Author Topic: Suika Fortress: Cross Forum Edition! R.I.P CrossedHorns: (BAD END)  (Read 39156 times)

Re: Suika Fortress: Cross Forum Edition! CrossedHorns: Spring 111
« Reply #180 on: August 25, 2012, 02:02:29 PM »
I devolved into a kid! The horror!

Hope I dont wake up as cattle next time I die.

Totaku

• The Traveling Otaku of Gensokyo
  • I want to be a little NEET moon princess
« Reply #181 on: August 25, 2012, 02:42:17 PM »
Ok I have the save, but I'm not going to have access to my computer to write my intermission segment today. Mainly because renovation is taking place in my place today.

This might be fine right now since I'm still waiting for hear from Xan to determine if he's still playing or not. So I'll be giving him till Monday to respond.

If he doesn't respond by Monday, I will consider him out of the picture. and his name will be removed from the list and I will take my turn.

I will be working on the intermission inbetween that time. And if Xan does respond, I will attempt to try to cover the intermission as soon as possible.

So please watch warmly while the player (hopfully responds) if not, I'll bump this thread on Monday.
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otaku Kind.
Tsunami Channel Home of  Japanese webcomics Artist Akira Hasegawa.
My Deviant Art site gallery
Now I Twitter

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #182 on: August 25, 2012, 04:12:34 PM »
I'll just be down here smelting, where magma and zombies can't get to me.

Also hurr hurr Zombie Hakutakus. Lovely.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Totaku

« Reply #183 on: August 27, 2012, 04:10:43 PM »
Ok, since it's Monday here's the lowdown on what's going to happen....

Xan has not contacted me yet. And by Midnight tonight I will be declaring him gone and his name will be removed from the list.

I've also sent my intermission piece to go in for touch up and adjusting by NotaPirate. He said he doesn't have it ready yet though and will have it done by tonight.

So what will happen is, around Midnight, I will be posting that it'll be my turn if Xan doesn't contact me before hand.

Then I will posting the intermission piece (which should be done by then.) Then of course we'll see how I do with handling a Suika Fortress.

I've looked at the fort set up and I'm personally concerned.... I wonder how this will all play out...

A massive load of zombies on the surface, a number of zombies underground, and a small militia to fend off the threat....I really I can find a way to make something super effective in elminating the 100+ zombies that exsist on this map....
Now I Twitter

highzealot

• The Highly Zealous Let's Playing Wolf Lord
  • Suika and Russ: Ultimate Drinking Buddies
« Reply #184 on: August 27, 2012, 04:13:50 PM »
Personally, I believe we have two choices. Hide out underground forever or use a much better danger room than I had.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #185 on: August 27, 2012, 06:36:31 PM »
Best plan is to unleash magmadoom upon the surface world and cleanse the land of evil
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

« Reply #186 on: August 28, 2012, 12:44:33 AM »
Magma is actualy suprisingly useless against zombies, they are just set on fire and stay that way. Not that you would be able to pump magma to the surface in a year.

Besides atom smashers theres water flow traps, cave-ins, obsidian traps, and of course the regular traps.

Water flow traps seem to be the most useful one here. Cave-ins and obsidian traps require tedious reloading, spike and weapon traps less so but will be saturated too quickly with 100+ zombies around.

To make a water trap you simply make water flow over a path sideways, into some ravine of death (or better yet, storage for when we need it. This could go well with the zombie pit objective). Do not use too much water, else they wont path through it. 4 squares wide flow should be enough, excess water can be removed though the bottom layer of magma (the one you cant obsidianize, it just evaporates the water), or a map edge in the caverns. If you do this, try to make as little actual flow of water as possible by using pumps, saves a ton of fps.

Detailing traps is Fun!

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #187 on: August 28, 2012, 01:54:01 AM »
If the game stays in siege mode, though, you'll never get migrants or traders again

Totaku

Re: Suika Fortress: Cross Forum Edition! CrossedHorns: Spring 112
« Reply #188 on: August 28, 2012, 02:07:17 PM »
Xan's a No show! He's now officially out of the game! His named will be removed from the player list since he has not been able to contact me. Sorry Xan, but you should inform me when you have to go and vanish.

This means it's offically my turn now! Also... INTERMISSION TIME!!! Once again, special thanks to Not a pirate for fixing up my script.

?Marisa, I recall an interview between you and the...religious head figures?? Yukari inquired with a flourish of her fan.?

?Yeah, I did,? Marisa yawned, ?well, not that I know what they talk about half the time.?

?I see,? Yukari furrowed her eyebrows in concern, ?It worries me somewhat. More than I would admit.?

Marisa turned her head sharply, ?What do you mean?? Yukari was usually never this bothered. Mildly concerned, perhaps, sometimes not even enough for her to even talk about. Whatever she was thinking, and had to confide in Marisa, it was definitely important.

?Reimu, you, and a few others resolved every incident by these people, yes, but even as they had settled down in Gensokyo, I cannot help but think. What else could they be scheming, now that their previous plans had been foiled?? Yukari closed her eyes in deep thought.

?You?re one to talk,? Marisa grinned, ?well, if they do anything me and ol? Reimu?ll beat em up as as always.?

