Author Topic: Touhou Rage Thread XII "Stupid Walls of Cussing" Edition  (Read 196172 times)

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
Re: Touhou Rage Thread XII "Stupid Walls of Cussing" Edition
« Reply #120 on: March 13, 2012, 01:50:06 AM »
Now, Nazrin and Kogasa - you guys are NOT off the hook this time.
Killing me in stage 1 midboss spell - NOT COOL
Killing me in 1st spell - NO
Killing me with extremely troll pendulum card that keeps "buzzing" for 20 seconds at 0.00001% health - NOT COOL
Random death even with SanaeB 4.00 power in Parasol Star Memory - NO
Clip death randomly on second nonspell - WHAT
Snipe me with groups of horizontal rain - NO
Last card - LOL autobomb

I don't see why you'd have a hard time, Busy Rod Lunatic wasn't hard for me when I played NORMAL MODE.
Why would THAT spell kill you?
If hard, I feel you. If Lunatic, not as hard as Hard.
OH DEAR GOD I HATE THAT CARD TOO
What
You'll get better~
WHAT BUT THAT'S HER EASIEST CARD
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #121 on: March 13, 2012, 02:10:22 AM »
I don't see why you'd have a hard time, Busy Rod Lunatic wasn't hard for me when I played NORMAL MODE.
Midboss card is at 48/86. I always die to it in the most random of occasions. Imo moving that quickly across the screen isn't that easy for me, and I couldn't do it until a couple of months ago.
Why would THAT spell kill you?
It's surprisingly easy to die to Nazrin's first card for some reason - especially if I don't kill it by the second cycle - diagonal lasers and bullets from all directions swamp me.
If hard, I feel you. If Lunatic, not as hard as Hard.
The hard mode Nazrin Pendulum is total BS, the lunatic one just like to keep me guessing how many more bubbles I have to dodge before it ends, and often I run into the timeout phase and die.
For stage 1, it's not that I die that often to a particular card, but that I seem to always die to something, causing me to restart - as I won't allow more resource expenditure than 1 bomb in stage 1.

OH DEAR GOD I HATE THAT CARD TOO
My capture rate on Parasol Star Memories is the highest amongst Kogasa's cards, thanks to SanaeB
What
The second nonspell requires precise movement that I'm bad at.
You'll get better~
I can capture the rain card as long as I can spot the group of horizontal bullets that spawn right beside me and move away, but god they are hard to see, seriously.
WHAT BUT THAT'S HER EASIEST CARD
I have never captured Kogasa's last card despite having a few tries getting close.

Basically, trying to capture any of Kogasa's stuff risks death.

(playing as SanaeB in lunatic mode)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 02:34:20 AM by Kanon »

Byaaakuren

• Youkai Jesus, Queen of the Monks
    • Animu List
« Reply #122 on: March 13, 2012, 02:14:26 AM »

What.

Now, Nazrin and Kogasa - you guys are NOT off the hook this time.
Random death even with SanaeB 4.00 power in Parasol Star Memory - NO

Kogasa is tough :< I ended up having to safespot PSM in one run and I still didn't feel safe

I thank my friend for the sig <3
My noob replays :V
Tumblr (I post NSFW stuff there)

« Reply #123 on: March 13, 2012, 03:49:12 AM »
Just attempted 90FPS MoF Hard.

So close.

So. Fucking. Close.

Going into Virtue of Wind God, one life to spare, 3 power. Almost no life left, game over.

KANAKO YOU CAN JUST FUCK OFF.

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #124 on: March 13, 2012, 10:20:03 AM »

:derp:

Enjoy.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #125 on: March 13, 2012, 06:14:50 PM »
I think he means "when I was still playing on Normal most of the time".

By the way, you bet I'm going to rage.avi if all my ridiculously good runs get thrashed by the biggest bullshit you can find. It's different stuff every time, too - it's like the game's trying to impress/surprise me with the bull it generates again and again.

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #126 on: March 14, 2012, 12:18:09 AM »

By the way, you bet I'm going to rage.avi if all my ridiculously good runs get thrashed by the biggest bullshit you can find. It's different stuff every time, too - it's like the game's trying to impress/surprise me with the bull it generates again and again.

How is it that my memory fucks up but you get the gist of what I meant?

:derp:

Anyway, I fucking hate Touhou right now. I'm fucking everything up left and right and I can't do a damn thing right. Example: UFO Normal, I screwed up Nazrin's last card.

