor caused) /TD "bashing"

random thought of today (this one I had for a while, it's not related to or dependent on the release of new games): since it's a possibility (read well, *possibility*) that Mima can (as well as can not) be the shrine's ("evil") deity, it *can* actually make sense, as it's said (not in the touhou canon) that vengeful spirits's (onryo) anger can be placated by turning said spirits into deities. Though even Mima's PoDD profile (which, being PC-98, means little to the current Touhou canon) mentions that her evilness has fallen off from her due to having lived for a long time.
About her goal to become a deity.. one day I looked into a video of her translated ending in MS (and Yuka's), and
Spoiler:
they seem to be speaking of each other (in my interpretation), regarding how one wanted to be like the other (even though Yuka stalks Marisa, not Mima), and Mima used sheets to "take on a more ghostly appearance", according to herself.. when she failed her attempt to become a god; she doesn't even know, back then, how to become one.

By the way, I'll main Byakuren (if the game turns out to be good), and sub other people (wishfully thinking that Koishi is OP, so that I can pretend to be playing as DotS' Koishi)
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #122 on: May 22, 2013, 11:11:04 PM »
I didn't think I had to state good gameplay. I thought it was implied that I hoped for that as well. Of course, you might think I just like games regardless of how good the gameplay is, so I guess you have me there. ^^;

« Reply #123 on: May 22, 2013, 11:31:46 PM »
Actually try and think about who the real "antagonist" is going to be (I put that in quotes because, well, we don't know the intentions of said antagonist).
It'll obviously be a new character? Is it really worth spending that much time thinking about? Well, I suppose she's gonna have one of the kanji from the title in her name.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #124 on: May 22, 2013, 11:36:39 PM »
It'll obviously be a new character? Is it really worth spending that much time thinking about? Well, I suppose she's gonna have one of the kanji from the title in her name.
What I meant by that was a connection to Japanese folklore. cuc and others have said some stuff back on the previous thread that I forget, but there were various theories about the character being a god or someone posing as a god (I forget which one, because I don't know all of the gods or goddesses). Of course we can't guess the name or anything, but we can guess possibly what the character could be.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #125 on: May 23, 2013, 12:18:20 AM »
It'll obviously be a new character? Is it really worth spending that much time thinking about?

YES. Because it is fun.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
« Reply #126 on: May 23, 2013, 12:20:49 AM »
Oh, she is a new character, because a newbie sprite artist said on twitter he worked part of the final boss sprites. As indicated by Chabo, he wouldn't know she's the final boss if she's not new. Sorry for forgetting to report that. Also I should have made it clearer Chabo is not the main artist on Futo.

...Ha, as if ZUN would change any character's silhouette drastically.

RE: culture knowledge: the key with her is her use of masks and dance-like pose. A kagura and noh theme is highly likely, and that in turn implies communicating with gods. Or she can always be a central Asian dancer.
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
  • Time expired: 121:45
« Reply #127 on: May 23, 2013, 12:40:59 AM »
Guys, guys real talk.  I think Yorihime's gonna be the bonus boss.  I mean who better for a game about religion than someone who can summon the entire Shinto pantheon.  Also she probably fights like Yu from P4 Arena.

« Reply #128 on: May 23, 2013, 12:42:53 AM »
I figured it out! The silhouette isn't MimShikRin, it's frickin' Kisume! How do I know this? Welllllllllllll....

You see the object in the black circle? That's one of Kisume's will-o'-the-wisps. Will-o'-the-wisps being her ability. No explanation needed.
Now for the bird in the red circle. I was able to come across some rare concept art of Kisume with wings!

