Author Topic: Neo Waking up From the Dream Registration/Discussion Thread Mark 2 - Reg Closed  (Read 76659 times)

Kakyoin

• The truth is all that matters.
  • Nothing more, nothing less.
Character Profile Evaluation

Grimarg(Character: Andreas "Andy" Jaeger)
Approved. Very detailed and descriptive, I enjoyed reading about his backstory in particular. The whole group "acting" thing pre-convention was interesting. Also, dat theme song. xP

Kuribohlv9(Character: Den)
Approved. I found it funny that Den likes to wear his school uniform as often as possible, just like my own OC's partner Mayli (who is an OC herself). Interesting that he has no problem relieving his boredom with crime, but he prefers to stay out of fights. I look forward to seeing him in-story.

Former GM of the Neo Waking Up From The Dream Forum RP.

Inside this cold heart is a dream, that's locked in a box that I keep buried a hundred miles deep, deep in my soul in a place that's surrounded by aeons of silence...

Grimarg

• B-but you haven't promoted me yet!
  • Thanks Aoshi for the avvy! :3
Oh, something I forgot. I'd like to have just one partner.  :V

* Grimarg gentle places palm over forehead and presses until the hand comes out the other side.

Kakyoin

Oh, something I forgot. I'd like to have just one partner.  :V
Ha, what a coincidence. I was going to ask this of you very soon. I'll mark Keine Kamishirasawa as your one and only partner then.  :)

Inside this cold heart is a dream, that's locked in a box that I keep buried a hundred miles deep, deep in my soul in a place that's surrounded by aeons of silence...

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
Chat address changed : http://amarilloviridian.co.cc/fairy/

I'll update my top posts about this info.

Break anything that stands between you and them!

Kakyoin

Mana, Mana Links & Group Posting
« Reply #124 on: March 29, 2012, 12:17:43 AM »
I'd like to take the time to explain a few things about this RP a bit more in detail.

1. Mana: What is it, how does it affect everyone, why you should care
Since several teams have escaped from the virtual Gensokyo, there's been this whole issue about mana, mana links, mana crashes and whatnot. Those who are just joining will soon acquire their partners as well, so the following Q&A ought to help explain some things.

Q: What's the story behind mana?
A: Mana is commonly depicted in anime and video games as a magical or spiritual form of energy, something that is expended or utilized to cast magic, use spells or execute other special abilities. For both season 1 (WUFTD) and season 2 (Neo WUFTD) of this RP, mana acts as a form of energy that the Touhou characters need for the following purposes: 1) To maintain existence in reality, and 2) To utilize any superhuman powers. The premise of Waking Up From The Dream is that Gensokyo's residents require some sort of special energy or power in order to do the things they usually do in Gensokyo. However, Gensokyo got destroyed, and the Touhou characters are now without the energy or power that being in Gensokyo gifted them with. Now finding themselves in reality, the Touhou characters needed to find a replacement, and they found it in the Original Characters (OCs) who were in Season 1. In WUFTD, mana acts as a form of sustenance for Touhou characters as well as any partner OCs that will grow to require mana (such as Ken's partner, Mayli Ayume, who is an OC herself). Which leads to the next question...

Q: What's a mana link?
Simply put, a mana link is a connection between your primary OC and a partner. Per team, there is a single mana provider and one or more mana dependents. Partner OCs that have no superhuman abilities do not require mana (although as defined later on, they will eventually need to grow to depend on it somehow). As an example, here is a breakdown of Ken's current team:

*Mana provider - Ken Shojiki
*Mana dependents (require significant mana for sustenance) - Fujiwara no Mokou, Kaguya Houraisan, Yuyuko Saigyouji, Hatate Himekaidou
*Normal human (As of now, does not require significant mana for sustenance) - Mayli Ayume

Note that Mayli is a special case, as she began to require a tiny bit of mana from Ken almost immediately after escaping into reality. This is because *spoiler*. The word "significant" is used in this context to distinguish between those who require considerably more mana to maintain existence, and those that begin requiring it in small amounts at first.

