Author Topic: Touhou 13: 東方 神霊廟 ~ Ten Desires. Full desired article. [spoiler warning]  (Read 147672 times)

Wait really? What happens?

For non spells (needs clarification) she stays dead, however for spells Seiga revives, making your survival chances more lower e.g - during seiga's 3rd spell? i think if you keep killing yoshika, she'll eventually slowly go down, towards you making it harder.

During her third nonspell, if you kill Yoshika she makes the knife stream she shoots -much- more dense than how it usually is.

Metaflare

• Happening Cat of the Middle of Nowhere
  • Welp is not a good nickname
Well I knew she could die during spells, but didn't know she could during nonspells.

During her third nonspell, if you kill Yoshika she makes the knife stream she shoots -much- more dense than how it usually is.

And now I know to never do that.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
What do you know, this is pretty fun.

Mimachiro

• Master of the Swimsuit
  • Making being an evil spirit look good
    • Tondemonai
You guys try to avoid killing Yoshika? I purposely kill her during spells, so I can get clean shots at Seiga without the shield in the way. Works for me in normal. Haven't tried to Hard or Lunatic, though, so I don't know if that strategy would do me was well.

"I don't have anything against you, but I hope you're ready to die a dog's death!
Oh, don't worry, that cat will carry off your body, so you'll be able to live in our place!"

Metaflare

• Happening Cat of the Middle of Nowhere
  • Welp is not a good nickname
Only during non-spells. She's less in-the-way then. Otherwise she gets full bullet-treatment

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
Eh, it's probably worth avoiding hitting her during Seiga's first spell, too. At least on Lunatic, I hear that when she revives there it can get real nasty.

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
"Killing" Yoshika during Seiga's spells is so much fun simply because of how she looks when she falls over still looking all happy and waving her arms.
It's like "I'm useful :D"

Formless God

>dense knives
>fun

Eh ... the 3rd NS ends faster if you just stay below Seiga. There is no reason to shoot Yoshika at all. In fact, you should only see its retard phase with a) Youmu b) a bomb.

EDIT: Nothing happens in the first two non-spells.

i think if you keep killing yoshika, she'll eventually slowly go down, towards you making it harder.
No, she constantly approaches you. Kill her, wait for Seiga to go down, shoot Seiga, misdirect, repeat is how you do it.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 06:20:10 AM by Anarchy Formless »

Eh, it's probably worth avoiding hitting her during Seiga's first spell, too. At least on Lunatic, I hear that when she revives there it can get real nasty.

It is. If you shoot Yoshika in Seiga's first card you'll want to move out to the sides to allow more room to dodge. Its basically the non-spell plus Yoshika firing stuff so things can really get in your way. Its pretty fun that way though.

Wait really? What happens?
Super Seiga Knife Rain!

Well, for her third spell. Her first and second nonspells do nothing special when Yoshika dies, and Seiga doesn't even attempt to revive her.

Speaking of killing Yoshika, someone did a pacifist timeout of Seiga's second spell on lunatic. It becomes so difficult without killing Yoshika later on that the video happens to be a TAS run for 15 fps. I wonder if any of our Touhou lunatics would like to try it.

TMiles

• Let's party!
I only timed the second card on hard without killing yoshika, but that's because I don't have the Lunatic version ready to try.

Super Seiga Knife Rain!

Well, for her third spell. Her first and second nonspells do nothing special when Yoshika dies, and Seiga doesn't even attempt to revive her.

Speaking of killing Yoshika, someone did a pacifist timeout of Seiga's second spell on lunatic. It becomes so difficult without killing Yoshika later on that the video happens to be a TAS run for 15 fps. I wonder if any of our Touhou lunatics would like to try it.

You mind linking to that video? I can't find it.

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
"Killing" Yoshika during Seiga's spells is so much fun simply because of how she looks when she falls over still looking all happy and waving her arms.
It's like "I'm useful :D"
Sounds about right.

You mind linking to that video? I can't find it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6AQZUFwyYs
I only timed the second card on hard without killing yoshika, but that's because I don't have the Lunatic version ready to try.
Dayum :o
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 04:55:53 PM by GuppyForce »

TMiles

• Let's party!
Testing the card I see it's almost impossible to do it on Lunatic, I only last until 27 seconds.

The hard version was much easier to timeout  :ohdear:

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kVNON9zcw4 Had to do it in 30 fps, also showed the hard timeout.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 09:19:22 PM by TMiles »

Ehe.... well, uhmm... Ask Jaimers, I'm not in the mood for kicking little girls in the kidneys right now.  :V
When I first tried to time it out I thought maybe other cards would be ranking up too but I've only seen Yuyuko go nuts like that. I managed to time her out but Seiga here seems to be quite a bit out of my league. Which is something I never expected to be saying.

Oh yeah I know that Mamizou's final is supposed to rank up too but I haven't seen it.

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
Hmm, it's definitely possible seeing as I just got it down to 00.80 seconds.  :V
You'll need some really good reflexes and misdirection skills to do this, although Seiga's random movement can sometimes screw you over.
Will give it a few more attempts later.

Oh yeah I know that Mamizou's final is supposed to rank up too but I haven't seen it.

Wasn't that just the normal final phase that kicks in at the end?

Hmm, it's definitely possible seeing as I just got it down to 00.80 seconds.  :V
You'll need some really good reflexes and misdirection skills to do this, although Seiga's random movement can sometimes screw you over.

I thought it would be possible. Didn't feel much like trying for it though.

Wasn't that just the normal final phase that kicks in at the end?

I dunno, its not like I tried it. The thought about about timing out that card and its ridiculously long timer was enough to cause my PC to shut itself off in boredom. I was told that the attack would have a significant final phase.

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.

TMiles

• Let's party!
Daaaaaamn, I tried again but it looks like someone did it first  :ohdear:

Holy fuck Sakuya's knife spam is nothing compared to Seiga's!

Formless God

fuck dis shit

It's possible to always stay at the bottom though.

J.O.B

• YOU CAN'T MAKE ME CHANGE
Actually I think it does.
I just tried timing it out and after the 25 second mark I think it started to get harder as she started shooting faster.
I can upload a replay if wanted (I failed though).

Drake

I'm trying to TAS this now but it's fucking curvy lasers and knives and blocking problems so I can't just do whatever I fucking want and I keep dying and it's pissing me off.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
I just wanna know if/when there's gonna be a vsync patch for this.
I want 90FPS Mamizou already...

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
Seiga does what Yoshikan't.

ふとくていなねこじょおう

• Cirno Kisaragi
  • When Ice Cars completely miss the intended target
Seiga does what Yoshikan't.

This must become a meme. Like, yesterday.  :getdown:
"I'm not sure about this anymore...Are you sure this is safe?"

"Absolutely! This is 100% safe! ...Not."