Author Topic: Team Fortress 64  (Read 222848 times)

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
Re: Team Fortress 64
« Reply #300 on: February 13, 2012, 03:48:46 AM »
The Pomson is one of the worst things for me to see when playing Spy.  That thing is basically a hard counter.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

« Reply #301 on: February 13, 2012, 07:37:28 AM »
"Kinda quick" is relative.  Even if you only get hit once, that's 3.2 seconds that the enemy has to kill you before you can activate it.  3.2 seconds is a long damned time in TF2 (think of how many stickies and rockets could be coming your way in that time), and unless you got hit right as you rounded a corner there's a good chance you'll die if you were trying to get through a choke point.
You're making it seem like the Pomson negates your disguise when hit. Your scenario is circumstantial, along the lines of if your disguise is compromised or non-existent. If that were to happen, would you prefer to stand and fight or retreat and try again? If you're in disguise and the Pomson shots are part of a random Spy-check, then continue your role and hopefully they'll get disinterested. The worst thing that could happen is getting hit by a full four shots on the check, or a Pyro joining the scene. It's up to you whether or not you want to lose your disguise while trying to fight back.

Like I said with the Medic, the shots aren't difficult to dodge. Maybe I've just been playing against Engineers with horrible aim and Spy-checking skills. :V

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #302 on: February 13, 2012, 07:57:15 AM »
Dammit, I haven't been able to play since before the Australian Christmas patch hit :C

Is this Pomson an Engineer shotgun, or does it shoot some kind of ball projectile thingy, or what? And what exactly does the fancy new Pyro secondary gun do?

« Reply #303 on: February 13, 2012, 08:28:19 AM »
Is this Pomson an Engineer shotgun, or does it shoot some kind of ball projectile thingy, or what? And what exactly does the fancy new Pyro secondary gun do?
Yeah, the Pomson is pretty much a Cow Mangler for Engineer, except that the shots drain Uber and Cloak on your enemies and you cannot do a "charge shot". The Pyro secondary, Manmelter, is similar to the Flare Gun, but has the ability to extinguish allies in order to gain guaranteed crits.

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
« Reply #304 on: February 13, 2012, 08:35:36 AM »
You're making it seem like the Pomson negates your disguise when hit. Your scenario is circumstantial, along the lines of if your disguise is compromised or non-existent.
Disguises don't work well against good players.  If you're fortunate they'll buy you the seconds needed between the time you uncloak until you reach your target and stab it.  If not you get spy checked and die before being able to do anything.

The #1 rule about spies is that everyone is a spy.  If you have ammo and aren't actively shooting at someone, you should be shooting at any and all "teammates" that you don't see actively firing a weapon.  This goes thrice if you're an engineer.  As engineer I kill most spies before they get in range to sap any of my buildings (unless they're at spawn).

The only spies that are really annoying are those that do nothing but hang around spawn and sap teleporters the entire round.

Is this Pomson an Engineer shotgun, or does it shoot some kind of ball projectile thingy
It's an engineer primary that shoots projectiles like the Righteous Bison, but also saps uber/cloak.

And what exactly does the fancy new Pyro secondary gun do?
Flare gun without crits against people on fire.  M2 lets you extinguish teammates, and gives a crit for each person you put out.
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

« Reply #305 on: February 13, 2012, 09:40:05 AM »
Dammit, I haven't been able to play since before the Australian Christmas patch hit :C

Pomson bullets go right through someone, just like a righteous bison. On hit, it reduces cloak or ubercharge meter, depending on what you hit. Being an energy gun, it doesn't have bullets.

The Manmelter's a secondary laser gun for the Pyro. Oh alt-fire, it extinguishes burnt teammates, and adds a guaranteed crit on the manmelter.

Thanks to GreenVirus for the Siggy.
My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #306 on: February 14, 2012, 07:15:10 AM »
I have a Strange Dead Ringer and I want something good for it. Mostly weapons I don't have but metal and keys are OK too.

« Reply #307 on: February 14, 2012, 07:36:04 AM »
I have a Strange Dead Ringer and I want something good for it. Mostly weapons I don't have but metal and keys are OK too.
Gpop was interested in one a while ago. I think he was going to give something like 3 Refined for it? Although.. some people have been asking for more for one.

