Author Topic: Touhou Fantasy [New Topic]  (Read 239954 times)

Xenomic

• T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • Xenomic's Lair
Re: Touhou Fantasy [New Topic]
« Reply #270 on: March 18, 2014, 01:55:59 AM »
Ok, so to get this out of the way and explain what each dungeon is supposed to be like, here's a blog on each dungeon's design! Perhaps this will help me out with figuring out what to do with various dungeons, or maybe ya'll can give me ideas! In any case, here's some groundwork rules that I kinda set for myself:

1) Generally try to avoid having dungeons span for more than 10 maps. Obviously, some dungeons are going to bypass this limit due to how they are (Hollowed Caverns hits around 20-30 some odd rooms, while Cave to Pandaemonium has 100 rooms, but all are tiny rooms). This is due in-part to A) Wanting the areas to be explorable, moreso than in some other games, and B) Encounter rate being set to 80 (meaning 1 in 80 chance of an encounter each step).

2) Maps tend to be less than 100x100. That's a general rule of thumb. Some dungeons DO exceed this though, but are generally 1-2 screens long and that's it for the dungeon. Various items and abilities (and a couple characters as well) help alleviate the tediousness of some of the dungeons.

3) After completing a dungeon, oftentimes an option to let the player skip past the dungeon entirely will be open. Not always will this be the case however!

4) Each dungeon tends to have 1 Notorious Monster (that being that one monster that'll wreck face if the player is not prepared).

With that out of the way, time to go over each of the dungeons/locations, in order of when you can visit them!

Beta1:

Non-Dungeons

Hakurei Shrine: No dungeon gimmicks here, as it's the starting point of the game, and thus can be conceived as a "base" of sorts. I may do something to make it more of a homebase or the like. Not sure what though...does need to be sized down both on the outside and inside I feel. Moreso on the inside than outside.

Human Village: Split into two segments: North and South. North is more of the living center, with the School being there, while the South is more of the business center, with a couple homes there. Both sides need revamped significantly, and I may just relegate all homes in the south to the north. Not sure what all "shops" should be in the south, as after a certain point in the game, both villages are destroyed.

Kourindou: Only one or two boss fights ever happen here, but it's otherwise just a location. Needs revamped badly though...it looks terrible, is too big, and doesn't feel like Kourindou at all.

Marisa's House: Only one boss fight ever happens here, and thus nothing else. Would LIKE to do more with this area, but don't know what. Needs revamped badly I think...

Alice's House: One of the last few maps made before I got back into the game. Site of some sidequests that'll come later, but not sure what yet.

Myouren Temple: Some fights happen here only in the intro thus far. Otherwise, just another location. Needs to be sized down tremendously though, especially on the inside.

Sunflower Field: SUPPOSEDLY, but it's kinda destroyed and you only visit it once to fight Yuuka. So nothing needs to really be done here.

Mayohiga: Two boss fights happen here in the story, but other than that there's nothing else to this place. Supposed to be a deserted town really, but not run-down. Needs to be revamped badly but not sure HOW to go about doing so without making it too huge...

Dungeons

Misty Lake: Fully revamped. It's still a basic tutorial dungeon, introducing some aspects of the battle system as well as some of the dungeon gimmicks that'll appear later on. Most of it is paying attention to the surrounding area for suspicious things, which leads to either finding items or progressing in the dungeon (moving towards rocks will allow the player to jump across the rocks, looking for breaks in the lake edge to walk across the water, etc.). Nothing hard and is relatively short. Misty Lake is the first to feature two separate paths: Easy and Hard. Easy having easier enemies but is relatively longer, while Hard is generally shorter but has stronger enemies and sometimes better rewards.

Scarlet Devil Mansion: Currently being revamped at the moment. The mansion consists of the first floor, second floor, roof, library, and basement. During the first visit, there are no enemies, but from the second visit onwards, once the player has access to the library and basement, they can fight random encounters. Second visit also features the first touch encounters of the game, found only in the first and second floors of the mansion. After the second visit is completed, these encounters will disappear from the mansion.

