Author Topic: Touhou 13: 東方 神霊廟 ~ Ten Desires. Full desired article. [spoiler warning]  (Read 147703 times)

AJS

• Danmakufu Scripter
It seems that the reason I have so much trouble with Mamizou's last non-spell and final spell card is because my computer lags during those attacks, so it's hard to move accurately.  Anyone have any suggestions on how I could possibly take care of this slowdown?  I've already tried going to the Task Manager and setting the priority for th13.exe to "High", and that doesn't seem to have done anything.

VIVItheFujoshi

• Blackouts=Makeouts! ;)
  • hohoho~*
    • in devianart
finally scanned,but obviously warning spoilers...look in my DA.
warning spoilers - if no want break the surprise, don?t see it
http://vivitheheiwa.deviantart.com/art/Ten-desires-Touhou-boss-cast-255035250

Monochrome Rainbow~* Technicolor Ochoufujoshi!
(?y ahora en espa?ol ,yay!) he will be Adequate?

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Always a pleasure, Vivi. Love your drawing style.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
That Yuyuko. Everything is so lovely. But that Yuyuko...! So... Yuyulovely.

I must go looking for more of your art.

AJS

• Danmakufu Scripter
Dat tail....... :o

lumber_of_the_beast

So, the only way to get a decent number of lives/bombs is to Trance at the right points... and the only way to fill your Trance meter at a decent rate is to sit right under the bosses while they are trying to kill you.

Welp, time to start waiting for TH14.

Mimachiro

• Master of the Swimsuit
  • Making being an evil spirit look good
    • Tondemonai
So, the only way to get a decent number of lives/bombs is to Trance at the right points... and the only way to fill your Trance meter at a decent rate is to sit right under the bosses while they are trying to kill you.
Actually, it's faster to fill the trance meter by chaining enemies.

"I don't have anything against you, but I hope you're ready to die a dog's death!
Oh, don't worry, that cat will carry off your body, so you'll be able to live in our place!"

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU

Sorry I couldn't look any longer, my nose just started flooding the house.

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

game2011

• magneiptVE
    • Unsurpassed ??asual Dating - Real Women
When can we talk about the new characters outside of this topic?

Thanks in advance!

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
Daw, so adorable xD

Drake

Welp, time to start waiting for TH14.
You basically don't have to do anything extraordinary to get as many resources as you need.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

lumber_of_the_beast

Actually, it's faster to fill the trance meter by chaining enemies.
chaining
You're really not convincing me I should fail at playing this on Easy when I can go beat PCB Normal instead.

You basically don't have to do anything extraordinary to get as many resources as you need.
You're not helping, either. If I was getting the resources I needed, I obviously wouldn't be complaining about the difficulty, now, would I?

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
If you are comparing this game on Easy to any other on Normal you are doing something fundamentally wrong.
I've got a very low skill-level in Touhou-games and yet I've 1CC'd this one with all four charas and without major issues, on Easy of course, usually with several lives and even bombs to spare. Just shoot everything as you would anyway, and you will get more than enough Trance. That is already "chaining", just the same stuff you do all the time :P
And when a lot of fragments are going to pop up, use Trance and collect them all. Rinse and repeat, it's not even something you really have to think about much, nor does it require much skill.

Drake

You have it backwards. You're convincing yourself that the game isn't letting you win because you can't see what the game expects of you. You won't accept any help since you already hold the notion that the game isn't worth playing because you can't beat it.

If you want to reject help and stay terrible at this game then so be it.

lumber_of_the_beast

KrackoCloud

• I don't mean to be greedy...
  • ... but white rice is my favorite food.
So in the end, it's just practice and memorization, isn't it?

Well, if you're still bent on 1cc'ing Normal, watching replays is really helpful in pretty much every way.

Also, spirit collection is pretty easy, actually. Make sure you shoot down all enemies in the stage. Only trance when the important fairies come.
Collect spirits after every spell card completion. The game will always give you enough time to get up and back. Only get close to the enemy when it's easy, because although it can really rack up your spirit meter, it's actually not that necessary.

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
When can we talk about the new characters outside of this topic?
Whoops, forgot to update the news header.

about the description for Nue
She was the one who wanted to take you out not the girls  :V

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!