Anything in particular that you're looking for?  TF2TP is quite useful for expanding the scope of trading. I'm sure you could do a couple of exchanges to get what you want, as Strange Dead Ringers are still in fairly high demand.

N-Forza

« Reply #308 on: February 14, 2012, 08:57:34 AM »
I checked and didn't see anything of interest except for one guy who already made the trade. In fact, I guess Gpop's offer is the best I've seen so far.

« Reply #309 on: February 14, 2012, 11:20:26 AM »
1 key is the lowest I've ever seen for an S.DR. Most of the others sell them for 5 ref.

I'll just wait till s.dr's go to 2 ref status before I set my sights on one.

My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #310 on: February 14, 2012, 12:19:40 PM »
Going price for S. DRs now seem to be 2 keys according to pricing guides, which roughly correlates to 5 ref.

I'll just try and unbox my own, I guess. Have an S38 for that in my alternate account, just not the keys (or the spare funds for them).
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #311 on: February 14, 2012, 01:23:56 PM »
I checked and didn't see anything of interest except for one guy who already made the trade. In fact, I guess Gpop's offer is the best I've seen so far.

yeah 3 refined so far, but I might throw in a key since I think I might have enough money for one.

Freyband

• Mpph! Mmm, mm mmm mph mmm!
« Reply #312 on: February 14, 2012, 10:35:53 PM »
According to this  guide EP posted awhile ago, S DR goes for 1.5-2 keys (one key is 2.55 refined). If Gpop we're offering 3 ref and a key  you'd be getting about 5.5 refined.
Edit:
Turned on TF2 to see what new was added... Then I get a bunch of spam notices about these ring proposals... (The first of which involved some sorry SOB getting called a "faget," by whoever he was stupid enough to offer it to). I really hope that we don't get notices for each of these damn things -.- (moreover I hope they make it so we don't, because we currently do). Fun stuff logging into tf2 and thinking Im getting a notice calling me a "faget" (I mistook the notices as a PM at first, failing to read the notice in it's entirety).
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 12:52:33 AM by Zeroxes »
Steam - freyband
Xbox Live - Zeroxes
My TF2 Backpack

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #313 on: February 14, 2012, 10:46:48 PM »
According to this  guide EP posted awhile ago, S DR goes for 1.5-2 keys (one key is 2.55 refined). If Gpop we're offering 3 ref and a key  you'd be getting about 5.5 refined.
I'll take a ref then and give 2 ref and 1 key :V if that's alright with him though, since it'll be 4.55 instead.

I was originally saving them up to craft a hat for the silent cloak set :V

« Reply #314 on: February 15, 2012, 12:43:44 AM »
I was originally saving them up to craft a hat for the silent cloak set :V

A Fez only goes for 2.55 Refined you would be better off just buying one, I bought a level 95 Fez for 2.55 ref.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #315 on: February 15, 2012, 01:12:40 AM »
Sandvich nerf takes effect as of latest update (not surprised, but where's the more needed Enforcer nerf >:()...and oh great, these rings are added to make an extra dimension of annoyance in the game. Already received a ton of complaints about it on Steam, mostly due to the global announcement of these rings being accepted as well as the bad taste in some of these (tons of innuendos about, from what I've heard).

This game gets all the more absurd and sillier with each update....
Bad command or file name

« Reply #316 on: February 15, 2012, 03:58:03 AM »
Yes, the whole ring announcement thing is quite annoying. One time, I had 5 pop up within a 10 second timeframe. It was frustrating to constantly have to stop to clear off the announcements, else my field of vision would be blocked. Hopefully this nonsense is just for February 14th.

N-Forza

« Reply #317 on: February 15, 2012, 04:33:11 AM »
People just have more money than sense.

Speaking of, I'll take that offer of 2 ref and a key, Gpop. Add me and we'll trade later.

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #318 on: February 15, 2012, 05:50:32 AM »
People just have more money than sense.

Speaking of, I'll take that offer of 2 ref and a key, Gpop. Add me and we'll trade later.
What's your Steam again?

