Author Topic: Mokou Quest 3: Homecoming  (Read 162636 times)

Re: Mokou Quest 3: Homecoming
« Reply #120 on: January 26, 2013, 11:05:26 PM »
>"Yep. Another sun in the sky."
>New destination; to the fireball. Can't have people stealing our style now.

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #121 on: January 27, 2013, 01:53:58 AM »
>Do we know about Utsuho? If we do: "That's gotta be the Hell Raven."

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #122 on: January 27, 2013, 02:09:10 AM »
>On the other hand, someone may just be trying to alleviate the symptoms whilst we cure the problem.
I vote we head to Galactic.
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
  • Idiot Deity 2013 - 2014 RIP
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #123 on: January 27, 2013, 02:26:54 AM »
>On the other hand, someone may just be trying to alleviate the symptoms whilst we cure the problem.

This

<Nietz> Anyway, sex toys alone won't come up to 11k.
[18:48] <Warma> There must have been a new depth, where you've sunk as a person. Then you dug through that.

« Reply #124 on: January 27, 2013, 03:00:16 AM »
>Given that the fireball's in the middle of the zone between Gensokyo and Sinnoh anyway though, it won't exactly take much time to make sure that  Utsuho isn't going to burn Gensokyo to the ground.
>Really, the only side-effect so far seems to be the wayward pokemon and the changed scenery.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #125 on: January 27, 2013, 03:38:30 AM »
>Yes, to the second sun.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #126 on: January 27, 2013, 09:43:46 PM »
>"Yep. Another sun in the sky."

> "Crud," Kogasa says, as Byakuren exits the temple.

> "You really shouldn't use buckets of ice water to wake people up."

> "Cut the disguise Nue, you're dripping," Kogasa says.

> "Hmf." Nue grunts, changing into another girl's form, crossing her arms. "For the record, it doesn't count as a prank unless they fall into it."

> "I still say I got you."

> "Then don't be surprised by a pie to the face," Nue replies, before noticing the sky. "Oh great, another problem."

>New destination; to the fireball. Can't have people stealing our style now.

> "I suppose you're right," Nue says. "But I swear if I die I'm going to kill you."

> "But that's not..."

> "Kogasa," Nue interrupts. "Don't explain the joke."

>Do we know about Utsuho? If we do: "That's gotta be the Hell Raven."

> You must, considering you asked Yukari to put her in the loop.

> "Ah yes," Nue says. "Yeah, she'd think this was a good idea."

This

> "We go to Galactic, we solve the core of the problem and the sun can solve itself," Kogasa suggests.

>Given that the fireball's in the middle of the zone between Gensokyo and Sinnoh anyway though, it won't exactly take much time to make sure that  Utsuho isn't going to burn Gensokyo to the ground.
>Really, the only side-effect so far seems to be the wayward pokemon and the changed scenery.

> Actually, you could see the lack of sunlight causing problems long term. It's only about 50 degrees out and it's the middle of summer, you imagine it could get even colder without sunlight. Though you really aren't sure a second sun is a good idea.

>Yes, to the second sun.

> "I really think we should check on the second light source first. Would only take a minute," Nue replies.

> "Sooner we fix the Galactic problem, the sooner the second sun isn't necessary, right?" Kogasa suggests. "Seems like an acceptable short-term cure until we break those goons."

> "Assuming it doesn't just make things even worse inadvetently. We should spend at least a couple minutes with the second sun," Nue says, shivering. She then decks Kogasa. "No sleeping pranks. They're only funny if the target's passed out from their own drunkenness. Pranks are only funny if the victim walks into them."

> "Ow," Kogasa replies, rubbing her cheek. "I think some pranks work whether the victim could avoid them or not. After all, it is all about the surprise."

> "No, no, it's all about making fun of people's naivity and stupidity," Nue replies.

> "This really isn't the time," you interrupt.

Mod note: 2 votes for second sun, 2 votes for galactic. Looking for a tiebreaker, but I don't mind breaking the tie if I don't get one.

>_
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 09:45:27 PM by capt. h »

Kyo Tanaka

• Don't worry Sakuya, I will (Uuu~♥) protect you...
« Reply #127 on: January 28, 2013, 12:38:00 AM »
>Second sun.

>It's probably a one-man kind of thing, anyway. The quicker we get the second sun over with, we can probably catch up with Galactic without much problems.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #128 on: January 28, 2013, 04:53:40 AM »
I'm kinda leaning more towards Galactic, but might as well go with the flow.
> Second sun.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #129 on: January 29, 2013, 04:51:38 AM »
>Second sun.

>It's probably a one-man kind of thing, anyway. The quicker we get the second sun over with, we can probably catch up with Galactic without much problems.