?Well, as of now I can only tell you to be cautious. With every year come new visitors, individuals that widely differ. It will only be a matter of time...? Yukari trailed off, leaving an uncomfortable silence hanging above the two. At least she snapped her fan shut, and gave Marisa a wry smile, ?well, if you take the time to prepare, you?ll understand soon enough. It?s just Reimu that I am most worried about.?

?Well, if she doesn?t do her job someone else will,? Marisa shrugged, ?noone is just going to sit on their bottoms and wait for her to resolve the incident, especially not me.?

?I suppose,? Yukari nodded, ?Just remember Marisa, there is always something more to someone. Learn about them not just on the outside, but in the inside as well.?

?Heeeeh,? Marisa mused, ?I?ll think about it, I guess.?

The conversation ended there, and the two proceeded to walk back to where Suika was. Halfway
through, however, Yukari spoke up again, ?One more thing, was the hermit over there, by any chance, the same one you mentioned in the Symposium??

?Yeah, what about it?? Marisa raised an eyebrow.

?Be wary of her. We have no idea what she really wants, and the fact that she has no fear of youkai makes her seem suspicious. more so from what she has done, and tends to do.?

Marisa nodded, despite the lack of concern for what the hermit may do. She had more things to do than watching over a hermit, her magic studies being the priority. After all, if Seiga tried anything, It would be Reimu, Marisa, or some other person who would pounce on her in a second, as with any other potential troublemakers. So she gave little notice to the warning, only thinking of what Suika had been up while she was gone.

?It seems that quite a few events have unfolded when I was gone. Unusual ones, I might add,? Yukari mused, peering at the game with mild interest.

?Yeah,? Suika agreed, ?some of my clones even seem to have minds of their own.?

?Well, in a world where time flows differently, I suppose even personalities can form,? Yukari frowned, eyeing a note that had been left on a table in the fortress. Blurring the boundaries, she managed to retrieve the tattered note. What it read was so unexpected, so curious that she could not help but laugh, ??The Chaos Undivided?, is it? Your kind certainly have interesting personalities.? She gave another chuckle, before tossing the note into the air, letting it flutter to the ground.

Marisa gave what seemed like a look between amusing and off putting, ?Gensokyo will burn, that?s...interesting.?

?Interesting indeed,? Yukari nodded, ?perhaps even I do not understand fully how this creation of mine works.?

Seiga looked up, curious at the conversation the others were having, ?I see, so this map before us is a world. A world that was created by you.?

?Yeah!? Suika bobbed her head up and down, ?Yukari set it up to challenge me!?

?Ah,? Seiga nodded in unison, smiling as she did, ?how amusing indeed...?

Feeling a tap on her shoulder, Suika turned sharply around, to see Marisa with a curious expression.

?Well?? She demanded, ?managed to catch one yet??

Suika scratched her chin awkwardly, ?well...no...?

?Heheh, really?? Marisa smirked, ?if you can?t catch a common thief, what can you do to stop me from zipping about and ?borrowing? stuff from you, huh??

Suika tapped her chin in thought, ?I could...smash you??

?Please don?t,? Marisa paled, ?look, I said catch a thief, not smash one to pieces, right??

Seeing Suika nod, she sighed a little and hopped up, ?well, it?s nice hanging out here, but I gotta go back and fulfill my end of the deal, before Alice drops by and clobbers me so, See ya!?

With that, she jumped on her broom and flew out of the shrine, leaving a trail of stars behind her, twinkling with the same enthusiasm that she had.

?Yeah, not that it matters,? Reimu shrugged, ?if anyone wants to try anything I?ll just beat them down. It?s my job anyway.?

Remilia flinched a little. She hadn?t forgotten how good Reimu was at danmaku. Turning over to Sakuya she beckoned her to go to the table where Suika and the rest were. She obliged without another word, and followed Remilia.

?How?s the vampire doing?? Remilia questioned as she neared the table, eying the fortress with a hint of concern.

?Shes doing...fine, I guess,? Suika looked over to the vampire, still alone in its room, ?there?s a good bedroom for her now.?

?Oh? That I?m pleased,? Remilia gave a pleased smirk, ?but, do tell me why she seems to be over there under a support beam??

Suika averted her eyes, fiddling her gourd with sudden awkwardness, ?well, you know, I thought it she?d look good under it and all...?

?Some strange tastes you have there,? Remilia muttered, mild suspicion written on her expression, ?well I?m pleased enough by your performance. Perhaps I might have you serve the mansion some day.?

?Do I get to have some booze?? Suika piped up.

?...I?ll think about it. Sakuya, let us head back,? Remilia nodded over to her servant, who gracefully headed to her side. With a dainty little hop Remilia left the shrine with the maid, her bat wings fluttering.

?Well, that?s a few guests gone,? Reimu sighed as she watched the vampire go with steady steps. She was glad to see them gone, not just Remilia, but the others as well. She had enough trouble serving and talking to them, nevermind cleaning after them. Sure, a ruckus once in awhile was fine, but sometimes there was just too much of that, not to mention that most of those who visit her end up driving off potential worshippers. At the very least, Sakuya had helped her out on the serving and cleaning end. Reimu was just about to head back and take a nap, only to see the other three individuals who were still in her shrine without showing a single intention of leaving anytime soon.

?...and a few others remaining,? she muttered, not the least amused. But there was nothing to do about it, so she sat herself by the end of the steps and looked onto her visitors.

?So Suika, when will this challenge thing end?? Reimu inquired.