Q: How does mana get used up?
This is probably the biggest question on everyone's mind. Here's how it works: each mana provider has a pool of mana, and that pool is used up under two conditions: 1) passive mana requirements for maintaining existence, and 2) superhuman abilities. An example is probably the best way to describe this further, so I'll explain the general rules of mana consumption with the ongoing example of Ken's team. Note: All numbers used in the following examples are arbitrary and used to represent the difference between mana costs.

• The mana pool will not grow. Mana consumption will decrease over time.
    It has been hinted at that mana use will become easier as time progresses in the RP; now it is clear that less mana will be consumed as your OC bonds more with your partner(s), but the mana pool will not grow. Assume Ken has a mana pool of 100. Over the course of time, he will presumably develop deeper bonds with his Touhou partners and Mayli. This means that any mana cost associated with their superhuman abilities will decrease over time, but his mana pool will always sit at 100. This also means that passive mana needs will shrink over time as well, but not considerably.

• Superhuman abilities cost mana.
    If it's something a human in reality is not normally capable of doing (within reasonable limits), using an ability or power (including superhuman strength). Yuugi tapping into oni strength when throwing a punch? It will cost. Yuugi using normal strength to throw a punch? It will not cost (granted, it is still very strong). Yuugi flying/hovering? It will cost (yes, that's right: flying or hovering will cost mana, albeit a very small amount depending on how fast/intense it is). Why I used Yuugi as an example, I don't know. Multiple partners using superhuman abilities or powers simultaneously will individually affect mana, so if Mokou and Kaguya were to both shoot danmaku at an opponent, and the cost of doing so was 10 mana over time, then both attacking with danmaku in unison would cost 20 mana.

• Passive mana consumption is relative.
    All Touhou characters, being from Gensokyo, will require a constant "passive" amount of mana to survive. The more powerful a Touhou character is, the more passive mana consumption he or she requires (the word "powerful" is used liberally; use your own judgment when determining how 'powerful' a Touhou character is). Let's say that Ken has a mana pool of 100. Yuyuko is very powerful (able to inflict death) and she is not human at all (even though she used to be), so her existence will cost about 15 at first. Mokou and Kaguya are immortals, Mokou is a human and Kaguya is a Lunarian. Their immortality does not affect how much mana they need for passive sustenance; if they need to revive it will cost considerable mana. But they are both quite powerful, and thus will cost about 12 mana each at first. Hatate (assuming she has a 100% mana bond with Ken for this example) is not notable for any extreme powers, so she will cost only about 8 mana of the 100 in Ken's pool to maintain. Lastly, Mayli is hardly even developed beyond that of a normal human, so her passive mana needs are at about a 3. Adding this all up, we get 15 + (12 * 2) + 8 + 3 = 50. Uh oh, that means Ken's team only has about 50 mana left to use for abilities, as half of his mana pool is being used up passively to keep everyone on his team alive! Now you see that having a lot of people on a team can become problematic...fortunately, the mana transfer will become more effective over time if he bonds with them more, which will decrease their passive mana consumption rates.

For the sake of comparison, Yukari and Yuuka would probably cost 20 passive mana from Ken if they were linked to him, because of their raw power and potential. Satori, having an "always-on" ability, likewise increases her starting passive mana cost a bit, and she would probably cost about 12 up from 10 passive mana if she was linked with Ken, due to that power. Generally speaking, the lower the stage boss the Touhou character is, the less passive mana consumption they have (this is not an iron rule).

• Active mana consumption is relative.
    Oh yes, one of WUFTD's crowning clauses. Basically, active mana consumption means that using abilities or powers that go beyond the natural limits of humans (such as flight, spell cards and danmaku to an extent) will cost mana. This means that the more powerful (again, liberal use of 'powerful') a character's superhuman ability or power is, the more mana it will cost. Yukari's gap powers? Oh boy. Let's assume Ken and Yukari shared a mana bond. Creating a gap will cause an instant Mana Crash (see below for what that is) early on and throughout most of the first half of the RP (the cost would start at about 110 mana, which is an instant Mana Crash since it goes over Ken's 100 mana). Even later on, the cost may dip down to about 90, 80 or even as low as 30 or 40 if Yukari were to bond closely with Ken, which is still quite a bit. The longer the ability is "on" or power is used, the more it will cost over time as well.

