Author Topic: Touhou Perfect Lunatic clears  (Read 57229 times)

Re: Touhou Perfect Lunatic clears
« Reply #150 on: August 06, 2013, 06:43:03 AM »
Regarding the SA MariB run...

- I pretty much agree with Wriggle on skipping spellcards not being much different from safe-spotting them
- He skipped from the first nonspell. Completely stalling both nons leaves 14-15 seconds of popcorn, as opposed to the 30 seconds in this run, and the second non is fairly easy to time-out (however little importance this may have, considering MariB has arguably the easiest time with the popcorn)
- On top of that, if the "time-out" clause was to be fully enforced, the run would be disqualified from stage 3, since he timed-out Yuugi's second non, even if it was for score
- MoF+ games disregard captures, misses, etc. because in those games clearing resources and spell bonuses are outweighed by PIV most of the time (really, I could be wrong, but I think lives in MoF are more important because of the penalty of losing them than the bonus of keeping them), so I don't really think it counts

If this guy can properly score under the NMNB condition, he obviously knows what he's doing and is more than likely able to cap Catwalk, so he most likely skipped the spell because he didn't consider it worth risking late-game (even if he did go for it and capped it, there's still plenty of stuff that can end the run)

Things I've done (and maybe will improve):
SA L6MNB | SA Lunatic 3b Scorerun | MoF LNB | PCB LNB |DDC LNB

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #151 on: August 06, 2013, 08:03:08 AM »
That reminds me-- it's possible that timing out that nonspell was actually done deliberately for score (as Normal and Hard scoreruns usually do). The popcorn fairies drop a lot of star items, which give a decent PIV boost if you don't die after collecting them, possibly for more points overall than a spell bonus and a few point items.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 08:05:48 AM by Karisa »

Mino ☆

• PCB player.
  • Touhou Hobbyist
« Reply #152 on: August 06, 2013, 01:03:22 PM »
- On top of that, if the "time-out" clause was to be fully enforced, the run would be disqualified from stage 3, since he timed-out Yuugi's second non, even if it was for score

His run would have still been valid, because it was only a nonspell. He wouldn't have missed any spell bonuses. It isn't much of a "timeout" clause, as it is a "spellcard failed" clause.

« Reply #153 on: August 06, 2013, 02:52:24 PM »
Just a bit of a hypothetical and silly thing but what if, hypothetically, someone made a NMNB run of UFO... while pacifying every spell in it. (yeah i know)

Would it be discounted for failing spells too?  :V

Mino ☆

• PCB player.
  • Touhou Hobbyist
« Reply #154 on: August 06, 2013, 03:02:38 PM »
Just a bit of a hypothetical and silly thing but what if, hypothetically, someone made a NMNB run of UFO... while pacifying every spell in it. (yeah i know)

Would it be discounted for failing spells too?  :V

It would be a very impressive run, especially on Byakuren's spells. But it wouldn't be a ☯♥♡PERFECT♡♥☯ run!  :V
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 03:07:49 PM by Minogame »

« Reply #155 on: August 06, 2013, 03:09:07 PM »
Well, a pacifist challenge is a different thing because you'll inevitably to fail the spells. :V

Well, let's make a silly voting thing or else this won't get anywhere :V :

(1) - Stay as it currently is.
(2) - Skipped spells won't count as failed and his replay will go up the the perfects.
(3) - Remove the full-spellcard-capture requirement except for IN Last Spells.

Let's get started!

EDIT:
☯♥♡PERFECT♡♥☯

Just in case you decide to edit your post. :V
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 03:17:04 PM by Wriggle »

« Reply #156 on: August 06, 2013, 03:15:25 PM »
I vote 3.

Please edit your typo.

« Reply #157 on: August 06, 2013, 06:55:06 PM »
3 seems to be the way to go

Things I've done (and maybe will improve):
SA L6MNB | SA Lunatic 3b Scorerun | MoF LNB | PCB LNB |DDC LNB

« Reply #158 on: August 06, 2013, 07:09:14 PM »
3, since any LNMNB deserves a spot in this list.

