Author Topic: Team Fortress 64  (Read 222851 times)

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
Re: Team Fortress 64
« Reply #360 on: February 24, 2012, 01:25:18 AM »
2 ref for a S. Dead Ringer, huh?  I'd do that if anyone's got one lying around...

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

« Reply #361 on: February 24, 2012, 01:54:41 AM »
Wow. They're running out of weapons to make into Stranges. I already have the knife (well, its SF counterpart) and I'm not terribly interested in the Overdose or Loch n' Load, unless I'm aiming for completing the Strange collection. I've been trying to break out of the "Gotta Strange 'em All" mentality seeing that I have 50+ of the little buggers.

Yeah, Yukarin. It's unfortunate that some of the prices really suck. It seems that they hinge on availability, usefulness, and overall demand for that item. When the S Dead Ringer came out, some people were paying 4+ keys for one, due to it being new and the fact that Spy stuff is incredibly popular. Now, 2 Ref is a lot more down-to-Earth. The other Medic saws are much better, so not many people would be interested in the default bonesaw, aside from collectors..

I wonder if Crate 40 will be one of those rare ones like 30 is. Then again, I can't think of many high-demand items that haven't been Stranged yet. Enforcer and Huntsman for sure... but not much else. It's still too early for them to want to Strange the new weapons from the Christmas update.

Shady_Ghost

• #totes
  • #legit
« Reply #362 on: February 24, 2012, 03:08:00 AM »
Hmmm I'd be all over that loch n load had I not realized the awesomeness of grenade spam :V  Kinda weird that the knife got put back in again wonder why they did that. 
Crate 40 will be somethin like
Mantreads
Market Gardner
Booties
Sticky Jumper
And the demand will be super high for all of them /jk
2lazy2createbettersig

« Reply #363 on: February 24, 2012, 03:19:02 AM »
s.loch and load

awwwwhhhh shiiiiitttt

Thanks to GreenVirus for the Siggy.
My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #364 on: February 24, 2012, 03:20:24 AM »
I need a s.axtinguisher/postal pummeler and my Pyro is complete :V

« Reply #365 on: February 24, 2012, 03:48:04 AM »
Mantreads
Market Gardner Rocket Jumper
Booties
Sticky Jumper
Fixed that for ya. Don't forget the Sandvich and the Bonk! Atomic Punch. :V

I don't believe that they have Stranged the Postal Pummeler yet. You can find a Strange Axtinguisher for 1 Ref or less now.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 03:50:08 AM by Dr.Strafe »

« Reply #366 on: February 24, 2012, 03:53:01 AM »
I have a Postal Pummeler up for grabs.

My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

Fetch()tirade

• serial time-waster
« Reply #367 on: February 24, 2012, 03:58:52 AM »
I want a strange soldier banner. If it's the conch, I'll name it "The Moriya Shrine Conspiracy."

Yeah, Yukarin. It's unfortunate that some of the prices really suck. It seems that they hinge on availability, usefulness, and overall demand for that item. When the S Dead Ringer came out, some people were paying 4+ keys for one, due to it being new and the fact that Spy stuff is incredibly popular. Now, 2 Ref is a lot more down-to-Earth. The other Medic saws are much better, so not many people would be interested in the default bonesaw, aside from collectors..

It's funny that the SMG is down to like 1.33 because everyone remembered that it's a shitty weapon :V

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
« Reply #368 on: February 24, 2012, 04:10:03 AM »
The same thing happens every time strange weapons come out.  People start out wanting way too much for them (new, shiny) and the price quickly plummets in the following weeks.

The only real exceptions are items from the #30 crates, and to a lesser extent the strange pipe/sticky/rocket launchers...I suspect those are mainly due to them being so damned easy to rack up kills with.
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #369 on: February 24, 2012, 04:18:43 AM »
I have a Postal Pummeler up for grabs.
Strange?

But yeah, if it's just 1 ref for axtinguisher I'll go for it.

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #370 on: February 24, 2012, 04:26:57 AM »
I also forgot to put in that post about the new crate, since TF2 got an update today, they fixed something on Dustbowl. Area 1 Blu Spawn had a fence fix. Engie's can no longer build whatever right at the locked fence during setup. Not like that really matters anyway. :V
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #371 on: February 24, 2012, 04:28:15 AM »
I also forgot to put in that post about the new crate, since TF2 got an update today, they fixed something on Dustbowl. Area 1 Blu Spawn had a fence fix. Engie's can no longer build whatever right at the locked fence during setup. Not like that really matters anyway. :V
But it was fun to watch them build up a level 3 sentry and then have it explode the moment the match started!

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
« Reply #372 on: February 24, 2012, 04:30:47 AM »
But it was fun to watch them build up a level 3 sentry and then have it explode the moment the match started!
I was thinking of putting that in my post too. :3 (I've been one to put a level 3 sentry there. one match it didn't get destroyed right away :V)
TF2 Backpack

« Reply #373 on: February 24, 2012, 04:38:28 AM »
I never could find that sweet spot prior to the match starting, so no big deal here. I just use that time to goof around, unless I'm a Medic.

The only real exceptions are items from the #30 crates, and to a lesser extent the strange pipe/sticky/rocket launchers...I suspect those are mainly due to them being so damned easy to rack up kills with.
True true. Don't forget the Strange Festives. They're quite hard to come by now, and even then, they're quite expensive. Do Crate 30's still drop, albeit very rarely?

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
« Reply #374 on: February 24, 2012, 04:44:34 AM »
Yeah, 30's still drop. I've never found one though.