The mansion layout is relatively smaller compared to before, but many more rooms have been added for flavor and exploration. In addition, the library will be still be a maze, but not sure if there'll be any other gimmicks. I have to make sure that the player doesn't accidentally walk off the top of bookshelves to other areas, meaning I may have to pull a Change Tileset like I do with bridges and the like. The basement...I'm not sure on what to do yet. It may still be an underground maze as well, but more dark-oriented. I don't know, any suggestions?

Forest of Magic: Technically the second dungeon of the game. It's still relatively basic and even shorter than Misty Lake, even moreso on the Hard Path. It introduces status effects with the various enemies. Slightly revamped from the original.

Bamboo Forest: Completely revamped from the original, losing the Hard Path (for now), as well as the sign puzzles, instant death pitfalls, and forest maze. Instead, it is two screens long and features a mini-maze in the first area, and a pitfall area where falling into the pits doesn't instantly game over you, and instead sends you back to the first area through a pit with a Tewi? enemy inside it.

Eientei: Needs revamped from scratch. I've no idea how to make this work, and I'd rather avoid the door maze, but it needs to not be the way it is right now. The first visit has 10 rooms, but they're all terribly done. However, I WANT to keep the escape sequence in, so it needs to be decently long for the dungeon for the escape sequence to matter, and the Tewi Boo Carousel room must stay as well.

For those curious, the following gimmicks are in this dungeon:

Room #1: 20 doors, all Trap Doors. Behind some doors are treasures, but entering a door and leaving will reset all Trap Doors. The real path forward is through a hidden path right by the entrance.

Room #2: Tewi Boo Carousel.

Room #3: 8 doors, 4 are Trap Doors and entering them will spit the player out into earlier parts of the dungeon. The other 4 are illusion doors, where the player must find the one thing that's "off" about certain scenarios, or navigate a forest maze. Nothing spectacular at all.

Room #4: Quiz hallway. First chest requires the player to answer 5 questions in a row, second requires 12 in a row. Last chest requires the player to give it a 1-Up to continue.

Room #5: Battle Gauntlet. Two/three chests with enemies. Nothing special as they're enemies from Bamboo Forest.

Room #6: Nothing! Break hallway essentially with a save point and teleporter.

Room #7: Infinite hallway. Wraps around horizontally and has a bunch of doors, all which spit the player out in earlier parts of the dungeon. Way forward is back the way the player entered.

Room #8: Two parts. First part is just a hallway maze, requiring the player to find the correct hallway to progress forward. Second part has instant death pitfalls (player can tell they're near one by the ground shaking when they step on a tile close to one). The MAIN gimmick, however, is the player has to find and bring an armed bomb to the exit within 2 minutes or else they instantly game over. Terribly executed all around.

Room #9: Mini-boss and save point/teleporter.

Room #10: Boss room.

Beta2:

Underschool: Revamped quite a bit, including treasures hidden by pathways and the first introduction of walking over lava (no random encounters happen in lava however). The dungeon has been sized down considerably in some areas as well. Enemies are quite dangerous however, in particular the Toxic Flowers due in-part to the Bio spells. May have to readjust the damage on those later...

Youkai Mountain: The main portion of beta2. Not sure if it really needs revamped TOO badly, but it could do with a slight makeover perhaps? There's no real gimmick to the area. It's just a long-winded path that just takes time to get through. Enemies aren't nothing special in any of the areas. First introduces split parties however!

Winter Forest: A straightforward dungeon with no real gimmicks. The vast majority of enemies are Ice-elemental and use Ice-elemental attacks however, so the player can plan around this a bit. Not too terribly long either. Already fully revamped.

Hakugyokurou: The main dungeon itself is in the second screen on the stairs, which is a massive 30x300 map with touch encounters. The gimmick here? The player cannot run from any fights they get into, and all enemies are Ghost-type enemies, meaning most physical attacks are useless against them. However, the player gets to use Youmu here who's strong against Ghosts, and Reimu (with Youkai Buster) and Sanae (with Falling Stars) can also easily defeat enemies in this area. In the actual Hakugyokurou, which needs a slight revamp on the inside, it's generally small (except for the Yojana Garden to a degree, which has hidden items). Nothing too special happens in the main area aside from a few storyline fights however. Yojana Garden is the only place revamped.