Crazy, right? Bet that blew your socks off! I'd say hold onto them because things are about to become crazier, but they're flown off. I recommend keeping your balance because at this next news, you're going to be head over heels!
I came across some coding in SA that went by unnoticed by the translators. I took it upon myself to translate it and found that it meant "Final Kisume"
Maybe Kisume was meant to have a bigger role than just forgettable stage 1 midboss. I think Zun intentionally dumbed down her power. I have proof of this too:
According to ZUN, her name is written in katakana to give it an old feel, and it's not written in kanji because "that would make her seem too strong".
I think Kisume being weak was Zun "trolling" and biding time until 13.5 where he could reveal Kisume in all glory!
By now you're probably wondering "Hinacle! What about the object in the black box?!" Well, I believe that it is, what I have dubbed as "Kisume's Lovey-Dovey Heart Throbbing Core<3" Word of warning: You MUST say the "<3" There are many Kisume's Lovey-Dovey Heart Throbbing Cores out there in the world. I also came upon Kisume's profile within the coding of 13.5's demo
Kisume is Touhou 13.5's primary antagonist and final boss, an alien parasite which crash landed in the year 65,000,000 B.C. It was named "Kisume" by Yukari, a word she made up. Kisume came to Earth with the intention of draining its energy so that it could produce genetically enhanced spawn, which would then continue the cycle on other planets. In the North American version of the game, it is claimed once in the series that Kisume directly influenced all technology and life on the planet, evolving the planet's life forms to cultivate it, and make itself stronger.[1] However, the line is absent in the Japanese version.[2] Despite it originally just being in translation though in Hopeless Masquerade it appears this actually is the case as a large portion of the game involves many layers of time line event controller which all end at Kisume. In the original timeline, Kisume slept for millions of years, gaining power until 1999 AD, when he emerged and put the world into an apocalyptic state. However, because of the interference of many of the characters, he was summoned at two other points in time?12000 BC and 600 AD. While traveling in 2300 AD, Koishi, Futo, and Nitori see a video of the Day of Kisume which occurred in 1999 AD, and decide to prevent it somehow. Mamizou is also after Kisume for destroying her home era of 12000 BC.

Kisume, in Flight of the Dactyls
Kisume has three different forms. The first form is the outer shell, which resembles the Peluda, a mythical beast in French mythology. The second form consists of a large humanoid form with two arms. The third and final form is Kisume Core, consisting of three parts: a humanoid center, and two floating 'bits'. Apparently, the absolute core of Kisume is one of these bits, since it can revive its other parts and destroying it defeats Kisume.
Turns out Hopeless Masquerade has some layers of story telling to it! What could Zun be planning with all of this story? Maybe it could be some social commentary? Who knows!? I'm sorry for spoiling 13.5 for all of you. I just had to tell people.  As a bonus, I came upon Kisume's unused SA theme. I have reason to believe that it shows 4 scrapped Touhou characters! That's a story for another time however.
I should go do some homework before I post something even stupider than this.

Lukesky180

• Knight of the Hungry Ghost
  • Yuyuko-sama!
    • HSE-Endeavor's Robotics Team
« Reply #129 on: May 23, 2013, 12:50:53 AM »
Woaaaah. That was deep.
>This is the little mistress.
>Oh, hello little one!
Is this my dream, the destiny to behold?
~Sister of Scarlet~

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
« Reply #130 on: May 23, 2013, 01:08:54 AM »
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.................

How 'bout that English Patch, any news on who's decided to take it up?
Livestream Artstreams|Youtube
3DS Friend Code: 0748-2156-8970

Kingault

• Insert witty description here.
« Reply #131 on: May 23, 2013, 01:17:48 AM »
Maybe Kisume was possessed by 10D's 1st stage midboss since before she landed on Earth...

Lukesky180

• Knight of the Hungry Ghost
  • Yuyuko-sama!
    • HSE-Endeavor's Robotics Team
« Reply #132 on: May 23, 2013, 01:19:48 AM »

Not that I've seen... Although it was only a matter of time before someone would ask about it here.

Although I do hope we can get a hold of the tools from the successful Chinese community and figure out the vertical text issues...
>This is the little mistress.
>Oh, hello little one!
Is this my dream, the destiny to behold?
~Sister of Scarlet~

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #133 on: May 23, 2013, 03:40:21 AM »

It will depend entirely on how fast the game files can get decrypted.