« Reply #159 on: August 06, 2013, 07:10:53 PM »
3 seems good. Since if you time out a spellcard successfully you still dodged everything. Except IN last spells if you "got hit".

I really like the ones that have scoring btw.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 07:15:12 PM by Star King »

Zil

« Reply #160 on: August 06, 2013, 07:21:39 PM »
I'll say 3 as well.

« Reply #161 on: August 06, 2013, 07:29:55 PM »
Okay, I removed the full-spellcard requirement except for IN's Last Spells. :3

That means, more room for ☯♥♡PERFECT♡♥☯ runs!  :V

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #162 on: August 06, 2013, 07:31:39 PM »
I recommend that you keep no timeouts (except survival cards obviously) as the default, but include the runs anyway with a note, like you did with the UFO scorerun.

« Reply #163 on: August 06, 2013, 07:44:25 PM »
Seems good. I don't think the lack of Catwalk would turn anyone off of watching the run given the shottype and the good score. :derp:

ASL's run however would already be obscured by both the Youmu run and the Reimu run with the highest score, though it has got its deserved place. :)

Mino ☆

• PCB player.
  • Touhou Hobbyist
« Reply #164 on: August 06, 2013, 09:14:36 PM »
Now if only some of us westerners could get some ☯♥♡PERFECT♡♥☯ runs!

It's so hard. :ohdear:

But I won't give up.

Nindella

• That cat!
  • Nyaaa...
    • Youtube Page!
« Reply #165 on: August 08, 2013, 11:44:51 PM »
Okay, I watched the SA MarisaB run more calmly, and now I get what Mino said. The run's impressiveness made me rethinking about the "fullcap policy" I've been annoyingly keeping, and there's a few points that could possibly support this case or similar ones:

-He didn't explicitly fail the spellcard since the didn't fight it at all, which is somewhat similar to safespotting a spell, which is common for BoWaP on the perfect runs.
-The popcorn spam can be as hard or harder than Catwalk, in an overall view (pretty much only MarisaB or ReimuC would trivialize it, or very maybe ReimuA).
-MoF+ games doesn't seem to  track, or take spellcard captures too seriously given there isn't the statistics screen after the run anymore, but that also goes to other stuff like misses or bombs so idk if this counts.
-One exception like this wouldn't be really a problem for other games since the only other tough-enough-worth-skipping-the-spellcard is Stage 5 Nazrin, but timing out the nonspell won't skip Greatest Treasure.

Discuss.

Bloody awesome!  :o

えなめる did pretty much what I hoped to do with MarisaB (and a ton more!), although I decided to go with ReimuA as I too would skip Catwalk were I to use MarisaB  :derp: (and I want to NMNB with all spells captured  :3).

MarisaB and ReimuC (and MarisaA too!) have a pretty easy time with the Popcorn section compared to ReimuA, B or MarisaC.  It's significantly easier/less of a risk/gamble than Catwalk once you know what to do!  :D

I don't think it's quite right to having safespotting BoWaP on the same level as skipping Catwalk, BoWaP is memorisable, but doing it legit increases the time you spend on it (portions of your shot miss Satori more frequently compared to the safespot where your shot can constantly hit her fully) and you miss out on a ton of juicy graze!  :ohdear:

I think it would be best to include all SA NMNBs, but also add as a note how many spellcards they captured (or pretty much what you've done already! haha~)

Youtube Channel!
Please check it out for Touhou commentaries, LPs, piano transcriptions and more!
My Touhou replays!

Exxelent_

• The worst of the worst.
« Reply #166 on: August 09, 2013, 12:50:42 AM »
and you miss out on a ton of juicy graze!  :ohdear:

Truly the greatest casualty.