Eientei: Also needs revamped on the second visit. The player cannot return to the first visit locations as the way is sealed, but can now grab any treasures behind the doors in the first areas since Trap Doors are gone. Main bulk of second visit is just a door maze...nothing exciting, but several touch encounters in various rooms that drop rare and powerful items and equipment. Needs revamped.

Beta3:

Road of Reconsideration/Higan: Only the first visit is required to complete the dungeon, as any return trips will allow you to completely skip the main dungeon. Main bulk of the dungeon is 2 large screens, but nothing special about the dungeon itself. The enemies however are mirror images of the player's playable characters, with level 5 versions of several of the character's skills and oftentimes dropping a character-specific crafting item (as well as carrying a level 3 scroll to steal most of the time, with the exception of a couple characters carrying very rare scrolls). After the 2 screens, the screens are super tiny, and has 2 bosses as well as a shop area (mostly to buff up Komachi as she's required for a boss). Court of Hell has no special gimmicks, but is the site of where the player can obtain Advent Cirno (requires them to use Cirno solo). Road of Reconsideration has already been revamped.

Remains of Hell: One of few dungeons that doesn't allow the player to warp throughout it, and thus is a slogfest. First visit forces the player to use a party of Reimu/Marisa/Momiji, and the dungeon is fairly long with some decently strong enemies. Also features walking on lava and the first to introduce passing under bridges. Has a gimmick of finding a fake wall in order to progress forward in the dungeon. After the Remains of Hell, the player will enter the Ancient City (which needs revamped) where the player can find a shop and some items. Next area is the Palace of Earth Spirits (needs sized down and revamped slightly), where the player must find their way to Satori (no actual gimmick to the dungeon, but a lot of paths to go down and several dead-ends). Several visits require the player to come to the Palace of Earth Spirits, but only the first visit doesn't warp the player back outside.

Second visit will unlock the Blazing Fires of Hell, which is relatively short and nothing spectacular. Needs revamped kinda.

Bamboo Forest Clearing: Only one screen, which is where Mokou is fought. Doesn't need revamped at all.

Poltergeist Mansion: Main gimmick is to find 4 books to get a key in a hidden basement. Mansion is home to several powerful enemies, all of various statuses. After defeating the Poltergeist Sisters, player is forced with a specific party of their choosing and are thus locked inside the mansion. Heading into the second area (needs revamped), the player will navigate a straightforward area but be forced into an enemy gauntlet. After defeating a couple bosses, player is forced with a specific party for the final boss of beta3. Main part of the mansion is already revamped.

Beta4:

Misty Lake: Exactly the same as first visit, only with fog and stronger enemies.

Scarlet Devil Mansion: Same as all other visits, except stronger enemies in library and basement.

Remains of Hell: Player is forced to use Marisa/Momiji/Yuugi for a while, then Yuugi is replaced with Koishi, and finally Utsuho joins. Second half requires the player to find 4 hidden switches to progress forward into the dungeon. Map isn't terribly large, but features bats that will drain the player's HP upon contact and CAN fatally kill characters. This area has already been revamped.

Youkai Mountain: First part is forced party of Sanae/Hina/Minoriko/Shizuha and is pretty close to a reenactment of the first time Sanae's party was used. Afterwards, player must go to the Kappa Caves which is a straightforward dungeon. Afterwards, player is locked into Bhava-Agra and must defeat the bosses there to progress in the game.

Dream World: Player is forced to use only Yuuka. Relatively long scenario, but forces the player to decide whether to fight or run, and what to use with Yuuka in general. Features several 1v1 boss fights that need revamped.

Scarlet Devil Mansion Dimensional Rift: Forced party of Remilia and Koakuma. Simply a teleporter maze, but a very short one. Feel like I could do more with this but not sure.

Icicle Caverns: Forced party of Iku and Letty. VERY straightforward dungeon and boring. Main gimmick is all previous Notorious Monsters can be fought here.

Insect Forest: Main party is Mystia and Wriggle, later joined by Chen and Tewi. Decently long scenario, but easy enemies and no dungeon gimmicks. Meant as a way to gather items and yen without overleveling the main playable characters.