NAZRIN'S LAST CARD. ON NORMAL. SOMETHING I HAVE ENOUGH EXPERIENCE WITH TO MATCH UP AGAINST BASIC ALGEBRA. WHAT THE FUCK. WHAT THE FUCK. WHAT THE FUCK.

it's like the game's trying to impress/surprise me with the bull it generates again and again.

Yes I'm calling myself Ulysses S. Grant. Shut up.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 01:11:33 AM by Esupanitix »

Enjoy.

pineyappled

« Reply #127 on: March 14, 2012, 04:30:43 AM »
Played PCB for the first time in about a year.
Yuyuko, please don't ruin a 1cc in the last five seconds of your last spell because good god that's an asshole thing to do.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #128 on: March 14, 2012, 01:07:28 PM »
I finally, finally get through TD Lunatic's first five stages matching mithril's path perfectly, only to die twice on Futo.

Why the fuck can't I stop dying in this game? Can I have a fucking answer, pretty please?
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #129 on: March 14, 2012, 08:38:24 PM »

See that laser to Reimu's upper left? I did not move from that spot, and the game claims that it hit me. I am convinced the game is lying.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #130 on: March 14, 2012, 08:42:36 PM »
Looks like it would Malkyrian.  Those lasers are all hitbox and as such, very very clippy.

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #131 on: March 14, 2012, 09:36:51 PM »
Can't do 90FPS MoF EASY, of all things.

Can't do 60FPS MoF NORMAL for shit anyway.

I can't dodge a fucking thing that I was able to. I damn near died five fucking times to Mountain of Faith.

Is winning suddenly too good for me, you idiotic excuse for a god, you fucking faux pas of a shrine maiden, speed-happy moron that should've burnt up a long time ago, and Kappa that I actually mildly enjoy except for your last fucking card, save for the name of Hard mode for its overuse of vowels?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 10:28:23 PM by Esupanitix »

Enjoy.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #132 on: March 14, 2012, 09:58:32 PM »
Looks like it would Malkyrian.  Those lasers are all hitbox and as such, very very clippy.

I agree. Let's take a closer look.

As you can see, Malkyrian, the point of the laser is just touching the edge of your hitbox. Even if we say it's a graze - and it doesn't look like one - as it continues traveling forward, the widening length of the laser would have completely taken out the hitbox.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #133 on: March 14, 2012, 10:44:03 PM »
Dear Ran Yakumo,

Why do you make me scream my head off like this? Is it because I beat you on Ultra Extra like I didn't even try? Do you hate me just because I think your theme is mediocre compared to the others'? Why do you hate me?

Enjoy.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #134 on: March 14, 2012, 10:46:02 PM »
I'm assuming you're talking to Phantasm!Ran or something because otherwise that made no real sense ._.

Wait, CTC?

(Does Ran appear in that game?)

Hmmmmm...

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #135 on: March 14, 2012, 10:59:38 PM »
1. I'm assuming you're talking to Phantasm!Ran or something because otherwise that made no real sense ._.

Wait, CTC?

2. (Does Ran appear in that game?)

Is it because I beat you on Ultra Extra like I didn't even try? Do you hate me just because I think your theme is mediocre compared to the others'? Why do you hate me?

I think that answers which one I'm talking about. It's PCB Extra!Ran if you couldn't tell (Which is incredibly likely because I was talking about Ultra Extra).

2. Stage 4 in all four routes, the boss of Stage 4 is the Yakumo Trio, primarily Yukari.

Enjoy.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #136 on: March 14, 2012, 11:12:05 PM »
Why... would you be mad at her if you "beat her like you didn't try?"

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #137 on: March 14, 2012, 11:30:26 PM »
Because clearly now Ran is destroying him with the ultra patch on.

Go fight ultra Yukari, I actually find her easier than Ultra Ran (5/0 clear vs. a 2/3 I think)

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #138 on: March 14, 2012, 11:50:26 PM »
Because clearly now Ran is destroying him with the ultra patch on.

Actually I've beaten both she and Yukari consecutively before on Ultra.

Ultra~Extra Ran defeat with SakuyaB w/Autobombs.

Ultra~Phantasm Yukari defeat with SakuyaB w/Autobombs.

Because now I can't beat her normally.

Enjoy.

