Author Topic: Mokou Quest 3: Homecoming  (Read 162873 times)

Re: Mokou Quest 3: Homecoming
« Reply #90 on: January 18, 2013, 10:35:59 AM »
>Actually don't bother asking them or mentioning our fire filled solutions. They can probably figure it out and if they can't, they really don't need to know.
>Especially if we're crashing there.

Kyo Tanaka

• Don't worry Sakuya, I will (Uuu~♥) protect you...
« Reply #91 on: January 18, 2013, 12:03:07 PM »
>Free food and bed is great after all.

>Should we show them our dragon? Or, should we bother explaining to them what Pokemon is farther?

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #92 on: January 19, 2013, 07:12:28 PM »
>"Those dragons are Pokemon, then. Shouldn't be as dangerous as those old ones way back when. Those mountain gods and the tengu and kappa can probably handle them. And Sanae's been in the Pokemon world, too, so she, at least, has a team of her own to help out. Not that I'd expect her using them to be necessary."

> "So you don't think the Moriya shrine is involved I take it," Byakuren says with a sip of her drink. "Well, I really hope you're right about the dragons."

>"Anyway, that is all probably Galatic's fault. They'll fix things when we find them."
>And beat them up until they fix things.

> "Best of luck then," Byakuren says.

>"You guys are pacifists, right? Would it offend you if I told you my tried-and-true method of fixing things?"
>If no, tell them. If yes, tell them anyway.

>Actually don't bother asking them or mentioning our fire filled solutions. They can probably figure it out and if they can't, they really don't need to know.
>Especially if we're crashing there.

> You decide against telling them your preferred solution to all problems. ( Can change mind with majority vote).

>Free food and bed is great after all.

>Should we show them our dragon? Or, should we bother explaining to them what Pokemon is farther?

> Should you?

> You consider finishing the meal and retiring for the night.

> "So... Nue, getting into any trouble lately?" Murasa asks.

> "Loads," Nue replies. "Caught some pokemon, met up with Marisa, stole cool stuff, watched Marisa steal useless stuff, and so on. I cannot figure out why Marisa would burglarize a house just to steal every single calendar they owned. Her slight of hand is impressive though, she stole the watch of some poor stranger right off his wrist."

> "You really shouldn't do that," Byakuren says.

> "Hey, nearly half of them had it coming," Nue replies. "So, I met up with Mokou in Mt. Coronet. Tried to rob her, and we ended up fighting. The girl would give you a run for your money."

> "You know I'm a pacifist," Byakuren replies.

> "Yeah, a real pity too," Nue says.

> "You want to explain to them what a pokemon is?" Kogasa asks.

> "Not really," Nue says with a yawn. "It's a long explanation."

> Kogasa sighs, taking out a pokeball. She then lets out her Prinplup. "This is a pokemon."

> "Cute little penguin," Murasa says.

> "Yes, well, there's a lot of them, and you catch them in tiny balls and make them fight eachother."

> "That sounds horribly cruel," Byakuren says disapprovingly.

> "No, it's not because, you see..." Kogasa pauses for a minute. "Hey Nue, how is it not horribly cruel?"

> "It might be," Nue laughs. "The pokemon seem to enjoy it though, and if they're having fun, who am I to complain? Course, it could be my pokemon in particular. Zori and I have a lot of the same interests. You know, we could let them out."

> "Do so right away," Byakuren insists. "I don't want you cooping them up while you're under my roof."

> "Well, if you insist," Nue says, releasing a pink blob, her magnet thing, and Zori, who looks exactly like Byakuren. "I should warn you, I do have one more, but it wanted to eat me. Better safe than sorry."

> "Fascinating," Byakuren says, looking over Zori. "So, not all pokemon are nice I take it."

> "Oh no, not at all. Bloodsucking bats, vultures, a whole host of animals that think I'm a snack."

> "Wait, so..." Kogasa starts.

> "Don't take out the ones that confuse youkai with food, got it?" Nue says.

> "Oh," Kogasa says, putting back the pokeball she was holding.

