Author Topic: Pocket Monsters 6th Gen (Dimensions) - Less than a week till release  (Read 193455 times)

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
Re: Pocket Monsters 6th Gen (Dimensions) - X and Y versions announcement
« Reply #510 on: September 13, 2013, 03:14:55 PM »
I demand physical Hidden Power and special Intimidate or I call (further) special favoritism. :V
Natural Gift. :derp:

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #511 on: September 13, 2013, 03:42:19 PM »
I demand physical Hidden Power and special Intimidate or I call (further) special favoritism. :V

Come back and cry when there's a pokemon with 250 base HP and 105 base Def that can also use Evolite and has no weakness to common physical attacking types, which can cure it's own status and has reliable recovery.

Aka: Physical Chansey. No physical wall comes close to being Chansey or even Blissey in terms of taking special attacks.

And no, Special Fighting is not a common attacking type. Focus Miss is Focus Miss.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 03:45:25 PM by Raikaria »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #512 on: September 13, 2013, 04:40:00 PM »
Come back and cry when there's a pokemon with 250 base HP and 105 base Def that can also use Evolite and has no weakness to common physical attacking types, which can cure it's own status and has reliable recovery.

Aka: Physical Chansey. No physical wall comes close to being Chansey or even Blissey in terms of taking special attacks.

And no, Special Fighting is not a common attacking type. Focus Miss is Focus Miss.

Physical walls with Intimidate can come pretty close to Chansey's level of walling against the thing that they switch into, and they can usually set up or otherwise do things.

And Hidden Power Fighting is not a terrible option for Special Fighting. It probably won't kill Chansey very fast, but neither will Focus Blast most of the time. That's what surprise Focus Punch on your special sweepers is for. THUNDER WAVE NOW, CHANSEY. :derp:
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #513 on: September 13, 2013, 05:45:02 PM »
Physical walls with Intimidate can come pretty close to Chansey's level of walling against the thing that they switch into, and they can usually set up or otherwise do things.

And Hidden Power Fighting is not a terrible option for Special Fighting. It probably won't kill Chansey very fast, but neither will Focus Blast most of the time. That's what surprise Focus Punch on your special sweepers is for. THUNDER WAVE NOW, CHANSEY. :derp:

Most Special Sweepers aren't doing 50% to 252 Bold Evolite Chansey. And HP Fighting is outright laughable in most cases.

Also, if you look at the staple moves for each type, you'll find most types have stronger physical moves. Earthquake is 100 power, Surf is 95, Psychic is 90. You could argue Crunch is 80, but remember for 2 generations that was a special move, and Dark-type attacks tend to not have that much power in the first place [Dark Pulse is also 80 BP]
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 05:46:36 PM by Raikaria »

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #514 on: September 13, 2013, 06:00:29 PM »
Most Special Sweepers aren't doing 50% to 252 Bold Evolite Chansey. And HP Fighting is outright laughable in most cases.

Also, if you look at the staple moves for each type, you'll find most types have stronger physical moves. Earthquake is 100 power, Surf is 95, Psychic is 90. You could argue Crunch is 80, but remember for 2 generations that was a special move, and Dark-type attacks tend to not have that much power in the first place [Dark Pulse is also 80 BP]

Earthquake is also generally risky, since Ground immunities are more common than Water or Psychic immunities. Stone Edge is bad, and strong Fighting moves have drawbacks. Surf has higher base power than Waterfall (although no flinch chance). However, Psychic will probably be much riskier in generation six, because I'm predicting Dark STAB is going to get way more valuable. Neutral Sucker Punch against Steel types is cool. Skuntank for... something other than NU! Keep in mind too that there's no physical equivalent of Psyshock (unless there is and I forgot it).

HP Fighting isn't laughable in most cases, just against Chansey. I've played ghost sweepers, it's not laughable. Less than most Hidden Powers, anyway.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #515 on: September 14, 2013, 02:49:53 AM »
Stat-lowering moves are generally trash, this sounds like it could make them more viable.

