Author Topic: Pocket Monsters 6th Gen (Dimensions) - Less than a week till release  (Read 193601 times)

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
Re: Pocket Monsters 6th Gen (Dimensions) - X and Y versions announcement
« Reply #150 on: March 03, 2013, 07:35:46 PM »
As long as the Fire starter is NOT Fire/Fighting, I think we can call it a step in the right direction at least.  Here's hoping.
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #151 on: March 03, 2013, 09:19:00 PM »
wasn't it already pretty much confirmed that the final forms of the starters would be grass/dark, fire/psychic, and water/fighting

No, if anything the design of the water-type starter means we will not be seeing Water/Fighting. Why would a Scholar-Frog become Water/Fighting? Grass/Fighting [Looks like it could become a fighting-type], Water/Psychic  [Scholartoad] and Fire/Dark [Kitsune] are more likely, and exemplify the triangle, when usually the water starter can just grab Ice Beam later and kill both starters.

If it's a Triangle and an Inverse Triangle, it'll become like Gen 4 where the starters are just 1 > 2 > 3. [Infernape would beat both Torterra and Empoleon with Flare Blitz and Close Combat]

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Red Frost

• "Nee-san, is that you?"
  • "I can't tell from down here."
« Reply #152 on: April 07, 2013, 09:38:04 AM »
Apparently we have to protect the Dragon Balls in the new game.

I was really hoping for a Gen 6 reveal instead...  Oh well, back to White 2 for me.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #153 on: April 07, 2013, 02:33:49 PM »
For fucks's sake.

Stop making formes.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #154 on: April 07, 2013, 02:40:45 PM »
For fucks's sake.

Stop making formes.

They are running out of ideas... :V

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #155 on: April 07, 2013, 04:17:33 PM »
It kind of makes sense considering the theme of the games seems to be genetics but...

Overall, I'm not entirely sure how I feel about it.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #156 on: April 07, 2013, 11:25:21 PM »
I'm more interested in the fact that a new Eeveelution confirms that this isn't gonna be like B/W where they do nothing but shove Gen 6 down your throat, and give hope for those Luvdiscs and Farfetch'ds and Pinsirs.
Hey man, I liked that aspect of Gen V, it was a nice throwback to how the original Pokemon games played. I honestly prefer to not have the same 20 pokemon popping up in every single game (Zubat, Pikachu, Magikarp, etc)

sure smells like nostalgia goggles/ anti-hype / pokepurist in here
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 11:27:02 PM by NekoNekoRex »
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Ikari

• I'm just so charismatic
  • It's turning into derp
« Reply #157 on: April 07, 2013, 11:31:28 PM »
I played pretty much every pokemon games ever, and I seriously don't mind the new Generations bringing a bunch of whacky new pokemons.

Not only do I agree with NekoNekoRex (Not the same damn things again and again), but it also messes up my type memorization. If we kept the same pokemons all the time, I'd just, y'know, use the same move over and over again on what I know will be murdered by said move. Now I can play the fun guessing game of what type my enemy is. It's silly, but it keeps me entertained when I stumble on random encounters.

Also Audinos are the greatest thing ever. When dead, obviously.

« Reply #158 on: April 08, 2013, 03:12:31 AM »
I'm hoping to hear more about the new Mewtwo lookalike Pok?mon. One thing I liked about Generation V was that it added in a whole batch of new faces. Instead of seeing the same Zubat and Magikarp, it added a lot more to variety. What also made me like BW: TMs don't expire after use. That was a godsend last generation.

The starters this generation don't seem to be that bad. Hopefully, their evolutions are revealed within the next couple months or so. Then I can make a good judgement call on who'll be my starter.

Ikari

• I'm just so charismatic
  • It's turning into derp
« Reply #159 on: April 08, 2013, 05:00:30 AM »
What also made me like BW: TMs don't expire after use. That was a godsend last generation.

Yes.

Dear god yes.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #160 on: April 08, 2013, 05:31:59 AM »
sure smells like nostalgia goggles/ anti-hype / pokepurist in here

No, I am against thematically cool and nice Pokemon like Farfetch'd and Dunsparce remaining either piss-poor weak and useless (in the case of Farfetch'd) or forever gimmick and novelty and never actually competitively viable on a consistent basis (in the case of Dunsparce).

I'm hoping to hear more about the new Mewtwo lookalike Pok?mon.

I hear it's the Eclair forme.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #161 on: April 08, 2013, 06:35:44 AM »
Gen V didn't add variety any less than the past generations, really. It just forced you to use the new ones, how nice.

What angers me about formes is that it was a cool and fitting concept at first (Deoxys) but now it's just a way of adding more events and noise.

I've been mulling over the idea, and I think I'd appreciate a reset at this point, a-la Ruby/Sapphire. The game is way too versatile and virtually nothing can be added, and we know that they'll add things anyway until we choke.

Zerviscos

• Infinite Bread Chewing Powers! Activate!
  • Om nom nom nom nom nom*
« Reply #162 on: April 08, 2013, 07:51:40 AM »
Whoa whoa whoa! What's this thing about a mewthree?

Twitter | Steam | Battle.net[Zerviscos#1833]

« Reply #163 on: April 08, 2013, 10:47:15 AM »
Edit: I feel stupid and should've read a few posts up.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 10:49:51 AM by Frog »

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #164 on: April 08, 2013, 03:33:36 PM »
Gen V didn't add variety any less than the past generations, really. It just forced you to use the new ones, how nice.

What angers me about formes is that it was a cool and fitting concept at first (Deoxys) but now it's just a way of adding more events and noise.