Freyband

• Mpph! Mmm, mm mmm mph mmm!
« Reply #319 on: February 15, 2012, 06:15:50 AM »
What's your Steam again?
Look in the lower right hand corner of his response. You'll see a small steam icon. Push button, receive answer.
Steam - freyband
Xbox Live - Zeroxes
My TF2 Backpack

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #320 on: February 15, 2012, 02:31:53 PM »
Look in the lower right hand corner of his response. You'll see a small steam icon. Push button, receive answer.
...right, still not used to that yet :V

« Reply #322 on: February 17, 2012, 02:12:59 PM »
Heard of the Black Rose, everyone?

I have just a little favor to ask you all. (I'm glaring at you, people from the US region. Help out a lonely asian here. :V :V :V :V :V :V :V

Appreciate it.
So, your area isn't whitelisted for the game? I'll look into it for ya.

It's a nice looking knife. I wouldn't mind having one for myself too :V
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 02:15:02 PM by Dr.Strafe »

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #323 on: February 17, 2012, 02:17:20 PM »
Alpha and I played AVA briefly to get said knife, which does look nice indeed. The knife, however, will require gift wrap to send. Can't say much about the game though, which is essentially a really bad version of Counter-Strike Online with some Battlefield Play4Free (or better, Pay2Win) elements.

I'll get it using my alternate account and we can arrange a deal.
Bad command or file name

N-Forza

« Reply #324 on: February 17, 2012, 02:49:49 PM »
Just download the Steam Achievement Unlocker. It'll save you from installing that terrible anti-hacking software, too.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #325 on: February 17, 2012, 02:50:58 PM »

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

« Reply #326 on: February 17, 2012, 02:52:35 PM »
do want

what did i tell you :V

my cousin and I want one as well.

ALSO EP THANK YOU, just fucking wait, I swear.

Also Forza, are you sure that that thing doesn't get me banned or something? I'm kind of worried.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 03:17:19 PM by Yukarin »

My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

« Reply #327 on: February 17, 2012, 03:35:24 PM »
Also Forza, are you sure that that thing doesn't get me banned or something? I'm kind of worried.
Not sure, since your region doesn't allow the game at all. Just make sure that none of your Steam games are running whenever you use the program and you should be fine.

If you don't want a trace of the game on your account, then unlock the achievement using the program. Log into TF2 to claim the knife. Then exit TF2 to use the program again to remove the achievement. You'll keep the knife but won't have any record of playing the game. This way, it makes it seem like you traded for the knife. Well, damn. While this method does work, other people will still show that you unlocked the achievement. :V
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 03:57:47 PM by Dr.Strafe »

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #328 on: February 17, 2012, 03:43:16 PM »
This does show a trace that you did get the achievement in the Steam Community blotter, though. This wouldn't be a problem if there weren't at least 3 other achievements that came before that, but thanks to those, it is a bit obvious that there is something fishy going on.

Now, whether Valve will bother enforcing this kind of rule is another question entirely, but going by the Cheater's Lament incident and all the fake idle servers, I'd remain wary.

EDIT: Speaking of traces, removing the game content through Steam still leaves the nProtect GameGuard service in all its rootkit-esque damnation. In your Steam directory, go to /steamapps/common, delete the ava directory, then under Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services search for an nProtect entity; double-click it, stop the service if it isn't already, and set Startup Type to Disabled.

Afterwards search your hard drive for *.des files. Go to GameMon.des's directory (under /Windows/SysWOW64 on 64-bit Win7, unsure of other OSes); delete that, nppt9x.vxd, and npptNT2.sys.

To finalise things, go to regedit and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SYSTEM\\CurrentControlSet\\Services\\ and delete the entire npggsvc branch. It'll take effect on reboot.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 02:24:30 PM by LOLSQUID 짬뽕 스페셜 »
Bad command or file name

Gc

• youtu.be/pRZpjlrKM8A
« Reply #329 on: February 17, 2012, 07:20:02 PM »
Alternatively, the people of TF2 could refrain from going batshit insane over a knife reskin that is functionally identical to the vanilla knife.
Besides potentially causing more lag because
  • More models to hog memory at the same time
  • More polygons in the reskin