I'm kinda leaning more towards Galactic, but might as well go with the flow.
> Second sun.

> You decide to go to the second sun.

> "Alright then," Nue says, saddling her magnet-thing. The three of you head into the sky for a good half hour or so, as you feel yourself become lighter and lighter. At about the middle, you head west in Gensokyo coordinates, spotting the Sanzu river underneath as the air becomes somewhat warm as Nue and Kogasa discuss pranking amongst themselves.

> "It's getting pretty hot," Kogasa says about a mile from the fireball, which itself has at least a half-mile diameter. You guess the heat might bother them, but you find the temperature at this distance pleasant; it couldn't be more than 110 F.

> "Yeah, I don't think the two of us can take much more heat," Nue says. "You go check it out; I'll watch your bag. Wouldn't want your stuff melting."

>_

« Reply #130 on: January 29, 2013, 05:05:33 AM »
>Yeah, getting our stuff melted would be bad. Head out with the Hakkero and have Lighter keep an eye on things.
>To the sun.

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #131 on: January 29, 2013, 05:50:45 AM »
>Maybe take Dash? Can we carry him/her?

« Reply #132 on: January 29, 2013, 06:12:09 AM »
>Given that Dash can't fly and we're high enough to be in the space between worlds, probably not a good idea.

LaserTurtle

• Master of the lurk
  • *sips tea*
« Reply #133 on: January 29, 2013, 11:49:16 AM »
>Really, whoever heard of flying horses? Go alone. This is a one-phoenix job.
Off The Rails [complete!] 1  2 - Sharks jumped: Somewhere between one and all of them
Talking to yourself isn't a sign of madness. Expecting a reply is.
Stare too long into the abyss and the abyss stares back, and then it gets awkward until one of you breaks eye contact.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #134 on: January 30, 2013, 06:54:38 PM »
>Yeah, getting our stuff melted would be bad. Head out with the Hakkero and have Lighter keep an eye on things.
>To the sun.

>Maybe take Dash? Can we carry him/her?

>Given that Dash can't fly and we're high enough to be in the space between worlds, probably not a good idea.

>Really, whoever heard of flying horses? Go alone. This is a one-phoenix job.

> You are tempted to go alone. You are also tempted to bring Dash, but he can't fly. You are also extremely interested in finding a flying horse.

> You wind up taking the middle road, going in with only Charizard and Marisa's mini-hakkero. You feel a bit like Icarus, except that unlike him your wings aren't made of flimsy wax. As the tempterature exceeds boiling and then exceed the flashpoint, you admit it is a bit stifling. You decide at about a quarter mile away that you don't really want to get any closer, so you strafe around the object. After going about halfway around, you locate a raven-winged girl mere feet away from the object.

> If Utsuho noticed you yet, she isn't showing it.

>_

Kyo Tanaka

• Don't worry Sakuya, I will (Uuu~♥) protect you...
« Reply #135 on: January 30, 2013, 06:59:06 PM »
>can our Lighter handle this heat?
>Can Marisa's mini-toy function, and not melt at the same time?

>Throw a small fireball around her to grab the raven's attention.

« Reply #136 on: January 30, 2013, 07:11:07 PM »
>Actually don't do that in case she takes it as an attack
>Just shout out to her.

LaserTurtle

• Master of the lurk
  • *sips tea*
« Reply #137 on: January 31, 2013, 12:56:52 AM »
>"What do you need this sun for? Doesn't the normal one work just fine?"
Off The Rails [complete!] 1  2 - Sharks jumped: Somewhere between one and all of them
Stare too long into the abyss and the abyss stares back, and then it gets awkward until one of you breaks eye contact.

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #138 on: January 31, 2013, 01:25:48 AM »
This is one of my favorite pairings BTW ... the two hot chicks.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #139 on: January 31, 2013, 04:27:58 AM »
>can our Lighter handle this heat?
>Can Marisa's mini-toy function, and not melt at the same time?

> Yes, and yes. Although some of the runes on the latter are glowing. It seems like it has some kind of magical resistance to high temperatures built in, which makes sense when you consider that's it's designed to fire rediculously powerful lasers.

>Throw a small fireball around her to grab the raven's attention.

>Actually don't do that in case she takes it as an attack
>Just shout out to her.

> You decide against doing anything that would put you in a fight with the girl with the sun. Instead you try to shout to catch her attention.

> Utsuho looks up. "Mokou? Whatcha doing up here?"

>"What do you need this sun for? Doesn't the normal one work just fine?"

> "Oh, yeah, fine if you like 4 hours of light a day. Personally, I think day and night cycles are overrated, but, eh. Aparently you over-worlders need more sun," she says, approaching. She then holds her finger to her ear, and tilts to the side a bit. "Oh? Oh, no, it's just Mokou. Yeah, everything's fine up here, how's the brightness down there? Ah. Yeah, I can do that."

