Author Topic: League of Legends Thread XI: ARAM is making my rank decay :(  (Read 192017 times)

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
         MotK Grand List of Nicks:
            Likaros (YellowYoshi1)
            DefinitelySatori (SomewhatMystia)
            DanDanRevolution (Cyclone)
            ReimuHakureiSM (Golden PX)
            Wasabikun (Bitmap)
            Kyo Tanaka (Kyo Tanaka)
            Cheez Bix (Andrewv42)
            Ryuumasken (Ryuu)
            Ruffa (Rukaroa)
            Daxarian (Evies)
            MoltenTruros (Molten) (NA/EUNE)
            FFMaster (FFmaster)
            Esifex (Esifex)
            Fizzleboom (Cadmas)
            jaxter0987 (jaxter0987)
            Landonpeanut (Landon)
            Lord Varuna (Anima Zero)
            ACTlONDAN (ActionDan)
            Darkslime7 (DarkSlimeZ)
            Ryoshima Nanbu (Hanzo K.)
            Admiral Skye (Admiral Skye)
            Rikter (Rikter)
            Kishuni (Taboo)
            linthuslyth(linthuslyth)
            Yaersulf(Yaersulf)
            Yukarin(Yukarin)
        Garlyle Wilds (Garlyle)
        Leothbious (Suikama)
        EyeMtheStron9est (EyeMtheStron9est)
        Dr Rawr (nurse rawr)
        theshim (theshim)
        Galfrey (Nemo)
        PureamLance (Chaore)
        Tetran (Firestorm)
        StrawberryDragon(hyorinryu)
        Caedo Ergo Sum(Dormio)
        gammaraptor(gammaraptor)
        demonbman(demonbman)
        Sacchi Hikaru(Sacchi Hikaru)
        DoubleDibble (DoubleDibble)
        Jam Kiske (Jam-Kiske)
        Smashnuke (Smashy)
        taterbox (triangles)
    O Komachi on NA/Noxisscia on EUW (Ayrix)
    Mauru (Mimeslayer)
    Ippikiryu (Ippikiryu)
    Raikaria on EUW (Raikaria)
    Cirno on PH (s.tinkrbell)
    Nathaniel Varner (Patorikku)
    Blackbattler (Schezo)
    Watermelonz9 (Watermelonz9)
    kaossakana (Kaos Sakana)
Raitaki (Raitaki)
WanderingBeats on PH (WanderingBeats)
post in thread to be added (yes sometimes I miss people sorry :( )

last thread

ARAM 24/7, what is summoner's rift
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 05:28:21 PM by Helepolis »

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Raitaki

• 雷滝
Re: League of Legends Thread XI: ARAM is making my rank decay :(
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 02:24:13 AM »
Once again forgotten ;_;

Plz add me to the list, nick Raitaki ;_;
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki, if both of us ended up as mafia
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- I would be so angry
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- that I will snap and give into my rage

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 02:39:10 AM »
Yeah basically

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 02:51:43 AM »
Once again forgotten ;_;

Plz add me to the list, nick Raitaki ;_;
fixed

just played an ARAM in which our Nautilus built six giant's belts

he was the Nomura Nautilus

brb playing Final Nautilus XIII

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 03:02:32 AM »
fixed

just played an ARAM in which our Nautilus built six giant's belts

he was the Nomura Nautilus

brb playing Final Nautilus XIII
Doesn't beat that Soraka with 4 warmogs and a deathcap I saw back before Howling Gale
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2013, 04:24:17 AM »

This has pretty much been me too, ARAM for life!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2013, 09:33:56 AM »
Guys, I come to you today to talk about a very serious thing no-one will take me seriously on.

Tiamat. Renekton.

Yes, I found someone Tiamat is good on. Why is it good?

Because it's active actually cancels the self-surpress on W as well as being a 100% AD nuke at that range.

Suddenly Fury W is 4 hits, a 1.75 stun, and you can still do stuff.

Also W instantly procs 2/3 Tiamat AoE's, so if there happens to be enemies around, I don't know, attempting to get you off the squishies... they take a bunch of damage from W as well.

Oh and 70 AD with Hydra and Renekton's ratios is delicious.

And Double Rejuv Bead start too gives you ~17 HP/5 at Level 1 + Cull the Meek healing + 3 Pots.

[I also tried Sword of the Divine, thinking 10 autos in 2 seconds. Didn't work that well, partially because 5 people jumped on me when I tried it]

The enemy lane Riven then tried to copy me and also built a Tiamat. Not exactly a Riven item.

Oh, and you know Renekton's farming is already godly?

