Author Topic: What If... (Ver 2.0 + MORE EXPLOSIONS)  (Read 220115 times)

Ikari

• I'm just so charismatic
  • It's turning into derp
Re: What If... (Ver 2.0 + MORE EXPLOSIONS)
« Reply #240 on: September 04, 2012, 10:51:40 PM »
*shudders* I'd be afraid. Oh so very afraid. Touhou 14 would be disturbing @__@

What if Touhou 14 only playable character was Sanae? (There's actually rumors of that, but none confirmed)

EthanSilver

• Lunatic Programmer
  • Got squid, will travel.
    • Ethan Silver's Junkpile - Hacks and translation patches
« Reply #241 on: September 04, 2012, 11:30:35 PM »
What if Touhou 14 only playable character was Sanae? (There's actually rumors of that, but none confirmed)
I will personally book a flight to Japan to stick a tanto into ZUN. Or eight. ^-^
Frankly having her playable in 14 would be reason enough to do this too...

What if Touhou 14 never came out and the series ended with TD? :(

Latest works
The Strongest

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #242 on: September 04, 2012, 11:39:38 PM »
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

No seriously I'd be extremely depressed and dead inside.

What if you could add another character to Hisoutensoku? Who would it be and what would be her fighting style?

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #243 on: September 04, 2012, 11:59:12 PM »
Kasen.

Mixture of summonable creatures, magic, and physical brawling, but with only average speed/agility and reduced defense.

One part glass cannon, one part gadget fighter.

What if the only playable character in Touhou 14 was Aya? :getdown:

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #244 on: September 05, 2012, 12:33:19 AM »
I love the Kasen Idea.

And it depends: If it's another Shoot the Bullet kind, I'm happy. Very happy.

If it's an actual game, then I wouldn't mind the fact it's Aya of all people, but rather that there's only 1 character :T Unless she has multiple styles. Then that's ok.
Also I expect a special mechanic, like high speed, or pictures, or wind crap, or I dunno.

Seriously I couldn't care less about who gets back, unless it's Sakuya or Sanae. If Sanae is the only character, I'll help in the ZUN murder crusade. If Sakuya was the only character, and the game had a timestop mechanic included, I may just die of joy.

What if Yumemi came back to Gensokyo?

DeltaSierra4

• Behind each smile
  • is ten thousand sorrows
« Reply #245 on: September 05, 2012, 03:16:07 AM »
That would mean she'll attempt to test out her probability space hypervessel again... so our next TH14 is in Phantasmagoria style! Woohoo! Looking forward to it :3

What if ZUN appeared in the next Touhou game as his real life self?
"Times will bring that up over and over again. It's like I'm dying from my mental hemophilia... Forgetting the past is easier said than done. You know it dies hard, and when it dies, it dies with you."

game2011

• magneiptVE
    • Unsurpassed ??asual Dating - Real Women
« Reply #246 on: September 05, 2012, 03:38:58 AM »
Defeating him will result in a secret code that is randomly generated, and the first person who mails him that secret code will be able to become his assistant in making Touhou games.  You only have ONE shot at trying to beat him, and he's easily the hardest boss in the series.  Failure in defeating him the first time will not result in the code appearing when you finally beat him.  The game is designed to detect your computer IP or whatever so that it will not show up on the same computer if you fail the first time.

What if you walk in on Suwako forcing Death Sauce down Kanako's throat?

EthanSilver

• Lunatic Programmer
« Reply #247 on: September 05, 2012, 04:03:21 AM »
Defeating him will result in a secret code that is randomly generated, and the first person who mails him that secret code will be able to become his assistant in making Touhou games.
Out of curiosity, how's ZUN going to know you're sending him the real code if it's randomly generated? :P

What if you walk in on Suwako forcing Death Sauce down Kanako's throat?

Now that's easy. Start chanting "CHUG! CHUG! CHUG! CHUG! CHUG!" while pumping your fist in an encouraging manner. ^-^

What if Chen made Nazrin into her shikigami?

Latest works
The Strongest

game2011

• magneiptVE
« Reply #248 on: September 05, 2012, 04:11:08 AM »
Shou comes to rescue, and Ran fights to protect Chen.  Mamizou stands at the side, rooting for Shou to win.

What if Aya finds herself bound in a room filled with traps, and in front of her is a television showing a footage of a clown doll that eerily resembles Momiji, and it is telling her to do this and that if she wants to live?

EthanSilver

• Lunatic Programmer
« Reply #249 on: September 05, 2012, 04:48:02 AM »
What if Aya finds herself bound in a room filled with traps, and in front of her is a television showing a footage of a clown doll that eerily resembles Momiji, and it is telling her to do this and that if she wants to live?
lmao, I love this one.

Latest works
The Strongest

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #250 on: September 05, 2012, 09:07:09 AM »
SAW AND TOUHOU TOGETHER
(or it could be SCP-993 with Momiji as the clown)

What if Touhou 14 was a regular Touhou game only with lots of playable characters, including Sakuya and Alice and some PC-98 characters were brought back?

Error

• No escape.
  • ˙ǝdɐɔsǝ oN
« Reply #251 on: September 05, 2012, 08:53:51 PM »
Phantasmagoria...of what, though?

What if the next fighting game featured only stage 1+2 bosses? (midbosses included)

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #252 on: September 05, 2012, 09:57:43 PM »
Hmm... That means we'd get; Rumia, Cirno, Letty, Chen, Wriggle, Mystia, Aki sisters, Hina, Kisume, Yamame, Parsee, Nazrin, Kogasa, Yuyuko and Kyouko.

DO. FREAKING. WANT. Seriously, you had me at Rumia.