Spell cards. Oh yes, spell cards. Be very, VERY careful about using them at first when you get your partners. In a previous post, Mokou tried to use a spell card to free Keine from her virtualization pod, and it resulted in Ken having a Mana Crash immediately. Spell cards are VERY expensive and are almost always not worth it in the early going. To put things in perspective, the spell card Mokou used when Ken got Mana Crashed in the above example used up at least 70 of his 100 mana, and combined with the 50 passive mana he had being leeched from him through passive partner costs, it put the total cost easily over 100.

EDIT: Clarifying for Sonae's sake: The more intensive or large-scale an ability or power is while being used, the more mana cost it will have as well. Let's assume Toyosatomimi no Miko has a bond with Ken, and he has the 100 mana in his pool. If she were to listen to the desires of two people, the cost would be only about 2 or 3 of his 100 max mana. However, if she was listening to the desires of ten people at once, it would cost more, roughly 12-15 mana of his max 100.

• Active mana costs increase the more work the mana provider is doing at the time of consumption.
    This one is fairly obvious. If, for example, Ken is attacking someone with his sword, or using/casting magic, or otherwise is engaged in combat or some physically or mentally demanding situation, then there will be more strain if one of his mana partners tries to do something superhuman and the mana cost of what they do will increase very slightly. This effect scales over time.

Q: What's a Mana Crash?
If you've played an arcade-style fighting game, you are probably familiar with the Guard Crush or Guard Break, which means that being attacked while defending for too long of a time period will cause the guard to be broken, leading to a brief period of dizziness or helplessness which gives the opponent an advantage to combo you. Or (one of my personal favorites) if you've seen or played the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure 2D fighting game for the Playstation console, you know of the Stand Crash (example here, happens very early in the video when the glass-shattering sound is heard). Either way, a Mana Crash is very similar to those things except it happens for offensive reasons instead of defensive ones. If too much mana gets consumed in too short of a time period (for any reasons), then a Mana Crash occurs. This causes the mana provider to suffer incredible pain for a brief moment and will render them unconscious for at least an hour if not more. No mana from the mana pool aside from passive mana may be used during this time. Sometimes, a Mana Crash may be the only way out if a situation demands a last-ditch effort to escape or solve a situation...at a horrible cost to the mana provider. Consider the pluses and minuses of mana "overdosing" carefully, as a Mana Crash will exhaust all partners afterwards as well due to shortage of mana. The above spell card example with Ken and Mokou is a good demonstration of a Mana Crash: If Ken has 100 mana, and 50 of it is covering passive mana costs, and Mokou's spell card "Immortal 'Fire Bird -Flying Phoenix-'" cost about 70 or 80 mana, putting the running mana cost at 120 or 130--easily over the 100 mana he has, so it was lights out.

Q: How do I form a mana link with a partner?
That is the next topic in this post.

On a side note, you might be wondering why OCs are able to produce mana in this RP. It is currently not known if all or a small subset of humans in reality are able to produce and provide mana, or even establish mana links. This is something that may or may not be addressed in the future of this RP...

Q: My partner is a normal human. Will he/she need mana later on?
The short answer is yes. Mana is a requirement for those that develop superhuman powers or abilities. Because Nemo Ma and I declared that all partner OCs MUST REQUIRE MANA, whether it be immediately, soon or much later in the story, this means that all partner OCs will eventually need mana. Human characters in the Touhou universe without any superhuman abilities (If there are any, and no, Maribel and Renko do not count) also fall under this rule. In other words, everyone is going to need mana sooner or later. Yes, this means that human OCs will become gifted in some way...

Q: Does mana replenish over time? If so, how quickly?
Mana does replenish at a reasonable rate over time, UNLESS the mana provider is KO'd due to a Mana Crash. We say "reasonable" because we hope participants are reasonable about mana consumption in general.

EDIT: For Sonae's sake, let me clarify something else. We are not providing mana percentage costs of abilities/powers, nore specific costs of abilities/powers single-use or over time, nor the specific mana regen number over time, because that would make for too much need for calculations. The whole point of the mana system is to make sure players are reasonable in their usage of abilities and powers. We aren't defining nor requiring specific numbers for mana in general because this is not a math class, it's an RP. Relax, and just be reasonable with mana costs.

