Author Topic: Team Fortress 64  (Read 222855 times)

Messiah

• The Devil on The Sky~
  • In seek for the lost DotS
Re: Team Fortress 64
« Reply #630 on: April 19, 2012, 01:15:50 AM »
Can you still send him flying with the blast damage? :derp:
Steam Profile                 Myanimelist Profile

« Reply #631 on: April 19, 2012, 04:26:02 AM »
From yesterday's update:

The following on-hit attributes are now applied when striking an Engineer Building:

?bersaw will gain ?bercharge.
    Black Box, Blutsauger, and Concheror (with buff) will grant Health.

Gc

• youtu.be/pRZpjlrKM8A
« Reply #632 on: April 19, 2012, 05:02:28 AM »

Fetch()tirade

• serial time-waster
« Reply #633 on: April 19, 2012, 05:08:24 AM »
Got my first reflect kill today, on a demo grenade. It also killed me because we were right next to each other but FEELSGOODMAN.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #634 on: April 19, 2012, 05:43:09 AM »
Got my first reflect kill today, on a demo grenade. It also killed me because we were right next to each other but FEELSGOODMAN.
Honestly, even if I die, i always like to know that I took the guy down with me, so in the end no one really wins (unless it was me trying to capture) :V

Freyband

• Mpph! Mmm, mm mmm mph mmm!
« Reply #635 on: April 19, 2012, 05:51:13 AM »
Honestly, even if I die, i always like to know that I took the guy down with me, so in the end no one really wins (unless it was me trying to capture) :V
This here, my friends, is Caber 101 (except you still win with the caber because, Ka-BEWMMm!) Also according to the wiki the Volcano Fragment (sorry about the typo :/) isn't lighting people on fire. What the f**k is going on Valve? Did someone crap on the item servers?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 10:21:42 PM by Zeroxes »
Steam - freyband
Xbox Live - Zeroxes
My TF2 Backpack

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #636 on: April 19, 2012, 07:14:52 AM »
The Axtinguisher isn't supposed to light people on fire. It deals critical damage to already-lit targets :derp:

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #637 on: April 19, 2012, 08:14:18 AM »
Yeah, you're thinking of the Sharpened Volcano Fragment, that's the one that lights them on fire.
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

« Reply #638 on: April 19, 2012, 08:14:50 AM »
The following on-hit attributes are now applied when striking an Engineer Building:

I like this very much. *evil laughter*

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
« Reply #639 on: April 19, 2012, 08:17:55 AM »
So hitting a teleporter grants an uber charge fill. That seems pretty legit. :\

Also, (this could go on the other thread but whatev) Strafe and I were having some trouble connecting to the MotK server today. He had TF2 freeze up when he tried, and I had that too, along with Steam completely crashing in the process. Happened quite a few times. (on Mac, so map downloads didn't work too, as expected) Don't know what was happening there. Took me like 10 or 15 minutes to actually get back on.
TF2 Backpack

Freyband

« Reply #640 on: April 20, 2012, 05:24:53 AM »
Finally got my Hero's Tail (Outpost reaaally sped things up, thank god). Now I just need another rec or more so I can start trying to get the After 8 paint I'm planning on putting on it. If ya want any weapons on page 5 of my backpack, a crate on page 6 (there's only one at current times notice), or a VintageKGB/Sandvich/fryingpan, then I'd be willing to toss pretty much any of those off for about a scrap (or a craftable weapon on the crate).
Also did anyone else notice item drops being... sparse this week? I got maybe 4 drops then I've gotten nothing after about another 5 hours of play time.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 09:06:31 PM by Zeroxes »
Steam - freyband
Xbox Live - Zeroxes
My TF2 Backpack

« Reply #641 on: April 20, 2012, 05:41:01 AM »
Sure, Freyband. I'll liberate that Frying Pan off of you.

« Reply #642 on: April 20, 2012, 06:57:53 AM »
i loved TFC... i would still play it if there were still people playing it =(. i tried TF2 (bought orange box), it was ok. i completely stopped right around they started added hats and new gear.

i love being engineer ^^.. gotta take care of my turret.

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
« Reply #643 on: April 20, 2012, 04:43:39 PM »
I hear that there are still people that go on TFC servers. Not much, but they're still there. I don't have that game though (yet) so I'm not certain. I was thinking of getting it just for the heck of it, and it'd probably run leagues better on this piece of junk than TF2. I believe the original TF used the Quake engine, but I'm not sure what Valve did for TFC, unless it's still Quake.
TF2 Backpack

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #644 on: April 20, 2012, 04:56:05 PM »
TFC used GoldSrc, which is based off the Quake engine.

However, the two play considerably differently. Expect a high difficulty curve to get into that from the TF2 end - lots of conc-jumping, det packs, incendiary rockets, caltrops, complex disguise/feign death systems, infection, portable medkits, etc. that TF2-based players will get immediately lost on.

Last time I played TFC there still were quite a few servers playing it, though nothing compared to CS 1.6 or even CZ.

If ya want any weapons on page 5 of my backpack, a crate on page 6 (there's only one at current times notice), or a VintageKGB/Sandvich/fryingpan, then I'd be willing to toss pretty much any of those off for about a scrap (or a craftable weapon on the crate).
I'll take the Sandvich - been using this dirty one for too long. :V

Send me a trade request when ready - just make sure I'm not 'Online/away on Mobile Device' first; can't trade on my phone.