Eastern Forest: Straightforward dungeon. Needs revamped badly, though will take some time as mapping forests is a pain in the butt. Not sure if it should have any dungeon gimmicks. Enemy encounters are of various elemental fairies, meaning the player is forced to think of which party members to bring and what equipment to wear.

Cave to Makai: The longest dungeon in the game, up to 2-3 hours give or take depending on how players play. Features several bosses and many types of enemies, as well as various dungeon gimmicks (mazes, invisible paths, switches, pitfalls that spit the player back to the previous area, etc.). The dungeon could stand to be revamped slightly. Features various maps from other Final Fantasy games. Coming here too early forces the player to fight Omega, whom the player should not be able to defeat (and will ultimately lose to).

And that's the main bulk of this article! All of the beta1-4 dungeons, as well as the non-dungeon locations! Suzuran will more than likely appear later on as a library of sorts for the various character information, equipment, and the such. Any C&C, and/or ideas, will be much obliged. If needed, I can get a screenshot of each area in the game?

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #271 on: March 23, 2014, 06:00:55 PM »
Some new screenies for ya'll interested! First up, the newly revamped Hakurei Shrine!

The shrine has been massively reduced in size both inside and outside. So now it doesn't take a minute to walk through the entire place! In addition, finding the Yin-Yang Orb weapon is a lot easier now as there's a visual indicator.

And last but not least, Kourindou has received a new look outside!

The inside of Kourindou is next to get reskinned. Moriya Shrine also got redone and reduced in size, so there's another area much smaller in size! Once Kourindou is done, Myouren Temple may be the next thing to be done...or Human Village. One or the other! Several maps may NOT be touched at all (some due to already being redone, such as Misty Lake, Road of Reconsideration, and Winter Forest) as they don't really need it TOO terribly. Others though (such as Eientei and possibly Cave to Makai) need it super badly. We'll see what happens! Don't worry though...eventually I'll progress the actual story and get beta5 done! Someday...

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #272 on: April 29, 2014, 05:45:16 AM »
No, don't worry. Game's not dead, just took a big break because I couldn't think of some puzzles is all.

So! Here are the currently implemented puzzles in new Eientei! No screenshots sadly this time...

Battle Room: 10 chests, all with random encounters (up to 10 sets of encounters per chest). The key is in one of these chests, and once the key is obtained, then the chests will stop giving enemies. However, if the player leaves the room without the key and comes back, all chests will respawn with different encounters, and the key will move to a completely different chest.

Hidden Passageway Room: Invisible maze, so to speak. You have to activate a switch at the start of the room, which gives 30 seconds (time pending as I haven't tested any of these rooms yet) for you to get to where the key is and pick it up. Otherwise, you have to reset the timer and try again. Nothing too difficult as there's nothing in the way.

Moving Floor Room: Based on Final Fantasy V's Desert of Shifting Sand area. Basically, you walk on a tile, and it'll move you in the direction it's facing. Have to get to the center area where the key is, but there's also a couple treasure chests strewn about in the area.

Sound Puzzle: Listen to a set of 5 sounds and play them back by finding the appropriate sound player and playing them in the correct order. Five levels, with level 1/2 giving 2 seconds between each note, level 3/4 giving 1 second, and level 5 giving half a second (times pending).

Now, the final room is what's kept me from finishing the new Eientei, as I've been trying to come up with an idea for a while now (a good half a week to week actually). I MAY have one though, based on Paper Mario, where you enter the room and pick up the key, but the door locks on you. You have to either:

A) Put the key back to open the door. Obviously not the right solution as you need the key, or

B) Give up items to open the door.

Basically, there's 3 pillars, and each will ask you to give up specific items and in specific amounts. For instance, the first pillar would ask something like "Sacrifice P x25/Lapis x10/Potion Berry x3/F x1?", then you choose whichever one you want to do and it'll remove that amount from your inventory. If the player doesn't have enough of any given items asked, they can pick up the items they already put down, put the key back, and then leave the room to get the required items. Once the player leaves the room with the key, they can never go back into the room to reclaim the items.