Well with Hydra I had 270 CS in 33 mins.  Around 60 more than the Ultra-fed Diana and Ashe on my team.

I went negative K/D in the game but that's only because I was laneing against a Riven, who hops away, there was an Ultra-fed Diana and Ashe taking all the kills, and I played the happy splitpusher that gets attacked by 5 people, including a Blitzcrank and a Lissandra [So not getting away], and eats all the ults before dying so the other 4 murder everything.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 09:35:32 AM by Raikaria »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2013, 03:25:28 PM »
I've been playing too much Jayce and Kayle lately, and I want to build either Ravenous Hydra or Runaan's Hurricane more often, but neither one is a good full-time item for either champ. Both items will work in their respective modes of attack for each champion, of course, so of course there's no reason to expect both to work all the time - Hydra effect on Runaan bolts? Yeah that'd go over well

Also doesn't Fiora get tiamat/Hydra typically?

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2013, 04:39:19 PM »
I've been playing too much Jayce and Kayle lately, and I want to build either Ravenous Hydra or Runaan's Hurricane more often, but neither one is a good full-time item for either champ. Both items will work in their respective modes of attack for each champion, of course, so of course there's no reason to expect both to work all the time - Hydra effect on Runaan bolts? Yeah that'd go over well

I wouldn't get Hurricane on either honestly. I don't really like it as an item. There are few people I would get it on, and even then, I think they have better items.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2013, 04:47:13 PM »

Only if the enemy team packs together like crazy. AKA: Your team has an Orianna.

That or you're doing nothing but splitpush.

A BT is better otherwise on Fiora.

Gangplank is honestly better with it because the AoE procs Parrrley, and gives bonus gold if it kills something.

I also don't get why Zeds don't build it. It's around the same cost as BotRK. It gives more AD, which makes all your abilities stronger, and it gives another 100% AD nuke, which, with Zed, especially with the passive from Living Shadow, should be stronger than the BotRK active up until ~2500 HP [Estimate, depends on how much AD you build, also this is notwithstanding the extra AD the item gives in the first place on his AD ratios, still, it's easily better than BotRK on squishies, who is whom you should be targeting]. Not to mention it makes his splitpush and harass better.

I am also curious about a Sword of the Divine on Irelia. The turnaround abilty with Equilbirum Strike, Transecdent Blades, and 3 accelerated AS Crits with Hiten Style active seems silly.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 04:49:47 PM by Raikaria »

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2013, 05:05:17 PM »
Runaan is a good item on Kayle actually, since it also procs the magical dmg on hit of her E though not the splash (so the one person you're right clicking actually gets the LEAST DMG :U). On the other hand, between her E, move steroids and ult, I don't see why you would build her tanky -> I don't see why you would ever want to fight without your E, thus there's really no reason to get a Hydra on her.

And what? Parrrley procs Hydra AoE? That doesn't make sense :U Unless you mean the AoE procs the gold bonus, which doesn't make sense either since that's only for Parrrley last hits.

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2013, 05:30:41 PM »
Well, Runaan's aspd bonuses still work for Kayle even while E is off/on CD, so it could still synergize with the AoE splash life steal from Hydra. Factor in stuff like a BT and an IE or PD, and you could theoretically rip things apart pretty quickly, thanks to her passive.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2013, 06:13:44 PM »
Runaan is a good item on Kayle actually, since it also procs the magical dmg on hit of her E though not the splash (so the one person you're right clicking actually gets the LEAST DMG :U). On the other hand, between her E, move steroids and ult, I don't see why you would build her tanky -> I don't see why you would ever want to fight without your E, thus there's really no reason to get a Hydra on her.

And what? Parrrley procs Hydra AoE? That doesn't make sense :U Unless you mean the AoE procs the gold bonus, which doesn't make sense either since that's only for Parrrley last hits.

Except the AoE is an on-hit effect for Parrrrley and therefor part of Parrrley and triggers the gold.

Same for Shiv and Gauntlet, and any other 'on-kill' effect, like Irelia's Bladesurge [You can get back more mana than it cost!], Or Nasus Q

Smashy

• :V tank
  • ᕦ(? Д?)ᕤ
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2013, 09:20:26 PM »
.Or Nasus Q

... I thought Nasus Q explicitly didn't get bonus damage from kills done by the Tiamat/Icefist procs and that's why you never buy him a Tiamat early.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2013, 09:29:41 PM »
Nope, people don't buy Tiamat on Nasus early because IBG is far better on him because Nasus builds pure tank and his AD ratios are nonexistant [Q isn't really an AD ratio when it's an autoattack and you'd need a LOT of AD to make it better than Iceborn's proc]. People generally rush IBG or Sunfire on Nasus.

