Author Topic: I ask of you, are you my master's father? Fate/Zero thread!  (Read 76399 times)

PX

• School Idol?
Re: I ask of you, are you my master's father? Fate/Zero thread!
« Reply #90 on: October 26, 2011, 02:00:14 AM »
:V Next episode is going to be awesome. It also personifies why it's much better than the 5th war, and I can summarize it in two words.

Spoiler:
TEAM DEATHMATCH

Spoiler:
Also, BAASAAKAA is the most badass servant ever.

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #91 on: October 26, 2011, 03:25:19 AM »
Both FSN/Z Lancers are handsome Celtic men.
Perhaps all Celts are handsome
and hence handsome Celts are always Lancers...
let that sink in for a moment...

mmmm... what a great time to exist in.
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #92 on: October 26, 2011, 03:28:09 AM »
If I remember right, a lot of the Fianna were supposed to be very handsome, so you might be onto something there...

And of course C? Chulainn was supposed to be pretty hot too.  Well, when he wasn't in R?astrad at least. >.>

Berserker where are youuuuuuuuu???
Always save the best 'till last.

...Well, seeing Rider they're obviously not following that to the letter, but still.
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

« Reply #93 on: October 26, 2011, 08:16:24 AM »
One thing I'm still confused/curious about:
Spoiler:
Where the hell do Lancer's lances come from? The names don't help, G?e dearg and G?e bhu? meaning red and yellow spear respectively. On top of that, Diarmuid isn't known for being a lancer. Or anything very much for that matter, aside from his love spot (Which whenever a more precise location than "His face" is given, it's on his forehead), and being gored to death by a boar. Now I'm sure he would have used spears at some point, since basically every warrior did, but how did they end up as a noble phantasm?
How the hell did he get summoned?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 08:18:03 AM by Desu_Cake »

miracle★cookie

• 時よ止まれ、お前は美しい
« Reply #94 on: October 26, 2011, 11:15:14 AM »
One thing I'm still confused/curious about:
Spoiler:
Where the hell do Lancer's lances come from? The names don't help, G?e dearg and G?e bhu? meaning red and yellow spear respectively. On top of that, Diarmuid isn't known for being a lancer. Or anything very much for that matter, aside from his love spot (Which whenever a more precise location than "His face" is given, it's on his forehead), and being gored to death by a boar. Now I'm sure he would have used spears at some point, since basically every warrior did, but how did they end up as a noble phantasm?
How the hell did he get summoned?
Spoiler:
one thing to take into consideration is that Diarmuid's stories differ between sources; i've once read that his beauty spot (ball seirce?) is somewhere on his shoulder. i guess most sources agree that it is somewhere on his forehead and he keeps a cap to cover it (?). here it's near the corner of his eye is probably to symbolize his tragic life; it's called a tear mole iirc.

about the spears. it has actually been stated in stories that Diarmuid has two spears called Gae Dearg and Gae Buidhe, as well as two swords named Moralltach (Great Fury) and Beagalltach (Little Fury). afaik the two spears didn't have any special ability other than to deal wounds that can not be healed. i dunno what Beagalltach does but apparently Moralltach can destroy everything in one hit. maybe he should have been a Saber instead.

it is said that he carries Gae Dearg and Moralltach for greater adventures and Gae Buidhe & Beagalltach for lesser adventures. he didn't listen to his wife before going on the boar hunt and took Gae Buidhe and Beagalltach. he threw Gae Buidhe at the boar and apparently it didnt scratch the boar. so in the end he used Beagalltach to kill the boar (not the blade, apparently the sword broke and Diarmuid smashed the boar's skull with the hilt)...but ofc he died as well

and seeing as how Gil got summoned with the first snake skin. im guessing Kayneth summoned Diarmuid with the boar's fangs

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #95 on: October 27, 2011, 04:29:21 AM »
Spoiler:

It seems for sure that servants are summoned via an object that poses significant examples to them, or were of particular affinity to them. The first snake skin was Gil, as with Saber's conceptual weapon Excalibur's sheath, (if I recall she has two swords, one is Caliburn and the real thing being Excalibur). Of course giving this is fiction, I am fairly certain the magical properties concerning the red spear being able to dispel magic, and the yellow being able to deal wounds that didn't heal... (even by magic, certainly that implies the red spear could do a better job no?) are entirely fictional... additions.
Then again... I really have no exact idea how one can summon their future self into the past... when they are NOT even heroes here... so... (Emiya Shirou being summoned by Rin as Archer etc) how exactly does this system work? I for one, think is *~~*I DUNNO LOL*~~*
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #96 on: October 27, 2011, 04:48:16 AM »
Simple.