So yeah! That's how new Eientei is looking thus far! What do you guys think of the final puzzle? It's not much of a puzzle but...^^;;

« Reply #273 on: May 02, 2014, 05:03:50 AM »
I am interested in this, and I have been following it ever since last year. I wanted to play it when it's complete, and I am rooting for you in this game. Also, it might be helpful for users if you update the very first post with latest updates so they would easily can tell what's the files to be downloaded. Good work and great job! I'll never stop watching the progress of this game.

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #274 on: May 14, 2014, 03:01:20 AM »
So to share everything I've done thus far, here's what's up! First up, the five puzzle rooms:

Battle Room:

Hidden Passageway Room:

Item Sacrifice Room:

Moving Floor Room:

Sound Room:

In addition, Eientei now has a couple galleries similar to SDM! One has items that the player can take, and the other is just cameo appearances with dialogue from the characters (which I plan on implementing in the SDM version too...just waiting until later though). See if you can spot the cameos!

Getting closer and closer to finishing this dungeon. Though now I feel like I should revamp OTHER dungeons before releasing this patch. Ugh...>_< Wish I had more help on mapping to make this faster, or even more people to brainstorm with. That's my main issue right now is I just can't think of a good way to handle most of these new designs. It's kinda sad in a way. @_@;

« Reply #275 on: May 15, 2014, 05:53:49 PM »
I think you should release a new patch once you finish revamping Eientei. Unless I missed a patch release, the latest one is from August, and a lot of the beta1 dungeons have had a change since then right? What better way to get people to share ideas with you than to let them experience the new and improved start of the game (which, until now, has given a falsely negative view of the game)?

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #276 on: May 15, 2014, 08:10:49 PM »
Mmm...I suppose I could release the patch after this, since this will be all of the beta1 dungeons revamped and remastered. Only Human Village will have been not changed at all out of all of the beta1 stuff (and there's things from beta2-4 that's also been changed too). Having people beta test the new stuff right now would be nice too...

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #277 on: May 16, 2014, 09:26:15 PM »
Ok, so since I FINALLY finished Eientei (thank gods...) for the first visit, and while I'm waiting for someone to fix up the events for something later in the game before I release this massive patch, I am thinking of adding in a new area to the game where the player can get information on their characters, equipment, abilities, etc.. Originally, I wanted to have it so that the item you get from this shop (which for now will teleport the player to the shop instead of what it was going to be used for, which was to be like the Book of Combat (I forgot who gave me that now...)) would do this instead but...I don't know how to handle this.

Basically, the book was to be a glossary of something like say...

Characters
**Reimu Hakurei
***Bio/Elemental Resistances/Status Resistances/Secondary Command(s) data/Ability data (for skills)
Locations
Items
Weapons
Shields
Armor
Helmet
Accessories

The problem though is:

A) I am not sure how to handle this at all, especially given that not all abilities will be available to the player, and the shop could easily give away what abilities do (though I guess that's not too big of an issue I guess).
B) If I were to have the book do this, it's even more perplexing to me than if I were to do it via the shop, as I don't know how I'd avoid spoilers for characters not yet obtained...

So yeah, if anyone can help, that'd be swell! These are the prototype screens for said glossary thing (for the characters at least). Some statuses are no longer there at all (Charm is completely gone, and Amnesia got merged with Blind. Other statuses may not be here either).

So yeah! Would there be anyone interested in helping a bro out with this? There's a lot of stuff that needs done, and I'd love to do this for the player so they can actually know exactly what everything does without having to have the ReadMe file open all the time. >_<

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #278 on: May 19, 2014, 09:59:11 PM »
Newest update patch for Touhou Fantasy is here after 5 months of no patches! Here's what's new!

*All beta1 dungeons have been completely revamped, with the exception of the Human Village. In addition, some beta2-4 dungeons have been changed as well. These are as follows:

