Author Topic: STG Thread 12  (Read 69955 times)

lumber_of_the_beast

Re: STG Thread 12
« Reply #60 on: November 17, 2012, 03:09:12 PM »
Got a 1CC of Contra 4!

...on Easy, but still. Onward to Normal!

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #61 on: November 17, 2012, 10:09:20 PM »

jc_foster

• Learning the ways of the bomb
  • Specializing in idiotic deaths since 2009
« Reply #62 on: November 19, 2012, 05:59:04 AM »
God Mode, stage 3, past the midboss. Finally getting a no-miss stage 1 helped hugely with that, and stage 2 wasn't bad at all.

I'm thinking I might actually reach stage 4 soon after my Thanksgiving vacation.

« Reply #63 on: November 19, 2012, 08:26:38 AM »
Hmm... yes. You might want to head into practice and learn the Stage 3 boss before you proceed any further.

It's retarded and dumb wall-happy PoS that will screw you over if you don't handle it the right way.

lumber_of_the_beast

« Reply #64 on: November 19, 2012, 10:02:05 AM »
Have a video of the run.
holy shit, that game has more magic nanomachines than Metal Gear Solid 4

chum

« Reply #65 on: November 23, 2012, 08:22:03 AM »
Miyamoto is great, I really have no idea why I read so much nonsense about him being hard to use. I haven't played Garegga that much (will get on it at some point, fantastic game and all) but even I managed to get to glowsquid as Miyamoto, with hardly any strategies, experience or skills. I can't help but feel like the supposed difficulty of clearing it is a bit overstated.

Pretty hilarious, but I 1cc'd it on my first time playing it in months. I mean, the first attempt got the 1cc. Crazy.

I picked up a couple of strats from your vid Erppo (Search for later stages, saving up bombs for BH MK2) and that's the main reason I cleared. Just following those strats, the game is certainly not very hard at all.

« Reply #66 on: November 23, 2012, 03:25:11 PM »
Just following those strats, the game is certainly not very hard at all.

Hah, indeed. Nice job!

To extend the chain, I was mainly following what ebarrett did more than a year ago and he was in turn following some of the easyclear strategies KET has on his Youtube channel.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 03:30:10 PM by Erppo »
"First of all, for those who've cleared the game, please try playing for more points." - ZUN

Jaimers

« Reply #67 on: November 23, 2012, 05:52:15 PM »

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #68 on: November 29, 2012, 03:18:55 AM »
Back to the loop, sorta. DFK Omote 2-ALL wih C-S.

jc_foster

« Reply #69 on: November 29, 2012, 04:17:42 AM »
Finally got the uploads from last weekend up:

(thinking I can push 500m after I get a better handle on stages 2 and 4)
(got a perfect out of nowhere after a horrible first form)

I'm hoping to have another God video by the end of the year or so.

« Reply #70 on: November 29, 2012, 11:08:47 PM »

Oh, neat! Which version are you using btw, or was this arcade?
"First of all, for those who've cleared the game, please try playing for more points." - ZUN

RNG

• Lord of all that Bullshits
« Reply #71 on: November 29, 2012, 11:29:18 PM »

Yo, beat my Dragon Blaze score please!

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #72 on: December 01, 2012, 02:00:23 AM »
Oh, neat! Which version are you using btw, or was this arcade?
1.5 ver... On the Android port. It's what I get to have, so I ain't complaining. 'sides, it's on hard which means equivalent to the original, in patterns at least.

« Reply #73 on: December 08, 2012, 12:55:50 AM »
I might be getting some X360 version of DDP DFK for Christmas :) I'm quite excited

jc_foster

« Reply #74 on: December 08, 2012, 05:11:13 AM »
Found a new shmup on XBL a couple days ago called Aeternum. It's on the short side (only four stages .... or, that's all that's in the practice menu), but not a bad deal at only 80 points. I'll probably post a video of me going through the first couple stages sometime tomorrow.