> "It's Satori," Utsuho explains, turning back to her earpiece. "Yeah, wait, what? You'll have to describe it. Yeah? Yeah. That is a really weird sounding youkai. Well, I see a whisp of cloud." Utsuho says, looking towards youkai mountain. You spot a cloud over there too, as Utsuho resumes her conversation. "No, wait, you're right, it's moving. Alright, I'll keep an eye on it."

> Utsuho shifts her attention back to you. "Looks like we're getting company," she says.

This is one of my favorite pairings BTW ... the two hot chicks.

> New mission objective added to log.

>_

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #140 on: January 31, 2013, 05:04:47 AM »
>"...Who told you we needed more sun? Or that we only get four hours of sun, because we get far more than that."
>"The sun we already have is quite sufficient, you know. If anyone could use a new sun, it'd be you guys underground. You'd have to make it small enough not to burn anyone, though. Most people can't take the kind of heat you or I can."
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 05:06:24 AM by GuyYouMetOnline »

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #141 on: January 31, 2013, 05:09:21 AM »
>Obv she has this covered. Let's greet the new challenger.

« Reply #142 on: January 31, 2013, 05:23:39 AM »
>"...Who told you we needed more sun? Or that we only get four hours of sun, because we get far more than that."
>"The sun we already have is quite sufficient, you know. If anyone could use a new sun, it'd be you guys underground. You'd have to make it small enough not to burn anyone, though. Most people can't take the kind of heat you or I can."

>Belay this.

It was mentioned earlier that the whole other world thing was messing with daylight enough that it was getting pretty cold so we actually do need another sun. The main thing was if Utsuho was acting on her own or if someone with sense was guiding her.
With Satori directing her to not accidentally nuke thearea and no one bar us being crazy enough to fly this close to a sun, this is pretty much resolved.

>Do check on that cloud though.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #143 on: January 31, 2013, 05:42:47 AM »
That's why we're asking who told her. It may well be that there's a good reason. I guess I did it badly, though. So:

>Instead of the previous commands, say: "Four hours a day? We're supposed to have more than that. Did something happen to the regular sun?"

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #144 on: January 31, 2013, 06:31:51 AM »
We know what happened to the regular sun. Someone put a continent in front of it.

« Reply #145 on: January 31, 2013, 06:39:20 AM »
Indeedy. That's why we're going to smack down Cyrus after seeing about this cloud.

>Make a note that whoever is responsible for this dual world is probably going to die horribly.

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #146 on: January 31, 2013, 07:50:51 AM »
>Point up. "When that thing goes away, you''ll put away the extra sun, right?"

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #147 on: February 02, 2013, 12:17:33 AM »
>Make a note that whoever is responsible for this dual world is probably going to die horribly.

> Asphyxiation, bifurcation, crucifixion, decapitation, there's a whole alphabet of ways to do it. Though your favorite has to be immolation.

>Instead of the previous commands, say: "Four hours a day? We're supposed to have more than that. Did something happen to the regular sun?"

> "Someone put a roof up," Utsuho repies. "I kind of like it personally, having a ceiling over my head."

>Point up. "When that thing goes away, you''ll put away the extra sun, right?"

> "Why?" Utsuho asks. You then hear muffled shouting over Utsuho's earpiece, as the raven winces. "Alright, alright, I'll put it away when I'm done. Yeesh."

>Do check on that cloud though.

>Obv she has this covered. Let's greet the new challenger.

> "My number's 555-6666. Let me know what's up with that. Also, if you happen to find another one of those fire dragons... I kind of want one for myself."

> You are pretty impressed with how well the raven's clothes and equipment are holding up actually. Although it does come with the territory - you tend to learn how to protect your stuff from yourself when you're a human torch.

> You put some distance between the raven and yourself to check up on this cloud thing. It's actually a lot closer and smaller than you expected, only about a mile away from the sun, and you recognize it immediately as the blue pokemon in your pokedex from earlier. It also has a rider.

> The girl riding the bird thing looks like a Galactic grunt, but with red hair and a modified uniform. She is still about a quarter-mile away, so you can't really make out the conversation she's having on her receiver.

>_
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 06:18:20 AM by capt. h »

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #148 on: February 02, 2013, 12:19:32 AM »
> Since she's distracted, try and knock her out of the air with some fire.
> And by "some" I mean "a lot."

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

LaserTurtle

• Master of the lurk
  • *sips tea*
« Reply #149 on: February 02, 2013, 01:17:18 AM »
>A second sun is pretty distracting. Surprise attack!
>No, not you, Kogasa. You can help if you really want to, though.