?15 more years to go!? Suika commented cheerfully.

Reimu?s jaw was about to drop right onto the stone floor, until Yukari hastily explained, ?Time flows differently in that world, so the challenge will likely end at, perhaps a day or so? Well, twenty years is merely the minimum i had set for Suika,? she finished with another one of her wry smiles.

?Is that so?? Reimu gave a sigh of undisguised relief, ?well just don?t break anything, and bring some snacks next time.?

In response, Yukari pulled open a gap and stuck her hand in. After a few moments of rumaging a bowl of rice crackers dropped by Reimu?s side, ?in case you get hungry,? Yukari offered a smile, which did nothing to alleviate the suspicion that Reimu made no attempts to hide. Regardless, she stood up with the bowl telling the three she would prepare tea. She would have walked off then, had she not caught the sight of yet another strange individual, another girl, her blue hair tied to two small pigtails with hair bobbles, and covered with a green cap bearing a symbol. A girl who, yet again, Reimu unmistakably knew.

?Another one,? Reimu gave an unamused look before heading back into the shrine. Yukari or someone else can deal with Nitori and make her comfy. Reimu, on the other hand, was going to take a break; she was tired from cleaning the shrine and catering to her visitors.

?Hm, this device is picking up something, but I don?t see anything at all...? Nitori looked at her surroundings with a somewhat lost expression, sweeping what seemed to be a container of metal with a steel wire crudely attached to it. She continued wandering around, gradually approaching Yukari and the rest. Strangely enough, she noticed none of the three, only fixated at the ground and her surroundings. In fact, she might have continued to do so, had not Yukari gave a pleasant greeting to the kappa, ?good afternoon,? she said, giving a nod to the kappa.

It was then that Nitori finally looked up, and when she did, hastily jumped back in instinct, ?huh? Oh I?m so sorry I was just...? She paused, surveying her surroundings with renewed focus, ?eh? Isn?t this...?
?...the Hakurei Shrine, yes,? Yukari nodded again, ?you mean you didn?t know where you were??

?E-eh?? Nitori gave a flustered look, ?W-well, I just made this device you see, and it detects metal, so when I heard beeping from it I decided to search for some, and well,? she gave her surroundings one more sweeping look before asking in a timid voice, ?do you think there might be any here? I mean, that?s where my device told me to go...?

?There definitely are,? Yukari affirmed, gesturing to the table they were at, ?Nickel, copper, zinc, I assume you recognise some of these??

?Hmm?? Nitori took a look at where Yukari was pointing, her eyes lighting up as she identified every one of the metals listed, ?Yeah, I know these!?

She looked back at her device again, a somewhat crestfallen expression on her, ?Well, it works I guess, but if it can pick up such small deposits like these it?ll need some tweaking...?

?Why not have a seat and work here?? Yukari suggested.

?But I don?t have a...? Nitori clamped her mouth again when an entire workbench was pulled out of a gap and landed on the floor with a crash.

?What the heck was that?? Reimu?s disgruntled voice reverberated behind the sliding door.

?Oh, nothing,? Yukari cheerfully called back.

Nitori proceeded to poke the land with increasing curiosity, ?So, what is this strange map? It doesn?t look like anything I?ve seen.?

?Just a miniature world I?ve created for Suika,? Yukari smiled, ?A challenge to see if her smaller counterparts can survive, if you will.?

?Hmmm,? Nitori frowned, ?It?s strange isn?t it? Having an oni take this sort of challenge.?

?Perhaps,? Yukari shrugged, ?I do hope she can prove to be successful.?

Nitori gave another hum and continued scrutinising the fort. Her eyes darted from one mechanical building to another, her hands twitching as she did, ?That?s some really good engineering there.?

?Yeah, without them I wouldn't know what to do!? Suika nodded.

?But there has to be more you can do...? Nitori furrowed her eyebrows in thought. A moment of silence, before she finally snapped her fingers as an idea came to mind, ?I got it! How about a pump and plumbing system? I see magma and water below, you can definitely use these if you can manage to force it to the surface!?

?Oooh,? Suika widened her eyes. It hadn?t occurred to her then, but now that Nitori had suggested it, it definitely seemed like a brilliant idea.

?Oho?? Yukari mused, a look of amusement on her face, ?how very interesting indeed. Why don?t you give it a try, Suika??

Suika gave a cheery grin and nodded, ?sure!?

NEW CHALLENGE

Nitori's Challenge: Oni Engineering! Nitori wants to see what your kind is capable of in terms of building your fort using mechanical devices. This chalenge is open, but I'm looking for some interesting creativity. One of the core things that will be needed is a water pumping system and a magma pumping system. Afterwards, use the said systems to come up with creative devices, traps, farming, waterfalls, ect. The more creative you are , the more likely you will succeed at pleasing Nitori. I will be juding the outcoming results in the end of the period. You have till Spring 117 to create an interesting system!

As of today, my turn officially begins. I will have to Tuesday, 9 AM central time next week to complete my run! Stay turn for updates as they roll in!
Now I Twitter

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #189 on: August 28, 2012, 02:56:08 PM »
Undead: About the one issue in DF that !!MAGMA!! is not the answer for.

Although burning the bodies before they rise works.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

« Reply #190 on: August 28, 2012, 03:10:57 PM »
Good luck salvaging whats left of the fort, recommended is to lock everything up untill you got something good to kill off those zombies.