Game website
Edit: My first 2 stages
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 05:50:10 PM by jc_foster »

Jaimers

« Reply #75 on: December 10, 2012, 07:41:42 PM »

;_____;

« Reply #76 on: December 11, 2012, 04:35:33 AM »
Oh my. Is that you failing a NMNB Doom fight or you game overing on an Ura run? Being you, both are quite plausible.

lumber_of_the_beast

« Reply #77 on: December 12, 2012, 03:36:47 AM »
I am about to play my first credit of Akai Katana

Advice would be appreciated

EDIT: Played one credit with each ship

Origin mode

I am fucking awful at Akai Katana
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 06:10:43 AM by Umbrellumby »

« Reply #78 on: December 12, 2012, 04:28:53 PM »
Use the bullet reflect thing at bursts. You do practically no damage during it but you can shove bullets away and then use the damaging focus shot for a moment.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #79 on: December 24, 2012, 04:16:15 PM »
Carbon copy of the version in HME, but relevant here too so let's do this!

2012 in STG, Past and Future!

Alright STG players, it's the end of the year so it's a great time for a retrospective as well as a time for setting future goals. I don't think we've had one of these threads before but it seems like a nice idea, so here's how this is going to work!

Personal Favourite Achievements of 2012: As the name suggests, post the stuff you're the most proud of here, whether you're a Novice mode survival player or an Ultra scorerunner. Anything that stands out to you is what you want here, no matter how silly it may be!

Personal Biggest Screw-ups of 2012: This is for those very special moments when you screw up a would-be high score right near the end by ramming Larsa. Whatever comedies/tragedies pop up most clearly to mind go here!

Favourite Achievements by Others of 2012: Whether it's a long-time goal achieved by a close friend or a new WR set in one of your favourite games (or both at the same time!), you can post whatever stuff you enjoyed seeing other people do this year here!

Goals for 2013: What do you have your eyes set on achieving next year? List all the clears, scores, and crazy challenges you want to achieve next year here. Be ambitious!

[OPTIONAL] CHALLENGES TO OTHER PLAYERS: The fun one. Throw down the gauntlet and challenge someone else to something! This might be to beat one of your scores, or a race to a certain clear, or whatever you like. Remember to keep it a little friendly, but on the other hand, go totally nuts!

Write as little or as much as you like, and this should become a nice thing to look back to in times to come. Merry Christmas, and have fun. :toot:
Let's fight.

« Reply #80 on: December 24, 2012, 04:55:38 PM »
Okay let's do this, people should write here more anyway!

Personal Favourite Achievements of 2012:

The first thing I honestly thought was simply getting a bit better at STGs overall. I guess stomping the STGT was pretty nice too! :V I've recently been getting a lot of progress in DFK too but I still need to actually do the runs and get the score I'm after and that probably isn't going to happen this year. Still, most of the real work is already done and I know how to do everything and have pretty nice consistency in it.

Personal Biggest Screw-ups of 2012:

Not playing enough STGs. Dropping DDP while I was doing pretty well in it.

Favourite Achievements by Others of 2012:

If we limit it to people who have some time posted in this thread or its previous incarnations, I'm going to give my shoutouts to Naut and his efforts with DOJBL, and Azinth, for his excellent performance with Strikers '99 in the STGT.

Goals for 2013:

Continue getting better. Win another STGT with the usual team.

I should also finish my work with DFK and go back and clear DDP with a decent score.

[OPTIONAL] CHALLENGES TO OTHER PLAYERS:

Beat Azinth's score! Or at least play a shmup...

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #81 on: December 24, 2012, 05:40:06 PM »
Saw the HME version, and might as well reply:

Achievements: Getting to Ura on DFK mobile Normal difficulty, and a ND run of Original Novice on Futari BL iOS. Also managing to get spectators watching my STG gameplay in the dorm lounge - with at least one person always asking "yo, is that Touhou?". :V

Screw-ups: I had more of these in the Touhou side of things, namely several PCB and TD Easy 1cc failures on the final bosses. Haven't been playing STGs as much as of late, especially mobile ones.

Others' Achievements: Hm, haven't followed these as well, but I did like Killah's NM of DOJ Hibachi and Jaimers' DOOM NM.