And that spot to build was where you could build level with the outside land. (so, mostly floating sentries go!!!)
TF2 Backpack

« Reply #375 on: February 24, 2012, 05:29:51 AM »
The postal pummeler hasn't been strange'ified yet.

only normal.

My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #376 on: February 24, 2012, 06:29:02 AM »
I don't think there's been a strange Enforcer yet. I'd like one of those.

Strange Overdose would be nice, although I don't use it for fighting or anything.

Freyband

• Mpph! Mmm, mm mmm mph mmm!
« Reply #377 on: February 24, 2012, 06:53:05 AM »
Only thing that kinda interested me this update was the new scout shirt, which
one of my friends jumped for almost immediately
(they like Aya alot, if you couldn't tell). As for the whole "I want, X strange weapon" debate, I'm still waiting for my widowmaker :3 (which would probably be in one of the rare crates).
Steam - freyband
Xbox Live - Zeroxes
My TF2 Backpack

« Reply #378 on: February 24, 2012, 08:46:56 AM »
Oh, Alpha.

Goddamn Alpha being a beast at Scout. He's hard to kill.

My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
« Reply #379 on: February 24, 2012, 09:01:42 AM »
Oh, Alpha.

Goddamn Alpha being a beast at Scout. He's hard to kill.
He is. I've died many times from that scout. Don't know how he does it, besides lots and lots of speed.
TF2 Backpack

« Reply #380 on: February 24, 2012, 11:16:41 AM »
Pretty good aim. Constantly running around. Jumps over your head. Runs away to snag health when things get tough.

Y'know, like every goddamn scout out there. :V

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #381 on: February 24, 2012, 01:19:37 PM »
Only thing that kinda interested me this update was the new scout shirt....
Of course, Alpha. Scrim/comp-level Scout with some bloody good aim.

Ditto, might as well go for one myself.

Mantreads
Market Gardner (or Rocket Jumper as Strafe corrected)
Booties
Sticky Jumper
:getdown:

I don't believe that they have Stranged the Postal Pummeler yet.
They haven't and I don't think they will, or they might as well make Strange versions of most every reskin and promotional weapon. Obvious exception to that would be the Sam & Max set :V

Any weps I want Stranges for but don't exist yet? Enforcer, maybe, but it'll probably be nerfed before that happens, which may get me back to using the Big Kill instead.
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

lumber_of_the_beast

« Reply #382 on: February 25, 2012, 01:20:04 AM »
Might be cracking open a couple crates next weekend for the hell of it. Suggestions on which ones I should open? I've got...

16 x2
17 x5
18 x2
29 x1
31 x2
32 x2
34 x4
38 x1

Gc

• youtu.be/pRZpjlrKM8A
« Reply #383 on: February 25, 2012, 01:43:36 AM »

« Reply #384 on: February 25, 2012, 09:24:10 AM »
Why is this so funny
That is pretty funny. Like a couple of chipmunks fighting each other. :V

Might be cracking open a couple crates next weekend for the hell of it. Suggestions on which ones I should open? I've got...
Personally, I wouldn't open anything less than series 19, as Stranges began with 19. Those teen crates that you have will mainly give you crap you likely own, but there's a good chance that you'll get a Paint Can. It's really up to you, depending on which weapons/items that you're hoping to shoot for. You can always trade off unwanted stuff for metal and/or keys.

The items that I was personally shooting for back then were:
#29- Axtinguisher
#31- Degreaser
#32- ?bersaw
#34- Scottish Resistance
#38- Dead Ringer, SMG, and Quick Fix

Now watch. You're going to uncrate a rare and much-sought-after Unusual hat.  :V

lumber_of_the_beast

« Reply #385 on: February 25, 2012, 03:46:24 PM »
Now watch. You're going to uncrate a rare and much-sought-after Unusual hat.  :V
tsh, not gonna happen

Freyband

• Mpph! Mmm, mm mmm mph mmm!
« Reply #386 on: February 26, 2012, 04:09:05 AM »
tsh, not gonna happen
You'll get nothing and like it! Now gimme that key >: V (just kidding). I can also give ya a 37 if you'd like!  :V If you do manage an unusual out of one though:  :o
Steam - freyband
Xbox Live - Zeroxes
My TF2 Backpack

Gc

• youtu.be/pRZpjlrKM8A
« Reply #387 on: February 26, 2012, 06:59:24 AM »
I officially hate Gravel Pit (Gravel Shit IMO)

Especially when half the players disconnect BECAUSE gravel pit is coming, resulting in 6v5. I usually am on the smaller team.

« Reply #388 on: February 26, 2012, 08:17:25 AM »
Only thing that kinda interested me this update was the new scout shirt, which
one of my friends jumped for almost immediately
(they like Aya alot, if you couldn't tell). As for the whole "I want, X strange weapon" debate, I'm still waiting for my widowmaker :3 (which would probably be in one of the rare crates).

For new scout miscs, flip a coin to see if I'm going to trade for it. If it lands on the thin edge, I'm not interested in it.

« Reply #389 on: February 26, 2012, 10:02:46 AM »
tsh, not gonna happen
Keep on doubting it. That's just going to increase your chances. Luck is weird like that. :V

I officially hate Gravel Pit (Gravel Shit IMO)

Especially when half the players disconnect BECAUSE gravel pit is coming, resulting in 6v5. I usually am on the smaller team.
Gravel Pit is alright. It only sucks when you're the lone attacker/defender of one of the points because the rest of the team is inept.