Also, Undead magma bug: The only bug that will never be considered a feature.

Totaku

« Reply #191 on: August 28, 2012, 04:59:57 PM »
Let's begin with a little intro of the passing of the torch....

Welcome to Crosshorns! Zombie Population:185, Suika Population: 35
Welcome to  the home of our Suika Fortress... 6 year and still kicking! We live quite happy lives underground! And as for me? Well I'm a cousin of my one of the earlier settlers that came here in the second year, he was a miner who worked hard and knew of zombie tag like no one's business. Yet somehow this cusion of mine met an unexpected death. The bigger problem is, no one knew the exact cause of the death either!

You want my opinion, I think someone's hiding secrets in this fort. And just trying to cover them up with the zombies as an excuse.

Sure the zombie is a big issue here, and apperently is the core reason we were all driven underground and put the entire fort on lock down. And our recent overseer seems pretty hell bent on paving way for what seems like the utter destruction. We are now down to 35 and as long as the zombies coninute to roam outside, we will never get more Suikas.

It is now spring time and the first of the month. We gather at the dining room in which Highzealot passes the torch to me as the overseer.

"My time has come to an end, as I the herald of the Chaos Undeviced, I pass thee the gourd upon you! May your reign be filled with destruction in it's wake...."

"Um.. ok.... thanks...." I said with a sense of hesitation.

I have to admit, Highzealot is rather strange for a Suika, she acts as if she's in an entirely different world. Talking about Papa Nergel and Chaos Undivided... it makes me wonder where she came up with this stuff... something tells me she see strange things in her sleep since coming here....

And as I prepare to make my speech I look around for a minute to see if everyone is here....

"Where's Purvis?"

"The False god is preparing to become part of the earth!"

"What?"

Just then....

CRAASSSHHH!!!

"WHAT DID YOU DO?!"

"I got rid of the biggest threat! It was my final act that I ensured needed to be done before I pass the gourd."

"But that was....!"

"A False Blood god, she needed to be eliminated...."

All I could do in plant slap my head on my face knowing that basiclly another Suika has now fallen to an untimely demise just as I was passed the torch... But I had decided right then I need to make my stand....

So I get into position and make my speech upon the small clan of Suikas that came to the overseer's "Passing of the Gourd"

Listen up everyone!

This is my year that I shall be the overseer that will help you all on achieving our goal. There are two major concerns that I must bring up! I've listen to the messaged spoke by The Great Suika in the Sky and she has told me that we need to find a way to elimiate the undead menace that now pleauge the surface. We have lived underground to way too long! And if problems contine to persist, they will only grow worse, which is why I will take upon my self to follow the words of the Great Suika in the Sky! We will eliminate the undead menace! But at the same time we must also remember what the Great Suika in the Sky has told us! She mentioned that we must also follow the word of the great hermit of the sky and the great kappa in the sky! We must make sure that not all the undead are killed off because they need to be put into good use.

We can't cannot run from the enemy no more! WE must make a stand, and WE must be able to face the threat! Living in this hole we made has cause nothing by concern and greif and we must be able to know how to use our skills to make use of the dead in this land and to make a fasinating device of engineering work! We have several years to complete it, but I will ensure that at least these things get started!

The time has come for us Suikas!

Let rise and show the great Suika in the sky that we can accomplish our goals!

WE MUST CONQUER THE SURFACE!

And with that everyone went off to do thier thing... as for me.... I'm tired and I need a drink..... this year is going to be rough....
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 07:14:53 PM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

highzealot

« Reply #192 on: August 28, 2012, 05:02:04 PM »
PLOT FOR THE PLOT GOD! STORY FOR THE STORY THRONE! LET THE GALAXY READ!

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #193 on: August 28, 2012, 08:47:12 PM »
Crossedhorns: (Suika) Population: 35 34

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #194 on: August 28, 2012, 08:59:49 PM »
Oh dear this will end up being !!FUN!!.

I vote atomsmash and abuse their pathing.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

« Reply #195 on: August 29, 2012, 03:49:04 PM »
I stand by my water trap. Nothing like a revervoir full of zombies.

Totaku

« Reply #196 on: August 29, 2012, 04:04:09 PM »
First Month of Spring Day 1

With my turn finally in place, I decided to go and get some rest; I knew the big day was coming up, and I needed to prepare for what was ahead? At the same time, I needed to look at the road that was paved over the course of the fort's past years.

To my surprise it seems we have a lot to contend with?.

There are 34 of us now? 11 of us are children? the remainder are adults capable of work.

What we had before us were?

The Great Zombie Siege on the surface? 100 + zombies roaming around looking for blood. We are outnumbered practically 4 to 1 when we exclude the children?

Underground, a giant beak-less mockingbird that secretes a strange substance lurks in waiting?.

In addition, we have undead Orinrin Hakutakus underground. We have threats at all angles, but in order to deal with them we need a plan.

Our supplies seem to be a bit difficult to obtain, but I think it can be done? I'm gonna nap now? deal with the problem once I get up?

First Month of Spring Day 11

I began by deciding to recruit Arashi Kurobara into the Military, as he was merely doing nothing in the fort. He seems quite skilled so I decided he could serve a much better purpose being trained by the others in the military...

