Author Topic: Team Fortress 64  (Read 222847 times)

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
Re: Team Fortress 64
« Reply #330 on: February 17, 2012, 08:15:09 PM »
Alternatively, the people of TF2 could refrain from going batshit insane over a knife reskin that is functionally identical to the vanilla knife.
Besides potentially causing more lag because
  • More models to hog memory at the same time
  • More polygons in the reskin
Um...what the hell?  We know it's a reskin, we like the way it looks, we'd like to get it.  TF2 has plenty of functionally identical items.  I'd still like this knife.  I prefer the vanilla knife anyway, and this one would give me a fun new look on it.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Gc

• youtu.be/pRZpjlrKM8A
« Reply #331 on: February 17, 2012, 11:07:44 PM »
Um...what the hell?  We know it's a reskin, we like the way it looks, we'd like to get it.  TF2 has plenty of functionally identical items.  I'd still like this knife.  I prefer the vanilla knife anyway, and this one would give me a fun new look on it.
Reskins are fine. Intentionally installing rootkits or possibly getting your Steam account banned* for a reskin is not.

IMO, of course.

* I don't know any case of people getting banned for using the Steam Achievement Manager once (unless they are dumbasses), but it can get you VAC banned.

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #332 on: February 18, 2012, 02:05:03 AM »
I haven't heard of anyone getting banned for using the SAM. It doesn't directly affect gameplay and since it's a F2P game anyway, I doubt anyone will care enough to VAC ban you.

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
« Reply #333 on: February 18, 2012, 08:41:34 AM »
VAC bans are automated, and the ban is delayed if it detects you cheating so you won't have a good idea of what exactly you were using that triggered the ban.
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

« Reply #334 on: February 18, 2012, 10:10:30 AM »
As if to add insult to injury, the Black Rose is not giftable at all. I couldn't give mine to Yukarin, and that sucks. It looks like people in countries that aren't whitelisted for the game will have to use the Achievement Manager if they want the knife.

Ah well. Worth a shot, though.

As for me, I destroyed mine. Since I used SAM in the first place, it didn't feel right keeping it. If I get VAC banned as a result, so be it.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 10:18:02 AM by Dr.Strafe »

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #335 on: February 18, 2012, 12:54:36 PM »
Hopefully the Rose gifting situation is just a bug in the item or something, and that it patches within the coming weeks.

Otherwise we may have to resort to more drastic measures....
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 01:05:02 PM by LOLSQUID 짬뽕 스페셜 »
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

« Reply #336 on: February 18, 2012, 01:21:33 PM »
Hopefully the Rose gifting situation is just a bug in the item or something, and that it patches within the coming weeks.

Otherwise we may have to resort to more drastic measures....

:V

As much as possible, I don't want to use SMA for this.

Thanks to GreenVirus for the Siggy.
My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #337 on: February 18, 2012, 02:11:13 PM »
Well, I think that after 1-3 weeks the promotional period will end, meaning the item becomes giftable (as with many of the genuine promo items).

Also updated that post about removing the rootkit AVA installs (EDIT: now with registry editing and more file removal).
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 02:23:16 PM by LOLSQUID 짬뽕 스페셜 »
Bad command or file name

Freyband

• Mpph! Mmm, mm mmm mph mmm!
« Reply #338 on: February 18, 2012, 06:00:49 PM »
I wouldn't be all panicked over getting the rose. It's entirely likely that it will be craftable after a time. What weapon hasn't yet been craftable via some method? I'd say save up a refined (for trading) and check what's updated whenever tf2 runs an update (or save a spy token, melee token, and one scrap). Only alternative right now would be if someone used giftwrap to send you the rose (but I think you need not be so rash, in time it will not cost so much).
Steam - freyband
Xbox Live - Zeroxes
My TF2 Backpack

Wisp

• Oh?
  • Asuka, asuka, asuka...
« Reply #339 on: February 18, 2012, 06:04:34 PM »
AVA... Played it a few months ago. Definitely one of the better "tactical-themed" MMOFPS games, but got boring fast.  I don't want to reinstall it just for the new knife, though.
Btw, my first ever random hat drop. Medic's Mountain Cap. No thanks, anyone want?
They think I'll think that they'll do (A) so they'll do (B) because I wouldn't think they'd think of that but then because they might think I know what they're thinking they'll do (A) after all because I wouldn't think they'd think that way.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #340 on: February 19, 2012, 01:25:04 PM »
What weapon hasn't yet been craftable via some method?
These.

Definitely one of the better "tactical-themed" MMOFPS games, but got boring fast.  I don't want to reinstall it just for the new knife, though.
Eh, preferred CS Online myself. And yeah, reinstalling it for a reskin is probably not worth it.

Btw, my first ever random hat drop. Medic's Mountain Cap. No thanks, anyone want?
I'd go for it but I'd prefer trading it off properly (current price for that is 1.66 ref). However I lack that at the time.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 01:37:23 PM by LOLSQUID 짬뽕 스페셜 »
Bad command or file name

Kyo Tanaka

• Don't worry Sakuya, I will (Uuu~♥) protect you...
« Reply #341 on: February 20, 2012, 06:02:55 PM »
I am requiring assistance with this issue I'm having.