>_
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 12:42:34 AM by capt. h »

« Reply #93 on: January 20, 2013, 12:30:09 AM »
>"Yeah, don't want to wreck the place having to beat down those dragonite again."
>Eh, let out our more peaceable pokemon who won't try to kill anyone.
>So definitely not that Dragonite. Or Myon thinking about it.
>Might as well check on them and make sure they're still fine too, like our ponyta.

Kyo Tanaka

« Reply #94 on: January 20, 2013, 01:29:31 AM »
>Best to keep Myon hidden. We don't want to start a pokemon exorcism.

>...Do pok?mons eat human food? Have ours even ate..?

« Reply #95 on: January 20, 2013, 03:02:35 AM »
>....Well those Dragonite were going to eat us, our golbat is a vampire bat...huh.
>Check the pokedex on that.

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #96 on: January 20, 2013, 03:41:52 AM »
>Ponyta, Lucario, Registeel should be totally fine. Crobat would probably be OK too.
>China already knows how to meditate, that should impress these Buddhists.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 07:20:04 AM by O4rfish »
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

« Reply #97 on: January 20, 2013, 06:04:09 AM »
>Wait, crobat, gotta remember these things
>Should get to know our team of awesome a bit more.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #98 on: January 20, 2013, 07:53:55 PM »
>"Yeah, don't want to wreck the place having to beat down those dragonite again."
>Eh, let out our more peaceable pokemon who won't try to kill anyone.
>So definitely not that Dragonite. Or Myon thinking about it.
>Might as well check on them and make sure they're still fine too, like our ponyta.

> Alright then. "Go, Dash," you command. Your pokemon illuminates the room, it's a little scruffed up. You aren't surprised, that dragonite did a number on it. You figure either a potion or a good night's sleep would do it a lot of good.

> "Poor thing looks hurt," Byakuren says.

> Nue pauses for a second, then says, "Wait, wait, wait. The ones that are on fire stay outside, alright?"

> "Siding with Nue here, don't want to keep anything that can burn this place down indoors," Murasa adds. "I do like my ship. There's a rock garden in the back, keep it there."

> "Sorry Ponyta," you say, returning it to its ball for now.

>Best to keep Myon hidden. We don't want to start a pokemon exorcism.

>...Do pok?mons eat human food? Have ours even ate..?

> Considering your dragonite wanted to eat you, yes to the first question. No to the second - you have never seen your pokemon eat. You have never seen any of them look hungry either though. You dunno, maybe it's the pokeballs?

> You could ask Myon about it. Course, you don't really want to ask him right now, because it's rude to possess the hand that feeds you.

>Ponyta, Lucario, Registeel should be totally fine. Crobat would probably be OK too.

> Anyway, you decide to let out your Lucario, Crobat, and Registeel. The floor creaks under Fujiyama's weight.

>....Well those Dragonite were going to eat us, our golbat is a vampire bat...huh.
>Check the pokedex on that.

> You check the pokedex entry on crobat.

> Yes, crobat do in fact suck blood.

> "Do you think a golbat would be fine?" Kogasa asks.

> "Do you trust it not to suck the blood out of anyone?" Nue replies.

> "Um... no. No I don't."

>Wait, crobat, gotta remember these things
>Should get to know our team of awesome a bit more.

> Well, this is as good an opportunity as any.

>China already knows how to meditate, that should impress these Buddhists.

> Your China approaches Byakuren and shakes her hand. Byakuren returns the gesture.

>_
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 02:32:09 AM by capt. h »

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #99 on: January 21, 2013, 02:27:20 AM »
>"I also have a couple more pokemon, but one is a big dragon and the other, well ..."
>Glance at Kogasa.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #100 on: January 21, 2013, 06:34:55 PM »
>"I also have a couple more pokemon, but one is a big dragon and the other, well ..."
>Glance at Kogasa.

> "...?" Kogasa gives you a blank look, before the realization hits her. "Oh god no. Myon is a jerk."

> "You can control dragons too?" Byakuren says. "Well, I'd hate to see someone who had a half dozen dragons, that's for sure. Course, if dragons can be tamed, that does change a couple dynamics..."

> Nazrin looks over the creatures one by one. "This is... but... So this is what you two have been doing?" the mouse-girl asks Nue and Kogasa.

> "Yup." Kogasa says. "Surprised?"