Spoiler:
Summoning a Servant requires a few things: A magic circle, a summoning spell, and a catalyst. The catalyst is completely optional though. If a catalyst is used, then the Grail will summon whatever Heroic Spirit was most affiliated with the catalyst. As such, the first snake skin shed refers to how Gilgamesh lost his potion of immortality to a snake which explains why snakes shed their skin, sheath of Excalibur = Arthur, etc. Rin used the Pendant as a catalyst to summon a spirit, and as a result, she got Archer, because the Pendant was the item that saved his life and thus was most affiliated with him. However, if a catalyst is not used, then the Heroic Spirit that is summoned is the one whose personality is most like that of the summoner. So if you were an asshole, chances are the guy you summon would also be an asshole.

Now let's explain Heroic Spirits. What are Heroic Spirits? They are people, from all periods of time on earth, that accomplished a great achievement during their life time and become an object of worship and lore after their deaths. After being recognized as a Heroic Spirit, they are thrown into an alternate space known as the Throne of Heroes, where they are left isolated until they are called for. Unless the world summons them, they will be left there for all of eternity. The Throne of Heroes exists in a plane that is parallel to time, so they can be summoned at any time, any place. However, the Spirits are not summoned, but a copy of them lacking any soul.

Now, on to Archer. He is not an ordinary Heroic Spirit, but rather he is a Counter Guardian. Counter Guardians make a deal with the world, that in exchange for power to achieve a miracle, they will serve the world forever once they die. These people are summoned throughout time and space, as they are also in the Throne of Heroes, but these people are specifically summoned by the world whenever mankind is threatened. They are not heroes, but ordinary people who gained power through a contract with the world, and are condemned to forever save mankind.

And that concludes our Type-Moon lesson for today. Any questions?

CS

• Undying hunger
  • Om nom nom
« Reply #97 on: October 27, 2011, 04:48:56 AM »
If memory serves right,
Spoiler:
Rin used one of her jewels (I think) as a catalyst to summon Archer, and if I am not mistaken, it was the same one she had used to save Shirou's life after he had been stabbed by Lancer, so maybe that's the connection?
Big chance what I'm saying here is wrong, though since I never played the VN. So maybe someone who did can correct me there.

Not sure if I should even use spoiler tags there but I'm using them just in case.

EDIT: Nevermind, seems it's already been answered
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 04:50:29 AM by CS »
Madness?

« Reply #98 on: October 27, 2011, 09:30:33 AM »
Spoiler:
one thing to take into consideration is that Diarmuid's stories differ between sources; i've once read that his beauty spot (ball seirce?) is somewhere on his shoulder. i guess most sources agree that it is somewhere on his forehead and he keeps a cap to cover it (?). here it's near the corner of his eye is probably to symbolize his tragic life; it's called a tear mole iirc.

about the spears. it has actually been stated in stories that Diarmuid has two spears called Gae Dearg and Gae Buidhe, as well as two swords named Moralltach (Great Fury) and Beagalltach (Little Fury). afaik the two spears didn't have any special ability other than to deal wounds that can not be healed. i dunno what Beagalltach does but apparently Moralltach can destroy everything in one hit. maybe he should have been a Saber instead.

it is said that he carries Gae Dearg and Moralltach for greater adventures and Gae Buidhe & Beagalltach for lesser adventures. he didn't listen to his wife before going on the boar hunt and took Gae Buidhe and Beagalltach. he threw Gae Buidhe at the boar and apparently it didnt scratch the boar. so in the end he used Beagalltach to kill the boar (not the blade, apparently the sword broke and Diarmuid smashed the boar's skull with the hilt)...but ofc he died as well

and seeing as how Gil got summoned with the first snake skin. im guessing Kayneth summoned Diarmuid with the boar's fangs

Ah, so that's it. We only learned the lovey dovey side of the story.
(Damn girls schools. Why do you assume that we don't want to hear about heroes and fighting?)

