Author Topic: League of Legends Thread XI: ARAM is making my rank decay :(  (Read 192027 times)

gammaraptor

• i won't depend on anyone anymore
Re: League of Legends Thread XI: ARAM is making my rank decay :(
« Reply #960 on: August 17, 2013, 07:44:42 PM »
Wow, it looks like SK is kicked out, pretty surprised but they got outplayed hard but Alternate, and they just snowballed them.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #961 on: August 17, 2013, 07:45:37 PM »
Yes, SK are out.

Hopefully this time they stay out. I *hate* SK and their revolving door roster, and for things Ocelote has done before that I cannot really forgive.

The fact Arenea or however you spell it kicked them out [literally with Lee Sin] makes it so much sweeter. Only better irony would be if Curse had gone out in NA showing EDWard how much of an error he made, especially after all-stars and his far sub-par performance there

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

gammaraptor

« Reply #962 on: August 17, 2013, 07:56:46 PM »
Well 5 tie breaker games. Glad, will have something to watch with NA LCS done

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #963 on: August 17, 2013, 08:01:27 PM »
EG v Gambit.
NiP v Fnatic

EG v Gambit... just like old times.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

gammaraptor

« Reply #964 on: August 17, 2013, 09:29:34 PM »
EG v Gambit.
NiP v Fnatic

EG v Gambit... just like old times.

HOLY SHIT EG, man that comeback, down 14/21, they caught out Alex Ich and Genja, took baron, pushed all the way down to the nexus and won

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #965 on: August 17, 2013, 09:36:25 PM »
Gambit just fell apart and went in too fast without accord for how fast each individual character could go in, ended up like a conga line, and the Evelynn/Shen 'Submarine' got sunk before Alex managed to port in, and Alex died before Genja/Voidle arrived.

Gambit completely mistimed their assault, fell apart, and frankly threw the game. Not like them, really, to mess up co-ordination like that.

gammaraptor

« Reply #966 on: August 17, 2013, 10:32:14 PM »
Gambit just fell apart and went in too fast without accord for how fast each individual character could go in, ended up like a conga line, and the Evelynn/Shen 'Submarine' got sunk before Alex managed to port in, and Alex died before Genja/Voidle arrived.

Gambit completely mistimed their assault, fell apart, and frankly threw the game. Not like them, really, to mess up co-ordination like that.

And that is why you don't let Xpeke have Kassadin... jk Soaz had a really good game on Nasus but quite frankly EG just teamfought poorly, that first blood dive turned out awful, yellowpete getting caught when he didn't need to be

« Reply #967 on: August 18, 2013, 12:17:35 AM »
wow that game

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #968 on: August 18, 2013, 03:01:50 AM »
Real cool to go ranked 1 day before your LP starts to drop and then the game crashes and refuses to let you back into the match.

>_>''

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #969 on: August 18, 2013, 06:55:45 AM »
wow that game

Which game, I am weak and needed sleeps after EGvGambit 1.

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
« Reply #970 on: August 18, 2013, 07:15:18 AM »
today a caitlyn thanked me for shitting all over her diana

her diana was a shithead and was real bad but still

it was weird

edit: also morellonomicon is probably overpowered and will probably get a price increase eventually
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 07:32:10 AM by Ryuu »

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #971 on: August 18, 2013, 02:05:41 PM »
I should have dodged when our midlaner locked Lee Sin in ranked and said 'I heard it's OP'.

That implies he's never tried it before.

Needless to say, he gave first blood to Mid Eve before the 4 min mark. How does Lee lose early duels? How does Lee manage to die to an Eve, who he kinda hard counters with his reveals, next to his own tower?

Hilariously he had the gall to try and claim he got no ganks mid, when the jungler [me] was 4/0/6 at 20 mins. And yet mid and top still lost...

===

EDIT:

Just played some Quinn on freeweek in normals, with the aim of improving my aggressive play and my ADC play at once.