What if Meiling took over the SDM with her manliness? (Seriously, I dare you to play as Meiling on Hisoutensoku for 5 minutes and not tell me she's the manliest thing ever)

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #253 on: September 06, 2012, 12:49:20 PM »
During the time no nosebleeds by Patchy and Sakuya and Flandre would happen...
What if Obama is really Mamizou in disguise?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #254 on: September 06, 2012, 01:15:10 PM »
We'd have had the first female president instead of the first black president. And Nue would be Michelle.

What if Flandre's power was creation rather than destruction?

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

game2011

• magneiptVE
« Reply #255 on: September 06, 2012, 04:08:51 PM »
Sakuya is going to have a field day making a big enough room using her space manipulation to store all the toys Flandre created.

What if ZUN officially declares Tenshi the most beautiful girl in the series?

EthanSilver

• Lunatic Programmer
« Reply #256 on: September 06, 2012, 05:19:12 PM »
What if ZUN officially declares Tenshi the most beautiful girl in the series?
Then we have proof the beer finally rotted through his brain. ;)

I doubt ZUN would have anything to say about her if he didn't have future plans involving Tenshi, so it may mean a sequel to SWR or her introduction in a shooter game. Maybe something done in the style of GFW but involving earthquakes and... peaches... or something?

It would also be a bit disappointing, considering Tenshi was largely a one-shot character, to see him focus on her rather than the more-important-but-still-underdeveloped characters. :/

What if ZUN got nostalgic and decided to make Touhou 14 on the PC-98?

Latest works
The Strongest

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #257 on: September 06, 2012, 05:43:48 PM »
There would probably be more sales of the PC-98 than when it was actually relevant.

What if Yukari really WAS 18 years old?

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #258 on: September 06, 2012, 11:24:55 PM »
There would be so many plotholes, Yukari would actually be called the Plothole Youkai, and have spellcards like ''Plothole sign - Lack of Continuity'' and it would have a pattern that never stays the same and would be so erratic, it would make everything explode.

The End.

What if Yuyuko clearly remembers everything from her past and is really just trolling the hell out of everybody?

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #259 on: September 06, 2012, 11:42:22 PM »
What if Yuyuko clearly remembers everything from her past and is really just trolling the hell out of everybody?

Yuyuko's story is so awesomely ridiculous that it actually wouldn't surprise me in the least if she knew all along who was under the cherry tree. It would probably cause some indignation, considering the great effort made by quite a number of them because of her. A revenge incident would be great.

By the same token, what if Byakuren just snapped one day, and waged holy war on Gensokyo?

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #260 on: September 06, 2012, 11:58:52 PM »
... I... Ugh... *falls on the ground, foaming and having violent spasms before going back to normal a minute later*

Sorry, I got some... Heart-Throbbing flashbacks. It would pretty much be the Holocaust 2.0, but Reimu would end this all anyway. Yukari can make everything write with a snap of her fingers anyway.

She's pretty much Gensokyo's Ctrl + Z

What if Flandre was actually perfectly normal and Remilia kept her locked away because SHE'S the one who's unstable and doesn't want anyone to know?

Imosa

• Any sufficiently advanced technology
  • is indistinguishable from magic
« Reply #261 on: September 07, 2012, 05:58:59 AM »
What if Flandre was actually perfectly normal and Remilia kept her locked away because SHE'S the one who's unstable and doesn't want anyone to know?
I feel like the shock would be very easy to believe, and everyone would try to play off that it was obvious.

What if all spell cards suddenly turned into spelling flash cards?

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #262 on: September 07, 2012, 06:03:12 AM »
Why do I need to know how to spell Kimontonkou or Syncretism "Manifestation of Mahavairocana"

What if Suwako joined Team 9?

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #263 on: September 07, 2012, 06:07:43 AM »
She would facepalm so many times, her face and hands would be constantly covered in blood.

What if Cirno became a goddess?

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #264 on: September 07, 2012, 08:15:15 AM »
GODDESS OF 9

What if Satori joined your school/work place, and she liked you but you only valued her as a friend?

Error

• No escape.
  • ˙ǝdɐɔsǝ oN
« Reply #265 on: September 07, 2012, 10:35:53 AM »
Depends on what you mean by like.
Regardless, I would be disturbed (at first) if I had a friend that could read my mind...but anyways...
If she's a stalker, I'd think of a restraining order.
Otherwise, a stray dirty thought would probably end in either scorn and embarassment, or unwanted intimacy.

What if Flandre adopted Yuyuko's personality?

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #266 on: September 07, 2012, 06:42:34 PM »
I'm... not sure. Yuyuko is completely crazy in a gentle and random cloud cuckoo lander way, so I guess Flandre could actually roam free in Gensokyo?

What if... Yuyuko had Flandre's personality? (Remember the whole invoking death part)

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #267 on: September 07, 2012, 09:58:51 PM »
Youmu would be afraid of Yuyuko and she might as well become the hardest 6th stage boss in history...

What if Gensokyo's entire boundary collapsed.

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #268 on: September 07, 2012, 10:08:53 PM »
Youkais. Youkais EVERYWHERE.

Which is awesome.

...For about 10 minutes until they eat us all :'D

Anyway, what if Tenshi had Byakuren's personality and vice-versa?

ShiroiMahotsukai

• White Mage with a Twist
« Reply #269 on: September 07, 2012, 10:16:15 PM »
Neither SWR or UFO would have happened because Tenshi would have been too paranoid about death and the plight of the Youkai to do more than attempt rescues and fight Shinigami. Wheras Byakuren would never have become someone who could gather the necessary followers to try and free her.

What if the Spellcard rules described a card game?
"The eyes are the windows that let us gaze upon the soul"