Author Topic: Let's Fail Touhou Submissions Thread - Volume 4 Done!! Submissions open!  (Read 84422 times)

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
Re: Let's Fail Touhou Submissions Thread - Volume 3 Done!! Accepting for Volume 4
« Reply #330 on: November 25, 2012, 07:35:17 AM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=25483 thres a few in my 1CC clear of SA. The first one happens at the beginning of Satori's first spell card, then in stage 5 just as I reach the item collection border after Cursed Sprite "Zombie Fairy", Orin decided she wanted a hug :V then right as Utsuho starts exploding at the end of "Hell's Artificial Sun", I get clipped JUST before the bullets dissapear and fail the capture :V
Livestream Artstreams|Youtube
3DS Friend Code: 0748-2156-8970

Re: Let's Fail Touhou Submissions Thread - Volume 3 Done!! Accepting for Volume 4
« Reply #331 on: December 01, 2012, 10:19:02 PM »
It's really worthy because of the stupid deaths:
Code: [Select]
http://speedy.sh/CWSnb/replay.rarEoSD Marisa B and PCB whatever-character pacific.

« Reply #332 on: December 14, 2012, 08:36:30 PM »
The start of Nazrin's nonspell.

Also when will volume 4 come?
Getting clipped since Feb. 2012.

Youtube

Tumblr

« Reply #333 on: December 28, 2012, 01:13:53 PM »
It seems that people forget that this thread exists. :V

Youtube

Tumblr

996m PCB normal run, 100m lower than my high. Technically a better run if you don't count stage 6. Now where do I start here. Died on Youmu mid spell, died on second non, bombed on the butterflies+bubbles spell, died to homing lasers, died and bombed to the spell before reflowering, died twice to reflowering...Yeah, I think I lost a good 200m at least. Goddamn that sucked... Let's not even mention my Lunasa opener death or my death on Youmu's first. Or not having a border for the spam in stage 5 and having to use 2 bombs to collect the items. Or dying to the red bullet fairies before the death fairy in stage 4. Yeah, let's not go there.

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Just posting so this thread doesn't auto lock.

Also I'm still waiting for volume 4 to come.

Youtube

Tumblr

Heh. This topic is made for me.  :3
This is what happens when you fail a lot in UFO.
Game: Touhou 12 Undefined Fantastic Object
Player: Sanae A
Stages: 1 & 2
Difficulty: Normal
I ran into random bullets in both levels. Mostly stage 2.
Currently a normal player

« Reply #339 on: February 13, 2013, 12:52:35 PM »
Volume 4 anytime soon?

Youtube

Tumblr

Ozzy

• Veteran Danmakufu Scripter
  • Currently working on a full Touhou fangame!
« Reply #340 on: February 14, 2013, 09:24:54 PM »
Greetings people. I've shelved this thread for long enough. It's time to go back to work on this, though I have a massive backlog of replays to go through. I'll try to pull replays old and new. Part of the reason I stopped a while back was that a great deal of my computer's hard drive was unexpectedly lost, including some of the recordings I had already made.

I apologize for making everyone wait so long but I'm now ready to get back to it!

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
Livestream Artstreams|Youtube
3DS Friend Code: 0748-2156-8970

« Reply #342 on: February 19, 2013, 08:50:20 PM »
So a couple days ago, I decided to mix things up a bit, relax, play some easy mode. I'd played Easy mode only a couple of times before, and had never played through IN as ghost team before.
During this run, I figured that the run would start to fall apart around the back half of stage 4 like it usually does, but I actually manage what I believe is my best stage 4 performance to date!

...And then I proceed to die three times in a row to Tewi. (And that's not counting the fairy death immediately prior.)

That's not the craziest part though: I end up walking away with the 1CC! (Sure, it's an easymodo FinalA max-lives 1CC, but still... my first 1CC of anything, on any difficulty, ever!)