« Reply #167 on: August 09, 2013, 02:22:33 AM »
Bloody awesome!  :o

えなめる did pretty much what I hoped to do with MarisaB (and a ton more!), although I decided to go with ReimuA as I too would skip Catwalk were I to use MarisaB  :derp: (and I want to NMNB with all spells captured  :3).

MarisaB and ReimuC (and MarisaA too!) have a pretty easy time with the Popcorn section compared to ReimuA, B or MarisaC.  It's significantly easier/less of a risk/gamble than Catwalk once you know what to do!  :D

I don't think it's quite right to having safespotting BoWaP on the same level as skipping Catwalk, BoWaP is memorisable, but doing it legit increases the time you spend on it (portions of your shot miss Satori more frequently compared to the safespot where your shot can constantly hit her fully) and you miss out on a ton of juicy graze!  :ohdear:

I think it would be best to include all SA NMNBs, but also add as a note how many spellcards they captured (or pretty much what you've done already! haha~)

Haha, the issue has been fixed already. And yeah BoWaP is pretty trivial once you learn it and improves your pattern-reading skill (it's even way easier to read than Kanako's opener). And I dunno if there's any other LNMNB around. :derp:

Oh and I looking forward adding yours on the list! :D

« Reply #168 on: August 25, 2013, 03:00:57 AM »
ADDED NINDEL'S SA LNMNB. BOW BEFORE OUR WESTERN SUPERPLAYER

EDIT: added ASL's L1MNB DDC to close-calls section.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 03:40:15 AM by Wriggle »

chum

« Reply #169 on: September 01, 2013, 03:14:15 PM »

« Reply #170 on: September 01, 2013, 05:28:59 PM »
Nice! Will add once I get to my lappy. :3

EDIT: uh, he died to to Nitori's 2nd spell. But I checked out his replay uploader and looks like he has 2 (maybe 3) LNNs, and since both are done with ReimuB, I just added the most recent one as it had a better score.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 08:31:07 PM by Wriggle »

chum

« Reply #171 on: September 21, 2013, 02:35:43 AM »

« Reply #172 on: September 21, 2013, 03:32:39 PM »
Added. :3

« Reply #173 on: September 28, 2013, 10:46:10 PM »
Yo Wriggle darling, you need to add this right away.

http://score.royalflare.net/th10/replay10/th10_ud17b0.rpy - MoF ReimuA Lunatic No-miss no bomb - 1,575,430,460 points. player is Y.S

« Reply #174 on: September 29, 2013, 04:21:34 PM »
Added it~ :3

Added Mino's PCB LNMNB1BB to the close calls as well!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 07:09:49 PM by Wriggle »

Ranko Hoshino

• ゆっくりしていってね!!!
  • Take it easy!
    • Ranko's Gaming Blog
« Reply #175 on: September 29, 2013, 08:00:31 PM »
Here's my recording of the Y.S's MoF Reimu A run :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT3fI7i1DDw
Currently needing to do more Touhou stuff
My Touhou Replays
IN Yukari Spell Practice: 218/222
Chat with me, maybe?: https://discord.gg/0bbmWG5ankaeyTzH

« Reply #176 on: September 29, 2013, 08:13:16 PM »
Nice, thanks. :3

Chuckolator

• ex-perfecter, good times
« Reply #177 on: September 30, 2013, 01:09:41 AM »
I approve of this topic

that is all
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 01:11:19 AM by Seiga Kaku »
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.
Best perfects so far include UFO 6, MoF 4 and IN 6A.

formerly known as Seiga Kaku

Mino ☆

• PCB player.
  • Touhou Hobbyist
« Reply #178 on: October 01, 2013, 03:35:36 AM »
にしゅびー - SakuyaA - 746,533,160 - Replay

The world's first DDC LNMNB. Even if it is just SakuyaA abuse. It's still technically legal... I guess.

« Reply #179 on: October 01, 2013, 03:57:12 AM »
Oh nice. I thought ASL would be thee first. :V

And yeah totally legal. It's not even a glitch, just damage trick (like Malice/MoF_MarisaC/DDC_ReimuA focus-mash).