On some classes, I won't hear certain sound effects. This is really bad on spy, since voices, deadringer, or his revolver won't make any noises at all. I don't know how to fix this issue.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #342 on: February 21, 2012, 12:18:53 AM »
Teamwork fuckyea

PS: I'm the Scout :V

lumber_of_the_beast

« Reply #343 on: February 21, 2012, 10:04:33 AM »
how am I better with the Direct Hit than the Black Box

Fetch()tirade

• serial time-waster
« Reply #344 on: February 21, 2012, 10:34:59 AM »

Maybe because of the +80% rocket speed.
Maybe because it hits upwards of 80 damage per rocket, and over 100 in mid-range.
Maybe you run into a lot of heavies.

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #345 on: February 21, 2012, 12:57:07 PM »
You get a lot of lucky kills for the most part. The real strength of any of the non-Direct Hit launchers is the ability to use splash to hit around corners, juggle people, hit groups, etc. which is a lot more useful once you get the hang of it.

« Reply #346 on: February 21, 2012, 04:25:06 PM »

You have 4 rockets.

Freyband

• Mpph! Mmm, mm mmm mph mmm!
« Reply #347 on: February 21, 2012, 11:01:23 PM »
Direct Hit is meant for taking out bigger, slower targets (because the spalsh really is the power of most rocket launchers). The LL and BB (the two rocket launchers carrying 3 rockets) are meant for killing smaller targets (the liberty launcher more-so then the black box), only having issues with heavies in most scenarios since base rocket damage (so for any that aren't cow mangler, or direct hit) is 90, which kills any class that isn't soldier or heavy in 2 (well placed) hits (unless overheal/health buff are applied). So quit whining about the 3 rockets, you're a soldier not a sissy (unless you want to be, whatever floats your boat)!
P.S. My last sentence is a joke. The number of soldiers I see complaining about the 3 rocket thing is kind of high.  :derp:
Steam - freyband
Xbox Live - Zeroxes
My TF2 Backpack

« Reply #348 on: February 22, 2012, 01:23:10 AM »
My Soldier career is almost entirely fueled by the Black Box, as it was my first Strange. I've gotten used to the 3 rockets, so it doesn't bother me much. That is, unless I rocket jump and try to kill people during my flight..

During my games, I see many Soldiers sporting the Direct Hit. The increased speed and power is nothing to scoff at.

In other news, I've finally gotten around to putting some time in on Demoman. MAN, I didn't know what I was missing. That surly bastard is lots of fun to play as. Especially with the Caber. >:D After two game sessions, my S Grenade Launcher logged in 300+ kills.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 01:26:32 AM by Dr.Strafe »

« Reply #349 on: February 22, 2012, 04:14:03 PM »
Goddamn this was one hell of an awesome game for me.

Maybe 50 percent of those kills are from my Postal Pummeler, and the rest is either burn damage or my shotgun.

And I think I've decided to main Pyro, :V

My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

theshirn

« Reply #350 on: February 22, 2012, 04:55:04 PM »

Maybe 50 percent of those kills are from my Postal Pummeler, and the rest is either burn damage or my shotgun.

And I think I've decided to main Pyro, :V
Mmmm, Viaduct.  Viaduct is spy heaven for me, but it's really just a map I can do very well with anyone on.  I like Viaduct.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Fetch()tirade

• serial time-waster
« Reply #351 on: February 22, 2012, 09:54:08 PM »

oh man i'd let rarity dominate me any d- * vaporized *

Pyro is a fun class. I'd play it more often if I didn't have such bad lag problems and didn't have to rely on hitscan to do well (engie's my second-most played class) :(
Now you and Exuro can have a blast shutting me down when I try to do anything the next time there's a meet :V

« Reply #352 on: February 23, 2012, 02:48:25 AM »
oh man i'd let rarity dominate me any d- * vaporized *

Pyro is a fun class. I'd play it more often if I didn't have such bad lag problems and didn't have to rely on hitscan to do well (engie's my second-most played class) :(
Now you and Exuro can have a blast shutting me down when I try to do anything the next time there's a meet :V

Yeah, there was a heated battle between us. I dominated him 3-5 times, I believe, and only dominated ne when he went Loch-and-Load Demoman. :V

Also, I'm looking forward to the next meet, whenever that is.

My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

theshirn

« Reply #353 on: February 23, 2012, 04:18:36 AM »
Ye gods, I'm topping leaderboards, and I've played ONE PERCENT of the time Stabby has.

That's...terrifying.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #354 on: February 23, 2012, 04:41:13 AM »
Lol I remember I was topping leaderboards as Spy

I went all, "there's something wrong with the game entirely...."

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #355 on: February 24, 2012, 12:48:37 AM »
So there's yet another new crate. (#39)

Loch-n-Load    
Overdose    
Knife    
A Mann's Mint    
After Eight    
Salty Dog    
Bloke's Bucket Hat    
Or an Exceedingly Rare Special Item!

Eh, I still want 38's to show up for me.
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #356 on: February 24, 2012, 01:07:29 AM »
Ooh, more opportunities for the Knife!
Bad command or file name

« Reply #357 on: February 24, 2012, 01:12:12 AM »
guys where do you find all the prices for stuff in TF2?

I need that now, because I'm going to sell an s.bonesaw.

My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #358 on: February 24, 2012, 01:20:06 AM »
Here.

S. Bonesaws go for 0.22 ref, a rather low amount (2 scrap).
Bad command or file name

« Reply #359 on: February 24, 2012, 01:22:23 AM »
gdi

oh well, I'm saving up for s.shotgun and s.degreaser for my pyro stuff. shame that it's only 2 scrap.

My TF2 Backpack of DOOM