Goals: Getting to DOJ's second loop on at least the iOS version, and of course playing this genre more.
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #82 on: December 24, 2012, 09:30:33 PM »
Hmm...does anyone know where I can access a StellaVanity demo? I looked on the developer's site and I couldn't find it, and a lot of the links providing the demo seem to be dead. I saw a preview a while back and it looked really interesting to me. Sorry if I interupted anything, but if anyone knew I would appreciate it.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #83 on: December 24, 2012, 09:50:54 PM »

Getting to 2-5 Omote in DFK or 1cc'ing Mushi Futari Maniac. I think the latter one was the toughest to get but DFK was certainly the biggest prick. I dunno, don't have much. I mostly play Touhou since that stuff is better.  :V

Personal Biggest Screw-ups of 2012: Just about anything I've done with STG's. Don't play them enough to get non-disasters out of em'.

Favourite Achievements by Others of 2012: Naut accomplishing that 2-ALL of DOJ. Playing through that first loop so many times and handling the rest of the game so beautifully. Cheers.  Also, enjoyed a lot of the stuff from Sapz and Jaimers but Sapz you've been lazy. Forget about those shitty fightan games and come back here.

Goals for 2013: Ambitious eh? I want to play some more of these things for one thing. I hardly ever play non-Touhou STG which is kinda sad. I also said to myself that I wanted to mess around with Crimzon Clover Unlimited and Mushi Futari Ultra (because God sucks and yes, I am fully aware that I'm not making sense) but clearing them is out of the question. Still, an ambitious goal eh? I'll dedicate 10% of the effort that I throw into the UFO NBNUFO clear on those projects. Or something like that.

EDIT: Let's not forget, play looping games as little as possible and stick with the good ones.  :smug:

Sapz are to get back into shmups. Same thing applies to Naut. Everyone on TiH need to actually PLAY Touhou  :V and everyone on Touhou is too Easy needs to actually clear UFO and PoDD Lunatic  :V
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 03:47:21 AM by Zengeku »

« Reply #84 on: December 24, 2012, 09:58:51 PM »

Looping Strikers 1999 and two UFO Lunatic 1ccs after practicing both games a lot!

Gameovering with full lives on 2-3 in strikers, and not looping GB2

The Touhou teams getting first second and fourth places on the STGT (and from my team, the V-V 2-ALLs of Shmoop and Seppo)

Goals for 2013:

To participate in the STGT again, and to be less useless for my team this time!
Youtube

[07:02] <SeppoMobile> You be a superplayer, I'm a superfaggot

KLH

• 47 accounts in my account account
« Reply #85 on: December 25, 2012, 12:24:12 AM »

• My no-miss of DOJ BL Hibachi, of course :V
  • Getting about halfway through 2-4 in DOJ BL
  • Perfecting every boss in DOJ BL's second loop up to stage 4

• Not recording that run of DOJ BL to 2-4 (not like I had the hard drive space available to do so)

• Naut's 2-ALL of DOJ BL (first Western player to do so?)
  • Zil's 2-ALL of DOJ BL
  • Jaimer's no-miss of Evaccaneer DOOM

Goals for 2013:

• 2-ALL DOJ BL or at least get close to it, i.e. approach the end of 2-5
  • No-miss Evaccaneer DOOM (I should have done this a long time ago, but I got distracted and lazy lol)
  • 1-ALL Ketsui
  • 1-CC Touhou 12 Lunatic

You probably won't see any of these anytime soon - I'm refining my gameplay focus onto FPS games (yeah, I know you all want to kill me for saying that) and am also shifting my gaming-related activities to making games rather than just playing them.
However, I'll definitely throw in a few minutes of STG gameplay every now and then, like I did when I was attempting to no-miss Hibachi. So, I'll get these eventually.

• No-miss DOJ BL Hibachi (with EXY, and equal or higher rank) :V
  • Get DoDonPachi SaiDaiOuJou when it is released, and reach Lolibachi

2hu is a ghey shooter pl@y COD you f@gs
COD 4 life #swag #yolo #360noscope #lensflare #Skrillex
Main YouTube Channel
Main Reupload Channel

« Reply #86 on: December 25, 2012, 12:32:10 AM »

My S99 run from the first week of STGT.  Not just because of beating sikraiken (though that was pretty cool!), but because I don't think I've ever felt that confident while pursuing a score.  I pretty much knew that I'd eventually get it if I just kept playing.  It wasn't like previous attempts with different games, where I was always plagued by nervousness and uncertainty during runs.  Every failure just felt like it was making me get closer to my goal.  I wish I could find this confidence with every game I play.