Memento is legit.

More news at 11

More type changes:
-Grass-types are immune to powder and spore moves
-Electric-types cannot be paralyzed (as in, outside of Electric-type moves like Force Palm)
-Ghosts are immune to trapping moves

I'm surprised not much of a fuss here about this.

Also Force Palm is Fighting-type.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #516 on: September 14, 2013, 04:09:54 AM »
-Electric-types cannot be paralyzed (as in, outside of Electric-type moves like Force Palm)
And now everything is right in the world as there are more safe switch-ins on Spore and Togekiss is less annoying.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #517 on: September 14, 2013, 05:22:40 AM »
There isn't much of a fuss because they're good and minor changes. Also I assume the exception for Paralysis means that moves like Body Slam will still paralyze, like how it works for Ground-types.

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #518 on: September 14, 2013, 05:25:51 AM »
Apparently Electric types can simply not be paralyzed. Also now that I think about it, the other paraflinching user, Jirachi, now has a Dark and Ghost weakness.

Also did someone say Limber Stunfisk?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 05:37:39 AM by Noire »

Red Frost

• "Nee-san, is that you?"
  • "I can't tell from down here."
« Reply #519 on: September 14, 2013, 07:24:19 AM »
More type changes:
-Ghosts are immune to trapping moves

Apparently Electric types can simply not be paralyzed. Also now that I think about it, the other paraflinching user, Jirachi, now has a Dark and Ghost weakness.

Looking at these changes, I'm wondering what the chances of all floating/winged Pokemon getting a pseudo-Levitate ability are.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #520 on: September 14, 2013, 07:54:04 AM »
If they really want to fix the metagame they'll get rid of stealth cocks or at the very least make them crippling to Flying-types and levitators only. The goal was to cripple those pesky spike-immune critters, right? You can do it GF you can fix everything.

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
  • I am still here. Sometimes.
« Reply #521 on: September 14, 2013, 09:41:47 AM »
Also Force Palm is Fighting-type.
I brought it up because it is not Electric-type move. The way I presetened the quote was that even moves outside of Electric-types like Force Palm cannot paralyze Electric-type Pok?mon

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #522 on: September 14, 2013, 10:04:18 AM »
I brought it up because it is not Electric-type move. The way I presetened the quote was that even moves outside of Electric-types like Force Palm cannot paralyze Electric-type Pok?mon

You missed a comma in your sentence there so it is like you said "outside of Electric type moves like[such as] Force Palm" when you and I know that isn't the case. :V

There isn't much of a fuss because they're good and minor changes. Also I assume the exception for Paralysis means that moves like Body Slam will still paralyze, like how it works for Ground-types.

they're good but saying they're minor is kinda taking a shot in the dark IMO because it's too early to call a change like this minor or major since we don't know how popular types will become.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #523 on: September 14, 2013, 03:50:03 PM »

I have a shiny Limber Stunfisk. He's a-gonna be a star. :derp:

If they really want to fix the metagame they'll get rid of stealth cocks or at the very least make them crippling to Flying-types and levitators only. The goal was to cripple those pesky spike-immune critters, right? You can do it GF you can fix everything.

Time limit on entry hazards, they last for ten rounds after being spit out or something? Make Stealth Rock like Toxic Spikes, so switching in with a Rock type absorbs them? New ability that absorbs all hazards on switch? That would probably be Spikes and Toxic Spikes too weak since they would take several turns to get up and none to bring down, but fuck it, put it on some perennial NUs and artificially shake that metagame.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #524 on: September 14, 2013, 04:46:24 PM »

Eh, at least Stunfisk looks derpy enough to give that a pass. Rotom-Fan, on the other hand...

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #525 on: September 14, 2013, 04:47:42 PM »
Make Stealth Rock like Toxic Spikes, so switching in with a Rock type absorbs them?