If you have any questions about mana consumption, feel free to contact the GMs about it.

2. Mana links: How they are formed, and why you should care
Now that mana has been explained, it's time to discuss mana links. As discussed previously, a mana link is a bond between a mana provider and a mana dependent. Keep in mind that the mana link allows a one-way transfer of mana from provider to dependent. The biggest question on everyone's mind is probably...

Q: How do I form a mana bond with my partner? (Warning: prepare for trope overdose)
When you meet your soon-to-be partners (mostly Touhou characters), it will be in the virtual Gensokyo hosted inside the RAI Graveyard base. The way to form a bond with each of them is through a pact. In Season 1 (WUFTD), the only way to do this was with a blood pact of sorts, which involved having the OC spill some of their blood on the ground, and when announcing their intentions a magical process would occur and bond the two as partners. However, upon retrospect, due to several reasons we have come up with an alternative to it, which is described next.

The alternative to a blood pact is a spirit bond. Here is an overview of how it works:

• The two characters must be in very close proximity (hugging, etc) for this to work. No, not THAT kind of close proximity...although less exciting contact is certainly acceptable if written in well (i.e. not just thrown in out of nowhere).
  • Once close, the initiator must announce his or her desire to aid the partner candidate verbally. When this happens, a vision will overwhelm both the initiator and the partner candidate. They will appear in a mysterious, empty light-filled cubic room together.
  • When in this room, the initiator must explain to the partner candidate what is happening in reality and why the partner candidate should accept the offer of aid. The partner candidate may ask questions at any time during this time.
  • If the partner candidate agrees to accept the initiator's aid, then the vision ends and the initiator and partner candidate return to their original places before the vision occurred, and are now mana provider and mana dependent respectively. In the random, unnecessary event that the partner candidate does not accept, the same will occur but they will not have a mana link (Don't do this).

Note: THERE WILL BE NO OTHER METHODS OF FORMING A MANA LINK. Blood pact and spirit bond are the choices. Deal with it

3. Group posting: Why you should do it, and how
Group posting is a fun endeavor if done properly. The literal definition of a group post is the inclusion of characters that are not a part of your own team in a post you write. Some people have a special term for it (such as "bunnying", which doesn't really make for much of a fitting term. According to Urban Dictionary, bunnying doesn't even fit the definition of a group post I just gave, anyway. Seriously, "bunnying"? What kind of term is that?).

Here are some past examples of group posts in Neo WUFTD:

There are several ways to go about doing this. The easiest (but also riskiest) is to do all the post writing yourself. It's not very risky if you inquire about how certain characters may act before, during and even after you write a post. Another way is to co-write a post, as a collaboration either through Google Docs, or interacting via chat in IRC, MSN or some other chat network, then converting the interaction to a post. This is more time-consuming, but may be far less risky as mistakes can be corrected immediately. And of course, anything in-between those is fine as well. I definitely encourage anyone to first talk to those who have teams or team members that you plan on including, if you aren't sure of how they should be portrayed in your post.

So why should you include others in your posts? Because it's exciting! We want everyone to feel included and involved. You get out of this RP what everyone puts in as a whole, so be proud of your work and don't be afraid to talk to others about group posts!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 08:08:27 PM by Kakyoin »

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
sorry, finals and projects are breaking my back

will try to post soon

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Kuribohlv9

• Man in clothes
  • Release the hounds, Tonight we crave BACON!
So i was checking the timeline aaand.

1:15pm - Kamisuiwa: Outside Tourist Helpers

* Amarillo and the fairies arrive at Tourist Helpers, and the Saniwa Shrine website is updated: ?Do you have faith in yourself, and others who believe in you??

This conflicts with POSTS BY SOME OF THE NEW PEOPLE.

1:00pm - Cafe in Kamisuiwa

* Danao observes the message on the Saniwa Shrine website while eating lunch. He decides to check out the Shrine at some point during the day.

12:59pm - Kamisuiwa: CCCCC

* After eating lunch, Neil checks out the website for the convention only to become worried over the mysterious desktop popup. After conversing with his inner persona, Kimia and Millican, he contemplates visiting Tourist Helpers.