That or Locket + Golem because Jungle Nasus.

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2013, 10:46:09 PM »
Holy crap Raikaria

I went to TT and tried Hydra/IBG gp like you said, and it did work

I swear I was like perpetual burst machine that plays like an AP except AP carries usually can't heal themselves and don't have four digit crits and don't perpetually sustain and can't melee for crap and and

*chokes*

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2013, 11:04:18 PM »
You see, every now and then Raikaria is right. I like finding uses for underused items. No-one sees these things coming.

Although I never considered it on TTT, and I guess GP is better there than on SR... and his incremental gold bonuses are effectivly worth more when there's less gold overall.

Which reminds me that it's a Syndra freeweek therefor I must do Muramana Syndra.

EDIT: I'm a moron it's not a Syndra freeweek what am I saying
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 11:13:48 PM by Raikaria »

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2013, 12:59:57 AM »
the only issue i see with that build is that it's a little squishy. you get some defense from gauntlet, but if you rush those two items, you end up easier to chew up than you would on a more typical buildpath

also it's not as fun as critplank B)

edit: also they patched muramana syndra iirc

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2013, 01:00:56 AM »
You see, every now and then Raikaria is right. I like finding uses for underused items. No-one sees these things coming.

Although I never considered it on TTT, and I guess GP is better there than on SR... and his incremental gold bonuses are effectivly worth more when there's less gold overall.

Which reminds me that it's a Syndra freeweek therefor I must do Muramana Syndra.

EDIT: I'm a moron it's not a Syndra freeweek what am I saying

The best part is that since Ez can't use it, you don't need to worry about it getting nerfed every other patch.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2013, 01:08:12 AM »
Well he can use the IBG part of the combo.

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2013, 01:31:39 AM »
the only issue i see with that build is that it's a little squishy. you get some defense from gauntlet, but if you rush those two items, you end up easier to chew up than you would on a more typical buildpath

also it's not as fun as critplank B)
Except in TT usually if someone's alone and I pop out to fight them they're like OMFG IT'S GP and start running even though all I built for tankiness was phage :P Early game crits + E gp (I start with either Avarice or cloak of agi + pots, depending on how easy I think it would be to last hit without being harassed) can solo and win against just about anyone without a stun. Once I went lv1 vs lv3 a Master Yi who went Wuju style first, and all I had was Avarice and long sword and my E, and I still managed to solo him down to about 40%. Lategame I stick near other people, so I can poke with impunity and have backup if whoever I'm poking jumps me. Apparently rushing Hydra/Tiamat also gives gp some much-needed non-random burst early game to secure kills, and if you're dueling someone near a bunch of minions of both sides after Q, Crescent and 1-2 AAs, pretty much the whole enemy minion wave vanishes (people rarely notice their minions vanishing during duels), and in case you already have Hydra you also get some nice heals out of all that.

I've played quite a few TT matches, and I've found that squishy gp carry totally works as long as you don't shove your face into the enemy team after they complete their first tank item like an idiot. Somehow your burst matches or exceeds most other people in average (since a lot of people like to get AoEs and cc in TT over pure damage), and the W means gp ends up tankier than most other damage dealers, too, and when if you ult AFTER a duel starts people take that as an "OH SHIT IT'S A TRAP RUN" instead of initiation and starts running, giving free hits :V So far the only real counters to gp I've seen on TT are mobile tanks, like Vi, and AD bursters, like Zed. But then again, against those I just go somewhere else until someone else comes to help anyway, so :V

Widermelonz

• Delicious
  • Yum
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2013, 04:18:37 AM »
I run Ravenous Hydra on Darius. Shit's fun for dunkin' dudes.

Patorikku

• Weird country-bumpkin city-boy hybrid
  • (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2013, 04:43:21 AM »
So I go about playing Quinn ADC again, because this patch was good to her.

One match I end up starting a 1v2 because blind pick at my rank is apparently full of stubborn idiots. :V One good gank from Volibear later, I double-kill Nidalee and Gangplank on my own, and proceed to steamroll the team to victory, even managing to get a quadra kill from a teamfight I (somewhat foolishly) jump headfirst into. Finish the game going 20/6.

This patch was REALLY good to Quinn. That, or I'm actually more skilled than the rest of the people at my rank, despite what I tell myself.

Oh, by the way, I've been meaning to ask, do my runes look alright? I'm always revamping and recrafting the pages, trying to buff them up somehow, but I'm not sure if I'm getting the most out of them. Ignore the Kennen v AP one, though; I was just trying to see how a rune page built similarly to Ignaxio's would work for me.