Pulled the biggest Heromodo play I've done in ages. Teamfight breaks out near the enemy blue buff, so I enter Ultimate and come in because the fight is scattered. I help pick up two kills [A lot of kills got stolen from he this game by our Shaco or Blitzcrank], and then I see our Zed, who just popped their Draven with Death Mark's delayed damage [Who I was hitting] fleeing on almost no HP from Jarvan [Hence why he wasn't hitting Draven]

I throw aside all annoyance at the fact Death Mark stole my kill on Draven, Vault over the wall between the Tribrush and the blue buff onto Jarvan, blind him so he can't finish Zed, BotRK him so Zed escapes, then wail on him, Tag Team running out of time as J4 tried to run, finishing him off with the execute.

The enemy team proceeded to whine about how low Zed was when he escaped, and my team were like 0_0 because of the heromode play the ADC of all players made.

Quinn is the sort of champion I would *love* to play, but I just wish she was actually a good champion worth practising. The concept is cool, and the buffs made her *playable*, but she's still flawed in concept sadly.

On the other hand, I am thinking about Ghostblade+IE on Quinn, especially as it makes her even faster as Valor, and the active lasts longer as Valor, and you can turn into Valor more. Brutalizer helps her strong lane phase too.

I went BotRK-> IE -> GA that game, although I never finished the GA. Probobly woulda gone Ghostblade afterwards. Might try out Ghostblade into IE into GA [Quinn needs a defensive item as her 3rd item or else she will be focused and exploded] I guess the throw-up between Ghostblade and BotRK as a chase item to get first to enable kills could go either way.

===
EDIT2:

OK got in another Quinn game where I rushed a Ghostblade. Had a bad 1~6 because our Leona support wasn't too great and we got ganked hard at one point [A jungle Fizz jumped from their tower as we went aggro near it], but once I got Brutaliser, [Passive]->Vault->[Passive] was dealing half the HP of the enemy support. When I got Ghostblade I started ripping apart the 3/0 Ezreal while 0/1/1, and when I got IE on top of that I could kill almost anyone in a instant using the steroid from my Ult combined with Ghostblade's active.

At one point to save our Lee I dived in on the pretty healthy Ezreal, in the middle of their team, and managed to kill him before I even got bursted down, as my death also triggered Shkstrike which damaged the enemy team enough combined with my Q to allow us to ace them, especially as we traded ADC's. That's how much damage output IE/Ghostblade Quinn has. It almost feels like an assassin.

Went GA after that, and actually got it, but then I failed to die with it, and the enemy surrendered when they realized 'OH CRAP QUINN HAS A GA NOW AT 25 MINS AND SHE ALREADY TRADED 1 FOR 1 IN 5v1'S' just after another ace and we took an inhib.

I'm unsure where to go past that point, however. I could go BotRK, making use of the Vamp Scepter I pick up early, however, Last Whisper and Zypher [More CDR, more speed, AS, AD, Tenacity to all help chase] seem like good choices too.

But yeah, Ghostblade rush on Quinn is legit.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 12:27:22 PM by Raikaria »

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #972 on: August 19, 2013, 07:26:17 PM »
iiiii don't really think 1 game of data is enough to say that one antiquated item is good on someone

Patorikku

• Weird country-bumpkin city-boy hybrid
  • (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #973 on: August 19, 2013, 08:24:15 PM »
iiiii don't really think 1 game of data is enough to say that one antiquated item is good on someone
Okay... TWO games of data!

But yeah, I still say Quinn is better built with Runaan's, BT and BoRK. Sets you up with ungodly amounts of lifesteal and nearly caps off AS when your W is maxed and you switch to Valor. You're not undefeatable, but you're definitely a pain in the neck to kill, or even survive. Any game I get fed with that setup usually leads to about 20+ kills if they don't surrender at 20, but then again, I'm usually at scrub tier, where they always run away when Quinn comes around.

I've been thinking of trying to build her with Zephyr instead of Runaan's, but I don't get to ADC often enough.