8:00am - Kamisuiwa: hotel room

* Kristian does a quick analysis of the convention and the strange situation happening at the moment, as well as the faith message appearing on the website. He decides to check out the location mentioned on the website later, after practicing his archery.

Inb4 Kristian finding the message BEFORE GENSOKYO EVEN GETS DESTROYED. The first two is possible though, because the act of eating takes some time.

Marokuu

• Maru~ Maru~
  • Lurk~ Lurk~
Mmmyes, I was waiting for someone to catch onto that.

Basically, my initial post had some chronological problems but while I was ready to rectify them Kakyoin said I could keep it that way. When the timeline was constructed the matter was brought up again but the general consensus seemed to be "Meh".

So... yeah, it's weird and though it bugs me a bit it's a little late to go back at this point >_> sorry about that.
My first attempt at storywriting, looking for critique

Avatar schizophrenia? I don't know what you're talking about.

okay, I'm just wonderin', but how many of you are okay with having the establishment of the mana bond being a blood pact?
Basically cut yourself open you'd be drawing a circle in your own character's blood.

A possible alternative would be something like this;
2.Soul Binding
-After recieving a sort of mental ping, the player character will see themself in a white room devoid of anything. Then their destined partner will appear before them. They will speak of what has happened to them and their world, and they shall ask the player to create a mana bond with them. When the player accepts, there will be a burst of colored light, and a chain shall connect their souls together, creating the mana bond.

Preferences?

Kuribohlv9

• Man in clothes
  • Release the hounds, Tonight we crave BACON!
okay, I'm just wonderin', but how many of you are okay with having the establishment of the mana bond being a blood pact?
Basically cut yourself open you'd be drawing a circle in your own character's blood.

A possible alternative would be something like this;
2.Soul Binding
-After recieving a sort of mental ping, the player character will see themself in a white room devoid of anything. Then their destined partner will appear before them. They will speak of what has happened to them and their world, and they shall ask the player to create a mana bond with them. When the player accepts, there will be a burst of colored light, and a chain shall connect their souls together, creating the mana bond.

Preferences?
Magical Pocky

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
  • ...is in that post up there?
    • RP Blog for Kaenbyou Rin
Haha! Finally got ten posts!

Your character Name: Zach
Character Age : 20
Touhou Choices:
Top Priority: Rin Kaenbyou
Top Priority: Aya Shameimaru
Choices: Cirno
Choices: Chen Yakumo
Choices: Yukari Yakumo
*Note: If possible, could I just get three?

Name: Zachary "Zach" Hayami

Visual Description
   Height: 5'11"
   Hair color/style: A medium brown, neat and straight. A little less than neck length.
   Eye color: A clear blue.
   Clothing: He's normally seen wearing a dark hoodie, almost always black or dark blue. Sometimes there's an abstract tribal pattern on the hoodie, but not usually. Below that, he wears medium-fit blue jeans that are a little faded, and monochrome black tennis shoes. On his head he wears a white hat, sporting "MAUI" in green letters on the front. He also wears rimless glasses with red arms.
   Accessories: Although not normally visible, Zach carries around a worn cell phone and an iPod Touch with a broken screen. Despite the broken screen, the iPod still works, and he carries most of his info on it. He also has a set of keys with a shard of metal on the keyring, which he uses to cut things when he has nothing better. On his left wrist is an expensive granite watch.
   Other: His legs are exceptionally long for his size.

Personality
   General: Zach could probably be best described as lazy, but determined. He's unwilling to do any work, but once convinced to do it, he'll do anything in his power to make sure it gets done. When he's not working, he's generally care-free, and is usually trying to get people to laugh, although he's not very good at it. He tries to be calm and collected, but can anger pretty easily if you know the right triggers.

Zach likes people who can stand up for themselves. He's also got a soft spot for journalists, for reasons explained in the history. He doesn't really know this himself, but he's a big fan of anything with noodles, even more so than he's a fan of food in general.  He loves cats, all cats, and would risk his own safety to save a cat in danger.

Dislikes
   He hates insects. Every shape, form, but especially flying insects. He absolutely freaks out around them. He also can't stand bullies and hypocrites, nor people who order others to do work while relaxing themselves. For no real reason, it seems, he can't stand the taste of asparagus.