Look to thy faith. Now look to Taoism. Now back to thy faith. Now back to Taoism. Unfortunately, thy faith is not Taoism, but if thou ignorest the teachings of the Dark Lord Byakuren, thou couldst become immortal like me!

Looketh to thy feet. Now back up. Wherefore art thou? Thou art here to witness the resurrection of the crown prince! Looketh to him. Now back to me. Who is he? He is the saint Shoutoko, able to listen to all ten of thy desires. Look again. The saint is now a young girl!

Anything is possible when thou practiceth the way of Tao and forsake wretched Buddhism.

I'm on a boat!

KrackoCloud

• I don't mean to be greedy...
  • ... but white rice is my favorite food.
Anything is possible when thou practiceth the way of Tao and forsake wretched Buddhism.
Almost!
'-Eth' is a 3rd person suffix, and should be replaced with 'est.' Unfortunately for us, 'ignorest,' 'lookest,' and 'practicest' don't sound very nice. Maybe 'dost not heed' and 'followest?' I'm pretty sure 'looketh' can just become 'look.'

I think you might be able to use more 'art's as well, but I'm not too sure about the grammar behind that word.
I wish I was a bit more fluent in this stuff.

But, uh, on topic! >_>
The Ten Desires music has grown on me really quickly. I was surprised. Stage 4, Miko's theme, and Mamizou's theme are great.
Unfortunately, I still don't see much worth in the themes for Kaku and Futo. And I think in general, the only thing I like about Kaku is how she's all blue and owns Yoshika. Her theme and danmaku aren't too great, and I feel like Yoshika actually is more interesting.

Tojiko's still my favorite new character in this game. :Y

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

Paper Conan

• Productivity, all day 'erry day
  • NOPE, just kidding~

Look to thy faith. Now look to Taoism. Now back to thy faith. Now back to Taoism. Unfortunately, thy faith is not Taoism, but if thou ignorest the teachings of the Dark Lord Byakuren, thou couldst become immortal like me!

Looketh to thy feet. Now back up. Wherefore art thou? Thou art here to witness the resurrection of the crown prince! Looketh to him. Now back to me. Who is he? He is the saint Shoutoko, able to listen to all ten of thy desires. Look again. The saint is now a young girl!

I'm on a boat!
I love you please have my babies.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
Stuff attacks again

TAKE IT CACODEMON!!

• OKAY THEN I'M A LEGAL AIDE
  • AND ERIN BROCKOVICH IS MY NAAAME
Conan, I will have to knife-fight you for the right to get impregnated by Stuffman.
Sonata of Scarlet Sunflowers, a Flandre x Yuuka story. | Laziness of Daemonic Wastrels, wherein The Dude, Frylock, HW Guy, and David Wong get their asses kicked in Gensokyo.  | T.O.U.H.O.U.: Land of Shadows, a S.T.A.L.K.E.R./Touhou crossover. | Abomination, a monster story.

AJS

• Danmakufu Scripter

I'm on a boat!
Make a voice recording of yourself reciting that in an epic voice, and you'll be my hero. :3

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Also, spirit collection is pretty easy, actually. Make sure you shoot down all enemies in the stage. Only trance when the important fairies come.
Collect spirits after every spell card completion. The game will always give you enough time to get up and back. Only get close to the enemy when it's easy, because although it can really rack up your spirit meter, it's actually not that necessary.

This has been pretty much my experience, too. It is incredibly easy to chain in this game so long as yeah, you don't bother with trying to collect spirits around bosses. Although I usually like to save Trance for them.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Byaaakuren

• Youkai Jesus, Queen of the Monks
    • Animu List

I'm on a boat!

Haha I love you :3

I thank my friend for the sig <3
My noob replays :V
Tumblr (I post NSFW stuff there)

Deathbombing advice?

It's abit "differant" from the other Touhou's hmmm can't accurately time myself before auto-trance comes up, Mess's up my runs at times. Need.To.Focus.More.

Drake

Deathbombing is exactly exactly the same as it's always been. The only reason you think there's a difference is because when you fail, deathtrance pops up.

You can also death...trance (undeathtrance? lifetrance?), which has the exact same timing as a deathbomb, and you won't die at the end. You can tell when you've done it, because the little vwoom sound will be played a bit later than if you had died.

it's the saaaaaaaame

I'm on a boat!

I have no idea about who you are, but that was pretty awesome. :D