> "Yes, Kogasa. I am surprised." Nazrin deadpans.

>_

Kyo Tanaka

« Reply #101 on: January 21, 2013, 09:56:14 PM »
>"Well, it's not exactly 'tamed...' We are friends. Kind of? After all, it doesn't want to kill me. It seems to trust me too."

>"It's surprising that Kogasa surprised someone."

>Dinner status?
>Growth?
>Relationship status with Kogasa?

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #102 on: January 22, 2013, 07:17:49 AM »
>"Well, it's not exactly 'tamed...' We are friends. Kind of? After all, it doesn't want to kill me. It seems to trust me too."

> "Myon nearly got me killed," Kogasa pouts.

> "That's terrible," Byakuren says.

> "Yeah, he confused me into thinking Kogasa was Mokou during a battle. Gotta give him credit for that," Nue chuckles.

> "No you don't." Kogasa huffs.

>"It's surprising that Kogasa surprised someone."

> Nue chuckles, ruffling Kogasa's hair. "You don't know our little troublemaker very well, she can 'get' anyone."

> "Naturally," Kogasa says, "I am the youkai of surprises, after all."

>Dinner status?

> You are stuffed. That was a nice dinner.

>Growth?

> You aren't sure there's any reason to check. You haven't grown an inch in centuries.

> Oh, right the pokemon. What would you like to know about them?

>Relationship status with Kogasa?

> According to Nue, you don't know her very well. This is nonsense. Clearly Nue is just jealous.

>_
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 07:52:05 AM by capt. h »

Kyo Tanaka

« Reply #103 on: January 22, 2013, 11:28:31 AM »
>"Hey. Myon's a good guy. He get things when he wants to. Except he seems to have a thing for killing me."

>Bonds and their growth.

>We must add Nue to our relationship. Harem route go.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #104 on: January 23, 2013, 02:16:34 AM »
>"Hey. Myon's a good guy. He get things when he wants to. Except he seems to have a thing for killing me."

> "Well that sounds rather unpleasant of him," Byakuren says.

>Bonds and their growth.

> Your charizard is doing pretty well, seeing as it's a charizard.
> Your haunter hasn't tried to murder you in your sleep for at least a couple days, so progress!
> Your crobat seems to listen to you.
> Your ponyta didn't die against that dragonite, not bad all things considered.
> You now know your Lucario has something akin to radar, and can communicate with you at some level.
> And you can't really tell what your Registeel thinks.

>We must add Nue to our relationship. Harem route go.

> To be completely honest, you aren't sure why Nue is sticking around, except maybe because you're traveling with Kogasa. You consider attempting to converse with her in the temple baths.

> You are tired though, so if you would like to retire for the night, you may do so at any time.

>_
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 02:28:51 AM by capt. h »

Kyo Tanaka

« Reply #105 on: January 23, 2013, 02:48:43 AM »
>Ask if our pokemon eats. If they do, ask if Byakuren can give them anything that they can eat.

>Otherwise, time to hit the hay.

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #106 on: January 23, 2013, 02:49:20 AM »
>Hm, can't Zoroark only disguise itself as things scarier than it? Byakuren doesn't seem very scary.
>"Thank you for hosting me tonight. I should rest; we've got things to do tomorrow."

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
  • Idiot Deity 2013 - 2014 RIP
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #107 on: January 23, 2013, 06:56:35 AM »
>Hug Registeel

>FURTHER PROGRESS ON LOVE BAR WITH KOGASA

<Nietz> Anyway, sex toys alone won't come up to 11k.
[18:48] <Warma> There must have been a new depth, where you've sunk as a person. Then you dug through that.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #108 on: January 24, 2013, 03:46:24 AM »
>Ask if our pokemon eats. If they do, ask if Byakuren can give them anything that they can eat.

>Your Lucario nods. Your Registeel... your registeel makes a highly unnatural growl. You aren't sure what that means, but seeing as it doesn't have a mouth you assume it's probably not all that hungry.

> "Well, let's get these guys fed up then!" Byakuren says. "Do you think they'd like dog food?"

> "Probably," Nue says, "Although why you'd keep that around the house..."

> "Ah, you haven't met Kyouko yet," Byakuren says. "Nice girl, a bit loud though."