First Month of Spring Day 12

I Proceeded to set up military in position for a risky but simple mission. There was an Inaba corpse sitting in the front that needed to be removed from the area before I could begin the core part of the zombie cleanup operation. By doing this, I may be able to calculate the military's strength?

I proceeded to open the gate and let them in. And thus the military attacked right away, which showed promise? Sadly, by the end of the fight, Arashi Kurobara had died in the hands of the Inaba zombies?

I gave orders for the team to proceed to haul the bodies to the corpse dump pile...

First Month of Spring Day 13

A mysterious death had taken place inside the fort. A child was killed by something, but it was unknown what it was. The troops scouted around until they spotted an Inaba hand that managed to reanimate.

They proceed to attack it, and Syanas, managed to get some of her teeth knocked out. Other than that, the threat was eliminated and the part was safely dumped.

First Month of Spring Day 20

All dead bodies accounted for, Hideiki was relived from duty since he was complaining of being thirsty. As it stands right now, the Zombie extermination count stands at 30,  Suika Death count is at 5. Not that bad, to be honest. Most of the deaths were from children who decided they wanted to play under the bridge at the time when the zombies wanted to come eat them? serves them right for not listening to orders?.

First Month of Spring Day 30

I started work on mechanism for the construction of the another project I had in mind, and layed out plans for the building of the new training room which will compose of 3 areas. One which will serve for basic training? one that will serve for archery?. and one more? that will be a surprise? even the military themselves might not understand?.

Second Month of Spring Day 1

Hideki complained to me about going back to the switches. so I decided Wymar would take on switch duty instead.
His reaction timing was a bit debatable though?

Second Month of Spring Day 12

How did a zombie parsee get in here?! The fort is still in lock down so it can't be possible except through the bridge gauntlet and I'm pretty certain nothing passed through there. high zealot was the first to confront the parseekkuri and take it on, but she was soon overpowered. The team managed to get to her but sadly by the time they killed it, it was too late. She had gone to the great Suika in the sky to become one with her once again.

There was only one thing to do since the corpse was in a dangerous location? Flip the switch!

Sooner or later we will have to make a memorial for you once again?

Second Month of Spring Day 18

We're splattering zombies constantly now, and we're doing very well to be honest. We're now down to roughly 135 in the record.

Don't know how many are part of the siege, but I'm certain the ones we must watch for are the Inaba. They seem to all be part of the siege. Sooner or later this menace will be over..

Last month of Spring Day 1

The miners have successfully dug out most of the area for the new training facility. All's looking well at the moment. But I'll have to wait 'till after they are done before I can begin the next step of the program. In the mean time, I'll be working on doors.

Last month of Spring Day 10

You know what, I want to know if what my cousin did was fun?. when the crew opens the gate to lure the zombies in? I'm making a run for it? I've been waiting to do this for a long time? I must do this!!

Last month of Spring Day 11

Mayor Patchy's Notes:

A Strange thing happen that day, the levers were pulled as usual to lure the zombies in as Totaku commanded only the next thing to occur right afterward was that Totaku made a mad dash to the outside.

"Totaku what are you doing?!"

"I'm going do what my cousin once did! Play Tag with the zombies!!! I must experience this feeling!!!"

That very moment, he made a dash to the other end ignoring our orders to turn back, and grabbed an Inaba's foot and yanked it completely off of the undead corpse.

"This will bring me luck!"

And those last words we heard from him before he ascended up the stairs? I have no idea what possessed his mind to do this, so I have given everyone the orders to try and make an opening and lure Totaku back in.

Last month of Spring Day 16

Mayor Patchy's Notes:

Our attempts to lure him back to the inside have not be successful. We open one gate, the zombies start heading torward it, we open the other, and the proceed to that. It's almost impossible to get him to come back. To make matters worse, apparently the slime is taking it's toll on his body?.

I hope he returns soon?.

Also we got word that some strange creature is on the loose underground. A quadruped made of salt and a shell that shakes... sounds kind of scary...

Last month of spring of 25

Mayor Patchy's Notes:

We got word that our leader, Totaku, died as expected - doing what he seem to be enjoying the most? playing tag with the undead? this was indeed insane?. but nonetheless I guess I'll be putting myself in his position for a while and cleaning up Totaku's desk in the next few days.

In the mean time, I've ordered everyone to proceed to work and to stay by the levers since it seems working in numbers is way more effective.

Last Month of Spring Day 30

Mayor Patchy's Notes:

This day almost ended in near disaster as a human corpse made it pass the traps and by passed the team but thankfully are military made short work of him.

I went ahead and cleaned up Totaku's desk only to find a note?

"To those that find this, I am probably already dead, I have decided that it was important to learn to enjoy the thrills in life and I long yearned to see the surface once more, even at the cost of my life. But I had made preparations in advance?

I've already contacted my second cousin and hopefully if he manages to makes his way here and survive, pass the gourd onto him. He will likely be able to keep things going. He's much like me in many ways, and he too would be interested in my plans. Please be sure to give him these?

I look through the notes and find what Totaku has been writing about?.

It's practically down right disturbing. He claims that the Great Suika in the sky told him that the hermit's wishes were to make the dead into a tool which we can use?

But how can one harness the dead?! They're dangerous and mindless husks! Is he downright insane?! Or is the he been driven mad by wanting to fulfill the wish of a hermit? If such an entity exists, she must not be a very nice person to have said such things. Any fool that would say such things would drive a Suika insane in due time?.