Oh look, I got an image in my signature. Finally.
Click here for Tumblr nonsense.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #974 on: August 19, 2013, 08:26:41 PM »
True, one game isn't enough data, but it seems to work. I also tried it again, although the game was hardly normal. We lost, but I still ended positive.

As I said before, I *want* Quinn to be good, she's fun, but she's... just flawed as a concept because range is OP and giving that up is... no.

When I'm testing things out I usually get excited about things, unless it clearly doesn't work. I'm inventive. I like being able to pull out an unusual, effective build that catches people off-guard. Lulu toplane is a prime example.

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #975 on: August 19, 2013, 09:01:49 PM »
the problem with quinn imo isn't her low range so much as her passive and her e. valor seems to favor creep over actual targets, reducing quinn's potential for lane harass. as a short range carry, she's already really susceptible to receiving more autos in damage than the one she can put out, but the passive never marking enemy champions really hurts her ability to trade at all ever. it also gives a giant sign for her opponents saying "quinn will try to harass you now."

as for her e, it doesn't seem to ever have the intended effect. she doesn't move anywhere near far enough away from her target, and the move doesn't operate the same as other similar moves. example, amumu bandage tosses over morgana q and is not effected by it. however, quinn attemps to jump over a morgana q and gets nailed by it and dies. basically her kiting and damage avoidance tool fails at accomplishing both things.

also i sort of feel that quinn is supposed to be "low risk" and valor is supposed to be "high risk", but due to quinn's issues, it ends up more like "high risk" and "why would you do this"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #976 on: August 19, 2013, 09:05:19 PM »
also i sort of feel that quinn is supposed to be "low risk" and valor is supposed to be "high risk", but due to quinn's issues, it ends up more like "high risk" and "why would you do this"

I find Valor likes to target whatever is nearest, prioritizing champions over creeps if the nearest champion and nearest creep are very close. It also seems to like low HP.

Also, the timer isn't exactly fixed either, I find.

As for the two modes, it's 'Aggressive High Risk' and 'Suicide Button', unless you're using Tag Team for some niche purpose, like picking off 1 isolated person, or crossing the map after splitpushing. Neither of which are great. I got poked down before a teamfight, went to back, ulted, got back as the fight started, and picked off an isolated Lux.

It's so annoying to have fun with a champion, but at the same time hate them so much for being... disappointing and just flawed.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 09:07:21 PM by Raikaria »

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #977 on: August 19, 2013, 09:07:10 PM »
Valor prioritizes champions over minions, prioritizes low HP and has a 3 seconds cooldown if the mark is procced - 10 seconds if it isn't.

Also, it marks the last thing you hit unless it's a small minion.

Just leaving this here.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 09:08:41 PM by Toyosatomimi No Sacchi »

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #978 on: August 19, 2013, 09:08:02 PM »
Valor prioritizes champions over minions, prioritizes low HP and has a 4.5 seconds cooldown if the mark is procced - 10 seconds if it isn't.

Just leaving this here.

Didn't feel anywhere near that constant for me, and Valor certainly wasn't targeting champions on priority, unless they were closer than the minions, or I was already hitting them.

I found myself waiting for Valor to mark a champion a lot before going in for lane harass. It just doesn't *feel* consistent.

That said, feeling consistent and being consistent are two different things.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 09:09:50 PM by Raikaria »

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #979 on: August 19, 2013, 09:12:15 PM »
That's all information I got from the wiki tbh, so I can't know if it's 100% right.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #980 on: August 19, 2013, 09:30:51 PM »
Why not just mark them yourself with her E?

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #981 on: August 19, 2013, 09:34:36 PM »
you can't 100% trust wiki information. it's handy for stats and such, but for more complex mechanics like how valor operates, it's better to get in-game experience with it.

Why not just mark them yourself with her E?

because your e is your defensive/escape ability. it's like ezreal using arcane shift for damage

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #982 on: August 19, 2013, 09:41:10 PM »
Actually I'd say Vault is your engage ability.