Also did anyone else notice item drops being... sparse this week? I got maybe 4 drops then I've gotten nothing after about another 5 hours of play time.
Seems a bit low this week, yeah.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 05:07:35 PM by デモパン Hat Traders »
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #645 on: April 20, 2012, 05:23:30 PM »
Quickfix and kritz has a major weakness, imo. Any setup not involving generic medigun does: huge amounts of burst damage. If the enemy team pops another kritz on soldier or a demo or a sniper gets a bead on you, neither quickfix nor kritz will save you from the instant kill. Not to mention spies.
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

« Reply #646 on: April 20, 2012, 07:25:17 PM »
theres drops in TF2?...

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #647 on: April 20, 2012, 08:14:14 PM »
Yeah. Every week, depending on how often you play, items ranging from crates and weapons to full-out hats and other materials will be dropped to you. There is a cap on how many drops you get (crates being the exception, since those need store keys to use), but if you have extra drops from one week they'll roll over to the next one, resulting in more drops to make up for lack of play.

Feel free to play a few rounds with us to get back into shape! (also recommending the Fortress Forever mod for TFC-style)
Bad command or file name

« Reply #648 on: April 21, 2012, 03:19:12 AM »

...Oh boy. This will end well.

« Reply #649 on: April 21, 2012, 08:38:42 AM »
Just going to elaborate more on the drop system.

Each week, (Thursday-Thursday, may be earlier depending on where you live) each player gets an 11 hour window in which they get a chance to get new items dropped after they die in game. Like EP said, it can be a new weapon, hat, or tool (or crates) within the game. It is random what you get, and sometimes you get very lucky. Your drop chances fluctuate depending on your average playtime, but the drops only occur within that time window. If you didn't use up the 11 hours within that week, any time left will be added to your next week's time. This way, you don't have to play at least 11 hours a week. The rollover will continue to accumulate if you take a break from the game. Valve makes sure that everyone that plays gets the same amount of drop time no matter how often they play the game.

Some people capitalize on this by going to "Idle Servers", where their character will continuously die over and over. Since you only get your new items after you die, the repeated deaths increase your drop chances during the time window.

Personally, I just play the game normally. Any drop, whatever and whenever it is, is appreciated. Now, if only I could obtain that elusive Crate #40... :V

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #650 on: April 21, 2012, 09:45:48 AM »
I've actually gotten two items off a death, once, by simply not dying for a very long time. Came up for air after a messy death and suddenly two items!
I forget what they were, as it happened a while ago and I haven't played in forever, but I bet it was a Huntsman or a Razorback, or both, and maybe some Gunboats. Nothin but crap drops for a looooooooooooooong time.

« Reply #651 on: April 21, 2012, 12:14:53 PM »
I've had that happen before too. However one was a normal drop, and the other was an unlocked weapon from a Milestone...

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #652 on: April 21, 2012, 12:32:06 PM »
That's happened multiple times for me on normal play.

On idling, however, it works somewhat differently. Many times people will get a boatload of items at once, despite dying very often. This is because you only really get items after getting the 'New item found!' screen, and idlers often leave their systems in TF2 for hours on end while doing other things. Result is that the New item screen can have several entries at once.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 12:35:44 PM by デモパン Hat Traders »
Bad command or file name

Messiah

• The Devil on The Sky~
  • In seek for the lost DotS
« Reply #653 on: April 21, 2012, 04:07:26 PM »
That oftern occurs to me since the drop system is reseted when I am going to bed, so I let my tf2 open and when I wake up there is a shitload of items   :V
Steam Profile                 Myanimelist Profile

Fetch()tirade

• serial time-waster
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 01:06:59 AM by Yuyuno what it is »

Freyband

« Reply #655 on: April 23, 2012, 12:16:41 AM »
Just a little video to brighten up your day.
Poor kid... (needs to pull his head outta his arse)
E: the truth is revealed
I KNEW IT! THEY CALLED ME CRAZY, BUT I WAS RIGHT!
Also wern't some of us motker's planning on pubstomping on tf2 today or something? Can swear I remember something about that. >.>
P.S. Strafe I'm still waiting to get that frying pan to you, be online while I'm around more dangit! :x
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 12:18:39 AM by Zeroxes »
Steam - freyband
Xbox Live - Zeroxes
My TF2 Backpack

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #656 on: April 23, 2012, 12:32:26 AM »
Also wern't some of us motker's planning on pubstomping on tf2 today or something? Can swear I remember something about that. >.>
Gpop mentioned it earlier...he isn't online yet to verify this though. But as for this, closest I'll get is playing more VSH/FF2 or more server management.
Bad command or file name

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #657 on: April 23, 2012, 01:10:08 AM »
Gpop mentioned it earlier...he isn't online yet to verify this though. But as for this, closest I'll get is playing more VSH/FF2 or more server management.
Yeah I just got home sorry, sudden baptism mom forced me to go to :V

If you guys are still wanting to go I'm down, I want some MotK vs everyone else :V

« Reply #658 on: April 23, 2012, 01:27:11 AM »
Gonna be selling my V Lugermorph, putting it up on here to see if anyone wants it before tf2outpost. Part of my Aya set, if anyone cares about the tags.

Looking for around 7~ keys, or equivalent in metal, which is about 17 refined.

EDIT: Sold it for 7 keys.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 10:53:10 PM by Alpha »

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #659 on: April 23, 2012, 03:13:53 AM »
If you guys are still wanting to go I'm down, I want some MotK vs everyone else :V
They've seemed to have gone to our server instead.
Bad command or file name