And there was one more note? sketches to a plumbing system, but they were all hard to read? so it was difficult to say if they were even possible? but apparently it had something to do with pumping magma and water? This might be a good solution to making the fort more useful? but do we have the suika power to do it?

I'm not sure what's going on, but I know one thing is for sure?. thankfully Totaku's prediction was right about one thing? the siege came to an end?. thankfully after a season's worth of time and effort?. Hopefully the summer will bring us plenty of more things to come?.

Welp that's it for the Spring report.... Highzealot died, I died, Arashi Kurobara died, and a bunch of meaningless children got crushed.... but in the end the seige has been vanquished.... So mission complete?

Hopefully my descendent will come in sooner or later... I don't mind playing as Mayor Patchy, but I would like to start getting Suikas sooner or later...

Also no drawings cause the events seem a bit plain to me....

Edit: Special Thanks to NekoRex for giving me a proofread version, because I usually have no time to look over my grammar. ^^:
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 05:05:47 PM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

highzealot

« Reply #197 on: August 29, 2012, 04:06:43 PM »
Meanwhile some where in the warp.

I died...AGAIN. What is this, the third time now? Sooner or later the great Chaos Gods will get bored with me and I'll stop being revived...or worse. They might give me to Slaanesh!

« Reply #198 on: August 29, 2012, 06:44:45 PM »
Hehehe, 3 significant characters dead, children crushed by bridges, over a hundred zombies murdered, and events were a bit plain. Were doing well.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #199 on: August 29, 2012, 09:02:03 PM »
I think I just got what Totaku is planning to do with those zombies. He's going to make an archery range with some fleshy targets, right?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #200 on: August 29, 2012, 09:11:45 PM »
Meanwhile some where in the warp.

I died...AGAIN. What is this, the third time now? Sooner or later the great Chaos Gods will get bored with me and I'll stop being revived...or worse. They might give me to Slaanesh! make me an elf! Parseekurri!

Fixed.

Wymar

• ⑨⑨
  • Apathy is a powerful mehtivator.
« Reply #201 on: August 30, 2012, 10:56:58 AM »
Mind you, that wasn't a single siege, but half a dozen consecutively invading armies that got undeadified.

Totaku

« Reply #202 on: August 31, 2012, 07:55:15 PM »
Ok time for the summer report! Also I want to correct one error... Patchy isn't the mayor, it's Patchouli... Which I'll admit it's easy to get confused since they are both named after the same Touhou character... but yeah sorry Patchy... ^^;;

First month of Summer Day 9
Patchouli's Notes:

According to the notes left by Totaku, I have been given orders to do the following, get full body armor of copper ready so that the army at least has some kind of armor to use, get gummy strings ready to be made into candy weapons. and to prepare the military room. I still question the intention of this room, but for now I will just let the crew do their thing.

First month of Summer Day 17

Patchouli's Notes:

The ghosts of the suikas of those that had died on the surface are starting to appear and pester other Suika in the fort.

I've decided that we must put them to rest, so I've given orders to have them tombs made in their honor?. Hopefully this will resolve the issue or spontaneous heart attacks among our ranks.

Second Month of Summer Day 1

Patchouli's Notes:

We got word that some Suika migrants have arrived despite the danger of this land! This must be the people Totaku mentioned about would come. We must get them inside as soon as possible. I have ordered the bridge to be dropped outside in the safest areas to get the Suikas to come inside.

Second Month of Summer Day 10

Patchouli's Notes:

It seems the attempt have failed as the Suikas are currently being chased by the undead. This calls for a group effort. I've ordered everyone to abandon their post and get to the switches to put them in quick succession to get the bridge to open and close when needed to crush the threats as they come into the fort.

Second Month of Summer Day 11

Patchouli's Notes:

Gappy withdrew from society, talking about making some invention and ran off to the masonry where she started gather stones and metal. We left her to do her thing while we continued to work with the switches.

Second Month of Summer Day 12

Patchouli's Notes:

I must get some of them inside!  The zombies outside are guarding the fort entrance and refusing to let them in. There is little we can do if sit like this. I've decided to send the militia to the surface. It is our hope, if we want to get any of them in here. They'll all become victims of the dead if they remain out there.

It wasn't long after they reached the surface that our small squad managed to make work of the zombies that blocked the entrances. I was rather impressed with their effort. Most notable was Scotty who manage to single shot kill most of the undead that were outside.

Second Month of Summer Day 17

Patchouli's Notes:

The militia's effort paid off. We got 5 of  the migrants inside out of 15, and one of them was Totaku the III. I decided to have a meeting with him as soon as he entered.

"So you're the one that our previous overseer mentioned?"

"Yup I got a message saying that he needed my help so I thought I come by to see if I could lend a hand. I didn't know it was that bad out here."

"Oh trust me, it's been worse, but we have been pretty much stuck in this predicament here for as long as we settled here."

"Heh, well from what I can see here, I might be able to do something about the matter so count me in!"

"Then here, take these note your kin left behind and the gourd that we passed upon him!"

She looked over the notes to what was being given upon her to do and her face brightened up with excitement.

"I knew she had many great idea, but to know that she is still listening to the great Suika in the sky is great!" I think these plans need to be put together as soon as possible! I'm gonna go get some booze and get started!"