>Hm, can't Zoroark only disguise itself as things scarier than it? Byakuren doesn't seem very scary.

> Clearly Byakuren is much more dangerous than she looks.

> Either that, or Zoroark can disguise itself as anything it wants. Checking your pokedex, it appears Zoroark can mimic pokemon, people, and even objects.

>Hug Registeel

> You attempt to hug your Registeel. It stalls for a minute, then it's "eyes" glow for a second and it pats your back.

>FURTHER PROGRESS ON LOVE BAR WITH KOGASA

> You are unable to locate the love bar. It must be a hidden stat.

>Otherwise, time to hit the hay.

>"Thank you for hosting me tonight. I should rest; we've got things to do tomorrow."

> "You're welcome," Byakuren beams. "Though I should be thanking you, considering everything you told us!"

> "Course, if you plan on living here we expect you to pull your weight," Nazrin adds.

> Nue stretches with a yawn, "Getting tired too. I'll show you were the spare beds are kept."

> "I cooked. You clean," Murasa tells Nue. "That's what you get for skipping out last time. I'll show our guest the spare room."

> Nue sighs as she enters the kitchen, while Murasa guides you back through the entry hall of the temple. She walks across it, down a hallway on the oposite side of the temple, and opens a door on the left. "So, you see a couple futons stacked against the wall, and sheets are in the shelves. Bathroom is the next door down the hall. Any questions?"

> "No," you say, setting up three beds.

> "Good," Murasa says, pausing. "...Nue and Kogasa aren't bad, but together, they can be hard to handle. It's usually innocent enough, but watch your back."

> "Anyway, you should probably rest. Sunlight is a bit of a luxury, and you wouldn't want to waste it." With that, Murasa leaves you, and you retire for the night.

> You wake up the next morning. Nue is snoring next to you, but Kogasa isn't, so you make your way across the temple to the dining room. The pokemon are curled up in different corners of the room, except for Registeel, who you notice is standing behind Kogasa. Kogasa herself is surrounded by the mouse-eared girl, the sailor girl, and two new figures; a tall blond fiddling with Kogasa's pokedex and a nun. The five are huddled around a broken pokeball arguing, too deep in their conversation to notice you.

> "I'm telling you, these things have got to be magic," the nun says, holding a magnefying class to the device. "See the geometic arrangement of the wires?"

> "No, that's just the circuitry, they don't even have magic on the other world," Kogasa says.

> "These psychic types look pretty magical to me," the blond adds. "Considering how many paranormal pokemon are here, it's not too much of a stretch to say they know a bit about magic."

> "That's different," Kogasa retorts.

> "How?" the blond asks.

> "It just is!" Kogasa stammers. "Psychic types use will of mind, none of them would be able to transfer those abilities to an object. And as for ghost types, well... I have to think about ghosts. Though I don't think they can transfer there powers either..."

> "Hard to tell either way, if you ask me," Nazrin says, taking a turn with the nun's magnifying glass and examining the broken ball.  "Definitely a lot of science, but the geometry here is bizarre. Most computers are fairly blocky, This thing incorperates all sorts of triangles and circles into the circuitry. Maybe it's an extremely complicated summoning circle?"

> "Maybe," Kogasa says, looking up with a yawn. "Morning Mokou. Meet Shou and Ichirin." Kogasa says, gesturing to the blond and the nun respectively. "So. Pokeballs. Magic or science?"

>_
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 05:21:08 AM by capt. h »

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #109 on: January 24, 2013, 03:54:29 AM »
>"Eh, maybe both. Nice to meetcha, I'm Mokou."

Kyo Tanaka

« Reply #110 on: January 24, 2013, 04:32:48 AM »
>"Magic for making the Pokemon not kill you after it getting out, and listening to you at the same time. Science of how big the Pokemon," refer to Registeel." Can fit into that little thing."
>Touch Registeel. "Though it's nice."

>"You wouldn't want to meet a ghost. Unless you'd want to be stripped from your clothes and standing on top of this place, then go ahead."

« Reply #111 on: January 24, 2013, 04:34:55 AM »
>"Keep in mind that Yukari's involved in this; I just chalk it all up to border-hax and move on."