Also, if the names are confusing at all or too obscure, they are, in order: Burst AD, Tank AP, Kennen/Spellvamp AP, Ranged Support, Bruiser AD, Jungler AD, Nuke AP, Poke AD, Ego Ignaxio Kennen, and Tank Support.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 11:39:48 PM by Patorikku »

Oh look, I got an image in my signature. Finally.
Click here for Tumblr nonsense.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2013, 11:52:45 PM »
Hot damn they're hitting Rumble hard again, they already made his ult worthless against anyone who can jump out of it.

Large base damage reduction on Flamespitter and Harpoon and a reduction of 0.35 AP ratio on Flame and 0.2 total on Harpoons, at the same time. So not only is building pen worse but building AP is worse at the same time. That's a pretty large composite nerf to hit him with simultaneously.

[Speaking of so...many...people...just stand in the Equalizer, even in the LCS I've seen thelikes of Krepo and Froggen just STAND IN IT.]

Also:

Zyra

Thorn Spitter and Vine Lasher plants now correctly display their bonus damage from Ability Power
    Thorn Spitter and Vine Lasher plants now benefit from Banner of Command's minion damage aura

Excellent.... brb building Banner on support Zyra now. Her plants actually output pretty stupid levels of damage already, even with no AP  [26+[8*level], with 8 attacks during their life [12 with Ult], for a total of 1360 damage per plant left unchecked at Lv 18. Yeah. Now add any AP, with 0.2 per attack and 1.6 total. Then add Banner's 15%. Things get pretty insane pretty fast.]

Also the Cruicible change is YESSSSS.

EDIT: Did some number crunching:

26+[8*Level] per attack + 0.2 AP
10 second life
0.800 AS

So 8 attacks. [12 with Ult]

Banner is 40 AP.

Let's work out the damage of 1 plant at Lv 18, shall we?

26+144 = 170
170 + [0.2 * 40] = 178
* 1.15 = 204.7
That's per attack.

Now let's assume the plant gets off max attacks:
*8 = 1,637.6 damage
With ult:
*1.5 = 2,456.4 damage

255.875/383.8125 [Ult] DPS per plant at Lv 18

Yeeeeah.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 12:11:33 AM by Raikaria »

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2013, 01:38:44 AM »
    Puncturing Taunt
        Can no longer target minions

OK

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2013, 06:12:56 AM »
Still not in the name list :V WanderingBeats on PH server.

also yeahhhhh akali fotm

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2013, 10:09:01 AM »
Guys I just realized something.

MURAMANA. CASSIOPEIA.

Enjoy dying instantly if you get poisoned.

===

Also I tried Jungle Cassio in a solo custom game

Could clear without a leash
Could solo Nashor at 30 mins losing only half my HP in about 10 seconds

I prioritized farming jungle, although I did throw venoms on lanes as I went near them if they were pushing [As if my laner was b]. Her clear speed is dumb.

And this is BEFORE Twin Fang is proccing 20% spellvamp from Spectral Wraith. Oh, and Muramana, but that's not really a jungle cass item.

However, the main point is this:

Why wouldn't you build SotSW on Cassio in midlane atm? It's incredibly efficient, helps you take camps faster, and you'd have about the same level of farm as I did in that game usually. So you could solo Dragons and Barons. Also you might actually build Muramana in lane so you could clear things even faster and mutilate people.

Of course Jungle Cass *probobly* isn't a good thing, but that said, who likes being ganked by a Lv 6 Cassio even when they know she's coming?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 01:31:45 PM by Raikaria »

« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2013, 05:46:32 PM »
custom item sets oh sweet baby yes

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 07:01:32 PM by Raikaria »

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2013, 08:13:37 PM »
Finally!  As someone who's laptop is on the older side and I tend to load in towards the end - when MJP and I play together, the offset in our announcements/music is very noticeable - it's great to have the official standing not whoever can mash their keyboard fastest gets the role. 

On a related note, I'm 2-1 in my ranked placements (ARAM too sexy can't stop playing, also wobblesick the past week a bit = some concentration/reaction time difficulty) and so far the games have been really cordial and everyone does their best and cooperates, even the one that was a total stompfest and we were completely massacred. 

.......minus one lobby where apparently two of the guys had just gotten out of a game together that ended in a flaming ragefest.  "How can I be matched with him I ignored him last game!" and they managed to bicker and insult across each other since only one had the other muted and one of them missed making a first ban in the crossfire fighting.  Needless to say, dodged that one  :derp:  I always wondered if you could be matched with someone you ignored, mystery solved.