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #99 on: October 27, 2011, 12:39:04 PM »
Finally caught up with this.
Dat fight. Ufotable does not fail.

« Reply #100 on: October 27, 2011, 03:24:38 PM »
[nsfw]http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/1023733/ahoge-armor-black_hair-blonde_hair-blood-brown_eye[/nsfw](danbo)

miracle★cookie

• 時よ止まれ、お前は美しい
« Reply #101 on: October 27, 2011, 05:18:12 PM »
^
[nsfw]http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/3018/33781120668892802111484.jpg[/nsfw]
saber's ultimate
Spoiler:
attack

« Reply #102 on: October 27, 2011, 05:51:09 PM »
EX
Spoiler:
-TENKO
CALIBUR

miracle★cookie

• 時よ止まれ、お前は美しい
« Reply #103 on: October 29, 2011, 04:34:43 PM »
berserkeeeeer. also dat BGM

Moerin

« Reply #104 on: October 29, 2011, 04:40:24 PM »
Spoiler:
"Would you like to taste this little girl's blade, King of Conquerors?"
totally needs to become the new "King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?".  >.>

Also holy crap now I remember why I always prefered Zero to the original VN. >.>

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

Byaaakuren

• Youkai Jesus, Queen of the Monks
    • Animu List
« Reply #105 on: October 29, 2011, 10:19:50 PM »
Berserker, why you so badass?

I thank my friend for the sig <3
My noob replays :V
Tumblr (I post NSFW stuff there)

Moerin

« Reply #106 on: October 29, 2011, 11:06:00 PM »
Seeing who he is, it'd be an insult if he was anything other than a complete and utter badass.

...And the best is still yet to come, eheheh~

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
« Reply #107 on: October 30, 2011, 07:08:17 AM »
Man, Rider completely controlled this episode XD
Spoiler:
And it's always nice to see Gilgamesh getting humiliated <3

« Reply #108 on: October 30, 2011, 12:04:32 PM »
Rider confirmed for best character.

KFCbbQ

• Taking over the world.
« Reply #109 on: October 30, 2011, 01:35:40 PM »
Spoiler:
Damn I was hoping that Emiya actually pulled the trigger, but seeing Berserker getting ran over by Rider's vehicle is pretty amusing too.

I really feel the urge to peek at the novel to find out what goes on now, please.. someone stop me!

DarkslimeZ

• A REIMU SLIME APPEARED.
  • COMMAND?
    • Eternal Temporality
« Reply #110 on: October 30, 2011, 02:23:04 PM »
Rider confirmed for best character.

This was confirmed in episode 2 already

[14:12] <~BoredTSO> you need to have enough fissile material in a certain density to reach supercriticality

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #111 on: October 30, 2011, 04:58:43 PM »
Berserker, why you so badass?

I came 270,000 buckets when he howled, another 50,000 for each time he flips a weapon back at Gil, and 50,000 more each when he attacked Saber.
This IS SUPERIOR BERSERKER, learn something Hercules, you suck at it.

Moerin

« Reply #112 on: October 30, 2011, 05:09:24 PM »
Yeah, no offence to Herc, but he has nothing on the Black Knight.  Then again, I think that the only F/SN Servant that isn't ultimately inferior to their Zero counterpart is Saber, due to being the same person and all. >.>

...Um... And Archer, I guess.  Although Gil is pretty much just classed as "Gilgamesh" in F/SN anyways, so... It still works, I guess.

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #113 on: October 30, 2011, 05:46:50 PM »
Gil isn't so much as badass as being utterly annoying obnoxious, that his badass party comes only when he wields Enuma Elish.
then again, having Archer class skill Independent Action is really a one way ticket to 'use your badassery when necessary'/

Magic resistance wise, I think Herc still beats the Black Knight.
Dunno if strength is the same though, Hercules has some pretty awesome stats but derp growl growl HULK SMASHHHHHH.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #114 on: October 30, 2011, 05:53:04 PM »
A better Rider in every way, that is for sure. Ruining everyone's subterfuge.