**Kourindou: Map has been severely overhauled.
**Hakurei Shrine Map has been severely overhauled and reduced in size.
**Misty Lake: Map has been severely overhauled. Now introduces various elements to the game that the player must pay attention to in the environment, such as where to cross over hidden areas or to jump over rocks.
**Scarlet Devil Mansion: Map has been severely overhauled. Many new rooms added, many new items, a sidequest (after getting Marisa back), and much smaller maps.
**Bamboo Forest: Map overhauled and now only 2 screens big. No more instant death pitfalls or sign mazes.
**Eientei: Map completely overhauled. All of the old aspects of Eientei bar the trap door segment has been completely changed. No more instant death pits, instant death bombs, quizzes, or door mazes.
**Winter Forest: Map has been overhauled.
**Hakugyokurou: The garden has been resized and overhauled.
**Poltergeist Mansion: Maps have been overhauled bar the basement areas.
**Forest of Magic: Map has been slightly overhauled.
**Remains of Hell: Maps have been overhauled bar Ancient City, Blazing Fires of Hell, and Chireiden.
**Road of Reconsideration: Map completely revamped, and now a hidden treasure added. In addition, once the player has finished Road of Reconsideration at least once, they can skip the dungeon straight to Court of Hell.

*Many bugfixes have been done. Whether or not HRCS/party swap will be buggy is left unknown at the current time (one of the few things I haven't gotten around to testing, so if you find that you cannot add/remove party members properly, do let me know so I can fix it immediately).

Version 1.119: http://www.mediafire.com/download/hxhtc5k9pez572l/Touhou_Fantasy_Update_Patch_1.119.rar

« Reply #279 on: May 21, 2014, 05:19:21 PM »
Seems like my old save files are on my old PC, and since I was too lazy to dig them out of there I started a new game.
And got stuck on the 3rd map of Misty Lake...
The starting position to the 3rd map doesn't seem to be in the right place, since it puts you on the left side cliff with no way to go, not even backwards. I did manage to go around the Hard path side and make a circle to the Easy path, coming from that direction there are no issues. Thought you might want to fix that. :)
Oh and another thing: what's that super annoying *click* sound that plays just before any song starts? I'm fairly sure it wasn't there the last time I played this game. Or is it just my PC not liking something about the game's audio?

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #280 on: May 21, 2014, 07:39:24 PM »
Zzzz...I don't even know how that one happened (there's another one in SDM where it teleports you into a wall). Fixed both of those, and had to fix one more thing in Eientei where you needed all 5 keys (for some reason, I never made it so that you had to have all the keys in order to enter the final area...).

Map Fix Patch for 1.119: http://www.mediafire.com/download/fpbwhjs3cqpr024/Touhou_Fantasy_1.119_Map_Fix_Patch.rar

Do let me know if there are any other errors...

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #281 on: May 23, 2014, 07:12:17 AM »
Alright, so I need help figuring out what to do with the following:

1) Double EXP: Well, technically I can make the EXP rate any value I want form 0% to whatever %. So here's the question: If put into the game, should it be an effect of an ability (and by who)? Or should it be someone's battle passive? Or equipment exclusive?

2) Double Item Drop: Same dealio here as with Double EXP, can make the item drop any amount I want. Again, ability or character battle passive?

3) Sell-High: Enables the party to sell items at a lower/higher price. Again, adjustable like the others. Overworld passive for who?? Or equipment ability exclusive?

4) Haggle: Enables the party to buy items at lower/higher prices. Same dealio as before.

So that's the main thing right now in terms of abilities. In addition, I am HEAVILY thinking of making Marisa's and Yuuka's Master Sparks (as well as Marisa's Dragon Meteor, Final Spark, and Harvest Master Spark) be AoE. Yes...that would mean they'd get buffed considerably alone from that. Not sure on that though...so there's everything thus far that I need to figure out. Yes yes, don't worry...beta5 will happen someday. Ironing out the current beta is kinda important too! I am heavily thinking of redoing Eientei's 2nd visit right now, but it's not imperative at the current time. Same with Human Village and Chireiden, but all three will eventually be revamped.

Now the question here! Should I revamp the other dungeons/areas that could use them? Or should I continue work on beta5??