I feel kinda bad that I burnt out on the last three weeks of STGT and didn't contribute much to the team effort for any of the games.  Ah well, at least I gave us one good score  :blush:

Favorite Achievements by Others of 2012:

Lots.  Emuser's Ketsui 2-All,  Naut's DOJBL 2-All,  Nereid's MoF score, and RNG's scores in Dragon Blaze are what immediately come to mind, I'm sure there are others that I'm forgetting about too.  And of course all the members of TiH and TiMFA who made a killing in this year's STGT.

Goals for 2013:

I probably won't be playing as much this year as the last year and a half; there are IRL things that I want to spend time with instead.  I'll definitely come back to Gunbird 2 sometime though.  If there's one shmup that I don't want to give up on, it's that one.  A 3 lives/ 9 bombs run with a 4m+ score seems very possible if I spend some more time with it.

CHALLENGES TO OTHER PLAYERS:

Sapz: beat my S99 score, it'll take you like three days to do once you sit down and actually start playing the damn thing c'mon  :V

RNG: don't forget Dragon Blaze.

RNG

• Lord of all that Bullshits
« Reply #87 on: December 25, 2012, 01:13:54 AM »
Personal Favorite Achievements: Never having to play Esp Ra.De again. Also getting 7th place in Galuda Week.

Biggest Screwups:  Probably that one Progear run I had where 1-missed to the final boss and totally trainwrecked. Cleared with nothing remaining. That was really depressing. Did it in front of NTSC-J too :V Oh, and every single GB2 credit ever. STOP RUNNING INTO BULLETS VALPIRO

Favorite Achievements by Others: As I mentioned, Azinth's S99 Western Record. Zil and Naut's DOJBL 2-ALLs, Jaimers' crazy-ass Ketsui shit, Emuser's performance during STGT and Ketsui 2-ALL, and the whole of team W2WUF.

Goals for 2013: In between TD and MoF no-bomb attempts I'm planning to 1-ALL Gunbird 2 and 2-ALL Dragon Blaze as Rob or Sonia. Quaid 2-ALL is out of my reach for now. 

Challenges to other players:

Dragon Blaze. Please play it, it's the best scoring system in existence.

« Reply #88 on: December 25, 2012, 01:46:59 AM »
Personal Favorite Achievement
my 17m Batsugun run & IN Lunatic clear

Biggest Screw Up
Figuring out a "safe"  counterstop route for Batsugun Special, then completely loosing interest.

Favorite Achievements by Others
All the ones everyone else mentioned pretty much

Goals for 2013
Push my Batsugun score to 21m
Loop another Psikyo game
Suck less

« Reply #89 on: December 25, 2012, 04:08:19 PM »
Personal Favourite Achievements of 2012: nothing STG-related, sadly

Personal Biggest Screw-ups of 2012: besides STGT usual low performance (and most importantly, not being able to join TimFA because I tried to get friends to play STGT with me but they decided to not to, not before all the team slots were filled), can't remember

Favourite Achievements by Others of 2012: can't remember but there were many

Goals for 2013: don't like the idea of setting goals because I usually forget them (lol) and when there are too many goals, I tend to flush them all and start a new (small) list :(  (I'd like to have a better memory, be able to learn from savestates without minding too much about variables which could make said save-states "invalid" -- like in Garegga --, be able to memorize and learn survival tricks, hitboxes, enemy placements, etc.. and also I'd like to not mind so much about first deaths -- at which point I tend to restart the game due to lower chances of scoring/surviving than if I didn't die). Scoring well in Touhou games (and some shmups) seem like a huge and steep learning curve, can't promise I'll get better at them.

[OPTIONAL] CHALLENGES TO OTHER PLAYERS: these should be rather easy to beat, because I'm mentally handicapped, etc.
- get more than 5 million in Varth (autofire allowed)
- get more than 11 million in ESP Ra De (I used JB-5th, use whoever you'd like)
- get more than 52 million in DDP (I used A-L, use whatever ship/shot type you'd like)
- get more than 1.9 million in Twinkle Star Spritess (lolno)
- get more than 72 million in RFJ
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.