That would be fucking magical.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #526 on: September 14, 2013, 04:57:55 PM »
Alternatively, just, you know... reduce the damage of SR or add more hazard removal moves in general. 1/8th HP is dumb. 1/4 is stupid, and 1/2 is just obscene.

Or hell, make it not hit stuff resisted and SE so everyone takes the same pain!

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #527 on: September 14, 2013, 06:01:46 PM »
I wouldn't mind Stealth Rock as much if its maximum damage was, in fact, 1/4 instead of 1/2. I think that's a fair enough nerf for it.

Paperblade

• Paragon
« Reply #528 on: September 14, 2013, 10:35:47 PM »
I hope there's a Mega Walrein and it looks more like Spheal

Goomba98

• Touhou ga daisuki!
« Reply #529 on: September 15, 2013, 09:32:15 PM »
Apparently they're calling EVs "base stats" now. I really hope they don't do this, the fandom has been calling them EVs for quite a while now and it could cause confusion when talking about a Pokemon's actual base stats.

Drake

« Reply #530 on: September 15, 2013, 10:06:16 PM »
Er the games have been calling them "base" ever since they were introduced.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #531 on: September 16, 2013, 03:18:46 AM »
Apparently they're calling EVs "base stats" now. I really hope they don't do this, the fandom has been calling them EVs for quite a while now and it could cause confusion when talking about a Pokemon's actual base stats.

Japanese call it 基礎 --> きそ--> base/foundation

As Drake said it's been like this since ever? The fandom call it EVs/努力値 to make things easier.

Teewee

• In the forest, lazing around...
  • ...building nothing but clay castles.
« Reply #532 on: September 16, 2013, 11:28:44 AM »
Then what do they call the other base stats, like Alakazam's 135 Sp.Atk?  ???

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #533 on: September 16, 2013, 04:10:05 PM »
Then what do they call the other base stats, like Alakazam's 135 Sp.Atk?  ???

種族値 "species value" is what I see used most often

MaStErSpArK94

« Reply #534 on: September 18, 2013, 12:48:16 PM »
New footage.

Among other things, the trailer shows us a new fairy-type move, じゃれつき ("Child's Play", according to Serebii) that Marill uses against Haxorus.

Also, nice Draco Meteor animation.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 12:52:36 PM by Magus Night »

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #535 on: September 18, 2013, 12:56:00 PM »
Among other things, the trailer shows us a new fairy-type move, "Child's Play" (じゃれつき) that Marill uses against Haxorus.
>marill kicking haxorus ass
it's like they're self-aware of how stupid this is

...because they put in sudowoodo with those new tree mons in the 5-on-1 i noticed they're likely to be his evolution or something, or at least they look really similar

and is that even more customization of the mcs i see? or was this already known?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #536 on: September 18, 2013, 01:11:13 PM »

...because they put in sudowoodo with those new tree mons in the 5-on-1 i noticed they're likely to be his evolution or something, or at least they look really similar

and is that even more customization of the mcs i see? or was this already known?

Actually Sudowoodo camouflages itself among trees so Sudowoodo being there makes perfect sense.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #537 on: September 18, 2013, 01:15:54 PM »
Actually Sudowoodo camouflages itself among trees so Sudowoodo being there makes perfect sense.

Agreed. I love that.

Not that Sudowoodo 2 or Mega Sudowoodo wouldn't be cool (Redwood Sudowoodo, who you can only see the bottom third of because he's so tall?), but showing up mixed in with groups of trees is Sudowoodo's job, so it doesn't necessarily mean anything that it's doing that.

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #538 on: September 18, 2013, 02:11:35 PM »

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over how loudly I'm saying 'it's about fucking time dragons got nerfed'.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #539 on: September 18, 2013, 02:15:42 PM »

will you please get over it?

it's a welcome and necessary addition to nerf many dominant types in gen5.