Characters missing battle passives:[/IT]

Spoiler:
Yumemi
Suwako
Keine
Alice

Characters missing overworld passives:

Spoiler:
Aya (Sight is queued but not implemented)
Momiji (Awareness is queued but not implemented)
Youmu (Vantage is queued but not implemented)
Advent Cirno
Byakuren
Hope
Remilia
Meiling
Keine
Utsuho
Koishi
Nue
Rinnosuke

« Reply #282 on: May 23, 2014, 08:43:32 AM »
I think
Spoiler:
Keine
could have Double EXP / Double Item and Sell-High / Haggle as her passives, since her abilities have a lot to do with math. It fits, right? I'd put the battle passive to come from an accessory that considerably lowers her stats, to tone down the huge boost to EXP / drop rates. This way she could also have both the battle passives available. The overworld passives should be on all the time. Would it be possible to scale the percentage with character level, higher levels giving better prices?
As for more revamping, I suggest working on beta5 first and wait for player feedback on how much the other maps need changing. Not every map has to be a creative work of art. :)

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #283 on: May 23, 2014, 08:46:53 AM »
I'd honestly like to keep it to one battle passive per character, to give them all uses. You are right that those would fit her since she's the Arithmetician of the game. But only one for each so far. The increase can come from any character-specific piece of equipment like most others do. She already has a battle passive, so to speak (or maybe it's an overworld passive? I forget) that is Distribute EXP, where those that aren't in the party at the time gain 10% of the EXP gained from battles (+5% per level up to 20% I think?). It's listed in the ReadMe in her character section.

« Reply #284 on: May 23, 2014, 04:26:08 PM »
The map in Misty Lake didn't get fixed in that last patch, I still ended up on the left cliff. I explored most of SDM and didn't get stuck anywhere, so either you fixed that one or I didn't come across it.

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #285 on: May 23, 2014, 08:00:47 PM »
Hurrr....I didn't see the OTHER one that wasn't fixed. Wth?? Why did these teleport to the wrong spots? Oh well, I'll upload this patch in a few...

http://www.mediafire.com/download/j7ncx73c4fyvurd/Touhou_Fantasy_1.119_Map_Fix_Patch.rar

Because teleport events still weren't fixed on left path for Misty Lake for some reason...
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 08:07:02 PM by Xenomic »

« Reply #286 on: May 24, 2014, 07:51:34 AM »
Okay got another faulty teleport to a map: first Kourindou event visit, the characters seem to end up in the trees to the right of the entrance (that's where some of the effects supposedly above the characters appear anyway).

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #287 on: May 24, 2014, 08:03:26 AM »
http://www.mediafire.com/download/js7c0d92gsr5t47/Touhou_Fantasy_1.119_Map_Fix_Patch.rar

That'll fix that...man, how are all these bad teleport events happening?! Blah...whatever, do let me know if there's any other bad teleport events. Maybe I didn't check these as well as I should've... >_>;;

« Reply #288 on: May 24, 2014, 11:34:32 AM »
*sigh* Got another one for you: east side of SDM, entering a treasure chest room with a save circle and an umbrella.

EDIT: and another one: take a right at the start and first room down.

EDIT2: aaaand another one: kitchen(?) on the right side of SDM. Entry is to the right on a long narrow corridor. Are the rooms somehow different now that there's the event active (with the keys)? I think I entered these rooms without problems during my first visit to this place.

EDIT3: Since the SDM content seems rather buggy right now I'll ask this before I spend more time wandering in there: is Flandre's room still in the basement? I found the key there and a door I couldn't interact with. There were lots of locked doors in the main mansion halls, but that one door is bothering me...
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 04:17:18 PM by Kaitani »

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #289 on: May 24, 2014, 08:18:50 PM »
http://www.mediafire.com/download/2251o0vw8dercy2/Touhou_Fantasy_1.119_Map_Fix_Patch.rar

Twould appear that there were a looooooooooot of errors in teleport events in SDM. Several were left over coding from when the fairy maids used switches to go away and come back (solved by simply using Erase Event), and me never removing the second pages from teleport events, thus causing some issues. In addition to that, Remilia's Room never went to Remilia's Room and instead went to the hidden room (which you can't even get into Remilia's Room until after getting Marisa back) and you couldn't even access the second floor back hallway at all due to no teleport events. In addition, Flandre's Room couldn't be accessed by touching the door with the key...you had to use the Action button to interact with it (now fixed). Just a big mess and I don't know how it happened...probably working on it late at night or something. *Sigh*

Do let me know if there's any other events that don't work right.