Chuckolator

• ex-perfecter, good times
« Reply #139 on: March 14, 2012, 11:53:26 PM »
Facing Kanako on Lunatic for the first time, and I bomb Yamato Torus a few frames before it ends. Still beat her in the end, but it always sucks to not get that 1/1 when I clearly could. >_>
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.
Best perfects so far include UFO 6, MoF 4 and IN 6A.

formerly known as Seiga Kaku

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #140 on: March 15, 2012, 12:16:39 AM »
...AHAHAIHSIHOIEHGPIOWEHGIOSWEHGISOHGKLSDHGTOPLISHGT

THIS IS SO FUCKING FUNNY

I FUCKING FAIL AT EVERYTHING NOW AS IF I'VE NEVER FUCKING PLAYED THESE GAMES ONCE IN MY- NO, AS IF I'VE NEVER PLAYED ANY FORM OF A SHMUP ONCE IN MY LIFE BEFORE

MY NOSE IS BLEEDING. THAT IS HOW HIGH MY BLOOD PRESSURE IS RIGHT NOW. FUCK.

You do not want to know how badly I want to shout death threats at ZUN right now. I've bitten into my arm so much today that I nearly cracked my lower jaw. I've actually managed to make an evil laugh that can top anyone else's.

Alright, let me be frank here.

Touhou pisses me off all on its own. Its patterns are elaborate and fun but they have an inexplainable way of just pissing me off. I'm sorry, I've even lost motivation to play these games, for the most part. I still think these games are fun, they've just caused enough mental and physical trauma to cause a bit of hatred. You've seen the last rage thread from page 3 on, you've seen my few other posts, you know just why I have grown to hate these games as much as I like them.

I still enjoy Touhou games simply for their music and patterns that aren't purely cheap and difficulty spike reliant (I.E. Keine being the boss that makes the fights go from fucking easy to what the fuck is this shit I fucking hate you Keine).

Enjoy.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #141 on: March 15, 2012, 12:31:38 AM »
Touhou pisses me off all on its own. Its patterns are elaborate and fun but they have an inexplainable way of just pissing me off. I'm sorry, I've even lost motivation to play these games, for the most part. I still think these games are fun, they've just caused enough mental and physical trauma to cause a bit of hatred. You've seen the last rage thread from page 3 on, you've seen my few other posts, you know just why I have grown to hate these games as much as I like them.

I guess this was only a matter of time.

To be honest, I didn't know how many of your posts are intended comedy, especially considering how often you post here. I don't understand if you just enjoy being enraged or if you're really, really frustrated and a little too pumped about 1cc's. But I don't think the games "caused" you any mental trauma, and they sure didn't cause you physical trauma. If you're physically hurting yourself over game frustration, maybe it's time to move onto the manga. The problem isn't the games.

Beyond that, my only suggestion would be to try and approach the games with a different mindset. A lot of people in this thread have suggested a sort of "enjoy being in the moment" approach; taking it one path and one spellcard at a time. This is good advice, and I think you oughta take it to heart. You might end up enjoying the games more and biting your own arm less.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Vibri

• yo, the beats are strong
  • but the night is long
« Reply #142 on: March 15, 2012, 12:33:26 AM »
You'll love Futari S3 probably
keep getting overly worked up about individual instances of failure it's clearly doing you a world of good

KLH

• 47 accounts in my account account
« Reply #143 on: March 15, 2012, 01:08:37 AM »
You'll love Futari S3 probably
keep getting overly worked up about individual instances of failure it's clearly doing you a world of good
ohoho that slaps me on the knee

Well, let's see if he will even get that far on Ultra before ragequitting.

Esupanitix, you are more than capable of being an excellent shmup player, but it is abundantly clear that your attitude will keep you from getting better. I hope that you will stop raging over every occurrence of failure, because you will only encounter more of these in the future as you progress to more difficult challenges.

Anyway, vertical screen tearing has been killing me in my recent vertical play test runs. Bullets appear at a certain vertical position on one side of the line, then jump to another position across it. Cue running into bullets horizontally.
I'll probably make a dual-boot setup with Windows 7 64-bit and Windows XP, just so I can play these games without compatibility issues.

2hu is a ghey shooter pl@y COD you f@gs
COD 4 life #swag #yolo #360noscope #lensflare #Skrillex
Main YouTube Channel
Main Reupload Channel

XephyrEnigma

• :|
  • XephyrEnigma
« Reply #144 on: March 15, 2012, 01:29:09 AM »
Esupanitix,  LISTEN TO THESE PEOPLE. You're certainly a competent shmup player. But, I agree with Ammy.  It's almost like, you're trying too hard. Stop concentrating on the end result and learn to just go with it. Maybe that'll stress you out less.
Iced-Fairy: "Danmaku is like soccer, except instead of hooligans you get fairies and the riot is before the game." 

My YouTube channel where I often screw about - Latest Upload: IN Border Team Easy Clear

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #145 on: March 15, 2012, 01:41:48 AM »
I tried to earn the label of "competent shmup player," until I took an arrow to the hitbox.

Fucking Futo.