I've been mulling over the idea, and I think I'd appreciate a reset at this point, a-la Ruby/Sapphire. The game is way too versatile and virtually nothing can be added, and we know that they'll add things anyway until we choke.
What? I beg to differ, Gen V was the reset. They took out all the hold items, stones had one evolution each plus iirc most of the stones weren't used, location-based evolutions weren't used, formes were moveset based or for that one guy with the DW ability, all the Pokegear was removed, the list goes on.
The only new features were more Wifi connectivity and that hardly affected the game. I never even got to use Dream World because I have a DS Lite and Wifi hotspots for those just plain don't exist any more, I got through the game fine.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #165 on: April 08, 2013, 03:36:15 PM »
What? I beg to differ, Gen V was the reset. They took out all the hold items,

I'm not sure where you got the idea that "they took out all the hold items," as a good chunk of the relevant hold items are pretty easy to procure.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #166 on: April 08, 2013, 03:37:57 PM »
Meant the new pokemon don't use them, they were there to be available post-game

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #167 on: April 08, 2013, 03:47:03 PM »
I'm more referring to the fact that everything is available to everything at this point and there's a big & ugly power creep. Eventually the original generations will all but fade away.

...Actually I don't know what I'm saying here considering a "reset" means starting from scratch.

I don't know what point I'm trying to make.

« Reply #168 on: April 12, 2013, 12:36:38 AM »
Oh, why hadn't I seen this thread before? :V

Well, I like Gen VI so far, except Xerneas. Flandre should feel bad for him. Mewbuu is okay, although I'd prefer they revealed Syl's type before making such... "surprise". And I'm glad it's a new pok? and not a forme, because these are getting out of hand.

(Fennekin :* )

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #169 on: April 12, 2013, 01:03:41 AM »
Eventually the original generations will all but fade away.

I somehow doubt that. There will always be genwunners after all.  :qq:

Well, I like Gen VI so far, except Xerneas. Flandre should feel bad for him.

Are you kidding? Xerneas is badass. Better than Yveltal :V

« Reply #170 on: April 13, 2013, 07:14:32 AM »
So it's been confirmed the new mon is in fact a new form of Mewtwo.
Quoth Serebii, "(CoroCoro) confirms that it replaces Mewtwo on the movie poster and confirms that it is in fact a new form of Mewtwo, with the poster explanation stating that Mewtwo has awakened and become its new shape". Thoughts?  :munch:

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #171 on: April 13, 2013, 07:16:00 AM »
So it's been confirmed the new mon is in fact a new form of Mewtwo.
Quoth Serebii, "(CoroCoro) confirms that it replaces Mewtwo on the movie poster and confirms that it is in fact a new form of Mewtwo, with the poster explanation stating that Mewtwo has awakened and become its new shape". Thoughts?  :munch:

Well seeing the name of the movie that was obvious and anyone thinking otherwise was a fool...

Movie with Mewtwo in called 'Mewtwo's Awakening'

People were saying that was a completely new pokemon when it's Mewtwo with conjoined ears and his tail on the back of his head.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

« Reply #172 on: April 13, 2013, 04:24:59 PM »
Oh, so it's a new forme after all? Someone told me it was officially stated that it was a completely new Pok?mon, but it didn't check it myself... funny how Mewtwo only got a signature move 4 gens later, and a new forme 5 gens later. :V

Now I come back to wonder how they'll balance the stats, since Mewtwo already has a huge BST, they're more likely to rearrange it similarly to Shamin-S, who traded off defenses for atks and speed, but left HP untouched.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 04:31:27 PM by Wriggle »

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #173 on: April 13, 2013, 04:32:22 PM »
I don't know what they want to do, really. It's probably because Mewtwo was The Original Legendary so people wanted it back, but then you might ask why Ho-Oh / Lugia / Rayquaza / Arceus are basically left to rot, the answer to which probably being "cause first generation".

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #174 on: April 13, 2013, 04:36:19 PM »
I don't know what they want to do, really. It's probably because Mewtwo was The Original Legendary so people wanted it back, but then you might ask why Ho-Oh / Lugia / Rayquaza / Arceus are basically left to rot, the answer to which probably being "cause first generation".

rayquaza got v-create

that's something

« Reply #175 on: April 13, 2013, 04:51:45 PM »

rayquaza got v-create

that's something

Iirc it got V-create because it won some contest thing in Japan (the one Ditto was 2nd, but since Rayquaza didn't have a hidden ability which the contest was kinda for, they gave another thing instead). But the saddest thing is about Arceus. Why did the Hall of Origin event never happen? In gen 5 at least you can get a shiny, nickname and EV train the DW Arceus, but still, it's not the same thing. :/
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 04:57:34 PM by Wriggle »

Red Frost

• "Nee-san, is that you?"
  • "I can't tell from down here."
« Reply #176 on: May 12, 2013, 12:56:49 AM »
Good news, everyone!  New Pokemon.

Not much, but it'll tide me over.  I usually don't like the starting bird Pokemon, but this one's oddly cute.  And who doesn't love that smug, little, Panda-bastard?

We've also got a clear shot of the protagonists and it looks like we'll be able to edit their appearance somewhat.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #177 on: May 12, 2013, 01:38:28 AM »
Banned in china due to displaying fainting pandas

The Hating Hater

• What's the deal?
  • YO~!
« Reply #178 on: May 12, 2013, 01:57:48 AM »
Yamchan

Panda Pokemon

Naughty Pokemon

Face

:getdown:

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #179 on: May 12, 2013, 02:08:50 AM »
Yamchan

Panda Pokemon

Naughty Pokemon
Kinda makes me think of those commercials for Panda brand cheese.  Though I suppose that panda's less naughty and more psychotic.
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!