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
  • I am still here. Sometimes.
« Reply #134 on: May 23, 2013, 04:16:11 AM »
@Hinacle You know what the crazy thing is? The guy who did the Yamane mockup, also did this picture

Also, Kisume's profile totally isn't ripping off Lavos
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 06:37:33 AM by ToyoRai »

Mayson

• The future... A new age!
« Reply #135 on: May 23, 2013, 04:39:21 AM »
@Hinace You know what the crazy thing is? The guy who did the Yamane mockup, also did this picture

He is so good, if we didn't have all the other information already I'd instantly believe it. God damn it.  :wat:

« Reply #136 on: May 23, 2013, 05:04:01 AM »
Hey, it all makes sense now. The final boss is a mont blanc, y'all!

im sorry but i can never ever get that out of my head

« Reply #137 on: May 23, 2013, 07:45:04 AM »
So, will they be posting game play videos during the next few days?

Quwanti

• Pixel stuff
« Reply #138 on: May 23, 2013, 09:49:22 AM »
Oh, she is a new character, because a newbie sprite artist said on twitter he worked part of the final boss sprites. As indicated by Chabo, he wouldn't know she's the final boss if she's not new. Sorry for forgetting to report that. Also I should have made it clearer Chabo is not the main artist on Futo.
Now I am curious who this artist is. Do you have a link?

And maybe also for any other designers I don't know off?

Kingault

« Reply #139 on: May 23, 2013, 10:15:41 AM »
Also, Kisume's profile totally isn't ripping off Lavos

But then who was Magus?

HyperGumba

• Substitutional Immortality
  • Touhou MUCK's PR Person or something
« Reply #140 on: May 23, 2013, 10:57:49 AM »
Now I am curious who this artist is. Do you have a link?

And maybe also for any other designers I don't know off?

[nsfw]http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?id=388930[/nsfw]

As the image implies, proceed with caution  :ohdear:

And I do hope to see some new footage. Though if we don't get any, we will likely be able to play it ourselves by the end of Sunday.

Still, what's with the initially promised daily updates until release?

Clicking the signature leads you to our flash-based web client! ~ Here is some extensive info on TM! ~ I also have a Tumblr now!

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
« Reply #141 on: May 23, 2013, 12:54:55 PM »
As the image implies, proceed with caution  :ohdear:
No, Quwanti was asking for the newbie artist who worked on the final boss.

That's his twitter: https://twitter.com/migelfutosi

For his work, he points to his twitter gallery: http://twitpic.com/photos/migelfutosi
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

Zakari

• This loli contains Autism
  • Autistic Loli
« Reply #142 on: May 23, 2013, 01:16:25 PM »
All about Kisume.

Does that mean, is she stronger than the Lunarians?

Quwanti

• Pixel stuff
« Reply #143 on: May 23, 2013, 01:24:09 PM »

For his work, he points to his twitter gallery: http://twitpic.com/photos/migelfutosi
Thank you.

Damn, he really knows how to animate his stuff. I want to reach that kind off skills, eventually.

HyperGumba

• Substitutional Immortality
  • Touhou MUCK's PR Person or something
« Reply #144 on: May 23, 2013, 02:47:01 PM »

Oh man, I feel so dumb. Nice to see more stuff though, haven't seen this myself yet.

Clicking the signature leads you to our flash-based web client! ~ Here is some extensive info on TM! ~ I also have a Tumblr now!

« Reply #145 on: May 23, 2013, 03:26:54 PM »
Wow that persons done Madoka, Chuunibyou AND Gj-Bu sprites! I love this person

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #146 on: May 24, 2013, 03:31:17 AM »
All I have to say is that I've been increasingly underwhelmed as the reveals have gone on but at least I'll get another Cosmic Mind and/or Fires of Hokkai rendition out of this whole ordeal.

Kingault

« Reply #147 on: May 24, 2013, 04:16:20 AM »
The final boss is most likely this guy.
Either that or it turns out that ZUN is the Hakurei God.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 11:04:14 AM by Kingault »

Gray21oh

• An excuse for a title
  • This is suppose to be nonsensical except it isn't
« Reply #148 on: May 24, 2013, 08:06:53 AM »
I have to wonder if the final boss track would just be a rearrangement of Izanagi Object from NToJ.

Zakari

• This loli contains Autism
  • Autistic Loli
« Reply #149 on: May 24, 2013, 12:11:33 PM »
I think the final character will be revealed on Reitaisai 10.

can`t wait for it.