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #146 on: March 15, 2012, 01:43:30 AM »
Alright alright, I've found the solution of curbing my perfectionist mindset with DoDonPachi (Original, not DaiFukkatsu or Daioujou), and to tell the truth it's allowing me to bomb when I feel like I'm going to die like a twit with five bombs in stock a lot better because Touhou looks easy and is hard, but DoDonPachi looks and is hard. Hopefully it'll get a lot better from here on.

To be honest, I've made up a lot of reasons of getting mad or incredibly frustrated in the form of Fuck you ZUN I want to stab your kidneys and all that. I don't have many friends that play Cave games (If Zengeku counts as one, he's one of two), and none of them are elitist. I just hated the idea of bombing because that was the kind of mindset I was exposed to when I started playing these games seriously (And by seriously I mean not asdfhaahahasnshaoaholpghoahshfoahtoahgyayigotkickedinthehead all over the god damn screen). Overdrive didn't help either.

I've intended SOME (About 30%, and these are the more serious ones) posts for the sake of humor, and if I get incredibly mad, expect it to be for the same reasons Malkyrian will rage: CLIPPING LIKE A MOTHER FUCKER. I'm actually starting to grow more refined into the Shmup genre now that I've tried out the "1cc Now Perfect Later"/"Can I do THIS correctly at least?" mindset combination. I'll retain my original mindsets for the first 1 to 2 stages of a Touhou game (Save for god damn UFO because I hate its guts), but I'll actually start spamming bombs if I feel I should instead of NO NO NO WHAT IF I NEED IT LATER, now replacing it with FUCK LATER THIS IS NOW FUCKING BOMB YEAHHHHHHHH, and I might actually be able to 1cc a fuckload of games on Lunatic out of my ass.

I'll try to stay away from Touhou for a while and just play DoDonPachi and MushihimeSama Futari for a while. The change in music might be for the better :V See you in the Shmups thread~!

I tried to earn the label of "competent shmup player," until I took an arrow to the hitbox.

Fucking Futo.

Don't act like you're the only one who feels that way. It's happened to me a fuckload of times too. Just bomb if you feel you're going to die. Clipping, though, I can understand not bombing unless you're able to deathbomb like me.

Enjoy.

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #147 on: March 15, 2012, 02:00:32 AM »
I'm back with UFO lunatic raging. Seriously, why can't I have a decent run? Does the game hate me or what.
Stage 1 - why do I always, always die somewhere. This is seriously getting ridiculous. Good runs through it are so few and far between, and it's such a huge deterrent from me doing a run as I end up spending half an hour trying to get through stage 1 without stupid deaths.

Stage 2 - why do I always, always die in the stupidest way possible? If it's not the midboss spell, it could well be running straight or backing up into a bullet right before and after. Not to mention I could screw up the UFO chain and end up missing multiple life pieces. During Kogasa, I can capture Parasol Star Memories and then proceed to die immediately to the 2nd nonspell. I hate this stage.

Stage 3 - do I need to say more? 1 UFO missing - death due to not be able to summon UFO in time to cancel bullets. Ichirin's nonspells - I hate you with a passion. I KNOW how to do them. I'm good at doing them, but always, always, only during an actual run, never during practice, do I accidentally die to them. WHY?

Stage 4 - I can never kill the red UFO in time during the teal-bullet streaming section, even with Sanae B 4.00 power. It always works during stage practice, but never works during an actual run. WHY? Also, obligatory rage on Murasa. Always, always a stupid death in either the 1st spell or the 2nd nonspell, both of which are so simple that I want to headdesk for it.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #148 on: March 15, 2012, 04:14:46 AM »
UFO hard Stage 6...WHY CAN I NOT EVEN GET PAST THE SECOND PHASE OF LFS

AND WHEN I DO, WHY DO I DOUBLE KO

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #149 on: March 15, 2012, 05:26:26 AM »
UFO, DID YOU SERIOUSLY JUST DO THIS TO ME?
Enter stage 3 5/0 - my best record ever, perfected stage 1 and cleared stage 2 perfectly according to plan.
Die 3 times before Ichirin, once by running into a wall head on, once by running back into streams of bullets, and once by running into the green UFO. This would have been in the derp thread, IF I WEREN'T ALREADY TRYING SO GOD DAMN HARD IN THIS GAME WITH MORE THAN 2885 ATTEMPTS AND STILL CAN'T GET BY WITHOUT HAVING SO MANY STUPID STUPID MISTAKES. WHY CAN'T I STOP MAKING STUPID MISTAKES? THIS GAME HATES ME!!!!!!!