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #343 on: February 24, 2013, 02:36:59 PM »
To be weird, I decided to practice Stage 4 of Ten Desires with Reimu on Hard.
The amount of stupid deaths is amazing. Once to Seiga's midboss spell, once to Tongling Yoshika, and twice to the nonspell after that, which I generally am good at doing. Then I capture Seiga's last spell without even attempting to play it well. What the hell?
The madness is here.

Piranha

• Hungry Ghost
« Reply #344 on: February 27, 2013, 09:59:30 AM »
SA Normal, ReimuB.
Getting to Stage 4 without deaths, leaving Stage 4 with no extra lives.
DAFUQ?

It has been 3 months since, and barely a dozen attempts in all that time. Need to play more, damnit.
Normal 1cc: EoSD (All), PCB (All), IN (All teams), PoFV (Reimu), MoF (All), SA (ReimuA/ReimuB)
Extra stages cleared: EoSD (ReimuB), PCB (ReimuB)
StB: Level 6-X left
My Replays

fsvgm777

• One of the only Touhou fans from Luxembourg... I guess.
  • Oh, I'm just a concerned observer.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
This was a good run, but near the end of Stage 4, a ying-yang orb decides to hug me. The results are obvious.

Jmyster

• Knives
This came during one of my first runs of SA (which is obvious by the way I move/react), but contains my best death ever at the end of stage 2 (last spell card). I stopped the run because I was laughing so hard.

KAMIKAZE
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 11:19:44 PM by Jmyster »

SusiKette

• @MainLoop { yield; }
Here is my fail. (hopefully attached correct replay)
I was practicing Hollow Giant "Woo" and I was so concentrated to the other bullets that I didn't realize that bullets spawned next to me. As I started repeating the pattern I successfully did before the fail I hit the bullets next to me...

EDIT: It's for IN btw (if you didn't already know)

Youtube

Tumblr

Ozzy

• Veteran Danmakufu Scripter
  • Currently working on a full Touhou fangame!
And finally, Let's Fail Touhou Volume 4 is finished!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdR8T63IOzY

Thanks to all who contributed! If I misrepresented your name in the video or description please let me know. I mostly used people's nicknames to credit them. Also know that I have a huge backlog of replays to go through so if yours didn't appear than it's very likely that I just haven't gotten around to seeing it yet.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
Re: Let's Fail Touhou Submissions Thread - Volume 4 Done!! Submissions open!
« Reply #352 on: April 07, 2013, 03:15:26 PM »
Eff yeah, now I can go back to submitting more horrible failures.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #353 on: April 22, 2013, 08:05:29 PM »
Bumping this for more fail!
I got to Flandre without losing any lives. Then her first nonspell starts... Man, that and Cranberry Trap were just inexcusable on my part.

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=27928

LadyScarlet

• Too lazy to make this a gif right now
  • Still scumming for a good pull
« Reply #354 on: April 26, 2013, 02:56:30 AM »
This. Just... this. I start derping on the fairy just before the Prismrivers and it only gets worse from there.  :colonveeplusalpha:

Granted, it was my first time using a stick for shmups in a while, but that's no excuse for clearing the stage with TWO LIVES.
My Youtube Channel. I mostly upload Hisoutensoku videos.

« Reply #355 on: April 26, 2013, 03:41:07 AM »
Well, here's a daily run of Touhou 7 and 8's extra stage for me.
Touhou 7
Touhou 8
Currently a normal player

CyberAngel

• Retired
Don't you love when you die right as a sepllcard ends and all those items you'd autocollect stay onscreen? Well, I had such a moment right before Yuyuko's "Resurrection Butterfly", when it's a full screen of Cherry items. And I somehow forgot which game I was playing and rushed to POC :colonveeplusalpha:

Youtube

Tumblr

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
Touhou 6 Extra mode fail while trying to clear the screen using the full power mode (it comes after the blue-wave spamming faires at the start)

My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=28218

Shotgunning Alice at the beginning of Stage 3 was a bad idea.