However, why engage when you only get one passive proc? It's far better for trades to wait for your target to be marked, AA, Vault, AA, Q and then chase with the target slowed if you are going for the kill. It's a very potent harass combo with no answer from AA champions like Draven or Vayne. With that combo and a Brutaliser, I was chunking almost half HP off supports.

Also, Vault isn't that great of an escape when if you're interrupted you end where you were at the point of Vault, and you dash into melee range to perform the move. If you try to vault to say, an Alistar, you get Q'ed and die. Or say, a Draven uses Stand Aside. Vault is also really weird if your target dashes during it. I've had people dash over walls and I follow them and don't jump back over, and if, say, an Ezreal shifts, you get dragged a-la Maokai.

It's a high-risk escape at best, and is only really an 'escape' at all if you're already closer than your max AA range. And if you are at the sort of range where Vault would put you further away, you're usually all-inning or used Vault as part of your harass combo already for the slow and ministun.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 09:44:46 PM by Raikaria »

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #983 on: August 19, 2013, 09:46:42 PM »
I'd say do it because you're doing a lot of damage anyway, and as mentioned before, passive marks aren't all that reliable and waiting for them makes you predictable. I don't think the cooldown on it is all that large anyway.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #984 on: August 19, 2013, 09:48:35 PM »
vault is supposed to always deliver you to a point farther than where you cast it from(+ slow)

also stand aside and condemn completely fuck with vault's ability to do things

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #985 on: August 19, 2013, 09:50:28 PM »
I'd say do it because you're doing a lot of damage anyway, and as mentioned before, passive marks aren't all that reliable and waiting for them makes you predictable. I don't think the cooldown on it is all that large anyway.

Cooldown is 12/11/10/9/8. Range is 750, and it puts you 525 away [Max AA range] at which point you automatically begin an autoattack on the target. [Making it a pusdo-AA reset, another reason to Auto-Vault-Auto-Q, especially early.]

The 750 range vs 525 landing range is also why Vault is an awful escape.

vault is supposed to always deliver you to a point farther than where you cast it from(+ slow)

also stand aside and condemn completely fuck with vault's ability to do things

That got changed ages ago Ryuu.

'Upon reaching the target, she leaps off and lands near her maximum attack range away from the target. Valor will immediately mark this target as Vulnerable. '

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #986 on: August 19, 2013, 10:15:01 PM »
Cooldown is 12/11/10/9/8. Range is 750, and it puts you 525 away [Max AA range] at which point you automatically begin an autoattack on the target. [Making it a pusdo-AA reset, another reason to Auto-Vault-Auto-Q, especially early.]

The 750 range vs 525 landing range is also why Vault is an awful escape.

That got changed ages ago Ryuu.

'Upon reaching the target, she leaps off and lands near her maximum attack range away from the target. Valor will immediately mark this target as Vulnerable. '

ewww no wonder the skill is so messy

also it's not really an auto reset per se since the cast time is so long that your auto just comes off cd. it's like calling peacemaker an auto reset--technically true in that you can auto after it, but false in that it is not a strict reset.

this is actually just another issue for quinn. at what point does the vault + damage proc become more or less good than just autoing? the passive application makes it seem like an offensive ability but the slow and reposition make it seem like a defensive kiting ability. and then the burst potential of it also makes it an execute ability?

vault so messy

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #987 on: August 19, 2013, 10:16:20 PM »
It's so messy and it's what makes her somewhat work, no?

Riot wat r u doin

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #988 on: August 20, 2013, 01:53:58 AM »
Fun tidbit: I (as Sona) flashed over the dragon wall just as Quinn vaulted to me, trapping me in the pit. With 3 more enemy teammates on the way.

Let's just say rape culture had never been so strongly condoned, nor since.
because your e is your defensive/escape ability. it's like ezreal using arcane shift for damage
and why would you engage with enemy minions behind you
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 01:58:50 AM by a cute doge »

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #989 on: August 20, 2013, 01:56:26 AM »
and why would you engage with enemy minions behind you
because ezreal