And with that she took off to head down to the drinks? At least my responsibilities are over? however I can't help but look at Syanas. She looked like a total wreck. Maybe zombie depression syndrome runs in her family.

Second Month of Summer Day 21

Gappy got all the items to begin construction on her project. I wonder what end up making? Hopefully it'll be worthwhile? All we know is that she used slate, tetrahedrite, oval and square slate cabochons, gabbo blocks, and earth spider silk. Weird combination if you ask me.

Second Month of Summer Day 22

Dr. Purvis the II (one of the new members) to arrive has treated Syanas from her injuries, all she had was blisters from being caught in the slime rain. She's returned to her duties, but is still feeling very depressed?

Second Month of Summer Day 25

Purvis has been diagnosing the patients. So far, one child had suffered from a fractured rib due to a zombie attack, while most of other patients who were exposed to the slime were dismissed with only minor blisters. Omba's condition has yet to be diagnosed.

We also got word that one of our militia members, Scruffy has gone missing. We haven't heard from him a week following the attempt to protect the fort from the zombies the were preventing the migrants from entering?

Last month of Summer Day 2

Omba's injuries were diagnosed, her right hand was damaged badly, it needed surtures, dressing and immobilization. She's likely not going to be using that hand for a while, so she's going to be using her left hand to wield her mace from this day forward. At least her hand wasn?t completely gone.

Last month of Summer Day 7

Gappy finally created the artifact she wat trying to create...
It was a mechanism.... well on the bright side, the gear seems to have alot of our history on it...

Last month of Summer Day 10

Omba's injuries have been taken care of. She will now return to the military to continue her training.

Last month of Summer Day 12

Human Caravan has arrived. It looks fairly light, so they should arrive fast, but I will need to make sure they get in safely.

Last month of Summer Day 18

An ambush! And they took out the caravan in the cursed lands? it seems the biokkuri are determined to stake their claims even if it means becoming part of the dead. Sometimes I wonder what possessed their minds to do such things. Perhaps even their brains had been addled far too much?

Last month of Summer Day 24

Once again, the new Syanas has fell victim to zombie depression syndrome, it seems like a family curse if you ask me? she just moping around looking depressed as ever,and I don't think there will be much we can do? All I can hope for is that she moves toward the safe zone so we can lock her in?. otherwise I'll be busy trying to make use of our new team I'm putting together?

Last month of Summer Day 30

Things are still going slow, however I think we are about to make some serious headway with our equipment and gear.

I've made preparations for the military room. The base part of it is almost set. And I shall have the squad ready to perform work duty in it as of this fall.

Sadly the ambush resulted in the biokkuris and humans boosting the zombie population again which will mean I will be sending someone to perform bridge smashing duty again...
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 08:55:59 PM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

Totaku

« Reply #203 on: September 02, 2012, 10:15:44 PM »
A number of mishaps have happen in my home mainly because my parents has a tendency to forget that I have an air conditioner running and that when they run the microwave, they end up knocking out the power to my room resulting in my the lose of my progress...

I've already had this occur twice, and it's becoming very problematic.... so if the situation persist any more longer I may have to forfite my turn. I rathe not bring more burden than I already seem to be doing at the moment...

Also in the event I do make it through Autumn tonight/ tomorrow morning, I will also be asking for an extension. Because I have to do some designs tomorrow and need to complete them.

So long story short, if all goes well, I'll have this done by Thursday 9 AM.

I plan to abide by the rules thus why I've asked for the one time extension.
Now I Twitter

« Reply #204 on: September 02, 2012, 11:12:05 PM »
Hmm, normally kitchen electronics are grouped seperately.

You can try putting either your computer or the microwave on another power group, though you folks might not like all the wires running through the house ;)

Or save frequentelly, which is a good idea anyhow.

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #205 on: September 03, 2012, 01:24:13 AM »
I'll unfortunately have to /out from the player list, seeing as I won't have any appreciable amount of time to dedicate to games in the next few weeks.
Good luck guys.

Totaku

« Reply #206 on: September 03, 2012, 08:02:15 PM »
I'll unfortunately have to /out from the player list, seeing as I won't have any appreciable amount of time to dedicate to games in the next few weeks.
Good luck guys.

Ok I'll be sure to remove you from the list then.

Anyways, I do have some good news. I do have the Autumn done.

I still have someone go through and prooferead my stuff. Also have to get to drawing. I want to draw something for this event, but a lot of time restrictions may prevent me from doing so. I'll see what I can do regarding the event.
Now I Twitter

Totaku

« Reply #207 on: September 04, 2012, 01:31:29 PM »
    First Month of Autumn Day 3

I decided to enlist Notapirate into the militia since he could serve us well. He managed to take out a Kedama on his own while migrating to the fort when he first arrived. So what could go wrong with him serving the army?

First Month of Autumn Day 4

Highzealot seems to have obtained injuries when putting on his gear, He's had to check into the hospital to get treated? I've asked Dr. Purvis to look at him to determine what's happening.