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #290 on: May 25, 2014, 02:12:14 AM »
http://www.mediafire.com/download/p7eiwpvsmhalic2/Touhou_Fantasy_1.119_Map_Fix_Patch.rar

There! Tested everything myself. Everything should be working fine finally >_>;;

« Reply #291 on: May 25, 2014, 07:44:20 AM »
Well it looks like you missed atleast one more: after the fight and event in Flandre's room, the party ends up inside the wall...

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #292 on: May 25, 2014, 07:55:50 AM »
At this point, just no words. I somehow overlooked one event, ONE EVENT, that teleports you into a wall in SDM. It was a teleport event, but it was part of a script with dialogue, which I previously checked in SDM in ALL other areas I suppose. *Sigh* I'm really sorry about all of these constant posting guys, I really am...

http://www.mediafire.com/download/po6849rp9p9bpxi/Touhou_Fantasy_Update_Patch_1.119.rar

EDIT - Changed the link to include the map fix patch with the full game due to forgetting to include the dynloader.dll with the game. Gods...I frustrate myself so much...

EDIT #2: Reuploaded due to strange bug in intro with Kourindou event...
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 09:19:33 AM by Xenomic »

« Reply #293 on: May 25, 2014, 08:43:08 AM »
Well atleast you're fixing the problems quickly. :)
I must say, the revamped SDM does look a lot nicer, the warmer colours and added decorations make a big difference.

« Reply #294 on: May 25, 2014, 08:36:40 PM »
I've almost made it to Eientei now, no buggy teleport events so far.  :V
One thing I was wondering about that I can't really remember how it works anymore is character stats relation to damage. Did increasing Attack/Defense actually change incoming/outgoing damage that much? Is Magic just magic attack or also defense, and how much does it matter? Also, does a character only ever use either Attack or Magic for skill damage (Meiling's Rainbow Wind Chime strikes me as magical)?
Somewhat related, how do you know whether an elemental attack is physical or magical? I was attacking an enemy that was immune to (wind) magic by Patchouli, but Cirno's wind elemental summon was doing normal damage, as were Meiling's earth elemental skills. Just by looking at the skill descriptions I cannot tell the difference, since they are more or less identical.

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #295 on: May 25, 2014, 08:43:51 PM »
For every 4 points of attack a character has, that increases the damage/healing of skills and whatnot by +1 damage/healing.
For every 8 points of magic a character has, that increases the damage/healing of skills and whatnot by +1 damage/healing.

The stats in 2k3 are pretty awful all things considered. Magic is used for both Magic Attack and Magic Defense. When calculating for skills, the characters will use the skills associated with the ability (for instance, Meiling uses the Magic stat for Rainbow Wind Chime).

Which enemy is this? It could be that the enemy is outright immune to magic, but not to physicals. Forget if Cirno's summons count as Magic at all too.

« Reply #296 on: May 26, 2014, 04:01:34 AM »
The enemy I was talking about was the Patchy robot or whatever it's called, which I know is immune to all magic. Perhaps you should go through the skill descriptions and clarify which skills are magic based and which are physical? Considering there are probably a lot of characters that effectively have both type of skills in their arsenal.

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #297 on: May 26, 2014, 04:49:08 AM »
Problem is, I don't have enough space in the description to list what's physical/magical in nature so...but yeah, Patchbots are immune to magic. And from looking at Cirno's Summons, they aren't Magic-elemental, but ARE Magic-based (in other words, they all derive from her Magic stat and the Magic stat in general, but don't have the Magic attribute tag). That's what's going on there. If it actually IS Magic-attributed, description should say so I'd imagine.

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #298 on: May 27, 2014, 06:40:30 AM »
Quite some time ago, I was doing some Character Analysis on characters in order of appearance (Reimu, Marisa, and Cirno were the only ones to ever get these done for them). I am quite curious if you guys would be interested in me redoing that and posting my thoughts on each character?

« Reply #299 on: May 28, 2014, 03:52:30 PM »
You could do that evaluation on one of the readme files, make it sort of like an user's manual.

Could I ask you to check if the trap door puzzle in Eientei is working as intended? And if it is, explain how it works? I killed two dozen of the trap doors in a row without any sign of progress, and despite the steady flow of 1-ups as drops it's starting to get tedious.