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #112 on: January 25, 2013, 02:49:52 AM »
>"Eh, maybe both. Nice to meetcha, I'm Mokou."

>"Magic for making the Pokemon not kill you after it getting out, and listening to you at the same time. Science of how big the Pokemon," refer to Registeel." Can fit into that little thing."
>Touch Registeel. "Though it's nice."

> Your registeel clangs when you touch it.

> "Like she said, Shou Toramaru," The blond begins.

> "And Ichirin Kumoi," the nun ends. "I really don't see how science can make big things small personally."

>"Keep in mind that Yukari's involved in this; I just chalk it all up to border-hax and move on."

> "You're no fun," Kogasa says.

>"You wouldn't want to meet a ghost. Unless you'd want to be stripped from your clothes and standing on top of this place, then go ahead."

> "Don't give Myon any more ideas," Kogasa says. "That's the last thing we need."

> "Ah. I'll take you word for it," Shou says. "Anyway, for breakfast there's a pot of scrambled eggs in the kitchen. Bowls are in the top cupboard left of the window, and forks are in the shelf by the sink."

>_

Kyo Tanaka

« Reply #113 on: January 25, 2013, 02:55:23 AM »
>"Don't worry Kogasa. The only time he'll be doing that is when we run into Kaguya."

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
  • Idiot Deity 2013 - 2014 RIP
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #114 on: January 25, 2013, 04:11:19 AM »
>Since we're all well and rested, we should get going... I mean, we have Galatik to beat and a Giratina to add to our party.

<Nietz> Anyway, sex toys alone won't come up to 11k.
[18:48] <Warma> There must have been a new depth, where you've sunk as a person. Then you dug through that.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #115 on: January 26, 2013, 02:40:41 AM »
>"Don't worry Kogasa. The only time he'll be doing that is when we run into Kaguya."

> "Are you sure you can trust him that far?" Kogasa asks.

> "Probably," you respond.

>Since we're all well and rested, we should get going... I mean, we have Galatik to beat and a Giratina to add to our party.

> "At least stay for breakfast," the nun says.

> "Nah," you respond. "Thanks though."

> "I suppose you're right," Kogasa sighs. "Daylight is too valuable to waste. I'll get Nue."

> Returning your pokemon and saying your goodbyes, you ask Nazrin to convey your farwells to Byakuren. Ready to leave, you open the temple doors to a lush Gensokyan sunrise, hewn with a vibrant yellow as it rises above the horizon. The landscape doesn't look right for a sunset though, as instead of long dark shadows stretching across the courtyard, dim shadows stretch both east and west. Looking west you immediately spot the reason for this; a second sun has decided to sit itself in the sky.

>_

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #116 on: January 26, 2013, 03:29:49 AM »
>"Well, that's unsettling."
>Choose Lighter; mount up.

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #117 on: January 26, 2013, 03:31:10 AM »
>...That could be bad.
>Does the second one look like it's positioned correctly to be Sinnoh's sun?

« Reply #118 on: January 26, 2013, 03:45:52 AM »
>If it is, stop caring and head back to Sinnoh. We're back in top gear and ready to roast some fools

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #119 on: January 26, 2013, 09:22:05 PM »
>...That could be bad.
>Does the second one look like it's positioned correctly to be Sinnoh's sun?

>If it is, stop caring and head back to Sinnoh. We're back in top gear and ready to roast some fools

> You aren't sure, but you know for a fact that there was only one sun yesterday.

> No, this one is rising way too quickly, and it's rising over Gensokyo in the west. After a couple seconds, you can clearly see that the orb is between Sinnoh and Gensokyo. You can't tell exactly how far away it is, but someone is throwing around an absolutely massive fireball.

>"Well, that's unsettling."
>Choose Lighter; mount up.

> You let Lighter out and mount up, when you hear Nue scream.

> "I'LL GET YOU FOR THAT KOGASA," Nue shouts as Kogasa sprints out the door.

> "Come on, come on, lets go before she catches up," Kogasa says leaping onto Lighter. You are actually kind of hesitant to leave yet, considering the new development. With your obvious hesitance to take off, Kogasa takes a glance around before adding "We have a problem, don't we."

>_
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 09:27:11 PM by capt. h »