Spoiler:
I wonder if Bluebeard knows who Sabre is, or if he has just mistaken her for Joan of Arc?

Also fuck alls yalls, Gil is awesome.

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #115 on: October 30, 2011, 06:04:06 PM »
Spoiler:
Saber Alter x Black Knight Hate(berserk) sex
OTP

Gil ain't got nothin, heck, just to spite everyone I am rooting also for Bluebeard because well damn, I like his every bit as psychotic as I dunno, a psycho?
I wonder what can make one summon the Texas Chainsaw Massacre murderer to your aid? I imagine it is possible...

That said,
Spoiler:
I am fairly surprised by how easily agitated Lancer's master get by a few words from Rider, he is easily humiliated, not a cool head. I like how Lancer, Rider and Saber all have knight like honor feelings, they seem ill-fitted to be fighting each other than honorably working together. (lest of all fighting the Black Knight is clearly necessary for at least one pair... as Berserker class proved in FSN prior is near damn well invincible during 1 vs 1s)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 06:07:35 PM by ♛ 禁断の夢双 »

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #116 on: October 30, 2011, 06:08:26 PM »
@Purvis
Spoiler:
The latter, this'll be shown next episode.

Regarding Herc vs Zero/Berserker
Spoiler:
This is a rather interesting battle, but I have no clue who will win in the fight WITHOUT OUTSIDE INTERFERENCE due to how Herc's NP works. Regarding stats, Herc does have a higher level of Mad Enhancement, but if they had the same level, he would still out Zero/Berserker in Strength and Mana, and barely lose out on Agility and Luck.

Hmm... Okay, after reading it more closely, Zero/Berserker wins against Hercules. His A strength stat allows him to defeat God Hand even with E Rank Noble Phantasms, and he also has his True Noble Phantasm for overkill.

Regarding Archer vs Gilgamesh
Spoiler:
Gil would win without a doubt if he weren't such an arrogant prick. If he were fighting seriously, with a cool head, he would be able to smash EMIYA to pieces, and he his stats are a hell of a lot better.

Moerin

« Reply #117 on: October 30, 2011, 06:10:51 PM »
Gil is awesomer in Zero than he was in the original. >.>  For one thing, he never used
Spoiler:
Vimana
in F/SN.  And F/SN Rider was pretty cool, but only in the one route they never animated and so the one route that's not as well known as the other two.  Poor, poor F/SN Rider...

Spoiler:
I wonder if Bluebeard knows who Sabre is, or if he has just mistaken her for Joan of Arc?
I thought some of his dialogue made it obvious which, really.  Although this is coming from someone who has prior knowledge of what's to come, so maybe it just seemed obvious because of that.

Regarding Archer vs Gilgamesh
Spoiler:
Gil would win without a doubt if he weren't such an arrogant prick. If he were fighting seriously, with a cool head, he would be able to smash EMIYA to pieces, and he his stats are a hell of a lot better.
Spoiler:
EMIYA also lacks Ea and Vimana, which just gives more points in Gil's favour. >.> <.<

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #118 on: October 30, 2011, 06:45:56 PM »
This episode. Holy shit.
OST Fucking where.

Byaaakuren

• Youkai Jesus, Queen of the Monks
    • Animu List
« Reply #119 on: October 30, 2011, 08:38:36 PM »
Seeing who he is, it'd be an insult if he was anything other than a complete and utter badass.

...And the best is still yet to come, eheheh~

That is true. I can't wait to see the part where
Spoiler:
Berserker and Archer fight again

A better Rider in every way, that is for sure. Ruining everyone's subterfuge.

Spoiler:

Also fuck alls yalls, Gil is awesome.

Spoiler:
Caster refuses to accept that Saber isn't Joan of Arc

I wonder why they didn't show
Spoiler:
Kariya struggling against the pain while trying to tell Berserker to stop when he went after Saber.

I thank my friend for the sig <3
My noob replays :V
Tumblr (I post NSFW stuff there)