History/Background
Zach was born to a pair of second-generation Japanese-American parents in northwestern America. That would make him third-generation, but that's not really important. He grew up a fairly normal life, going through elementary school (where he won a school writing contest), middle school (nothing interesting here), and then finally moving into high school. At this point, he had already started watching anime, and had enrolled in a Tae Kwon Do school. His parents were a little disappointed that he had chosen a Korean martial art, but got over it easily. His passage through the belt ranks in TKD mirrored his passage through high school, where he joined the school newspaper as a sophomore and began taking AP classes his junior year. Zach graduated high school with three years experience with the newspaper, a black belt in TKD, and an associate's degree's worth of credits. This was his situation when he set off to college.

He entered a mid-class school, somewhat prestigious but not too much so. He knew what he wanted, and set his sights towards a Journalism degree, easy to do when you already have almost half the courses. He also got a part-time job and began saving up for something he had dreamed of since he first watched an anime - going to an actual Comiket convention in Japan. After a year and a half, it had finally happened - his spring break, a trip to Japan laid out, then he'd come home and finish the semester and his degree. He set off to Japan, landed, found his hotel, and began to relax. He could never imagine what might happen over the next couple of days...

Fighting Style
Zach will try to avoid fighting whenever possible, but sometimes that's just not possible. At these times he uses the kick-heavy martial art of Tae Kwon Do to help him. He's quite rusty at it, as he hasn't gone to practice in over a year, but he's stayed reasonably fit and could take the average person out if the situation really called for it. When he does fight, he mainly kicks, preferring to keep his hands in near his chest, to block any wayward strikes. He knows he has long legs and doesn't hesitate to use his superior range whenever possible.

Goals/Objectives/Ambitions
Zach's dream, of course, is to become a professional journalist for a major newspaper. He's been working towards that almost his whole life. He also wants to attend, and write an article on, at least one major anime convention. Beyond that, he's pretty satisfied with himself at the moment.

Theme Song (Optional)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjX2KYuAJcA

Fun Facts (Optional)
Zach really isn't a fan of children. If it's not family, he probably doesn't want to be around a child.
Although he checks his phone constantly, Zach never seems to get any calls or text messages.
Zach can't seem to stand still, constantly having to lean against something, check his watch, or fiddle with any convenient object. Perhaps this is why he checks his phone so often.
It's quite common for Zach to be seen wearing a coat or other extra covering, even when it's not cold. Not even he really knows why.

Kakyoin

Character Profile Evaluation

IdiotsOpposite (Character: Zachary "Zach" Hayami)
Approved. Hates insects, eh? Thank goodness there was no Wriggle pick, I guess. Otherwise everything seems fine, thanks for the good profile. :)

About Marokuu's time conflict...we're just going to handwave it. Resolving it would be rather difficult anyway, as Marokuu himself said. Everyone else, please try to avoid having your OC notice the Saniwa Shrine website message before it got posted by Amarillo, thanks.

As for you other peeps, I'll address your concerns about pacts tomorrow or whenever I get time. Sleeps is more important.

Hates insects, eh? Thank goodness there was no Wriggle pick

That would have been hilarious

Anyways I decided to add this little note.
I've been planning and negotiating about receiving partners later.
It's still unknown if that would even be possible. So I don't think others should scramble for it.
But IF It goes through I will be receiving One OC partner and Ran Yakumo.

Just wanted everyone to know that if it goes through and works and all, Ran would be mine. Due to Necessity, logic, plot, and dynamic reasons. I don't just want her cause I like her as a character.
/endramble

I'll post my first (short) post this weekend.

Kakyoin

Updated my previous post about mana and group posting to also include information on how to establish mana links.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 08:12:24 PM by Kakyoin »

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
  • Idiot Deity 2013 - 2014 RIP
    • Muh Writings
Okay so.
>Creating a Gap = 110 Mana.
>Sustaining Yukari 20/constant Mana.

Going to assume.
>Twilight Spark = 1337 Mana :V
>Sustaining Mima 20+/constant Mana.
-

ANYWAY POSTING TODAY SO BE HAPPY.