First Month of Autumn Day 6

I got word that we have run out of copper bars, so I've went and asked the miners to dig up more Tetrahedrite to smelt for copper. I need to get our army fully geared up if we're going to get any migrants in here...
    First Month of Autumn Day 7

Dr. Purvis excused Highzealot as he only got blisters. Apparently the boot he put on still had slime from the surface. Nonetheless, he's been treated. Seriously though, I wonder if we had drank too much to not know what's on our gear?.
    First Month of Autumn Day 11

Working overtime to get the squad geared up to fight off the undead threat. We're making great progress, they should soon be ready...
    First Month of Autumn Day 17

Everyone's fully geared now Preparing to launch the counter offensive against the undead. Which will mainly entail the army + bridge smashing. The militia is preparing themselves at the bridge gauntlet and I'm awaiting for someone to get to the levers.
    First Month of Autumn Day 20

Things didn't go as planned. The militia seems to have forgotten to take responsibility and have abandoned Not a Pirate to take on the enemies themselves. As a result bridge smashing had to stop and in one attempt to hopefully stop the attack. Not a pirate got caught in the bridge as it lifted and got her horn broken off. It wasn't long after that she began to run away. I going to get the bridge lowered so we can get her back inside?.

First Month of Autumn Day 25

The militia manage to get outside rescue Not a Pirate, but it is too late? she had fallen victim to the wrath of the undead?. thankfully her body is in the safe zone, so she should be fine for now?.
    Second Month of Autumn Day 1

Migrants Arrived, but in the worst possible place imaginable. The dead were just waiting to get a hold of them the moment they set foot in this land? We must try to get them in here?.
    Second Month of Autumn Day 10

It failed?. no one made it inside?. and we lost a child in the process?. This has become very troublesome for me? our numbers our dwindling at a slow pace?.season by season?..
    Second Month of Autumn Day 15

Omba's going through tantrums from the fall of her friend and the recent zombie attacks. She's already killed a Water buffalo in her rage. And apparently toss a few things in the process?. hopefully she won't go into a rage anymore than she has?.
    Second Month of Autumn Day 18

Highzealot has been murdered by a ghost! It turned out to be the ghost of Grimelock! We need to deal with the getting this tombstones set up as soon as possible?. seems like ghosts are become a common issue now...

Second Month of Autumn Day 20

Someone didn't haul the Kimeemaru all the way to the corpse dumping area. I've had order to lock the room it was in till the militia was ready.

The plan was simple? have Omba go in and distract the Kimeemaru and then have Scotty shoot the thing. Seemed simple enough? except when I learned that they Kimeemaru was pretty tough. It took 3 shots in the face before the thing collapsed! And worse of all?

It managed to clamp it's jaws on Omba and ripped her right arm off!!! She was bleeding for a while, but some reason after the bleeding stopped, she just got up. I asked her about it and she just gave me a weird look. Maybe she was possessed or something.

Second Month of Autumn Day 23

Mayor Patchouli is now in a stranger mood and took over the jewelry shop. I wonder what she's gonna make?

Second Month of Autumn Day 25

Syanas finally died from her zombie depression syndrome that took about a full season before it took its toll on her through dehydration. As for now, we're hauling her body to be dumped?
    Second Month of Autumn Day 28

Mayor Patchouli finally got started on the construction of her artifact? considering it's at the jewelry shop, I wonder if it'll be anything worth while?
    Last Month of Autumn Day 4

Patchouli made a Crystal Rock Door, I guess it can be useful to decorate one's room, but look on the bright side, she can now produce cut gems with ease!
    Last Month of Autumn Day 6

Rumor are Arashi Kurobara's ghost are toppling stuff now. I need to get those slabs done?. before things get more problematic

Last Month of Autumn Day 7

After giving the order earlier this year, the gummy strings from my previous predecessor are now in progress of being made.

Last Month of Autumn Day 13

Grimelocke was finally put to rest, perhaps now the mysterious ghost murders will be put to an end

Last Month of Autumn Day 19

The Suika Caravan has arrived! I'm hoping they can get here safely, I'll keep the gate open for them.

Last Month of Autumn Day 23

Ambushes! Ambushes Everywhere! The Biokkuri are really determined to do something about the land of the dead. They're coming in ever growing numbers? I still get a feeling they won't make it, but we'll see...

Last Month of Autumn Day 25

A Caravan got destroyed by a band of zombies, thus the remaining Suika caravans left? and so another season without trading?.

Last Month of Autmn Day 27

With the end of the Autumn season at hand, we hear the sounds of the moaning of the dead aboveground disappearing?. It seems as if the biokkuris have managed to bring a large enough force to actually deal with the dead for once?. this is a frightening thought?

Last Month of Autmn Day 30

I have meant to work on this all year long, but it seem to keep getting interuppted due to all the situations that unfolded. But today I've got the digging team ready to start the digging of the "magma plumbing system"

Personally I wish this season went better, because it started out good, but slowly got worse? I have one more season to go

before my turn ends?. I just hope I can make a big recovery from the downfall that has happened her? we'll see how Winter goes?

Also this season had a lot of memoriable event worth  drawing, but I've been tied up ATM, so I couldn't draw them out.... maybe later?

Anyways, one more season to go...
Now I Twitter

highzealot

« Reply #208 on: September 04, 2012, 01:39:00 PM »
Meanwhile, HighZealot's soul is raging in the warp while awaiting revival.

So lets see my deaths, last founder to die, died sometime during my turn, died twice during your turn I believe. I think I've only survived more than a year only once.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #209 on: September 04, 2012, 02:17:20 PM »
Killed by a ghost twice as well :3c