Author Topic: Fraps Slows Down Massively on Games Before MoF  (Read 1336 times)

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
Fraps Slows Down Massively on Games Before MoF
« on: May 05, 2012, 02:13:03 AM »
I think the original topic was locked and I never got an answer.

I'm sure it has nothing to do with hardware because I can record Mountain of Faith and higher games perfectly fine. Everything else was lowered to around 30 FPS, when I record with Fraps. Is there some kind of thing with DirectX or something? I'd use a different recorder but I'm really picky and nothing records as well as Fraps.

Point of the matter is, it might be something with the DirectX on the older games, I have no bloody idea. Is this just an unfixable issue that some people have and some people don't? That makes no sense and there's got to be a reason.
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

Tony-Chops

• Nothin but us chickens here!
Re: Fraps Slows Down Massively on Games Before MoF
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 10:17:40 PM »
Well that shouldn't be the case if I'm able to record at 60 fps and full-size for all of them.  Used to be unable to record for more than 2-3 minutes at a time due too many clashing or junk files that contributed to either major slowdowns or crashes while using Fraps. It wasn't until that I reformatted that it somehow fixed itself.

The only answers I can give is either have something like CCleaner  or some tool that can clean up some of the .dll junk / clashing DirectX files, use disk defrag or disk cleanup the computer. Or reformat (as a last resort) and then try playing the then.

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
Re: Fraps Slows Down Massively on Games Before MoF
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 12:28:52 AM »
Tried it, doesn't help, but thank you for trying.
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.