<Nietz> Anyway, sex toys alone won't come up to 11k.
[18:48] <Warma> There must have been a new depth, where you've sunk as a person. Then you dug through that.

Kakyoin

+1

Anyway, just to clarify: The mana stuff is not intended to get to be serious calculations or anything; any numbers used in the examples provided are just estimates for the sake of conveyance of topic. It's pretty much a mechanism to prevent OPness. We just want players to have a general idea of mana costs and regeneration and passive consumption. As long as everyone is reasonable enough, most things involving mana will be allowed.

Kakyoin

I still see no post. Did you write it and forget to post it, or are you just being lazy or forgetful? Get on it!

Let this be a call to everyone who has not yet posted for the first time: Now is the time to make that post!

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
I still see no post. Did you write it and forget to post it, or are you just being lazy or forgetful? Get on it!

Let this be a call to everyone who has not yet posted for the first time: Now is the time to make that post!

I finished writing it - at a bad time. I Have no laptop now so I need to rewrite everything at a lanshop or on my ipad. :/.

[18:48] <Warma> There must have been a new depth, where you've sunk as a person. Then you dug through that.

Kakyoin

I finished writing it - at a bad time. I Have no laptop now so I need to rewrite everything at a lanshop or on my ipad. :/.

That's unfortunate. I hope reconstructing it won't be too difficult. :

As an aside note...looks like it's time to oil up send out some PM reminders for posts...

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
That's unfortunate. I hope reconstructing it won't be too difficult. :\

As an aside note...looks like it's time to oil up send out some PM reminders for posts...

Yeah yeah writing now. Anyway if the post suddenly cuts off half way/isn't posted, it  means I got forced by my parents to stop and they took ze iPad away. :/

Kakyoin

Neo WUFTD - April update
« Reply #140 on: April 07, 2012, 05:05:59 PM »
Yeah yeah writing now. Anyway if the post suddenly cuts off half way/isn't posted, it  means I got forced by my parents to stop and they took ze iPad away. :/
Thank you for writing, posting and fixing your first post.  :)

@Everyone: Last night I sent out a PM explaining the latest plot changes in the story, posting opportunities, and some posting issues. Please check your inboxes, please!

Sorry for the lack of a post. Sickness saps the life right outta ya - - so does writer's block

Kakyoin

Sorry for the lack of a post. Sickness saps the life right outta ya - - so does writer's block
It's fine, just work on it here and there if you can find some time. :)

On a side note, Desu_Cake dropped, meaning Ellen and Eirin Yagokoro are now available as partners again.

Kakyoin

WUFTD Tropes pages!
« Reply #143 on: April 09, 2012, 03:13:44 AM »
I am pleased to announce that I have created two pages on TV Tropes for Waking Up From The Dream!

They are very, very new and very empty right now, but if TV Tropes is your thing (GT, I'm looking at you), by all means, let's make this an awesome entry on TV Tropes! :D

WARNING: TV Tropes is an addicting website (as demonstrated by xkcd). If you end up losing lots of time by clicking on various tropes and reading through various pages, you have but yourself to blame!

Kakyoin

Triple posting for great justice

Aquamentis has also dropped, meaning Sakuya and Nue are now available as partners as well as Ellen and Eirin. Don't worry everyone, the recent quits have been due to personal reasons, not because the RP sucks or anything.

Reposting this since things have changed.

Your character Name: Nikolas Reinhart
Character Age : 19
Touhou Choices: Koishi Komeiji and Yuuka Kazami

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
It's already been decided, but figured I may as well post it here for notification purposes.

Dropping Cirno, adding Tenshi.

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
So glad the visions are in. Now I can make random, uninteresting posts again!

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
I love how I had no visions of Mima-sama. Damnit I wanted Mimappai

Kakyoin

So glad the visions are in. Now I can make random, uninteresting posts again!
Yes, this is definitely good. Although the formatting of the "visions" is different this time around.

I love how I had no visions of Mima-sama. Damnit I wanted Mimappai
As I recall, Nemo Ma didn't take too kindly to you calling Tourist Helpers a run-down shack...I guess this is punishment for it? I don't know, duke it out with her. You'll get your Mima eventually, just be patient. ::)